From the moment I heard your voice across the galaxy, I have longed for you—When I heard it...

From the moment I heard your voice across the galaxy, I have longed for you—When I heard it, I loved you more than my own life. And I wanted you to be here with me, for as long as you will let me love you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=__gLIyeQYDU
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-31-fear-is-the-path-to-the-dark-side
youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=aCfQbV3jI8U
youtube.com/watch?v=c6_vdYwMrEc
youtube.com/watch?v=aCfQbV3jI8U
moongadget.com/origins/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

y-you too

creepy

Considering Handmaiden is the only other choice, Im okay with this.
I should really replay this with the mod though.

You haven't played the restored content stuff?

Sadly no and I cant get back into it, because I started the game so many times...
Just recently I was able to finish NWN 1 again, because of this.

Kreia is my mentorfu

You have failed me. Completely and utterly.

I want to fuck her.

Can she see my dick in the force?

MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM

It is good that you have never wondered what lay beneath her robes, if her alabaster skin was as white and unblemished as her face. Or if perhaps she bore the scars of slavery... and if that would stir you more. Perhaps her deferent tone would change once you held her by the throat, and showed her how far a Jedi can fall.

why is Kreia so goddamn lewd

She was cool character, too bad that other Sith lords were hollow shells of what they could have been. The cracked one especially and Nihilius too got all the looks and not enough substance. Did the restored content made them any better?

that's way too creepy

say "echo" one more time

I agree that Nihlus was a letdown, but Sion had some great lines with an awesome accent

his whole hateboner Oedipus complex thing was pretty well done

Imma still fuck her tho, suck my lightsaber Kreia.

Jedi Watchman Best prestige class

The restored content made Nihilus alot better, but alot of Sion was cut out, which I think was for the better. Nihilus should've been the enemy the whole game rather than Sion/Kreia.

>tfw this never happened

MALACHOR V
ECHO
WOUND
FORCE BONDS
MALACHOR V
MALACHOR V

However edgy it sounds i digged the whole idea of a dude held together by pure anger and i think it was not stressed enough. But it's been 10+years and I might've forgotten some stuff.

>when you reach the enclave and this kicks in

youtube.com/watch?v=__gLIyeQYDU

This has to be one of the best moments in any star wars piece of media ever

No longer do your whispers crawl within my skull, no longer do we suffer beneath teachings that weaken us. And now you run in search of the Jedi... They are all dead, save one. And one broken Jedi cannot stop the darkness which is to come.

MALACHOR thing was cool, when you scanned the minds of your crew and the only thing the seemingly cool mechanic had in mind was this place. Subtle PTSD at its best.

The whole You were afraid scene is pure kino

Fuck the writing was so good.

I actually used to think 2 was terrible until the restored content mod. Now I actually like it more than the first. Anyone who hasn't tried that mod is missing out imo.

>Nihilus should've been the enemy the whole game rather than Sion/Kreia.
You know I read that and thought, yeah that would make sense... except that apart from him being a supposedly bigger threat (if he ever was) it really doesn't. You end the game where your exile began. You confront the one who spawned these monstrosities and "re-spawned" you. And most importantly you finish the lesson she's been teaching you all game (like a Sith no less) and finally learn the proper way to use the force (and to educate others to do so as well) without the restraints of failed dogma that both Jedi and Sith were using and that she was so fervently against.

In a sense, the Exile was supposed to be the one to usher a renaissance of force-users and apprenticeship ended when either according to the Jedi he stopped being her padawan, or according to the Sith he killed his master to take her place.

>The Greater Storm Beast just before Trayus Academy
What were they thinking?

Same, as a kid I really didn't understand the way that the story was meant to challenge existing Star Wars lore, whilst working within it.

Playing it when I was older changed my views on it, playing with RCM made me love it.

Does the Old Republic (MMO) added some juicy bits about Revan, Exile or anyone from frist two games?

Goddamn, I'm not even that big of a SW nerd but I get so fucking pumped when Kreia slags off those three fuckers. I'm like laughing and crying at the same time, fist pumping, kneeling towards Mecca, masturbating while playing the banjo. It's magnificent.

The exile is mentioned here and there. Revan got his own expansion. Also one of the Jedi Knight's companions knew Revan.

That, and some book about Revan, yeah.
Not only are both shit as I've heard, BioWare really go out of their way to defile KotOR2.

Exile went after Revan, and got captured. She then sacrificed herself so that he could escape. Revan then shows up so you can kill him for his pants.

I wonder what Sawyer would think about KotOR2 's romances. They were certainly a step up from the original's but still very much that "grind a bar to progress" deal.

I'd really love to know what the early scripts were. A lot of the art and promotional material don't really fit what we ended up with.

>he didn't supershield and dope himself to the max near any boss looking creature

I'd let her grind my bar if you know what I'm sayin

Sion stuff also depends on you playing as female Exile.

>dat romantic angle he has towards you

My character was so OP by that point it didn't even make a difference.

Reminder the Exile is canonically a girl

>try to do master flurry/master speed/dual wielding
>both of us lose 85% of health in the first round
>have like 7 level ups backed up

It kills me how much the second game was hinting towards some serious shit going down only to never arrive because TOR happened. I don't know if it was Obsidian or Bioware themselves who planned to explore the theme of true Sith before they just became a red skinned alien choice of a playable race.

>tfw i always abused the free item you can use in the menu to shield or medkit myself
To be fair that HK Factory final fight was total bullshit without it.

While the Sith Lords didn't have a personality or interacted much, they were great conceptually and represented a strong observation of everything wrong about the Sith as an ideology, and that they were two halfs of Kreia's philosophy that learned the wrong lesson.
Nihilus is just a power hungry force of nature that hungers for more and more power until he was almost about to eat the entire galaxy, literally.
Sion represents the more physical aspect of the Sith and their will to power. He is literally telekinetically holding himself together by sheer force of will. That's you mind break him by the end.

>his whole hateboner Oedipus complex thing was pretty well done
I agree.

and such a pretty one too :)

I find it weird the game even happened considering how strict LucasArts team apparently was with sticking to the lore and spirit of Star Wars.

Times were different
The EU was pretty out of hand as it was, I doubt they cared that much about the lore with third party storylines set thousands of years apart from the mainline series

I feel like they started caring more again with the Disney acquisition
Lucas himself had them cut a Revan cameo out of The Clone Wars

Not really. I'm working on a video on the philosophy of Kreia and everything the team did was absolutely within the bounds of Star Wars and its spirit. Ironically, Rogue One, with its whole realism morality shit (that character that is fine with shooting his own friends) is much more damaging to the Star Wars spirit than anything Kotor 2 ever did.
It's not that the game broke the spirit of Star Wars or presented nuances, but that Star Wars already had those nuances and no one never noticed. It's rather spectacular the introspection Avellone sought to uncover about the entirety of Star Wars, to the point where I think that the prequels was pure genius.

Wasn't the whole Old Republic thing a way to loosen their controll a bit?

>to the point where I think that the prequels was pure genius.
were* pure genius by Lucas, despite the obvious flaws like Anakin being edgy and the CGI being weird and everyone's favorite little nitpick.

>to the point where I think that the prequels was pure genius.
Hey, hold your horses man. What about K2 makes the prequels "pure genius"??

Reminder that Revan is mullet man and that the Exile is Jedi Jesus.

Bioware fanfiction interests me not in the slightest.

This 2bh

Even though I fucking hate the Jesus face, all the male faces is Kotor2 are trash

Read this:

eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-31-fear-is-the-path-to-the-dark-side

>"The entire second game is littered with clues as to 'why didn't Revan destroy the infrastructure here? What was he trying to make sure was still intact? What did he/she see that no one else saw?' I thought that was giving a nice nod to 'wait a minute, Revan realises there's an even larger force at work here, and he's focusing his efforts on that and keeping the big picture in mind'. That was one thing - the idea that there was a larger, global conspiracy."

>That third game would cast you as "the Exile" and allow you to track Revan's path. "Whether you encounter him or not..." he pauses, wary of spoilers in case the game ever happens in the future. "The idea was that even before the 'modern day' Sith came into being in The Old Republic ... there were even more distant Sith Lords that were considered the true Sith, and the idea that they were still lurking out there in the galaxy waiting for a chance to strike, kind of like the Shadows in Babylon 5, I thought would be a cool finale for that Old Republic trilogy.

>"Part of the fun with designing them," he adds, "was if you have these incredibly powerful Force users and they have their whole hidden domain out in the distant reaches of the galaxy, what would that Sith empire really look like at the hands of these things?

>"If they could shape entire planets or galaxies or nebulas, and they had all these slave races at their disposal, how cool would that be, to go into the heart of darkness and you're the lone Jedi and/or new version of the Sith confronting these guys? What would that be like? I thought that would be pretty epic."

Dude it's ok
Your masochistic waifu is a lesbian
Not a big deal just find yourself another there's plenty of alien sluts who like getting forcechoked

Yo, I don't mind jesus but the bald dude was goat.

It was not bioware. Ther is a novel out there that canonizes the exile as a female.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Seriously, do you honestly think anyone here acknowledges Bioware's bungled up job as legit?

A novel written for SWTOR. Hence, fanfiction.

member when rpg games were actually good

Well, Revan is canonically mullet man, so you're half right.

I didn't know it was written for SWTOR. Disregard everything I said then.

I'm playing New Vegas right after finishing KOTOR 2, and what the fuck happened to obsidian?

Why do they call him mullet man when it's clearly swept back long hair?

I still feel like the problem was always that Star Wars wasn't self-aware, it had the potential for all sort of introspective shit, exploring the idea of Force and its philosophical implications etc but was too concerned with being just a zany space adventure with magic and good triumphing over evil and aping Lucas's sci-fi and pulp inspirations like EE Doc Smith and Flash Gordon etc

What do you mean? New Vegas is pretty good

Everything Kotor 2 questions was unambiguously laid out in the entirety of Star Wars.
The Jedi were always manipulative assholes. The reasons why Anakin fell to the Dark Side is hilariously the very first thing they question him about. Everything that lead him to the Dark Side was because of the stupidity and incompetency of the Jedi Council which Kotor 2 mentions and is later confirmed by Ep 3.

The greatest thing about Star Wars is that it has layers of intercontinuity that never actually explains itself and only by secondary material is it built upon and explained.
Everything that makes Kotor 2 great is not because it examined the truth behind Star Wars, but that the truth was always in plain sight, but that no one noticed because everyone accepts that altruism is good.
When you stop thinking that the Jedi as an ideology and group are good and simply another group, they're so evil that it hurts.

Here's a preview of the video I'm making.
It just about covers Kreia's past leading up to the overall failings of the Jedi. I'm almost done with the video, but give it a look and tgell me what you think about it.

youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=aCfQbV3jI8U

>Lucas himself had them cut a Revan cameo out of The Clone Wars
youtube.com/watch?v=c6_vdYwMrEc

>notLando
>trash

Written by Drew Karpyshyn, lead writer of Kotor1?

Everything Kotor 2 questions was unambiguously laid out in the entirety of Star Wars.
The Jedi were always manipulative assholes. The reasons why Anakin fell to the Dark Side is hilariously the very first thing they question him about. Everything that lead him to the Dark Side was because of the stupidity and incompetency of the Jedi Council which Kotor 2 mentions and is later confirmed by Ep 3.

The greatest thing about Star Wars is that it has layers of intercontinuity that never actually explains itself and only by secondary material is it built upon and explained.
Everything that makes Kotor 2 great is not because it examined the truth behind Star Wars, but that the truth was always in plain sight, but that no one noticed because everyone accepts that altruism is good.
When you stop thinking that the Jedi as an ideology and group are good and simply another group, they're so evil that it hurts.

Here's a preview of the video I'm making.
It just about covers Kreia's past leading up to the overall failings of the Jedi. I'm almost done with the video, but give it a look and tgell me what you think about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=aCfQbV3jI8U

I think 90% of bad stuff in New Vegas basically comes from Bethesda and is shit Obsidian inherited from them and had to work with. Even in that they improved with shit like companion control wheel, weapon modifications, etc and let's not even go into actual RPG stuff where Obsidian runs circles around Bethesda.

Fucking Lucas.

Nothing happened. What Sup Forums consistently deludes themselves about is the fact that Obsidian were not once in their entire existence good video game developers. They have been creative developers, ambitious ones, and sometimes good writers as well. But they have never made a good video game. Their technical proficiency is nonexistent and they have no talent for managing money or time, consistently leading to half-finished buggy ass games rushed out the door at the last minute, leading to a 6-7/10 experience where you see the diamond in the rough but Obsidian was too incompetent to draw it out.

People blame Lucasarts all the time for KotOR 2, and their publishers for New Vegas, but it isn't just those two games. It is EVERY game. Even ones that they self-published and had all the time in the world to perfect. There comes a point where you have to admit that those instances only exacerbated a pre-existing condition.

It was pretty clear what was going on with Sion as early as the Peragus med bay terminals. Really like how Filoni used a similar concept with Darth Maul.
Great analysis, I feel like actual fans realize the true story going on in the prequels and extended media and the "nerd" culture fans just soak it up because it's socially acceptable and trendy to do so.

People don't realize the amount of backstory, world building and nuance Lucas put into SW.

And to relate back to OP, TSL may have been great but I've got a soft spot for that shitty Brotherhood of Shadows mod from KotOR.

To be perfectly fair, the Revan cameo they had was pretty fucking terrible. He was a cut-and-dry mustache-twirling evil ghost, and unless they were going for a BIG twist where the main villain of the arc was good and just pretending to be evil for... some reason, it would have been a universally panned cameo and tainted Revan's character even worse than TOR.

Kotor 2 was amazing, even unfinished it's still a great game, it actually feels like a much more complete game than Kotor 1.

When did everything go so wrong?

It had better, considering they were given a complete engine and assets. They built upon the existing foundation.

>People don't realize the amount of backstory, world building and nuance Lucas put into SW.
It's there because Lucas ripped off many properties that already had them.

And come on, every dev since Dark Forces had their own plans for a SW game. Avellone set out to deconstruct it and he ended up enforcing a lot of the core beliefs and revelations the franchise has had.

This

moongadget.com/origins/index.html is a pretty neat look into the inspirations for Star Wars

Basing Jedai off of Buddhism? Kurosawa films? Flash Gordon?

Of course it was built on the defining things in his life.

I think it was.
When you actually take a step back and realize that Obiwan tells Luke 'from a certain point of view' when discussing why he fucking lied to his face, and that this exact line was used by Palpatine in Ep 3 ''Good is a point of view Anakin''.
Then you have Yoda WITH HIS LAST BREATH TELLING LUKE ABOUT HIS SISTER. Like I never noticed it before making this video, but when Atton says ''the Jedi sure like their secrets'' he was on the money and I never noticed how absolutely reprehensible Yoda is as a person and character.
Then you have how the Jedi psychologically teach the youth to be altruistic from their youngest memory and it's the reason why Anakin was initially rejected.

The joke is that Star Wars is endlessly at wars because both sides, the Jedi and Sith, are inhuman fighting a war for how they should control the Force.
The Jedi preach that they have to destroy their humanity, never seeking any personal desires, just so that they can be more in tune with the Force, but they also do so simply because they understand using the Force for selfish gains leads to destruction.
And the Sith initially seek power for good reasons, to change the galaxy (Nietzschean) but obtain power in the most bullshit way possible. They have to enact ''psychotic urges'', as Kreia says it, and lose their humanity.

So the Jedi have to make sure that NO ONE has emotional bonds with others or remains humans, while the Sith are inhuman pieces of shit seeking power.
It's a bullshit war that never ends.

>People don't realize the amount of backstory, world building and nuance Lucas put into SW.
It's much more than that. Lucas actually tapped into the zeitgeist of humanity's culture in its more basic aspect.

It's shaky, man. I mean granted the prequel council can be reasoned to be incompetent but Anakin's fall in the movies is mostly handwaved as an inevitability, as in, "the path that one must walk to defeat the bad guy means becoming one" and that prophecy crap. Also, shouldn't 1 be accredited with making the council incompetent, or at least opening the door to it since their actions (or inactions) created Revan? And is that even a failure? Assuming they deal with the Mandalorian Wars in 1, I've never actually gone past a couple of hours in it.

I mean, you're right in that the plot for K2 doesn't step on any toes and simply examines what was already there in the movies but I'm not sure having a elder group of a religion not being very competent or even having a positive influence despite their intentions is that revolutionary a concept, especially if you don't judge like K2 did and the prequels didn't. I mean, K2 is mostly revered for making you a spectator to the force from a neutral standpoint (or trying to) which is something the films always explicitly avoided.

>And the Sith initially seek power for good reasons, to change the galaxy (Nietzschean) but obtain power in the most bullshit way possible. They have to enact ''psychotic urges'', as Kreia says it, and lose their humanity.
Another point that's been brought up in these threads before is that the Sith are doomed to cycles of self-destruction, because most Sith misunderstand their own philosphy. Palpatine, Malak, and many others all used underhanded, weak methods to kill their masters because they could not face them directly. This betrays the core tenet of the Sith passing down their power and knowledge to the next generation, because these betrayals weaken the apprentice and encourage cowardice.

It's only because of a one-in-a-thousand-years prodigy like Revan or Bane cropping up that they survive as an order, because they're the few who understand the importance of personal virtue and betterment along with power, and use it to construct something not just for themselves but for the future.

Not really. 1's definitely more complete. 2's an excellent sequel though, particularly if you don't mind the deconstruction. 2 also builds pretty meaningfully as a sequel for mechanics. 2's biggest failing is just being unfinished.

I already knew about those.
I'm saying claiming he is responsible for the depth of SW is foolish.
That view is entirely dependent on the idea the Jedi are willing fools who create their own destruction, however.
>When you actually take a step back and realize that Obiwan tells Luke 'from a certain point of view' when discussing why he fucking lied to his face
Irrelevant, that line was written when the later SW movies and the twist didn't exist.
>So the Jedi have to make sure that NO ONE has emotional bonds with others or remains humans
So you mean the Buddhist method of attaining Nirvana, in which you return everything to emptyness, divest yourself of material and emotional bonds to the world?

Regardless, I haven't seen the video you posted yet but I'm looking forward to.

Don't forget the original script (admittedly both OT sequels had many rewrites) had Yoda saving Leia incase Luke fails to kill the Emperor. They refused to tell Luke about Anakin because that would stop him from killing the two Sith Lords. They literally groomed him to be an assassin.

>So you mean the Buddhist method of attaining Nirvana, in which you return everything to emptyness, divest yourself of material and emotional bonds to the world?

Yeah, but Buddhists aren't Guardians of Peace in the Galaxy, though. How you can can protect someone when you're so distant from them on the most basic level?

>I loved you more than my own life.

>values own life as dirt
>wishes for death
what did she mean by this?

but NV is a much better game in several aspects than the literally unfinished KotoR 2 (I still love them both)

>How you can can protect someone when you're so distant from them on the most basic level?
I dunno, why don't you ask the Buddha or his Bodhisattva?
You are literally saying that the Buddhist method of enlightenment is inherently false and terrible, but openly acknowledge that SW is heavily rooted in it.

People also forget that the Buddha returned to the material world after attaining enlightenment. Intentionally or not basing the Jedi off of Buddhism reveals inherent flaws in the ideology.