Toukiden 2 thread

Wah ha ha

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NOk8jt1VMAdOgdC9lhLytIE8lwSKnHBWW8-Ua5oNGXk/edit#gid=844152256
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I Naginata

You throw it in the garbage and use a Club.

But I'm already enjoying Combo GS as well

Git gud. Alternatively, use a DEF Mitama as your primary, REALLY helps keep you in Hyperskilled mode since damage to the buffer health bar doesn't remove it, and you can toss on Barrier for MAXIMUM HYPERSKILLED MODE. Also abuse the fact that you have pretty dang good aerials as much as possible, monsters don't tend to attack the air TOO MUCH, usually.

>head out into the world
>shortly on my way I come across some guy being attacked by a bunch of imps
>help him out and he joins me
>traveling along
>see an abandoned weapon tucked away near a shrine
>examine it and the spirit of its owner asks me to avenge him by killing the oni that killed him
>I got you senpai
>on my way searching for said oni come across a cave covered by a wall of ice
>remember an NPC from earlier talking about how a beautiful maiden is rumored to live in said cave and draws travelers in asking for help
>break wall down and explore cave
>suddenly attacked by giant snake woman oni
>kill it and rescue the soul of the maiden it devoured
>remember my other bro I promised to help
>set out once more

I know people call open world a meme these days and there are some things that could be improved on, but this should be the standard for hunting games now. I literally discover something new every time I leave the village and go exploring and most of the time there's not even annoying quest markers to spell things out for you, making it actually exciting when you come across a new Mitama or Oni.

Fuck YEAH. HOLY shit. MAXIMUM RETARD POSTING,.

Well gee whiz I'm SORRY for posting in a manner that's not to your LIKING my good SIR. I'll CLEARLY change my typing style just to suit YOU my friend.

>Defense to keep Hyperskilled

This doesn't sound too bad of an idea

Yeah,the open-world isn't bad aside from forcing you to backtrack sometimes.Hope they improve movement in the next games,like going full Bionic Commando or Spiderman with the demon hand to go faster or something.
Level layouts shouldn't just be big corridors too,hope they improve that.
Also,any other fun hunting games that I can play on PC?
I tried MHFU on ppsspp,but it's simply too slow singleplayer and god eater isn't that good.

>Also,any other fun hunting games that I can play on PC?
God Eater and that's pretty much it.

You could play Lord of Arcana on PPSSPP but it's not very good either, especially if God Eater wasn't good enough for you.

Portable 3rd is a better entry point for a PSP MH game.

Lost planet 2 i guess? Never played it but i think i read somewhere it's about hunting big stuff.

>Playing Kiwami since I barely touched it after I bought it and I need my Toukiden fix
>Kusarigama doesn't have that sexy aoe spin
>Can't fly forever without using O
>No SnS or Whip
>No claw
>No Wa ha ha
I'm cracking boys

So what's the weapon power ranking in the game?

>no Japanese text and audio
>fun

At least it's much faster than MH. English voices suck dick, I'll give you that.

Should I grab this for $54 or wait for a sale? I took a chance with God Eater and that came out well but I'm not sure about this game.

Gaunlets and clubs at the top.
Whip and rifle are probably at the bottom.

Rifle got nerfed fucking HARD from kiwami along with longsword while everything else got buffed in some way.
Knives and naginata got probably the most buffs but naginanta was the slowest killing weapon in kiwami.

>whip at bottom
I tried chain whip for shits and giggle but it so fucking fun ;_;

>Rifle is at the bottom
Really?I remember hearing that it was good dps

Even bottom tier weapons in toukiden aren't complete garbage.
Naginata in kiwami was considered bottom of the barrel and still could get sub 5 min times on ultimates with a proper playstyle and mitama.

I still love rifles even after the massive nerf, it actually made them more interesting to play since you no longer just spam spirit shot.

The longsword nerf was a kick in the balls though since they nerfed the only interesting thing about the weapon.

Eh, tier lists for this game are only about kill times, don't let it bother you if your weapon isn't rated high, it's basically just killing a monster taking another minute or two.

>only see a few weapons, but only the fists have some semblance of weight to them
It just feels different when there are little amounts of hitstop, while you wave around your weapon like it weighs like nothing.

Are there weapons like the gauntlets where I can feel power in my blows?

All bullets now charge in spirit shot so it's no longer efficient to use it, in kiwami rifles were great DPS by simply spamming SNP spirit shot since it didn't have charge time.

Now the best way to play rifle is to spam normal shots using the new reload features that make the weapon a fuckton more interesting to play and made more bullet types actually viable.

But the weapon itself is much weaker now compared to kiwami when it comes to clear times.

Use what you want. Your Mitama build is what mainly matters when it comes to how fast you kill shit.

Club. That's about it though, everything else is about super fast combo action. Also even Gauntlets don't really feel that weighty if you build them right (SPD Mitamas are a hell of a drug) and you just do a million hit flurry attack like it's nothing. This just isn't really that kind of game, man.

Club bruh.

Club due to how it's played. You just don't flail it like a retard when you're near a monster. You have to make sure there is some distance between you and it so that when you smash it, the tip of the club hits the monster.

What's the purpose of miasma shots for rifle?

Ah well. I appreciate the thoughts, then. Maybe I'll give it a try in the future.
Sounds interesting, I'll give the two a try when I give it a pirate.

Does anyone know where the venom queen is on the field? I need to farm it but I only encountered it in the ruins

Clubs feel really really good then you counter monsters, basically the biggest fuck you in the game, and decently otherwise.

Rifles hilariously enough are ok too, it just feels nice to reload after every shot.

>,like going full Bionic Commando or Spiderman with the demon hand to go faster or something
I've been saying that someone needs to steal the vines from Freedom Wars. That was the best movement ability

What this guy said. Also searching for her.

I got it on the Vita and this shit is perfect. Is it cross-play with PS4? I'm thinking about buying a copy for my bro to play with so we can hunt together if it is.

Also, how do I properly use Rifles / Gauntlets / Knives / Bows?

I want to use a ranged / melee combo and the first three are my choices. Bows are just the next ranged weapon I know, but they seem underwhelming.

>33 hours in
>Barely reached chapter 4

Fuck yeah

You fight one during a sidequest in Chapter 6.

I believe it starts spawning in the Machina Plains in Age of Peace after a certain point as well.

>Chapter 6
Damn, I'm still on chapter 3. No wonder the armor you can make out of it is so much better than mine

Mash buttons until red aura and mash O when red. Hold triangle to leap in the air and flail around like a retard. Get fucked by an instant dash or an amazing hitbox and throw it in the trash.

Can someone tell me if this game is worth the steep price tag and is it decent solo only? Thank you

Are the vines in Freedom Wars even better than the demon hand?

>Steep price tag
Where are you getting it from?
and yes it's great solo.

Once you get used to the timing, the demon hand is way more useful and fun to fly around with

Oh man they are so better

>can hook onto almost any surface
>can use them to buff / rez allies

Yes, they can attach anywhere, let you stick to walls, let you revive party members from a distance, and let you dodge at sanic speeds

I think it's worth it even solo since the AIs are really good.

Gauntlets with 3 def mitamas are fucking rad.
Especially using the sumo mitama as your main.

One thing to take into consideration with this game is that it isn't just a hunting game anymore. It puts just as much effort in story as the hunting aspect. So if you're looking for a single player experience, who knows, the story might be a pleasant bonus for you even if you're only after for the combat.

There is crossplay with ps4.

>Rifles
Use normal shot auto-reload with your ammo of choice, explosive delay or pierce seem the best depending on the monster.
Spirit shot seems like a complete waste of time.

>gauntlets
Set stuff on fire then mash flurry.

>knives
Depends entirely on your mitama setup, very versatile weapon.
Spin2win is a noob trap, dash attack or aerial builds are better.

>bows
Curse arrow
Wait for strong nock buff
Triple charge normal arrow on cursed part
Repeat

I usually run ATK / LUK / SPD Mitamas
>Might + Carnage + Mirage
>Have abilities that lower focus usage for Ora Oraing
>Have abilities that replenish focus for each precision strike
>Have abilities that dramatically boost attack speed and lower focus usage when using mirage
>Luk mitama buffs or replenishes with the small chance of being cursed as a downside
>Literally Fist of the North Star with how fast you go

How do I shield?

I hear you the only weapons that have weight are the club fist and unexpectedly rifle the rest just slash through mobs like a hot knife through butter sadly.

Rifle feels like HBG but better n a lot of ways. Loading up like 3 types of bullets and switching between them and using the instant reload and nades is a treat but my kill times are so slow in the demo.

What's a good mitama setup for knives? I've been only playing gauntlets but I want to go fast. Currently in HR, so looking for an endgame mitama setup.
Do knives go with poison or something?

Speaking of bows, how do you do the arrow rain move? I've seen Manazuru do it and it looks nifty as hell.

Notch 3 arrows by pressing strong attack three times in a row.

1 notch: knockback
2 notches: volley
3 notches: rain

How is this game? I really want a good hunting game on the big screen. I refuse to buy a 3DS just to play Monster Hunter portable.

Moon stance to build gauge in defense mode
Stab the fuckers with rainfall in offense mode after gauge full
Charge your piledriver when the gauge is about to run out.

The move that destroys parts fills a lot of your assault gauge so focusing on a PLN build and filling your weapon gauge asap to spam it is a nice way to play SnS.
Another way is to focus on Mirage since it also feels your assault gauge super fast.

Great but it feels more like Dragon's Dogma than a hunting game

Very easy monster hunter inspired games that tries to be its own thing. It's more focused on storytelling and looking awesome rather than being a slow and meticulous game like monhun is. It's made with love and has a lot of strengths.

It's made by omega force, the dynasty warriors dudes, if that can help you decide.

There's a shitton of mitama and possible builds.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NOk8jt1VMAdOgdC9lhLytIE8lwSKnHBWW8-Ua5oNGXk/edit#gid=844152256

This has a lot of recommended mitama builds for various weapons and setups.

>Gauntlets
Get in the face of oni and cave it in.
If you're starting out
Use minamoto no yoshitsune with atk up, fervor and might+ rage
For defnse skill, use raiden tame'emon with might+ sturdy, solidity extend/fitness and no retreat
For atk skill use Iyo then switch to sarutobi sasuke with mirage+ wraith, mirage+ quicken, and oni eater

Now go out ther and cave faces in

>feels more like Dragon's Dogma

Oh wow, sold. I'm fucking sold. Thank you. I am going to buy this game now.

Seriously, the game just needs actual dungeons, in depth character customisation between you and your party, and probably not look like shit graphics-wise, and this series would be golden.

Who thought it was a good idea to not translate banter when you're in the open world?

>feels more like Dragon's Dogma than a hunting game
What?

I use that build too though i prefer def for extra tankyiness

To be honest I don't agree with that user at all, and I say this as someone that loves both toukiden 2 and Dragon's dogma.

It has none of the charm DD has, nor the super crazy studd you can do in that game either. Watch some playthrough before buying.

You can get it cheap on GmG. I got it there for 45 bucks.

Hopefully there will be mods for this. Good thing my years of anime experience has helped me understand the basic gist of what they are talking most of the time. Gwen in particular is quite funny. Her manner of speaking is so different from what you'd expect from an English lady that it's no surprise Homura calls her an American.

>feels more like Dragon's Dogma than a hunting game
It's a feels more a musou game than dragons dogma you uneducated troll.

>feels more like Dragon's Dogma

Hahahahaha.

How the fuck is that trolling?
He's right. Not that it actually is like Dragon's Dogma, but it's closer to that genre than it is hunting games or a fucking musou

What are the best Mitama?

spin to win is absurdly strong now that it has no bounceback
its literally the best thing you can do against any monster that doesn't constantly move/jump

>musou

It feels nothing like a musou. The only reason you're saying that is because it's an Omega Force game.

Plunder, Attack and Speed

The rest are more situational or used if they have complimenting skills.

Might as well say it's like Shadow of the Colossus since in both games you hunt big monsters into a big open world. When you kill big monsters, you get souls to inhabit your body too! Literalyl the same game, how can omega force keep getting away with it?

Holy fuck are DD fans so autistic that they can't have another game resembling an ARPG come out?

Well let's see

>rather in depth customisation compared to GE and MonHun
>open world setting with seamless combat
>Mitama feature allowing you to put up a number of builds, which is a concept often found in RPGs
>While you can hunt solo, there is an emphasis on bringing AI companion that aid you in combat to level up their affection levels
>warpstones found in the field that allow you to fast travel
>you can encounter bosses in the field, and sometimes can come at you at randomly

Your mom

They share a lot of similarities

While at it lets throw in castlevania aria of sorrow and dawn of sorrow too since both gives you souls when you defeat enemies that you then equip as abilities and kill more enemies.

In the demo what are the best mitama for rifles so I can meme on other demo noobs online? I want damage. Or do I have to just settle for the atk mitama for every weapon.

I think this game is also like Sonic The Hedgehog games because you run around in it a lot, have companions with you (like Tails!) and you can roll.

I'm really surprised at how long this game is.

>We live in an age in which long games are actually surprising
I mean, there's a lot of repetition in T2 but they made it weight far less thanks to the open world.

Capcbros ruin everything.

I haven't followed it at all after playing the first one but Toukiden 2 is open world? Not area-based anymore like Monster Hunter?

The amount of autistic screeching in this thread is pretty insane. Take your battered assholes elsewhere.

iirc you can only get like, 17 mitamas in the demo. Plus, I think you can play with people who bought the game as the demo is just a chunk of the main game.

I'm spending too much time exploring and doing field missions. Currently 41 hours despite only getting to chapter 3

Blame capkeks for starting it.

Yeah. Toukiden 2 is open world for the most part. There are very obvious sectioned maps, but there aren't loading screens between them and the maps themselves are massive.

How is the netcode for PC, gang? Can I still play with people from the other side of the planet without too much trouble?

>no open world in multi
bullshit

Shit.
You can tell they didn't really care about the PC port and focused on the Vita / Ps4 instead

Just killed the SUCCubus.
About ready to uninstall desu. Nothing exciting about it.

I know but what is the best mitama for rifle in the demo or should I stick to ATK. I also been using the one with the defense down orb and the shock trab but I still feel weak.

There can be technically. I had a few missions where we had to kill a few large Oni on the entire map so we all split up to kill them.

Sequel when

I like DEF too, though it may seem contradictory having that extra health buffer and barrier can help you hammer in damage during otherwise unsafe or unwise moments which is nice.

Not sequel, but expect a Kiwami version with new shit added later this year. Koei likes doing this shit with their games.

Gun actually looks pretty neat with all the movements options. Might try it out.