Will the Switch ever get proper 3rd party support or will it go the way of the Wii U?

Will the Switch ever get proper 3rd party support or will it go the way of the Wii U?
1. nintendotoday.com/no-south-park-on-switch/
2. nerdmuch.com/news/103841/for-honor-will-not-be-coming-to-the-switch/
3. rdr2.com/news/red-dead-redemption-2-nintendo-switch-2/
4. polygon.com/2017/3/14/14922024/is-overwatch-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch
5. ign.com/articles/2017/01/03/no-plans-for-mass-effect-andromeda-on-nintendo-switch
6. forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/01/23/why-it-matters-resident-evil-7-isnt-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch-either/#525f002711c4
7. segmentnext.com/2017/02/10/project-cars-2-switch/
8. nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/there_are_currently_no_plans_for_final_fantasy_xv_on_nintendo_switch
9. twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/816339149879799814?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
10. finder.com.au/eidos-slams-deus-ex-mankind-divided-for-nintendo-nx-rumours
11. wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-may-not-powerful-enough-run-prey/
12. segmentnext.com/2017/01/20/titanfall-2-nintendo-switch-fuck-no-says-respawn-developer/
13. ign.com/articles/2017/01/16/gearbox-ceo-doesnt-see-borderlands-3-coming-to-nintendo-switch
14. survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/141329-community-crunch-82-and-ark-digest-46/#comment-800349
15. wccftech.com/funcom-excited-scorpio-ps4-conan-exile/
16. destructoid.com/no-hearthstone-is-not-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch-394781.phtml
17. gonintendo.com/stories/273475-this-war-of-mine-not-coming-to-switch-as-of-now-but-that-could-c

Disgaea 5 and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 flopped horribly, didn't they?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
youtu.be/fphtNeHKwGo
nintendotoday.com/nintendo-switch-dev-kit-price/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares I bought it for nintendo games

Ubisoft is holding a chat for a few days to ask Switch owners what they'd like in terms of support from them.

I know it's Ubisoft and they suck, but it's a start

I've seen multiple polls with this type of thing and the Vita / PS4 always won out whenever either were an option.
It's fucked.

all one of them

They are all waiting to see if the thing sells or flops like the Wii U
So they are all holding off on announcing ports. Just give it til christmas before you start nailing the coffin shut. Jesus.

>buying a nintendo system for 3rd party that isn't Capcom or square

We're getting Elder Scrolls though

Or namco or atlus/sega or level 5

Why the fuck would I want 1st party Nintendo games? They're almost always shit.
Even then I pirated BotW and it was okay at best.

you are so cool

Being a passive aggressive autist about it solves nothing. 1st party Nintendo games aren't interesting 90% of the time for me.

There was literally 3 on launch, BOTW 1 2 switch and Snipperclips.

Sooo cooool!

Which version of Skyrim is it. Pretty weird that they never made that clear. Don't expect any future Elder Scrolls games though.

Didn't it run at sub 20 fps?
Why would anybody want skyrim like that?
Even moreso without mods?

Does anyone else have a loose left joycon? It wobbles a little when slotted in.

All one of them.

It's like you never owned a Nintendo handheld which always gets lots of 3rd party support especially with the Vita on its way out.

Oh it's this thread again

>which always gets lots of 3rd party support

Outside of Monster Hunter or Pokemon I can't even think of any other 3rd party titles for that shit.

>especially with the Vita on its way out.

Even Vita devs say they're not too hot on the Switch and will probably do multi-plats between the two of them for a long while. If the sales for D5 and DQH2 are any indication, they may just move to PS4 instead since they view the Switch as a home console too

It's definitely the special edition due to the lighting and foliage. This really isn't hard to understand. Porting the original would be more work. It was 32-bit and DX9 and couldn't use over 3GB of RAM. Never version is 64-bit and DX12 and has not RAM limit. Special edition scales down to older PC hardware. It literally makes no sense to port the older version so stop wondering.

Compared to the XB1 and PS4 versions I would expect identical image fidelity at 720p rocked and 540p mobile. The game is nothing special. The textures are the "HD" 2011 PC ones upscale. Barely improved over the 360. It can run at 4K native on PS4 Pro and is 1080p on an XB1. They could probably scale back draw distance and foliage and get it to 900p docked. It is literally an objectively nothing special from a technical perspective and the switch will have no problem with it. What I'm curious about is mod support. Rumor suggests it's shit-tier PS4-style mods only

>Even Vita devs say they're not too hot on the Switch and will probably do multi-plats between the two of them for a long while. If the sales for D5 and DQH2 are any indication, they may just move to PS4 instead since they view the Switch as a home console too

Please provide a link to proof of this. You just made that up. Vita fans are even more autistic and living in their heads than Sonic the Hedgehog fans I swear. Everybody who ever bought a Vita and felt the need to talk about it positively on Sup Forums needs to be euthanized

>this thread again
>"Whaaa Nintendo isn't getting a bunch of shit that is exclusive to one platform or isn't already on everything else"

Who the fuck cares? Those who buy Nintendo platforms don't do it to play 90% of that shit. They buy it for Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, and the hope that it will get others on top. I know some who bought one early just to play the Splatoon 2 test fire.

>D5 and DQH2 flopped
2 games previously on another popular platform and only released in 1 region. You're reaching very hard.

Being this assblasted over a small group of people who legitimately enjoy their console is a greater sign of autism than the Vita fans who pop up here in Sup Forums

Yeah I'm thinking the lack of mod support is why they're refraining from calling it special edition, what with other consoles getting that.

>go the way of the Wii U

It will go the way of the DS and 3DS when it starts getting all those games.
Imagine a console where you concentrate:
>all main Zelda titles (and we've already got an excellent example)
>all main mario titles
>mario kart
>animal crossing
>monster hunter
>main pokemon
>smash
>all other comfy Nintendo IP Nintendo comes up with
>all other 3rd party games that were usually released on the 3DS

>console is portable, perfect for Japan
>console is playable on big ass TV + surround, perfect for the West

It's a recipe for success, user.

Getting more 3rd party support is great and all but no one cares. The multi-plat games are always better on PC. People buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games, not as a general-purpose console.

>Outside of Monster Hunter or Pokemon I can't even think of any other 3rd party titles for that shit.
>Pokemon
>3rd party

Yeah, you don't know shit. Atlus for instance has been a huge supporter of the 3DS with all the Etrian Odyssey and Shin Megami Tensei games for it on top of their regular RPGs.

>Vita dying (or is dead)
>3DS about to be Lenny'd
>"Next Gen" Portable is here
> Weeb games gotta go somewhere

It could happen, but I didn't ask for it.

>Outside of MH or Pokemon
>Pokemon
>Even Vita devs say they're not too hot on the Switch

You're a silly man.

Weeb games are moving to PC. No way will they go onto the Switch.

>a console that concentrates all the weebshit cancer
>recipe for success

A few vita games getting ported to PC does not mean Japan will suddenly give up their mobile gaming fetish.

I think if anything it'll be Switch and PC. I doubt PC sales are good enough to stick to just PC, and if Switch is doing well with Nips then that's where they'll go.

Then again I'm talking out my ass here, so we'll see what happens.

But I have seen a youtube video comparing the two using the same hardware and you get more FPS using the old skyrim.

That heavily depends on how much dev kits cost on the Switch. One of the biggest reported reasons devs avoided the Wii U (aside from Nintendo censorship and different fanbase) was due to the expensive dev kit cost.

>spending your saturday morning compiling this many references for the sole purpose of shitposting nintendo on a Mongolian basket weaving enthusiast site

Bravo

The Vita is dying and most of the crap the Vita got in the past will switch to the Switch. So in the end you get Vitaesque shit, indie shit and Nintendo shit. If you are into those a Switch will be great. If you want anything else though the Switch is a bad choice.

No one seriously expected 3rd party support who bought the Switch.

>They are all waiting to see if the thing sells or flops like the Wii U
That's why I believe the Switch might suffer a shit start or flop like the Wii U. all these fucking publishers won't take risks. It's like they aren't even aware that they're inadvertently screwing up nintendo's sales by waiting.

>All major publishers hold out on pumping out ports
>Since they all are basically stepping back, sales suffer since they weren't doing anything essentially
>Switch 1 year later and only has 1st-party games and only 2 or 3 notable 3rd-party publishers.
>Major publishers are still holding out and waiting for the other publisher to make their move on porting more games.
>sales are shit because the lack of 3rd-party games.
>"welp, the Switch isn't viable. so no ports from our company!"

1. Minor Disappointment, would get on PC anyway
2. Literally who cares
3. >Rockstar games on Nintendo
4. Literally who cares
5. Literally who cares
6. Literally who cares
7. Literally who cares
8. Literally who cares
9. Literally who is surprised
10. Literally who cares
11. Literally who cares
12. Literally who cares
13. Literally who cares
14. Literally who cares
15. Literally who cares
16. Literally who cares when you can play it on practically everything else
17. Literally who cares

Wow OP look at all this steaming garbage nobody even wants NOW let alone having to buy it on an entirely new system. More like NitenDOOMED amirite?

>The Vita is dying and most of the crap the Vita got in the past will switch to the Switch.

Everybody always says this but they fail to take into account the fanbases. I'd be surprised if any Vita-stemming game would sell well outside of a Vita successor since apparently even GR2 flopped, and many are anticipating ToCS3 to flop too.

This thread again.

All those games are too hardware taxing for the Switch to run.

You can't gimp then enough to run on Switch, besides maybe South Park.

Less taxing 3rd party titles will come to the Switch.

Also the fact it WILL 100% BE THE 3DS SUCCESSOR means it'll get exclusive JRPGs which is all that matters.

It's the same death cycle we saw with the WiiU.

>devs waiting if its good or bad so no games, no games because devs are waiting if its good or bad

So the Switch is confirmed dead since nobody wiill make a game for it outside of Nintendo?

>Buying Switch this summer
>With Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8D, Disgaea 5 Complete
>KEK PORTS
Zelda: Why would I buy a PiiU? Plus I can play ir port ably(Inb4 3 hours isn't enough I need 20+ hours like muh old GBC)

Splatoon 2: New game

Mario Kart: Lots of new exclusive content

Disgaea: About the same price as the PS4 version with all DLC, and portable.

Unity for Switch is soon being released, and the devkit is rumored to be very cheap.
3DS and Wii U Unity versions were released earlier this year. A bit late to save them I suppose, but I have no doubt Switch will drown in shitty Unity indie projects.

Assuming they go through with dropping the 3ds it will get those games, which would mean pokemon, mario, and zelda on a single system. Probably won't do as extremely well as they hope, though.

>It's like they aren't even aware that they're inadvertently screwing up nintendo's sales by waiting.
They don't really give a shit. Say they don't release a game on the Switch but put it on PS4/Xbone/PC, at this point in the cylce everyone has at least one of those. If someone wants that game they WILL still buy it, just elsewhere. Switch or not.

Also, they lose nothing by waiting. Release game, Switch flops, game flops with it. Don't release game, Switch flops, nothing is lost.

>Unity for Switch
It's in all platforms but most indie devs will not bother with console ports because devkits while cheap is still not free compared to PC. The rumor that there will be no ports for 6 months is not helping the Switch one bit.

I hope the 3DS gets phased out. That shit was terrible due to hardware. Literally every game on the 3DS would have been better on any other modern system, including the Wii U and Vita.

I hope the EO survives though.

That was a dumb post, user.

If you say so fanboy.

When will you stop making this thread?

Indies are embracing the Switch though, so the 3rd party support will come mostly from that the first year.

I find it so odd that there are so many indie games only coming out physically on the Switch too, makes me think Nintendo struck a deal with indies.

>fanboy
Last Nintendo console I enjoyed was the NDS.
Last I owned was the Wii (which I hate).

Suck a dick, mongoloid.

This, I can't wait the 240p meme machien to die.

I just want games where you can at least use non chibi characters and make out facial details.

240p makes that impossible.

>Indies are embracing the Switch though

Multi-plats of old indies literally won't do anything.

>Binding of Issac a fucking nearly 10 year old game sold over a quarter of a million last week
I dunno about that. Nintendo thirst is a real thing.

What did scalpers mean by
>priced to sell fast
when it's clearly overpriced

240p a shit but I'll miss the dual screens, they were actually a really good idea.

Most that are coming out are already established/popular in other platforms and/or was already out for at least >1 year. Physical releases does not mean much except they have some direct agreement with Nintendo.

And the rumor that Nintendo will not accept ports in their system for

Wasn't that Afterbirth and not the base?

Very few games benefited from it.

I'd rather 1 large high red screen than 2 lower res ones.

You can have a minimap in the corner and the higher res allows more detail on everything else.

As for bottom screen menus, some were worth it and some weren't.

Pokemon in HD is gonna blow me away, I can feel it.

Also HD Monster Hunter, I'm so fucking hyped.

Don't forget SMT Mainline finally going HD too.

It's all gonna be so beautiful.

You're a fucking retard through and through.

Here, have a read:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag

You first.

The screens being so low res wasn't because there were two of them though, it was the 3d. Also I liked the second screen basically taking the function of a hud so that the top that had most of the gameplay didn't have a bunch of overlays.

The console with the most weebshit has consistently been the successful one.

The Vita wasn't successful though.

Western third party will never going properly support Nintendo because they never get on their paycheck list like microsoft or sony.

Now Japanese third party is pretty much on a corner. Either stay on 3ds/vita or make a switch.

If Nintendo didn't fucked up with something E3 is going be a wild ride.

>Either stay on 3ds/vita or make a switch

From what news I've been hearing, they're staying on the Vita with Western indie devs doing multiplats

Snipperclips was only published by Nintendo not developed

Funny you ask...
youtu.be/fphtNeHKwGo

>Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together![a] is a puzzle game developed by SFB Games and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch, which released worldwide on March 3, 2017.[1] The game makes use of a snipping mechanic to allow players to cooperate and solve shape and physics-based puzzles.

Okay that was pretty tricky.

>1-2 switch
I'm laffing. Shits a tech demo at best

It's a zero-sum game, sadly. If your console is successful you might sell 10 games per console on average. If Nintendo takes up 5 of those it's going to get very crowded competing for the rest. By their very business model third parties are never going to be happy on a Nintendo console.

Why did you even bother making this thread? Are you autistic?

Might not be applicable to Snipperclips but some publishers wholly/partly fund devs/other companies so they can make a game for them but keeping that agreement a secret.

There are some Nintendo first party games that was made by a third party and you will have to dig deep to know what these games are and the company that made them.

Dang I just realized that these 4 companies are the only real support, and the fact that it doesn't even need more is amusing.

Why is this thread posted every 3 hours? Is this a bot spamming shit?

Culdcept revolt was a third party game, but Nintendo published on Japan.

NIS is publishing on the rest of the world with Nintendo agreement. I guess that they threw some bux on development and decided to publish.

Good for them because getting Nintendo as Publisher is a hell of blessing.

I'm a bit disappointed in this. Switch has been only getting shit shovelware that Literelly nobody asked for and overpriced at that.

>I'm a bit disappointed in this.

naw, you're not. You're a Sony shill.

fuck off and die.

>"Switch only has 1 game!"
Kek, leave it to Sonyfags to take something someone else uses and make it their own.

Don't say you're disappointed or the drones will screech at you

>go the way of the Wii U?
Even the Wii U had better 3rd party support

3rd party devs aren't abandoning the Switch, they were never on board to begin with

It has nintendo 1st parties, its most likely gonna have rhythm heaven, and its most likely gonna have ace attorney. Thats wht I bought it. Anything else is just extra for me.

Every console gets this kind of treatment at launch.

This an one year old chart when devkits where barely starting to get handed.

Who the hell let these autistic easily triggered toddlers in?
Too late. Is fact what i just said. We are getting a bunch of useless shovelware

>dev kits cost on the Switch
nintendotoday.com/nintendo-switch-dev-kit-price/

>Switch has 3% dev support from around 6000 devs surveyed
>Vita has 2%
>3DS has 1%

>GDC

Oh boy...

>2017
>one year old

who cares, it's literally a Mario and Zelda machine.

>wii
>apple watch

I feel bad for Disgaea 5 if it sold badly. I think it was stupid to put it up against zelda though. Here's to hoping it will pick up in the west so NIS won't give up on us. As for DQH? I had hope but it's an awful port job SO oh well. Hopefully SEs other projects will do well.

I am setsuna flopped pretty badly too but the game is mediocre anyway

> PC - 53 %
> PS4 Pro - 27%

Holy kek

D5 also sold bad on original release.