Subnautica

Are you ready to be devoured whole by giant monsters no matter where you go in the ocean?

One of them is friendly, at least, and she'll telepathically guide you through helping her hatch her eggs and save the world from the Carar.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vfBpZGieTUQ&t=16s
youtube.com/watch?v=PIHcljNT9cU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, at least they are all pretty big, easy to see, and avoid.
Reaper Leviathan kind of looks like a chump now though, remember when he was the biggest bad?

Why play video games about the ocean when I can just actually throw myself in that wet stuff

>easy to see

In their habitats they can be difficult to see, especially the Reaper since he doesn't have any bioluminescence.

>remember when he was the biggest bad?

For many months he was king. But now he's only the fourth-largest creature (fifth if the Phantom Leviathan is scaled up to be larger than him).

Because if you drown in the game you don't drown for real.

Reaper can be hard to see, but I haven't had an issue with the others. The Sea Dragon especially is so noisy that you can easy tell when he is nearby.
Haven't interacted with the phantom one though, as he is too new.

Phantom isn't in the game just yet, they're rigging it right now. I can't wait to see how he looks in the game and moving around, and to hear what sounds they'll make for it.

I would love if he hides under the gasses in the Lost River. It would be creepy as fuck to hear something and see some faint bioluminescence moving under it.

I don't think there are any brine pools/streams that are large and deep enough for it to completely hide in, but dipping down into the brine would be cool.

From what I've read the devs are using the Reaper's skeleton and AI with some modifications for the Phantom in order to save time and ensure it gets in. Hopefully they'll also slow it down a bit so it glides serenely through the water instead of undulating frantically like the Reaper.

Didn't they say they were gonna use him to prevent people from going outside the map boundaries?
>Swim past the map into the abyss
>See a single luminescent speck in the distance
>It slowly gets closer, and bigger
>yfw

They're going to use all the big dangerous creatures for the Void: Crabsquids, Reapers, Sea Dragons. Making a creature solely for the Void would be retarded.

And since the Cyclops will soon be getting its updates where it can be damaged and destroyed, the Void will be a very dangerous place.

Hey user, there's a beautiful fish over there, why don't you swim towards it?

>And since the Cyclops will soon be getting its updates where it can be damaged and destroyed, the Void will be a very dangerous place.
Aww shit, they're finally changing the Cyclops? They better add some form of self-defense for the thing at least.

It will have an energy shield for protection.

youtube.com/watch?v=vfBpZGieTUQ&t=16s

Forgive the yapping twat, but it shows what's coming for the Cyclops. Several speeds, shield, hull strength, various states of smoke, and it exploding when it takes too much damage.

I've been playing this game in VR

everytime my guy starts gasping for air it fucks me up

Harppon gun when

You have a propulsion cannon that fires exploding fish, what do you need a harpoon for.

Wait, they added story elements to the game now?

Not everything, but there's a ton of story and flavor elements in right now. The latest stable build, the Infected Update, added a bunch of stuff to the lore and story.

The patterns of light cast onto the sand by the surface of the water in the safe shallows look so fucking entrancing in VR

I'm thinking of getting this game next time there's a sale. Is it worth it?

Yes. But hold off on playing it until 1.0 launches.

You will want to buy it beforehand to get your Cutefish pet, though.

Cutefish pet?
They added pets?

youtube.com/watch?v=PIHcljNT9cU

It was originally going to be the Crashfish, but people said it was too cute so they made it a pet and made the Crashfish that's in now.

Why is the sense of scale so off in this game?

>I just moved my main base to the Lost River tree

>It is your primary directive to swim closer to that beautiful creature

It's the first-person aspect.

>my base is on the side of the Tree Cove leading to the ILZ where some thermal vents sit
>have my living room facing the tree with windows all around and a desk and chair in the very front with potted plants on either side so I can sit and watch the Ghost Rays swimming around

So relaxing.