Considering we'll not be getting more Souls games in the future it's fair to assume that next week we'll be getting the...

Considering we'll not be getting more Souls games in the future it's fair to assume that next week we'll be getting the absolute last piece of Souls content ever. How do you feel about it Sup Forums? Was it a good enough series for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/
youtube.com/watch?v=vMrGQ9J0lVs
egmnow.com/articles/news/egm-interview-dark-souls-director-hidetaka-miyazaki/
youtube.com/watch?v=BIi-zuwP9ms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes the best series in vidya.

>it ends in 3 days

Spent roughly 3.5K hours on soulsborne series so yes it was pretty good for me.
But FROM is right, they need to move on.

It was OK, repetitive after DeS and DaS, overhyped on Sup Forums and underhyped everywhere else

>million seller franchise
>dying after DLC became common practice
no son, except Dark souls 4 elder god shenanigans electric oogabooga

we can only pray to fromsoft to go back and finish dark souls 1

Dark souls 3 was disappointing for me because I played bloodborne before it. How did they go from some of the best boss design to the worst I don't get it.

Only if Bandai Namco find another dev, Miyazaki said From is going to move on

gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/

Their 3-game contract is already over and From is fully booked for Sony up to 2019 at least. There's no way they can squeeze a Dark Souls game in between that.

If this last DLC delivers, at least it won't end with a bitter after taste since at least From seems dedicated to improve things especially with the latest patch.

considering the success of Dark souls 2, Namco gives no fuck about keeping miyazaki on board if he refuses to make more souls.

Even if they wanted to, From is incapable of doing so. Fromsoftware doesnt exactly have extra manpower you know. They're a really small studio who's only other games of note was the failed Steel Battalion game for the Kinect last gen.

For the shit Sup Forums gives each Dark Souls, the franchise was really unique when it came in age of FPS and movie walking simulators.

Im sure we will be getting more a few more not-souls games like bloodborne, im just hoping for a futuristic souls game.

im thinking of buying DaS. ive gotten the dark soul achiev. for both DaS2 and 3 and is it worth the effort of modding and time commitment to go for the achiev. in DaS

Fpbp

;_;7

That cut with a completely destroyed world full of ash is probably straight from the final boss battle.
And it looks cool as fuck.

Bloodborne maybe, but as for souls-like games I don't think so. Maybe aside from future Nioh sequels, the west has completely surrendered in trying to copy it and instead just focus now on more crpgs.

Still, I want my Dark Souls set in Mesoamerica.

>Im sure we will be getting more a few more not-souls games like bloodborne

Nope, see

>the west has completely surrendered in trying to copy it

The Surge is coming out in May.

Lost all my save data when my hard drive got nuked. Now I have to get to NG+, because I refuse to easymode on NG.

That the scifi souls I'm hearing about?

2 and 3 were a mistake.

And I like 3.

Sort of, as of now it looks pretty generic though

youtube.com/watch?v=vMrGQ9J0lVs

But 2 is clearly the best in the series.

Dark Souls might be over but the clones just started to come out. Nioh is good with a lot of room for improvements. Downside is we are gonna have to wait a while for them to come out because only the Japanese can make. We all say what happened when the west attempted to do a Souls clone.

>From moves on from Souls
>Try's new IPs
>They fail and the autistic screeching fanbase demands more le epic Souls
>Shitty Souls youtubers die out because they can't spout baseless conjecture about "lore"
>From either dies as a developer or turns into a one game developer like Infinity Ward
Lmao, really excited to see what happens after this, bonus points if it turns out to be awful.

I wanna know how people equated
>No more Dark Souls games
to
>No more souls games.
They're still going to make that style of game, just nothing more from From with "Dark Souls" as the title.

im glad theyre finally letting the DaS series die, next im hoping for a a demons souls remaster/sequel or techno souls

Yeah, but I'm sure it's going to take a while. Maybe 2021. Remember Miyazaki said that the Armored Core game takes top priority now and they still have that "weird game" he's talking about. The man has been making souls games since 2009. He needs the rest from this genre.

>I'm glad they're letting the series die, I'm hoping for the exact same thing again but with a different name and coat of paint

Read the thread nigger, here

bloodborne was very different from the usual souls, so i wouldnt mind if they did something innovative like that again

Dark Souls already outstayed its welcome by two games.

If anything it's fortunate it is over so From can do more games like Bloodborne

Another sony-nigger trying to shit up the thread. Get cancer faggot. DaS3 bosses are better than BB bosses.

>Dark Souls outstayed its welcome
>Fortunately From can now make more Dark Souls but slightly faster

and you'll never fucking ever play them PC cuck

only on ps4

i loved bloodborne but all the bosses were either
>big furry monster
>ayy lmao
>ai pvp fight

TY Jesus. Lets not kid ourselves. The first one was great. The second one was OK. The third one....was a cash grab.

The fans and the devs need to move on. Looks like the devs are ready to at least.

Random question but does anyone else feel kinda ill after doing a particularly tough boss fight?

I just beat Friede after several tries and I think I got feverish.

I agree but it was still a pretty decent cashgrab, way better tha DaS2 at least

The devs were always ready, but that signed contract is something fierce.

>PC cuck

I would disagree but thats just me. I got around 200hrs out of the first two before I was done.

I couldnt even do a NG+ playthrough of DS3.

I feel like they need to move on, but I would be open to the idea of another Souls game later on, I think working on another project would give them more time to gather ideas for a new souls game in the progress.

>bloodborne was very different from the usual souls
The mind of a Fromdrone at work. BB was at best derivative of DeS and DaS, quit acting like it was something revolutionary

>The second one was OK. The third one....was a cash grab.
DaSII was a shameless cash grab and the only genuinely bad game in the series.

>way better than ds2

nah

>skinny white boi

says all you need to know about Sony ponies

>DaS2 is bad

stop this meme

as opposed to
>fat nigger
>fat asian
>fat shitskin of anyking
Skinny white> anything and everything else. KYS

its a mediocre game on its own but terrible compared to the rest of the series, basically the DmC of Souls

Good backpedaling, I've gone from a PC cuck to a sonybro.

From is a shit developer and that's all there is to it. They know how to make one game. Bloodborne is marginally different from Souls and I'm sick of faggots saying retarded nonsense like "I'm glad Souls is dead so games like BB can happen now"

It's the SAME shit. Also I'm not that skinny.

>forgetting that half ds1 was so terrible that from soft publically apologized for it
KYS nostalgia fag.

>racist white kid on Sup Forums

color me shocked

that wass more like a fourth and the rest of the game is more than fantastic enough to make up for it
also what did from say about it i never saw that

>Was it a good enough series for you?
Yes, it was great. Let it just end. It's the best thing to do, while it's still good.

>1/4 of a game being objectively awful
>"BUT THE REST IS GOOD!!"

nah, you're caught up in it.

DSII has some painful moments, but it will never be as garbage as Lost Izelith

>fully booked for Sony

You wish
From is owned by Kadokawa, all their future games will be multi plat

There probably will be a Bloodborne 2 though, by Japan Studio

Go back to Sup Forums kid, and stay there.

>kid
>this much projection
nice try hn
>fantastic enough to make up for it
>what is blight town

egmnow.com/articles/news/egm-interview-dark-souls-director-hidetaka-miyazaki/

I had a good time with it, though I wish it ended on a good note and not the terminally disappointing note that will forever be DSIII.

>implying the entirety of DaS2 isnt objectivelly irrefutably actually factually worse than the most terrible parts of DaS1
all DaS2 apologists should just off themselves

>what is blight town
an entirely skippable area except for the fantastic boss

>goes on Sup Forums
>gets triggered this easily by racism
Do you even know what website you are browsing? Fuck off newfag Sup Forums has always been racist as fuck. Gook moot is probably one of the most racist people i know.

From's next title will be a multiplat.

youtube.com/watch?v=BIi-zuwP9ms

>skippable
>blight town
>skippable
>iv never played the game: the post
No you need to go down into blight town to kill the Chaos witch Quelag and ring the bell.

King's Field VR

ever heard of the master key retard? you can skip 90% of the area if you want

I don't think you know what projecting is, but I'm glad you tried to use it as a defense

>I used a guide my first time through and didnt actually play through blind as intended
And besides, 90% skipped isn't completely skippable so you're still wrong

>One of the easiest bosses in the game with not one attack that can reliably hit you
>Fantastic

>the final boss of the souls series is literally an Artorias rehash (sword man who goes to fight the abyss despite knowing he will likely succumb to it)
>FROM drones will defend this

Well this thread didn't last long.

Blighttown is a great area. Consoles ruined it with their shit graphics and performance.

>Experience the epic final chapter of a dark world that could only be created by the mind of Hidetaka Miyazaki.
YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

i said except for the final boss, didnt see the need to specify the 50 yard walk to her

you mad

Do people still play SOTFS on ps4? I've made 10 different builds in 3 but none have been as satisfying as my dual-wielding Heide Greatlance build.

Except he isn't. You're thinking of the dragon, Darkeater Midir. Gael consumes the Dark Soul because the Painter Lady needs its fresh blood as pigment to paint a new world without corruption.

>VR meme
Ah fucking hell. Shit game incoming, guess we just have to wait for the game after that.

There's literally nothing wrong with being racist.

That boss leak was total bullshit, the guy got the demon bat right by pure coincidence, these are the bosses in the DLC, Darkeater Midir is the dragon.

>gets triggered by racism on Sup Forums
>tells people to leave their safe space
>gets called out for being a cry baby
>y-y-y-y-ou mad

I'm fucking glad. I loved this series and no I'm not one of those "PC gamers ruined everything" people but Demon's Souls was fresh, Dark Souls was a perfect sequel. DS2 was shit, Bloodborne was ok but more of the same desu and DS3 was just embarrasing in terms of difficulty and fan service.

the green/yellow piss filter dark souls 3 has really pisses me off

its in like 80% of all the locations in the game too

>you can skip 90% of the area if you want
You still have to go into the area so your statement that it was skippable is objectively false. Not to mention the fact that the vast majority of people arent going to get the master key and know specifically which door to use it on. Anyone who did get it most likely used it on the door to get down to Havel because thats the first door you come upon the master key can open.

>being this mad

the door is literally right below firelink, anyone with half a brain could find it and follow the path

>last piece of Souls content ever
From Miyazaki***

The series producer says he wants to make a Dark Souls project that is played in VR months ago.

I want sci fi souls. Bloodborne was way better than DaS3.

Was Dark Souls was the last game that felt "special"?

>anyone with half a brain could find it and follow the path
Why would you instead of going the more logical route? And anyway, for all you know you might need something from Blighttown

>Only other game of note
Armored Core faggot

Ornstein armor will get the plum. I can finally rest in peace

You mean they updated the armor in the game?

wait, this is the last DLC?, so after all the bullshit we didnt get to kill those fucking primordial snakes?

yes with the last patch

Almost 6 years too late. Who cares?