HURR PEOPLE ACTUALLY BOUGHT A GAME BECAUSE OF THE FEMALE ON THE BOX

>HURR PEOPLE ACTUALLY BOUGHT A GAME BECAUSE OF THE FEMALE ON THE BOX

No I'm pretty sure it's because of the robotic fucking dinosaur

I think it's because Sonygers are starving for games. Clearly it's not for the females.

Gas the kikes

Race war now

Make vidya great again

>I only buy games for real reasons, like epic badass robot dinosaurs of badassery

Horizon looks fucking stupid

Not so sure about that

It was actually because of the $100m marketing campaign.

You done?

>ROBOT DINOSAURS XD

Talk about a broken record.

>oilly face
yeah no, fuck off.

>$100m
Then why wasn't it even close to Uncharted 4 levels of promotion then?

rethink it please

This more your speed?

Sounds like Uncharted 4 got even more advertising.

The whole argument that female on cover lowers sales is retarded and just proves how retarded most marketing divisions are. Give us a proper female lead and nobody will give a shit. Make the game good and people will buy it regardless of protagonist.

AYYYY LMAO

Nah it got less than that. It was the most Sony had ever invested in promotion budget for any game with Uncharted 4.

I've been playing it and think it's pretty fun. At least the gameplay. The story and the characters are hot garbage. Game gets rather hamfisted about how every woman is strong and independent and all the men in the world seem to be either crazy, stupid, or submissive to stronger women. Aloy is a pretty laid back character though in general so I can't hate her particularly too much.

So this then?

Slightly better, but...
>sunken eyes
>dumb face paint
>the nose
yeah no

Are they all chain smokers or something, why everyone have such fucked wrinkles around the eyes

>buying games
rent it from a redbox
why do you retards even bother?
>hurr durr i'm gonna wait 8 weeks till everyone's played it to pirate it!
or even worse
>I'm gonna spend $60 on a pile of shit!

Spent $3 and beat the game in a day. It was fun, and I payed about what it was worth.

I admit that Horizon really isn't a good game. People also highly praised Guerrilla's KZ:SF at launch and now consider it to be an objectively terrible game although the female protagonist will keep this from being viewed as such.

Having said that, as somebody who believes Nintendo has been without a horse in this race since the gamecube, it really bothers me to see the awful hardware switch get all this success because of Zelda. Yes I am jealous of Zelda and for that reason alone I continue to hype Horizon Zero Dawn since they are similar games that came out within days of each other. I know I'm not alone here. We need it to steal their thunder

You ever look at someone and you just KNOW they are boring during sex. Yeah, this bitch got that look. Boy, this is the engine that Kojima want's for Death Stranding.
Sweet jesus. Maybe NeoGAF is a better fit for you.

i am doing a pokemon romhack and i don't give a fuck about the story , can someone spoiled it for me?
Just finished the Tallneck Eclipse quest

almost there if it wasnt for the lazy eye

>um, racist and sexist much?

How can I be racist and sexist to lines of code?

Hey look! It's Down Syndrome Native American Barbie!

What's wrong with female protagonists desu?

>when she looks straight into the camera

STOP

Aloy is a clone of elizabet sobeck (which was obvious when the DNA shows 99.5% similarities in the intro to the game), "zero dawn" is the project elizabet made to preserve humanity when the robots won (they did). They eventually devoured all biological matter on earth, and shut down when they ran out of fuel (which is why there are huge machines just laying around), but they preserved seeds/human embryos/plants/information in zero dawn because it was a "new dawn after the world had been zeroed out." 300 years after the robots shut down the AI they put in control of zero dawn starts making humans in artificial wombs, and sending them out into the world, only it turns out there was sabotage and parts of the AI were corrupted (The ones containing information and history and stuff) so people are basically sent back to the stone ages.

Also the robots in existence in the game (tallnecks, grazers, the like, everything but deathbringers really) were created by the AI to assist in ways wildlife did in the past. Grazers pollenate flowers with the canisters on their backs (even though it's blaze... Whatever.), tallnecks are giraffes and clear canopies of brush and debris to allow living animals (the boars, sparrows, ravens, crows, pidgeons, etc) the ability to reside in them since they're not too thick. It also clears paths for things like broadheads to traverse and communicate the layout of the land/map back to tallnecks.

Anyway, you find out about zero dawn, then the shadow carja attack meridian and you defend it. HADES was activated by a mysterious force, and sylens captures and stores HADES in a container in the post-credits and says "now that we have some time, tell me about your masters" then it fades to black.

I just beat this last night. Really enjoyed it. Its not a goty contender for me (zelda than nioh so far) but man was it fun.

One gripe, the game tells you two or three times "this is the end if you do this" but the game carries everything over after you beat the main story for you.

Its almost trying to trick you into doing side stuff.

Really irritated me

you went backwards, try something like the previos one, it almost look as if head and body team worked separated and then glued it

The engine itself means shit. It's how you use it.

Christina Applegate (Kelly Bundy) is in this game?

It's because the first time it tells you, when you go to the first door, it's an exceptionally long period before you get back out to the open world, and you can miss a few sidequests if you don't take em before it, until after you beat the game and they open back up for whatever reason.

Same thing with the one before the end of the game.

>box cover
>in 2011
pretty sure it was the marketing trailer that sold it

Fucking hell. How can this be possible on PS4 hardware?

cheats cheats and more cheats
good lighting and highres textures > literally all else

ok i give it to you, you found one(1, uno, una, un) cute girl on the game, shame about the rendering makes the skin looks oily, but that's just the engine being shit

This game was such a fucking missed opportunity. And now all games that want to have robot dinosaurs and have the game actually be about the robot dinosaurs wont be able to happen because it would just be seen as a Horizon rip off.

Why the hell do almost every robots in this game look like some animal redisgned by Michael Bay ? Is there any robots that actuaally look cool in it ?

user, I pop'd into the thread to say you have the worst taste ever imaginable. I don't know what the other girls look like but that looks like shit with it's man-jaw and horseface.

Yes we get it OP

Every time Jim sterling makes a video he makes a stupid point

F I V E
I
V
E
HEAD

They're meant to replace animals. see they're not dinosaurs. They're supposed to be replacements for old world animals that went extinct.

I don't disagree with the idea of using redbox for games but beating a game like HZD in a day really feels pointless. Rushing through the main story line to beat the game quickly makes you lose a lot of the cool side areas.

I'll concede that a lot of the side quests felt derivative or just plain uninspired but the locations and combat scenarios they would put you in were very fun.

The father killed her

>rushing through the main story
I beat 60% of the game. Did all of the hunter's lodge quests (including getting full blazing suns), beat every bandit camp. The only things left were collecting vessels, vantages, and metal flowers. And that stuff was boring as sin, and not interesting at all. Most of the sidequests I didn't do were fetch quest tier errands too. "go kill 15 boars and get my ring back plz" get the fuck out of here with that.

Seems like most guys in this thread don't really like women at all. The nitpicks remind me of those gay guys that work in the modeling buisness.

good , she is a whore

So you played on Easy i take it?

Did you sleep?

very hard actually. I'm just not shit. No reason to use anything but a sharpshot bow after you start encountering corrupted enemies. a good 40% handling mod and damage mods will make you capable of tearing even corrupted thunderjaw armor off with a single arrow, not to mention loading 3 arrows lets you do a fuckshit ton of damage.

nah, 20 hours straight. It was fun though, I liked the game, despite the flaws it had which were mostly centered around the lack of content in the "open world". I really liked the story, it's just a shame you don't really experience it until the last few main story missions. Till then it's basically fumbling around with random savages.

what is this meme?
Game is EZ as fuck
>freeze grenades + iron arrows
The only complicate enemies are those little birds

So why are there robo dinosaurs in the first place? This whole universe is fucking weird as fuck

glinthawks are the easiest enemy in the game though. Two hardhead arrows on a shadow hunter bow aimed at their gut will explode it 100%, then when they're frozen they fall to the ground and you can go crush them with your spear, or just fire another arrow at them since frozen is a huge damage boost.

cliche shit. humans made robots, they went rogue. To save humanity, humanity made more robots with more AI (yeah, I know) but that AI was a good AI so it's okay. That AI- well, just read basically they were made to restore order to the world and scout things out to report back to a larger centralized hivemind. They were gonna be shut down at some point, but that part of the AI got all fuckered up when one guy turned off most of the features of it.

yeah but still , try to aim with a fucking controller

I could just buy a Zoids game.
Because I play as the giant Dino-bot

that's why you have the aim assist, and slowdown though. If you have the part you're trying to hit in your crosshair, arrows will gently move towards the vulnerable part of a bot in the crosshair. The main issue on glinthawks is if you're aiming too high you hit the gullet which just takes extra impact damage, versus the freeze sac. Aim a bit lower.

>beating horizon in one day
I just find it hard to believe you did all that in such a short amount of time.

Everywhere you check on the internet you can see that even the main story takes a bunch of time to complete. Not to mention doing 60% of total progression.

Their faces look tired.

And the player is part of some brown tribe to fight them? I would be rooting for the robots to remove that human trash once and for all

not him but its possible
bet he lost a lot of secondaries tho

Lack of content? Every camp had sidemission quest chains and there were robots to fight everywhere.

Lack of content is seriously the last thing i would think of when it comes to this game.

Also 20 hours straight? Don't you know savouring your meal is better than deep throating everything?

Can Sup Forumsacks just columbian necktie themselves already?

>see game on amazon for 30 bucks
>order it cause never been scammed on amazon and good price
>get hype waiting for it to come in
>realize I got scammed and got my money back
>wind up buying it for full price because of excitement

>don't regret buying it for full price

20 hours is hardly a short time.

I didn't call it a short game anyway, nor did I call it easy. But if you want my real opinion, the game is barren as fuck with a handful of meaningful sidequests and objectives (hunters lodge is boring as fuck since it's fetch quest garbage until you get 4-5 missions in, then it's just killing special variations of normal big robots, but I still enjoyed it because I got to fight harder robots), I got all the tallnecks (because that takes maybe ~20 minutes thanks to fast travel), full blazing suns (mostly first try with the exclusion of the overriding ravagers one, fuck that was annoying to get them to actually attack the thunderjaw), all of the vessels/flowers/vantages in nora territory (before I realized they were all pretty much the same thing).

The only notable sidequests (as in, not errands) I missed out on were the power cell stuff (which is just a fetch quest anyway, I got two of them, then found out I needed 5, fuck that), and clearing out corrupted zones because it was a pain to travel back and forth with the pretty long loading times.

they had errand quest chains, in which you're told to go out and collect lenses, hearts, etc, or kill X of a bot. Which is just MMO tier. That's not fun content, or worthwhile. proper sidequests were great though, I regret not getting more of them done, for sure. I got the oseram betrayal one done though, that was a great side quest. I'd argue better than the latter half of the game's main story missions which were just "here's a big ass room, kill everyone and get more exposition". You could even stealth through it, then you had to deal with the chained up machines though.

Then again, that was also labeled a main quest since it affects erend being there in the end of the game to help you. Woops.

Did you get to try this?

robot dinosaurs is what they used to sell this game in marketing. then it was a bait and switch since the actual game has little to do with them.

The entire draw of the game is the world of robotic dinosaurs

Im not the guy you quoted, but i finished the main story on normal at ~39% and it took me 19 1/2 hours over three days according to the save.

Theoretically dude couldve put it on easy and done it in a day.

This is what i was thinking. But like 20~ hours is quite a long campaign i think.

Why not make cool looking multi tasking robot then ? The corruptor (the black one with one eye I think) look nice, why not make something like those instead of boring old animal. Also, what's the point of giving them fucking guns.

>I think it's because Sonygers are starving for games.

Nigga... that same month we had Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Toukiden 2 and a few more I can't remember on top of my head.

We get so many games that every nintenyeardrone is jelly as fuck.

"So many games i cant think of any besides a shitty portable sequel and a shitty prequel."

Sony fans really are a meme.

>came for the cool looking combat and robots
>stayed for what is probably one of the coolest "human extinction" storylines that I have experienced in recent years

Took me totally by surprise. I mean there was obviously going to be some kind of extinction event but its cause and how in depth and well thought out its "solution" was was really fucking engaging. I definately didnt go into this game thinking that I would get some great lore and setting building but I did.

Cant wait for the next one now.

They all work exposed to the elements and this character in particular works a force all day.

Shit would take a toll on your complexion.

Source or youre talking out of your ass.

Nice attempt to shitpost but you are off on a number of points.

The FARO robots were not controlled by AI. They acted in accordance to their programming which was:
1. Spread out
2. Create replicants
3. Comsume biomass to create replicants

You throw the word "clice" around but I cant recall any other game (or other fictional plot in any other medium) that deals with wiping out the Biosphere and Hydrosphere as the end game of the apocalypse.

What would have been "cliche" would have been a "HUMANITY TRIUMPS THROUGH ADVERSITY FUCK YEAAAAR!" and fights back and beats the machines. In this game humanity acknowledges that it is beyond completely fucked; throws its remaining citizens at slowing down the apocalypse for a matter of weeks whilst a system that would only come into effect centuries after humanity had died was being completed.

GAIA was humanities ultimate expression of helplessness before an all consuming force. It is a consolation prize.

because it's a video game and they probably didn't think that far ahead, frankly.

As for why they aren't multifunctional, they were. some like watchers were with any group of machines in the game interchangably. things like ravagers were originally meant to accompany other machines, but somewhere along development that was obviously scrapped. You can still see signs of it in lots of broadhead camps though. And when you get to charger camps there's only like 1 or 2 per pack, obviously there were meant to be more machines with them.

incorrect. that line of dialogue was referring to storing and reproducing actual animals (there's a text file about taking frozen zygotes from a zoo). the robots are meant to defend the courier robots that bring the supplies to the places that make more robots (the predators defend the couriers in a self-sustaining network like they wanted Gaia to be). That would be the stupidest fucking thing to make dino robots to replace living creatures

It's cliche because "ROBOTS GOT SENTIENCE WOAH" that's been in every sci-fi thing involving robots since the 1980s.

i bought it for both :3

that's not what they were programmed to do initially. they wouldn't "spread out", they were peacekeepers (cops don't run around all over the US, they stay in their designated zones) with no reason to self-replicate unless one of them is destroyed. the bug made them go out of control which leaded to creating more of themselves and consuming everything. From the final boss you can see that they require almost nothing to fuel themselves so there wouldn't be a point in over-consuming.

I don't play games where you're forced to play as a girl.

They didnt get sentience you dumb cunt.

There was a bug in their system which caused them to act out their programming to its logical end point.

Horizon Zero Dawn has bad graphics. It does not even look as good as Crysis 1.

That's literally what game design is user. Welcome to the basics of game design

is this fucking real?
im pretty sure you could render this fucking bird model in a ps1