Vampyr

This is one of the most ambitious games for 2017. So, let's have a thread about it. Reply your thoughts and expectations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2ypMBqm5EhI
vampyr-game.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you're going to shill, at least give some information.

2016 Demo Gameplay:
youtu.be/2ypMBqm5EhI

Official website:
vampyr-game.com/

>literal shovelware trash
>most ambitious game in a year of great games
LOL

I mean it looks cool but could they have made the main character look any more of an asshole? Doesn't seem like it. Only thing stopping me from being interested in it.

Did you see the actual gameplay?

It's such garbage omfg

Looks weak.

Gameplay looks pretty generic IMO, what makes this game stand out?

I guess it'll probably maybe be better than that last Vampire:The Masquerade game?

>cant even talk about new games anymore without some retard calling it shilling

Why is the person playing this playing as agonizingly slow as possible? The game looks alright I guess, but fuck, watching that footage makes me want to not buy it it was so frustrating to watch.

>takes a step
>stops
>taks 2 steps
>looks around
>takes a step
>teleports
>turns around
>looks some more

from the looks/sounds of it its going to be an atmospheric horror-type game. The setting and music do seem cool, if it has a decent story it might be worth playing through once even if the gameplay is shallow

It's always like that in demo. Dev walk slowly to showcase their graphic, animation, and to make it more atmospheric. It's possible only with a controller such smooth movements.

>Why is the person playing this playing as agonizingly slow as possible?
He's playing like everyone normal should play games. He's actually looking at the environments around him, not ignoring all the hard work that gets put into making the setting seem more real. To be fair the streets look really cool, I like the dim lighting of the lanterns.

I just don't like the main character's design. Wish they went with more of a Lugosi or Christopher Lee look. He's too rat faced and looks like a cokehead.

>From the creators of Life is Tumblr
>And Remember Me(?)

Lol, dropped

I wish more games had vampires and werewolves in them, but not like this. A playable werewolf with a transformation in real time would be great, especially in a game based around it. If it were done well.

You look at the environment for a few seconds at the beginning, but every fucking camera turn doesn't have to be that slow. And once you've seen the formula in games before, you realize just picking shit up quickly makes much more sense than going "oh look, a piece of leather. hmmmm do I need that?" for every fucking thing. Just fucking pick it up when you see the icon, who cares, you're going to collect everything anyways. 99.9% of it is irrelevant early level filler shit that every game with an inventory has, and you're probably just going to either vendor or delete later on anyways. I also doubt this is an inventory management, survival-type game, but even still you can always delete shit later.

I also don't know anything that plays video games that pans the camera before moving like that. I find it really hard to judge a game when I watch footage of someone playing like that, because no, no normal person plays video games like that

>that blur
>muh cinematic experience
Let me guess - 4 hour long and 0 replay value. Hmmm, what does this remind me of?

You're completely retarded.
The Order is an action game.
Vampyr is a RPG.

>If there is unaatural and weird wording in the OP like "Reply your thoughts and expectations"I'm going to assume it's shilling.

>atmospheric horror-type game
This is the newest trend to hit gaming. Vampyr, Agony, Scorn, RE#sequel, it seems this is the latest money dump devs and publishers are pushing. Slow, boring, muh atmospheric cinema games that no one will replay and few will buy to begin wiht.

leave
that shit belongs on tumblr and pic related

Holy LOL.
It is an easy Soul's game and 4 hours at best.
The Order 2:Vampyr incoming.

>smooth movements
The graphics and animation sucked in that clip.

It's developer footage, they are going to stretch it out as much as possible.

But you really should, you know, soak in the environment a bit with every game you play. Especially a game like this, which is more story driven. I might not pan that slowly when I play but I certainly spend time looking at smaller details of more or less any new location when I play.

They're horror games, not everything needs to be a weeb hack n slash.

Look at the autism on this kid. Are you like 12? Never heard of the adventure, RPG, or horror genres before?

Did you just call The Order an easy Soul's game?

>overhype for an alright game
>shortly before release, some dumb “political controversy“ because sjw shit and conservatives overreacting in return
>the public loves the game and Sup Forums hates it

Hey i guess this won't happen with this game because it never happens with other games either

I'm still mad about the Order. Great werewolf transformations and interesting motivations for the main villain. It should have had better gameplay and a chance to play as a werewolf.

Fighting the war in a large multiplayer, human vs werewolf would have been interesting to me. But maybe that was too much to hope for.

How is it ambitious? Plenty of games gave you "dark" powers before.

Great, Another shill thread.

>cant even talk about new games anymore without some retard calling it shilling
>Starts with "This is one of the most ambitious games for 2017"

You blew it. Better luck next day.

fuckoff
nobody wants games from that fuckin company

No. It's like a mix of them.