They really wanted people to self insert as the protagonist in this game huh...

They really wanted people to self insert as the protagonist in this game huh? Is it like this if you pick the female character?

UMU

Yes. Dialogue is pretty much the same if you pick either one.

Nasu stopped writing real protagonists after Mahoyo bombed.

I still want to buy this game, but I know Amazon/Newegg will drop it down to $15 a week later.

>They really wanted people to self insert as the protagonist in this game huh?

Way to go Sherlock, you figured out the basic premise of all of these games ever.

Nero's art pisses me off because the poofy part of her sleeve aligns with the shape of her tiddy in such a way that it always makes me think she's wearing a horribly misaligned coat.

That's not true you aren't supposed so self insert in most games you fags just can't help it.

Das real gay

>decide to try out Fire Emblem Heroes
>all the characters fawn over you and suck your dick for every minor victory
Otaku must have some serious self-esteem issues.

I just don't understand self inserting

I'd insert myself in her if you know what I mean.

With mobage, it's more slimy. It's all part of the loop to make you feel good, and pay money.

All the characters are nice, and have easy to understand and digest quirks, so you want to pay money and get them. You'll rarely see a character who's just a straight up unapologetic asshole, because who would want to roll on that?

Yeah, I started seeing through the bullshit pretty quick. Nobody felt like actual characters, just mindless talking heads trying to stroke your ego.

This Nero is canonically bisexual. Fate franchise is a mess but a funny one.

From time to time it okay having games like that.
Tough it gets tiring rather fast.

A lot of anime games and games in general do this. Even critically acclaimed things do this. Persona 4 is the most guilty of this, even in it's franchise

I have no doubt a mobage where the gimmick of 90% of the characters not liking you would actually do well.

people with 0 motivation, personality or goals (tl dr: neets) will project themselves in imaginary characters, meaning whatever the imaginary character he self-inserted in achieves, it will count as own achievement

that's why NTR (although poor fetish for other reasons) disgust to these people, because they instantly self-insert as the POV character and feel everything that character feels as his own feelings

they have surrender in real life, so their only refuge are imaginary worlds, which books, videogames and anime can recreate with very high detail, especially the last two

How about a game where the characters are nuanced and have complex motivations and personalities?

>Is it like this if you pick the female character?

If you played Fate/Extra, Nero proudly stats that she loves beautiful people regardless of gender. Nero is bi.

For a mobile game? Seems like a wasted

Yes how convenient, now they don't even have to change the dialog for different genders.

The thing is, that would naturally just devolve into a tsundere shtick.

The way these guys are designed is to have every character, pretty much no matter the circumstance, be easy to understand, and have a quirk in them that makes them likable.

Nope, I'm saying the gimmick is that they genuinely do not like you or treat you well and at no point does it change.
It can range from simply not caring about you to outright wanting to hurt you if given the chance.

Eh? I have all those things you listed, I like self inserting. If you choose responses in an RPG that correlate to your own views isn't that self inserting? I also play the game again completely differently choosing different options.

Self inserting is placing yourself in another world and reacting accordingly, it is escapism and I agree that overindulgence can have negative effects but it is still an interesting premise none the less.

In Extra CCC they do actually make fun of that, where a circumstance has you pretending to be dating some girl, regardless of if you play as the FeMC.

It was seriously bothering me how the portraits would often never match the actual model's facial expressions.

It's Marv they aren't the kings of character model's just look at Senran Kagura

In Extra there were a few comments if you played a girl, IIRC.
Tamamo doesn't give a shit either, she will still be your Perfect Wife and there's shit all you can do about it.

Holy shit she's so beautiful

Will Emiya still be my perfect Mr wife as a man in psp extra?
n-no homo

Hell if I know, I only went through the game once.

Wait until you see some of Altera's scenes.

i want to inseminate her breasts

I never played as a guy in extra, but I do know that using Archer as a guy in CCC means losing out on some scenes because it would have been pretty homo otherwise.

I only self insert in games that actually have good plot. And I do it in my head cuz it gives me more freedom.
Its weird but kinda fun sometimes.

Emiya has some extra dialogue with FemHakuno in both Extra and CCC. Shame he got shafted hard on Extella.

So, third grader syndrome? I think the japs had a word for it but I forgot. something with chyuni?

What is UMU from? The psp game? I don't recall her saying it in extella

Chuunibyou and it's eighth grader syndrome. Also chuunis tend to believe their bullshit in real life.

> I don't recall her saying it in extella

Nigger what. She says it all the fucking time.

She says it every other line in Extella.

Why did you make her cry? You piece of shit

Theres nothing to do with chuunibyo, cant you read?
I do it while playing, in my mind.

UMU is what Nero says with nearly every "Uh-huh" situation.

Honestly Extella is fucking terrible. All the Servants except Nero and Altera get sidelined and that retarded asspull at the end is just bad.

And the character designs are laser targeted at popular trends and memes within the otaku/NEET sphere of taste and interest. It's almost hard to tell mobile games apart nowadays cause most of them are designed so ultra safe and down the line of popular trends that they draw from the same pool of character designers, voice actors and just overall design theory. At least for me it definitely got really boring really fast and kind of took me out of anime culture.