Why is this game so fucking /comfy/? Is it just because of nostalgia? in my opinion...

why is this game so fucking /comfy/? Is it just because of nostalgia? in my opinion, the crashed ship is literally the most /comfy/ vidya area ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mziw3FQkZYg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is it just because of nostalgia?
No

I like to think its because most of the areas arent particularly overbearing. Plus scanning adds another element that I can tackle at my own pace, just taking some time off the path to scan shit is nice.

Did Metroid Prime 3 sell poorly, or was Other M's existence purely our of the creator being asspained that that people liked Retro's games?

I have to be honest here, as good as this game is the controls for the gamecube version are just too off-putting. The wii version is vastly superior but only in that regard.

Still prefer the gcn controls for this game senpai

I don't think the Trilogy version sold paticularly well, but from the interviews I've seen that Sakamoto led to a lot of fuck ups, and it doesn't help that TN was under Hayashi, rather than Itagaki at that point.

Still looking forward to seeing what Retro are doing, as it's been over two years since Tropical Freeze came out

There's some additional mechanical depth in the GC controls with stuff like ghetto jumps and L-lock spring jumps, but the Wii controls are much more comfy for casual play.

>Samus didn't have a personality until Other M!

>blacked

the fact metroid is dead to nintendo makes me realize how dead nintendo is.

>hostile alien plant with nearly every lifeform trying to kill you
>comfy

?

I got a classic Wii recently so I can play GCN games
is the GCN version the best? got a composite cable too so it'd look better

Prime Trilogy is great but is missing some detail from the GC titles

GCN versions have more sequence breaking tricks and some cool beam effects.
Wii versions have revamped controls, progressive scan + widescreen, bloom effects and a bunch of other tweaks.
Whichever is better is a matter of opinion.

>got a composite cable
I hope you meant component

yeah component, and thanks for the reply

A coherent world that didn't feel like it was contrived video game obstacle course + glorious music + cool visor HUD that commits to the idea of a power suit + scanning the environment makes it more than static geometry. You are exploring on an adventure, not just shooting dudes

Would buy a switch tomorrow for a new prime game

The wii versions of the gamecube games are a lot better for the wiimote aim

The NTSC Gamecube version of the first game has better writing but I wouldn't say that's more important than the control scheme

For me a huge part of the comfy was the sense of exploration. Touching down on a beautiful, barren planet while the rain was falling and basically having just the objective of regaining your power so you can kill that damn Ridley.

That being said magmoor caverns could have been better.

Apparently the game was rushed, so Magmoor didn't have a boss and we didn't get this magnificent gentleman.

but the luminoth were only in 2

>Metroid powered jetpacks
Science team knew what was good

>Prime was an honest attempt at making the best Metroid game ever, in 3D
>2 crammed in light/dark world bullshit because that's what the kids were into those days
>3 tried to be Halo because that's what kids were into

I loved 2 and 3, but they were prime examples of orders from up top fucking up and interfering with genuine greatness.

It's just what I named the file since he looks like an insect. It's concept art for the original Prime.

>prime examples

crammed in light/dark world bullshit because that's what the kids were into those days

That was an ancient trope, first thing that comes to mind is ALTTP which released 13 years prior

Prime 2's light/dark world gimmick wasn't done the best way but I liked it

I liked the design we got better desu.

I like the Prime 2 design even more.

VAPOR

FOR

BRAINS

I actually liked these guys, even Ghor had his moments like in

Trilogy was bullshit. It's pretty damn good, but the reason it didn't sell well is because nobody could buy it in the first place. It was treated as a limited edition thing and very few copies were printed. They all came in a steel case too.

That's why it's so rare and expensive.

pffft nintendo reprinted the shit out of that game and xenoblade, and then gamestop opened them to sell them as used

they'll never say they reprinted it but if you see trilogy in a non steelbook case, it's a reprint

Tfw a child and running from all choco ghost encounters

fine exception.
and I thought the doors locked during chozo ghosts?

This main area alone is just so good. The rain pouring in a darkish area while your ship is just gently hovering with this music is so top notch:
youtube.com/watch?v=mziw3FQkZYg

It's just so well made and as much as the second theme for it is good and fitting since you've grown as a player I always miss it when it changes.

>nice atmospheric music
>no dialogue to take you out of the game
>environment are beautiful and unique

metroid prime is the greatest example of a 2d platformer making the jump to 3d

I want another Metroid game in the style of Prime 1. No ammo management, no light/dark world bullshit, just pure Metroid.

I think we're overdue on a Super 2 personally.

>Nostaliga

Nah, I played it for the first time about 6 months ago and loved it, phenadra drifts especially was super comfy. Played a bunch of Metroid games actually and greatly enjoyed them all.

The chozo ghosts were annoying to fight, not deadly, just a pain until you got the right visor.

kek. never ever. you would have to kill Nintendo for that to happen. See AM2R.

Prime was a mistake, Super was the peak.

Prime was fine, I don't think it overstayed its welcome. We got Prime and Prime 2 concurrently with Fusion and Zero Mission. Then it ended with Prime 3.
Still prefer Super.

>Super was the peak.
Agree.
>Prime was a mistake
Disagree. It was good for what it was, just not the best Metroid game and for sure not one of the best games ever made.

What is your favorite Prime game? The first Prime had the best atmosphere for me, but I liked the gameplay and level design a little more in Echoes.

Echoes

I like the level design of Prime more. Exploration and world design feels much more natural and there's less linearity, especially without the Dark World. The bosses and general gameplay was more interesting in Echoes though.

>tfw can't play this game because of its ridiculous control scheme

desu I like 2 better

I didn't like 2 and I just wish 3 had Gamecube controls, I hear it might be possible to play on a steam controller though

Play the Wii version

You get used to it in no time, but if it's that much of an issue get the trilogy version. If you're emulating you can even play it with M+KB.

>tfw recognize all the flaws in prime 1 but it's still one of my favorite games

It's nostalgia and I don't even care

what are the main flaws, and what's wrong with the controls?
never played it but plan on it very soon

The music helped for sure