What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?

What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?

So he deserved to die, right?

BING BING WAHOO 1-UP

Acknowledging determinism is better.

No one is born Good.
Taking control over your instincts is not an achievment.
This Dragon is dumb.

>RPG
>no alternative ending or methods for half the quests
>have to kill Paarthurnax for very little reason
>no speech check to persuade them to let him live
>can't flat out refuse and get kicked form the order
>can't let him go and pretend that you killed him
Shit game desu

Are humans born greedy or made greedy?

Acknowledging determinism is the phisophy equivalent of becoming a NEET

>Muh choices! Influence don't real!
Philosophy equivalent of being 12 year old.

>Taking control over your instincts is not an achievement
It's certainly commendable in come instances though, the most relatable of situations is probably to do with sexual relations.
Like if you are super attracted to your cousin, a friend's sister, or somebody who's already in a relationship and they feel the same way, overcoming that urge is an achievement, because you're giving up your own pleasure when it would be very easy to give into it.

It's like when some people is just asking to get smacked, but you or your friends hold back, it might not be "an achievement" but it's certainly commendable.

Look at his name.

>I had no choice, I shouldn't be held accountable!

You have to be an extremely retarded creature to appropriate ethical views of another species.

Of course they are born greedy

Have you never actually encountered children?

The fact that they don't know the concept of "greed" doesn't make them not greedy

Infantile.

>Dragon feeling bad about killing the worst human race in TES

Nords are the most degenerate human race in TES

This is Ulfric Stormcloak, the rightful High King of Skyrim. Say something nice about him!

Nah, fuck the Bosmer. I'd say that I hate Elves, but I do like the Dunmer. There's something so completely shit about them.

TES RACE POWER RANKING (imo):
Dunmer > Imperial > High Elf > Orcs > Khajiit = Argonian > Redguard > Nord > Breton > Bosmer

Don't get me started on the non-playable races...

The way he delivers that overly impassioned speech to his right hand guy completely spontaneously when you enter Palace of the Kings is hilariously bad.

>implying Talos is a Divine

Didn't Kyne force him to be good, though?

Fucking Altmer, go play Knights of the Nine already.

Except you can flat out refuse.

Just don't kill him, you're kicked out until you decide to kill him, and if you finish the main quest without killing him you're kicked out permanently.

His headless corpse was fun to strip naked and unceremoniously dump in the keep's kitchen fire.

>Taking control over your instincts is not an achievment.
Alright no fap for six month lets go

You're wrong.

Dunmer > Altmer > Redguard > Imperial > Argonian > Orcs > Nord > Khajit > Breton > Bosmer

You consider it an achievment to not fuck your sister? Are you retarted?

Is there anything wrong with first two istances?
As long as you take responsability

I always wondered about this, does it still count if you get fap by some other person?

1 Nord
2 Not Nords
This is the only correct answer.

Yes, I was never able to do it though
The guy was such a good talker, and the word philosophing skill was pretty useful

My apologies then.
I haven't played it in years, but from what I remember you were asked to kill him after you've beaten the main quest? After Alduin was killed and everything had been settled whatsherface was all like "By the way, you have to kill Paarthurnax". I remember only being able to put up minimal resistance, to little end. I think it was only a couple of lines of "b-but no!" and she'd shut you down each time. Correct me, it has been a while and I'd like to remember clearly.

I went through with it because having finished the main quest, I thought it was the only way to progress the story, but nothing really comes of it after he dies.

>What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
What a fucking garbage question. IS MAO ZEDONG a good guy because he brought equal rights to women? is rights to women/increase in literacy rate valued to be worthy of sacrificing millions of commoners by telling them to convert their farming equipment into shoddy steel to build useless factories that the commoners themselves couldn't operate? IS STALIN a good guy because he beat the germans but yet purged his own population during the red scare for the greater good? what defines evil nature what defines "good"

>Some drunken sluts and morons
No, delete your shit taste

>bretons that low

but why

They are both the worst of men and the worst of mer.

>That fucking cunt Delphine thinks she can order the goddamn Dragonborn around

Thank god that mod exists. Shut that bitch up for good.

Is Delphine the worst character in any Elder Scrolls game?

It really depends, under certain circumstances I'd say that they're completely fine. My point was more about self control and how it's definitely something to commend and even view as an achievement in some cases. The poster above you didn't seem to get what I was saying either, it seems I need to work on my wording.

Boring, have nothing to offer that trumps the other races. Lore is lackluster in comparison to the other races also.

This.
Nords represent the rule of honor and respect, of camaraderie and competition, of strength and wisdom. They are in close communion with the gods and the wondrous world they have created; they harbor a respect for all of nature, from its blue skies to the depths of its mountains. Even those who live simple lives are upstanding, maintain strong values, and trust in the good and the true.
Bosmer, Bretons (those who do not engage in conjuration) and Redguard are all respectable.
Imperials have been corrupted due to the distance they maintain from the gods and nature. They are motivated by money and power. They will die from it.
All Daedra worshipping heretics can all get bent.

To overcome both good and evil, without effort.

Nobody is "born good" we all make choices in life and those are what define us.

He is the best Thalmor puppet

>Be born good. Fall into evil and then redeem yourself.

You forgot they extend mercy to former foes in their time of need and ask nothing in return.
Show respect for worthy enemies no matter the heinous crimes committed by their race.
Their greatest hero carved out an Empire and ascended to the pantheon of Divines.(No matter what the heretics pushing the Arcturian Heresy spout)

Truly no other race is even in the conversation.

neither. evil is a made up concept and whenever someone is called evil, always take it with a grain of salt.