Say hello to the best controller ever made

say hello to the best controller ever made

>digital triggers
nah

Wrong picture? Wii U pro controller has both sticks up top.

Analog triggers are a meme. Kys.

explain your reasoning

Switch Pro is improved in every aspect

It's better than the Wii U pro controller.

But that's not saying much.

Is this for real? So nintendo hates racing games?

>muh travel times!
>even though most games recognize any pressure as activation

>shitting on racing games

But can you use it on PC?

That's not an SNES/PS4 controller.

yes

Yes

>PS4 controller
literally the worst

This

Melee is shit for the simple reason that analog triggers are terrible for quick inputs.

No, they just build a different sort of racing game.

Is this controller good any any console port? e.g. DMC, RE, Racers

Now I get what the purpose of the switch was.

>non symmetrical sticks.

Nah m8

>no headphone jack

close, but no cigar

Why does a controller need a headphone jack?

>no headphone jack
>no touchpad
>digital triggers
>can't attach a keyboard
the only positive is battery life

bro im like 6 feet away from my switch and i lose fucking connection with it. comon. What the fuck is nintendo doing. i love the system and all but i dont need to be fucking kissing my Switch to use a controller. They really need to somehow patch this shit if its a software issue. and defintely fix it if its hardware. I have less problems with the joy-cons but it still happens.

It definitely feels the best in my hands. Last controllers that felt this good were the wavebird and THE DUKE

Epic meme

It's a $70 controller, what excuse does it have?

Only via bluetooth. Plugging it in does nothing but charge it.

not a meme, it's the truth. and sometimes it hurts bad

>not playing racing games with wheel + pedals
end yourself plebians

That's not the wired 360 controller.

IS THIS CONTROLLER GOOD FOR ANY PORT? HELLO?

>touchpad
let's be honest here, all you niggers would be calling Nintendo out for adding another gimmick to it's controller.

The shilling for this controller and the damage control for the digital triggers has been pretty high.
There's constantly one or two threads up about it and it's not like it's a game or anything spectacular or anything that would warrant extensive discussion.

Asymmetrical sticks are fine for that controller form.
Main input areas belong in the comfortably resting position and for many games those just are left stick and the face buttons.
Just because your SNES controller with bonus analog sticks is symmetrical doesn't mean it's a good idea for every game.

hello

>replying to Sony fanboys

darkness

>wanting game audio over bluetooth

>Expensive XB1 controller with digital triggers, no wired option and no headphone jack

Racing games were just fine back when all buttons were digital

/thread

fpbp

this

any other opinions are shills

there's nothing wrong with the touchpad desu

IS
THE
STEAM
CONTROLLER
GOOD
FOR
ANY

PORT

Y/N?
MAYBE SO

>say hello to literally the same shape and button layout as every controller for the last decade

ok

>I like digital triggers because they're better for literally everything but racing games and I don't give a shit about racing games
>Therefore I am a paid employee of Nintendo

Rad.

0/10 bait

>$69.99

steam controller is shit, the weird pad things are horrid

>I only play epic racing sims to satisfy my permavirgin attitude because I can't be bothered to go to a local track or an empty parking lot

FTFY

I prefer the flat face buttons.

I have been using this baby for the last week.

Its amazing,i cannot believe consoles do not use this kind of controller yet.

I

NEED

RESTOCKS

It doesn't have a fucking headphone jack? Are you serious?

At least there's no two-slice-o-cheese and hamburger buttons

No they are not.

Maybe its because the last console i owned was the ps3 and hardly played it but i love my steam controller for most games.

Obviously fps mouse+keyboard is better but in terms of controllers the steam one is in my opinion the best one for fps.

cheers

>analog sticks at different heights
garbage
Gamecube, DS2 and 4, and wii-u pro still remain the best controllers

Wasn't Nintendo going down the drain?

How can they afford shills on Sup Forums?

Nintendo fans do it for free because Nostalgia.

Hahaha no

I got one the other day and it's fucking fantastic. I've never held such a comfortable controller. Face buttons feel great, sticks feel good, triggers feel good (and if I ever need analog triggers I have an Xbox One controller anyway).
My only complaint is that the D-Pad is complete trash. Which is weird, Nintendo usually makes good or at least decent D-Pads but this one sucks major ass.

>tfw no Duke with shoulder buttons instead of B&W buttons

what the fuck did he mean by this

Except battery life

>My only complaint is that the D-Pad is complete trash
what the fuck are you talking about. dpad is fantastic

>floaty as fuck d-pad

what's the point of triggers if they're digital?
you either want variable control or tactile response

It's weirdly stiff and way too sensitive. I keep accidentally hitting wrong directions if I so much as nudge a direction off-center.
It's not 360-tier terrible but it's really not very good.

40+ hours is bad for you? wii u pro doesn't have gyro sensors and hd rumble for example

Looking to buy one soon, have you used a Wii U pro controller? I HATED how far in the buttons were, you had to like contort your hands inwards to read the inner buttons so platformers and the like weren't viable at all.

How does the Switch Pro go in that regard? Can you comfortable use the dpad + buttons or are they still too close to the centre?

>digital triggers
>no native PC support
>no headphone jack
>proprietary connector

It's shit.

>no native PC support
But it does have native PC support, albeit through DirectInput so it doesn't play nice with some games.
>proprietary connector
It's USB Type-C. It has a reversible connector so you're always plugging it in the right way. Welcome to the future, man.

>proprietary connector
oh god Ipm dying here

This might be autistic as fuck but does anyone else find the textures they're putting on controllers to be a little distracting?

Maybe but it's more than I expected from Nintendo. The Wii U Pro controller had to use shitty 3rd party drivers or adapters to be used on PC.

It used to piss me off until I realized I could rest my finger in between L/ZL and R/ZR and roll my fingers up or down to press the respective button, I like it

what are the negative and plus buttons for? To amplify faggotness

end yourselves

Keep crying spaz

I'm not paying almost 80 for a controller, joy cons are fine and fit my baby hands.

you never saw it in real life, you never played games with it, and it shit? mental illness is a bitch

>Those shitty triggers
>Those shitty analog sticks
>that fucking awful dpad
>Those terrible face buttons
"lol"

hello

your choice. but that doesn't change the fact that it's an amazing controller

Except for the fact that practically no dev utilizes it. It just gets used as another set of buttons which is silly.

I haven't been able to judge it because I literally can't get my hands on one. So as of rn they're awful and their price is whack. Also, I had to send in both joycons to nintendo. Not to happy.

>Faster response time
>satisfying click sound
Try harder sony shills

Finally, someone in this thread posts the right controller.

They couldn't put in analog triggers coz standard set for racing will be single joycon & wheel accessory, so you couldn't reach Z buttons anyway. And motion controls are more important for normies.

>doesn't even HDR
Enjoy your last gen toy

"BEST CONTROLLER EV-"
>doesn't have analog triggers
>doesn't even have a fucking 3.5mm jack to plug a headset in order to hear game audio or even chat, something that has been a thing for literally a decade now, instead you need to buy an extention cord all the way from the Switch to wherever you are sitting, right in the middle of the living room and waiting for someone (or a pet) to trip on it and rip the Switch out of the dock
>because of that you need to chose between the extention cord situation to hear game audio on a headset while in TV mode (or sit 2feet from the console) or use your phone in order to chat with friends or your team while the game audio blasts from your TV since the Switch won't allow both game+chat audio channels at once due to this design flaw.
>costs at least $10 more than other controllers, sometimes more depending on each store

Why are you here to humiliate yourself?

literally every dev and every game uses it
>It just gets used as another set of buttons which is silly
Which is a perfectly fine use of it. This is as retarded as complaining that a "start" button pauses the game, or does some other task that is unrelated to its name.
Just because it's called a "Touchpad" doesn't mean its only functions are touch controls. It works as 2 seperate buttons too for a reason.

Right-stick throttle it is.

This. Literally not as good as other controllers for some games in a significant way. Can't be the best controller.

Dualshock4 literally does everything that controller can do.

It's just that it's beyond retarded to use a touchpad to aim, so no dev ever uses it for that effect. On Steam you can connect a DS4 as aim with the touchpad just like a Steamcontroller all you like. Or use the gyroscopre to aim.

Everything's there m8. Difference is that DS4 doesn't have a stupid configuration, so you can still use it as a standard 2 analog controller perfectly fine, and occasionaly the touchpad as an aiming/RTS scrolling method for the times where you want to be a retard (read: anytime you'd use a Steam Controller as intended)

what games even use analog triggers besides shitty racers?

>DPad
>2 clickable sticks
>2 menu buttons
>4 face buttons
>4 shoulder buttons

Controller have stopped evolving and it's bothering me

Xbone is leagues better

That would be nice if the DS4's touchpad wasn't fucking garbage.