What's your biggest gaming disappointment?

What's your biggest gaming disappointment?

probably Skyrim.

I already owned a PSTV, but I bought a VITA due to several games being exclusivlely for the handheld. $150 (before proprietary cards) down the drain.

Zero Time Dilemma

Mass effect 3
Shogun 2
Skyrim
Insurgency

FFXV

>Skyrim is on sale for $5
>Buy it
>Play it for an hour.
>Wasn't fun
>Back to playing FNV.

>buy it at release for 50 jewish shekels
>ultra-hype
>play intro sequence
>create character
>go to whiterun
>game is shit
>quit after 10 hours, never play it again

:|
todd really got me with that one

fallout 4

me and my brother were screaming our lungs out with excitement at the e3 presentation, then we buy the game and it's just bad

Crysis 2 was kinda really disappointing for me tbqh. Was really into the first one and was beyond hyped that I'd get to be at release for 2.

Hoped for an open new york city with graphics that would be held as the standard for a decade. It wasn't a bad game but it wasn't at all in the same ballpark. Not really impressive like 1.

I will never get over how much of a let down this was.

Black and White 2

I've managed to stay off every hype train since

sigh...this. a thousand times over.

I'm in the same boat as you OP, I had just gotten into Quake Wars at the time and I found BRINK and thought it looked amazing.

Dark Souls II

I put 50 hours into it, but it was mostly PvP.

I liked brink

ME3's ending at the time made me feel dead inside

I didn't think it could've been that bad, but it far exceeded my expectations on how god fucking awful it was. I just wanted to put down my controller or shoot that little faggot in the head as an utter rejection (which was not yet an available option - not that that was an acceptable ending, mind you) for the lamest choice in the universe(tm) that it was forcing upon me

Genuinely can't think of one
Sleeping Dogs 2 being canned hurt, but it's something that never really came to fruition so it's a different pain

Spore was the ultimate gaming disappointment. It heralded the beginning of the entire western industry besides only the very smallest indie studios and the most trustworthy independent ones churning out games which disappoint a little bit more each time.

This.
>Full retail price for game that isn't even finished
>Has the audacity to include a micro transaction shop where the cheapest cosmetic is 5 dollars

BioShock Infinite
To a lesser extent, Tree of Savior

Etrian Mystery Dungeon

I'm never buying a Rockstar game again. I would dare to say the biggest wasted potential of gaming ever.
Single player story is so boring and bland that I never played more then around 8 hour with it and multiplayer is cancer.

I liked Brink too, but not for 50-60 bucks. It was a twenty five dollar game at best for the amount of content that was in it.

Honestly? Crysis 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. The first game was good, but something about the second one really clicked for me. I've probably played through it seven or eight times end to end.

At least you can pirate shit on it now. Whole one game.

>Insurgency
Why?

brink is up there, but i was really hyped for mirror's edge 2 as well

Empire Earth III

I legit bought this thing when it released and subsequently shut down like a month later.

>Almost bought this game
>GameStop guy told me it was trash and dead online
>Bought UMvC3 instead

Arigato, GameStop guy

when i got a home internet connection in 2005 and discovered mmos are soulless grinding simulators with borderline sociopathic assholes instead of epic player driven adventures with people from all over the world.

What's WebM supposed to show?

you're supposed to slowly walk across to keep your balance, as the red silhouette is showing. turns out you can just jump across quickly without falling.

Probably that you don't need to do the balancing and you can instead just jump over the pole.

Wasn't that in the original ME too though?

i don't know, i've never tried. i didn't make the webm, just thought it was odd.

my main concern with ME2 was the opion world and the unlockable skills, not the movement. also, the ugly city.
i was expecting a 10/10 game and got a 6.5/10, that's why i was so disappointed.

I was convinced the quality of this game was because of an all woman team. Turns out EA just gave a huge project to a bunch of fucking swedes

Spore. The greatest idea for a game ever became nothing more than a series of shitty minigames. Fuck EA.

Crysis 2

Halo 4

Dawn of War 3

Dead Space 3

But mainly Crysis 2.

This. In retrospect dark souls II wasn't even a bad game. It just wasn't another Dark Souls for me. And that was what killed it.

What exactly is wrong with Spore? I love sandbox games but it has some serious hate.

This. It still hurts. The fact that Konami decided to make a zombie survival spin-off instead of actually finishing MGSV was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Starbound

Dishonored.

Was looking for stealth games, was told that was one of the greatest modern stealth games. And boy was I duped.

Let's be honest. Kojima wasted years and millions of dollars on this and there were no profits. Any sane publisher would put a stop to his insanity.

brink and spore taught me to curb my hype the hard way

What? Clearly the game made a lot of money you fucking retard.

Same. I dont think I have ever been as excited for a game announcement, ever. Yet it was such a huge letdown.

this post reeks of underage

Only the story and the 2 large maps disappointed me. Fell in love with the gameplay but Konami is just gonna let it go to waste for the sake of a fucking zombie survival. It could've been something amazing if Kojima Productions didn't defunct during the end of development.

Fallout NV

Not because it was a bad game, but because me and my best friend in the entire world/roomate we're so pumped on it and would talk about it every day. But a month before it came out he killed himself. I played an hour of it and turned it off.

The alpha of the game had more content than the official release. EA didn't like how complex the game was and wanted it to be more accessible since it was an E rated game, so they had to water down and scrap 70% of the game's content causing a 1 year delay. It was so bad at how the publisher mandhandled the direction of the game, it caused their veteran director and founder of Maxis, Will Wright, to leave the company for good.

Spore is a mediocre game, the disappointment comes from both the leavings of a great game creator and how much the game was gutted.

>tfw rome total war was your first pc game ever
>always fantasize about rome 2
>it gets announced
>get full on hype, preorder it in the best edition
>play for 10 hours and never touch it or the rts genre again

feels bad desu

>Brink, probably the biggest since I played a lot of Enemy Territory when I was younger
>Spore
>DNF
>Phantom Pain, though not to the same extent as the first three, I still had a bit of fun
>Fuse
>Rome II
All bought day one.

>it caused their veteran director and founder of Maxis, Will Wright, to leave the company for good

His dreams of a perfect game. His magnum opus. Forever destroyed by a bunch of suits. Never forget.

>But a month before it came out he killed himself.
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Did he pre-order it?

Doom 3
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Rage
Thief 3

This game was basically a gambling sim.

>im too stupid to install sex mods

Why would you be excited for Fallout 4 after Fallout 3 and the garbage it was?

i lol'd thanks user

>he killed himself

Suicide is an act of total selfishness and a huge "fuck you" to everyone they knew. Fuck him, and fuck you for still caring about him.

...so between a stint in dev hell due to EA hijinks, Peter hyping the shit out of it, false advertising and bad PR, it's not... Spore? Thank you for filling me in, by the way, but now I want to do research.

Either way, I just bought Grow Up yesterday so after I write some code I'm going to check that out. If that sucks, you can't beat Goat Simulator

C&C 4

Mass effect 3

Spore

really

This fucking game.

What is Visceral even doing these days? Did EA pull the plug already?

Probably one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history. It's even more shocking that the game had a $500 million budget.

>Dead Space 3
Why? Weapon creation system is cool and all the moon story was fucking great. Even the bad guy was adorable.

Yeah really.

$100 million on the game, $400 million on the marketing. Nothing shocking there.

Recently played Rage, it was okay.
Didn't have any expectations and got it for 5 bucks though.
Why did it disappoint you?

Trash game

I remember when I was 12

Truly this.
I've had big disappointments before but this one hit deepest.

Uncharted 1-3 is definitely one of my gaming disappointments. Couldn't think of any earlier but this reminded me. Heard a shit ton of praise for so long while I never had a PS3.

Got a PS4 this gen, bought the remaster and for all the talk these games aren't much at all. Seriously just underwhelming experiences with nice set pieces. They're not bad games by any means, but the way people wanked over them I figured I'd get something that played well.

Not played 4 yet

Battleborn, without a shadow of a doubt!

Wow, just like any other uncharted game.

They ruined the aesthetic of Mirror's Edge

I completely blame myself on this one. I was blinded by GTA:SA nostalgia and I wanted another fun GTA so bad that I ignored that there was no proof that Rockstar would have learned from their mistakes with 4.

you must be kindding, RIGHT ?

Crysis 2 wasn't bad, just linear compared to the first one

>the bad guy was adorable.
nigga you gay

Battlefield 3
Mercenaries 2
Ace Combat Assault Horizon

Way too many to name.

But most recently, Rock Band 4.

DELET.

Nigga, Dice has always been swedish.

>making all the suit features into contextual commands

Fallout 3 was an actual RPG, like it or lump it.

Paper Mario Sticker Star.

Phantom Pain will go done as a formative experience in my life.
I haven't allowed myself to feel hype for ANYTHING since being so brutally face fucked by this game.
Paradoxically i guess that makes it one of the most important games i've ever played.

It genuinely turned me into a jaded cunt when it comes to vidya. I've not let myself get excited for anything after that fucking trainwreck.

No it fucking sucked. One of the worst games I've ever played.

yep

pye

yep

\

yep

dawn of war 3 isnt even out yet how do you know its shit :&^)

Thinking that Brink was going to scratch my itch for a Mirror's Edge successor set me up to be even more let down when the real sequel came out.

I had my doubts about the open world meme but now I really think it's shit.

Pokemon ORAS

Bullshit started with XY but ORAS was the real "We don't give a fuck about our licence anymore, game sells millions anyways, kys"

everything about it looks terrible. i'm not even going to pirate it until crons are in.