ITT: Protagonists that are actually shit characters

ITT: Protagonists that are actually shit characters.

He couldn't have less of a personality if he tried.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IQTwtUn07JA
youtube.com/watch?v=lSRLQivjP4w
youtu.be/KWqlz0wsQQ4?t=2m56s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well yeah. He's meant to be bland so guys can self insert onto him.

ITT: People who have never play the game they have oppinions on.

The VA sounds like he's about to fall asleep

>bland

He's a self insert character. His personality was literally your own.

You just called yourself bland and uninteresting. I concur.

Trying getting through the books outside of the short stories.

Bland is not the right word because hes customizable.

Your life has the shittiest protagonist though.

Isn't it because of the shit he went through in Kaer Morhen, he lost the capacity to have emotion?

>He's meant to be bland so guys can self insert onto him
That's wrong though.
If people were to self insert into him he would be a silent protagonist. In the game you are obviously Geralt. You aren't your own witcher with your own backstory. You are this dude. Which is fine, you can make a good game while playing as a particular character. But if you are going to make me play as a certain character then at least make the character interesting and cool.

But "grumble grumble no emotion ever" is a shitty middleground choice between silent protag and an actual character.

>game makes a big point over witchers not having emotion
>can fly off into fits of rage over things you find morally abhorrent
nice writing guys

I tried but holy shit the novels just get worse and worse as they go on, I stopped midway through Tower of Swallows

He's kind of supposed to be bland though.

>ITT: Protagonists that are actually shit characters.

No. He tells that story because it's just part of his witcher persona on the path. Notice how much more 'normal' the other witchers like Lambert and Eskel are.

No says in game that Witcher's can't feel any emotion ever.

GEralt has a snarky, sarcastic and dry sense of humour, and he's also really nice about the peopleh e cares about, see his scenes with Yen.

Have you people even played the game?

Yep I'm triggered

They have better emotional control. They can suppress fear and anxiety. But they feel emotions the same as humans. The whole Witchers don't have emotions is a meme.

>he lost the capacity to have emotion?

People need to stop spreading this misinformation. You people talk like one of the random villagers in the games, like the fucking priest in the intro video to W3. Witchers are hardened as fuck warriors who look inhuman and they go around dealing in death for money. Sometimes, they're forced to do despicable shit and this, in turn, gets their entire order to have a bad rep.

Fucking peasants man, I swear to god.

NOW I'VE LOST IT

>shit character
>geralt
youtube.com/watch?v=IQTwtUn07JA

Well then the succeeded.
But it is so fucking boring to play. The voice actor did a terrible job. His dialogue is boring. I like the story AROUND Geralt, but the man himself is a terrible "character".

>Describe the following characters WITHOUT saying what they look like, what costume they wore or what their profession or role in the movie was.

He has no character outside of "I'm a witcher". This is made even worse by the fact that all these ladies want his autistic dick.

>bit playing with superior Polish VA

they* succeeded

Define cool. Some people, including me, like Geralt the way he is. It's not like many books/games make a character like that, everyone is going either for a silent protag (in the early past), edgy son of a bitch with a great heart (less distant past) or for "cool" unrelatable millennial retard (nowadays)

that's purposefully left out in the books. they are ambiguous in that regard so that the reader doesn't know whether everyone saying that is spreading bullshit or geralt is a failed specimen that has emotions when he shouldn't have. even if witchers do actually have emotions, I wouldn't say they feel or understand them in the same way as regular humans

he is tripped of emotions. at least according to lore

Think about if in middle school or high school, your teachers, unbeknownst to you were lacing your cafeteria food with crazy shrooms/psychedelics. You miiiiight be a little off later down the line.

Are the other VAs better than their English counterparts too?

I don't know how anyone can say that. Witcher 3 dialogue is full of witty and sarcastic lines coming from Geralt. I admit that seems to be true in Witcher 1 and partially in witcher 2, which makes sense as he didn't have his memories back in those games.

I'm not sure but I think Geralt was actually exceptional among witchers in his ability to feel emotions, iirc witchers were supposed not to feel emotions at all, but they fucked up with Geralt during the mutations. It was never fully explained, the book just said they failed to deprive Geralt of emotions fully

>>Describe the following characters WITHOUT saying what they look like, what costume they wore or what their profession or role in the movie was.

GEralt has a snarky, sarcastic and dry sense of humour, and he's also really nice about the peopleh e cares about, see his scenes with Yen.

I think you are confusing a shit Voice Actor with a shitty character.

The "witchers have no emotions" bit is a myth that witchers themselves tell. It is not true at all, they say that because it make it easy to stay away from the regular people so they can survive better. Really the only thing that make them seem emotionless is their age. Most witchers have live over 100 years and that makes you really jaded to the world. That's why they are so cynical, they have seen some shit.

English VA complete lost what made Geralt fun.
Geralt try really hard to enforce that whole "tough, no emotion mutant" thing but he just cant help himself he always oozes his snarky and edgy persona to the point of fedoratipping.
Thats partialy why he finds himself in trouble so often.

English Garalt is just "Dirty hurr durr Harry" tough piece of shit.

>he's an expert sword user
>expert at magic too
>he's a also a mutant with white hair
>generic grizzled scar
>every woman finds him attractive

Geralt is like some 12 year olds Deviantart character

I accidentally changed to ENG VA on steam once and holy fuck, geralt sounded like a space mercenary from a sci-fi cartoon

He tries to stay neutral but he can't because despite being an inhuman monster hunting killing machine he's still a good guy who tries to do the right thing and help people in need.
He's loyal to his friends.
He's very devoted to Yen and Ciri.
He fights against oppression where possible.
He sticks to the contracts he signs and sees them through to the end.

Wow, describing him without saying what he looks like or what his profession is sure is hard.

don't forget his "Drugs make me stronger 420 BLAZE IT" abilities too

>expert in magic

witcher signs aren't even real magic. it is said in the books that even regular humans could use them if they concentrated hard enough and actually knew what to do with their fingers

He is smart, sarcastic, loyal, jaded, witty and a magnet for sorcereres pussy.

Retard, he spread this rumour himself so people won't bug him with emotional shit.

fpbp

Raiden actually has a good backstory though.

He said FINE far way too fucking much.
Otherwise he's only bland if you miss the rare pure gem moments.

youtube.com/watch?v=lSRLQivjP4w

>Raiden actually has a good backstory though.

He was a child solider, so what?

The whole "Witchers have no emotions" thing is just a n in-universe myth. Their life experiences just make them cynical pieces of shit.

No, you're wrong! I'm not just another generic edgy dude!

MODS!!!

Witcher 3 also the most overrated game of all time, and considering it's 80% interactive novel and 20% game, that makes it's rating even worse.

>Geralt alone spread a rumor that molded the opinions of the whole known world, it has nothing to do with the actions of himself or other witchers at all

Lmao

raiden was meant to be
then went edgy mode in 4 and finally got a personality in mgr

this
The plot is fine but every single piece of player interaction with the "game" is shit.
I've been modding the hell out of it just so I can stand to play the game because I like the story and setting.
Geralt sucks but the things he encounters is cool.

It is a damn shame because I liked witcher 1 and fucking LOVED witcher 2.

But it is like they completely phoned everything in for witcher 3. I finally got a good mod for alchemy because they raped the alchemy system in this game.

Witcher 2 skill tree was amazing.
Witcher 3 abilities are fucking HORSE SHIT

All witchers use that tactic. It is hard to ask for money to protect people if every peasant beg you and appeals to your emotions.

Geralt is GOAT

Geralt tries to perpetuate this myth on purpose. It's not bad writing, you're just stupid.

Something seems off in the picture, can't catch what

If the 20% and 80% were switched around poeple would bitch about lack of story. Lesson is: people bitch, you're bitching, bitching makes you look dumb.

>expert sword user
Yeah he's trained since he was a child to use swords. You call Tiger Woods a Mary Sue because he started golfing at 6?

>Expert at magic
Signs aren't magic

>He's also a mutant with white hair
A side effect of the mutations to become a witcher

>Generic grizzled scar
Artistic License

>Every woman finds him attractive
He's got a 10/10 body, rugged handsome face, deep voice, and a dangerous profession. Not surprising he's a pussy slayer.

There all your points are invalidated, please get better opinions.

So, in other words, you and I are in agreement that some of these anons sound like the stupid as fuck peasants present in the Witcher's universe.

He is a baby in magic by wizard standards. And most people in the setting find him about as despicable as eastern euros find gyppos, although some aknowledge his skills as a pest controller.

Geralt is one of the greatest protags gaming got though.

Who thinks else has shit taste.

Absolutely.

>>generic grizzled scar

He has scars all over his fucking body, which fits his job, most Witcher's in the game have scars, which fits their job, not generic in the least.

I've played enough games.
Gameplay/combat has become third in importance for me, it only has to be fun.
Story is first and visually appealing second.
If I want gameplay I go and play CS:GO or a racing game/GTA online.
Otherwise I only look for story rich games, hopefully with rpg elements and story choices.

This is why Witcher trilogy and the 2 expansions are some of the best experiences I've ever had; playing a game.

Dumb cunts still hate MGS2 Raiden in 2017? Okay.

People shit on the combat too much, it isn't deep, but it's fun as fuck butchering people like the monster you are.

>signs aren't magic

They are, but an obscure, noob tier ones. When Triss was in Kaer Morhen (in books) and talked to witchers about Ciri, Lambert threw a sign on a fireplace and Triss mocked him by saying that his babby signs are nothing compared to what she can do with Aard spell, and then he said he showed it to her to emphasize how shitty their magic was and that Ciri is not capable of doing even that.

Russian VA for Geralt is one of the greatest russian performances I've heard, but constant bugs with voiceovers and absolutely TERRIBLE Yennefer and Ciri cast made otherwise stellar dub work very hard to stomach.

he was shit in MGS2

it wasn;t until MGS4 that he became his own and finally escaped from being a whiny bitch and stepped out from Snake's shadow

Yeah, nah, he was whiny as fuck in MGS4, far whinier than he ever was in MGS2. And he became another Gray Fox expy, much like Olga was in MGS2 except there was a reason for that in MGS2.

>Magic isn't magic look at yen look at triss not same REEE
>Literally repeating his points
I'll give you the sword-user one though

>it wasn;t until MGS4 that he became his own and finally escaped from being a whiny bitch

youtu.be/KWqlz0wsQQ4?t=2m56s

KEK

I think his performance varies. He's okay when he doesn't overdo the gravelliness and when he raises his voice. The worst part was probably when he was Vlodimir, but even that could have been decent with more specific voice direction.

Raiden was still crying constantly in MGS4, Revengance is the only game where he's not a whiny bitch.

Slavic languages are too hard to learn, desu dziadziu.

>takes down a Harrier
>takes down multiple Rays
>takes down Solidus
>Took an couple dozen soldiers in just a sword
>took on Vamp

Then dares to question a thing or two in the game and suddenly he's a 'bitch'?

It's only his VA that is a bit of a miscast, his actions in MGS2 speak far louder than his words though. Unless we're saying he can't have a mental breakdown at his repressed past coming to surface again.

Zelda fags are truly the worst.

Stop trying to justify your switch purchase

>80% interactive novel 20%
What do you think about shit like KOTOR?

The Witcher was a perfectly fine series to talk about on Sup Forums before 3. Now it's cool to hate it.

His eyes are green instead of yellow

name a single flaw he has

explaining the reasons for it being shit doesn't make it less garbage it just shows you're willing to look over something if given the smallest of distractions

>playing a Polish game without Polish voice acting, which is objectively the best one available
>playing an RPG and complaining that a character is a bit bland, where it's obvious that parts of it have to be left like that to allow dumb cunts that haven't read the books to pick Triss
>outright lying when Geralt has plenty of funny moments

tl;dr shut the fuck up and read the books if you want Geralt to be an actual character

literally every game gets shit on here but witcherfags are the only ones who cry about it