Now that the dist has settled, we all agree that this is the greatest game ever made, right?

Now that the dist has settled, we all agree that this is the greatest game ever made, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5HWmqBoCfA
youtube.com/watch?v=6LT62mVaIpA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have no objections to that statement.

2B was the most pointless character in the game.
The game can't be the best if it flounders on such a basic principle like "a protagonist should serve a purpose in the narrative"

Game is still great though

That's not Vangers.

2B isn't the protagonist tho, she is just a plot device for the real protagonist best boy 9S.

9S is the main character though

and 2B is the main reason he went nuclear

She served a purpose retard, did you stop playing after Ending A?

Is that you Chad?

I got all the way to the true ending. All she did was be a plot device for 9S.

9S cared about her for [reasons] and she felt the sane for [other dumb reasons] the game hinges on me believing their relationship but there is no reason to.

Much different than Kaine/Nier

If I didn't enjoy the PS4 demo, would I enjoy the game? The environment seemed very boring and repetitive, and the gameplay was just button mashy

It literally would be if Platinum hadn't half assed the combat.

The only actual characters in the game were the machines and the Pods. Everyone else was just wasted.

Best game I've played so far, though maybe it doesn't mean much.

It was a great game but it still had HUGE problems. One of the biggest problems I never see anyone talk about is the point of difficulty levels. Being a Platinum game, there was no point in playing on Hard or Very Hard and there was no ranking system.

People cry about dying to 1 shots in Hard but with a ranking system like Bayo, I suspect these people would be getting bronze statues all fucking day. The game should have forced a ranking or scoring system so people would feel motivated to git gud.

As it stands, the game is piss easy and the level system does not translate well into a Platinum action game.

I understand that excellent gameplay and mechanics isn't the point of Nier Automata but it was a great game nonetheless because of the ride. I just wished more thought was put into it as a replayable action game.

this isnt a platinum game

2B is cute!

>9S cared about her for [reasons] and she felt the sane for [other dumb reasons] the game hinges on me believing their relationship but there is no reason to.

Its supposed to be a pretty simple love story my dude. Its essentially robo Romeo and Juliet and the game pretty much admits that through the stamps quest.

2B is boring and truly believes that emotions should be prohibited, 9S comes along and is all inquisitive and upbeat about everything. 2B falls for him because opposites attract. Scanners usually work alone so 9S falls for her because he gets lonely as fuck.

Its in my top 3

Here is my opinion on the game. Sorry its a youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=D5HWmqBoCfA

Ew.

Even though some people have complained about the difficulty system, Nier is viewed more as a Taro game, so besides stuff like character combos, the discussion is more about the story and characters, as is the shitposting.

>2B is boring and truly believes that emotions should be prohibited

Not really. The reason she says that is so that he shuts up so she doesn't become attached and so she can try to convince herself not to become attached.

>2B is boring and truly believes that emotions should be prohibited

>the weapons are their wedding rings

>automata is a complete game
>mgs v isn't

>automata went nuclear AS FUCK
>mgs v didn't

I'm not even meming, but did anybody else feel like this is what mgs v should have been?

>kojima "I'm going to do something that has never been done before in a video game"
>taro yoko "gotchu senpai"
>hands over nier automata

On ending B currently, does it ever actually explain why androids have human forms at all?

>An android is a humanoid robot[1] or synthetic organism[2][3][4] designed to look and act like a human,
Are you retarded?

wew

I got 89% of Archives, Unit Info and Weapons. Also have 53/60 quests completed. All this without using guides.
And now I'm stuck. Is it something cryptic or am I missing some obvious things?

Ah, you guys are right. I keep forgetting this isn't the point in a Taro game. Action games have conditioned me into playing games a certain way and feeling this level of polish in a game like Nier made me think it was something it isn't.

>tfw the first thing I did was set up my chips for witch time, dodge offset and evade distance
>tfw I secretly just wanted another Bayonetta sequel

>kojima "I'm going to do something that has never been done before in a video game"
What was that anyway? Was it the getting rid of the nukes thing?

It's ok. The game is too easy, but it's more like a god of war game, which was the original inspiration for the first nier. It just needs some balancing which hard mode + some chips do.

lmao

Some quests aren't shown on the map but trigger when you get near. Did you do the quest with the broken down Engels in the ruined city? That's sorta an example for it.

Well they wouldn't be androids if they didn't.

I don't think so because I think it was supposed to be the same thing he said he'd get kicked out of the industry for.

There's absolutely zero reason for them to look like humans though so why do they?

>that poorly executed jeep ride
>WHOAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

There's every single reason why they look like humans since they were originally created by humans. They wouldn't be Androids but just robots if they didn't look like humans.

>WHOAAAAA--
>*idle animation starts*
>--HOOOOOOOOO

It must have been cut out either because of the development issues or Konami refused to have something apparently so controversial in the game.

Or he's just a hack and his ego is too big for his on britches.

yes, even got a proper chapter 3 trailer after ending B

Why do you look like God?

>yoko taro managed to make a chapter 3

There's a quest for the broken down Engels in the ruined city during 2Bs and 9S' parts.

There's a quest in the desert where you have to use the scanner to look for 4? items

There's a quest in the bunker during 2Bs and 9S' parts

There's a quest during 9S' second act wherein you have to 100% the unit data.

There are some second act 9S exclusive unit archives that appear

>Try to get all the joke endings
>leave to piss after a few
>realize idling on the main menu causes an intro to play
>it spoils everything

Why do you keep doing this Taro?

Someone didn't play the first nier, or didn't pay attention at all to automata

Jap games love spoiling shit in the intros

I play the game with a controller and the camera keep looking to the ground for some reason I have to keep adjusting it everytime, especially during character conversations, it's quite annoying, anybody else having this issue?

But when you see the corpses of androids they don't have skin or hair anymore, those things make sense for a human being but they serve no purpose on androids.

This is not Red Dead Redemption

Adjust the camera settings. It gives you more options than any other game.

They serve the purpose of making them look like humans.

toob

>inb4 spoiler that shit

Yes.
There is something about this game that resonates with me on a visceral level.

Yes it is.

Already tried, no dice, it's like the vertical deadzone in the right stick is fucked or something, if I try to invert it then it'll automatically look to the sky which is even worse, it's also definitely not my controller since it only happens in this game, I wish there was a way to disable vertical movement altogether.

boring waifubait

That's just how the camera operates. You get used to it after you play for a while. Also the hook grip is the way to play.

>sjw shit
>greatest game ever
i don't think so

>There's a quest for the broken down Engels in the ruined city during 2Bs and 9S' parts.
Only one I missed.
Fucking 'stand on this piece of broken building' trigger without marker.
Even Wise Robots had markers and they weren't part of a quest.

>your face finding 2B's flight unit

It's the only game I bought this year so far and I'm doubting whether to even call it my GOTY. It's good but damn chill.

Go pretend to be retarded somewhere else.

where?!

Its not spoiling because if you never played the game you have no idea how all that shit ties together.

>That's just how the camera operates. You get used to it after you play for a while.
But that doesn't seem right, why would the game constantly be forcing the camera to be looking at the ground, especially when I'm running and I can't see shit in front of me unless I adjust the camera every half second.

>Also the hook grip is the way to play.
What the hell is a hook grip?

In the flooded city, after ending B

What does that mean? The stories have no similarities if you're on about 9S going full REEE.

I haven't played original Nier games or Drakengards.
Automata has archives regarding Gestalt and Replicant. So this is what actually happened in those games? Do you meet Devola and Poppola there?

post a screenshot so I can understand what your problem is

CLAW GRIP I guess.

The exact same spot where she crash landed.

It's in the flooded city if stay completely on the right when you move on the road

To be fair
>icon to talk to somebody in the middle of the ruins
>it's around where engels is
>nothing ontop of him
>major faggot speed star is on the other thing
>cant talk to him from above

I wont say it's just out there but I found it on my first 9S playthrough.

>stating a simple fact is considered acting retarded by nu/v/ standards
It's like you haven't even played the game.

Would be easier if I posted a webm, give me 5 minutes.

at least try harder with your bait dude

Ok, where in the game is it SJW? If anything, the base filled with cute girls and weak shotas being made for the sole purpose of being destroyed since they're seen as inferior is the exact OPPOSITE of SJW.

I just got into the wild Taro's ride.
mfw 6O and 21O died

I see you changed your shitty images

You get the icon only after you step on the small piece of concrete and 9S says something about Engels not being completely dead.
I run around like 20 times maybe more, never stepped on the building part.

GET THE FUCK OUT UNTIL YOU BEAT THE GAME, YOU'RE GONNA BE SPOILED, RETARD

>mfw I wanted a family with 9S

There's so much shit in the trailer/intro that they ripped from the ending cutscenes

It wasn't clear in the beginning.

But it's a full on sequel. White Chlorination Syndrome and everything.
Popola and Devola are in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=6LT62mVaIpA

I love this man

I think he was just full of hit tbqhwyf

I think it's the whole killing children thing. At first I don't think that was meant to be a game over.

>ThhhhhAaaAAAnk youuU ffFFForrRR tHEee flOWerssss

Nier is about that stuff, and Popola and Devola are from Nier. Drakengard is only loosely connected, it's a different world from Nier.

So far the game has been very easy and I hadn't died a single time, but then I reached the big hole in the ground for some underground waypoint. The snake machine things absolutely fuck me up and I seemingly do literally no damage to them. What level are you supposed to be around now? I'm level 12 but most enemies are in 20s

My fucking face Song of the Ancients: Atonement starts playing. Fucking Devola and Popola sacrificing themselves trying to get rid of their programmed guilt by saving MC.

Games have had you kill child soldiers before.

>waifu bait game with clunky boring Platinum Games combat
>greatest game ever made

(you)

I just got here, recently beat the game.
Is the apologetic machine doors really a joke? Is there sources?

>mfw Yoko Taro BTFO Kojima
Where were you when this happened Sup Forums ?