Get unique laser rifle

>Get unique laser rifle
>it's model is exactly the same as the default laser rifle
>the laser rifle is literally just a laser pistol with a longer stock bolted on anyway
It was so much fun finding unique weapons in FNV, since they were all actually UNIQUE. Why did they not even attempt when they made weapons in FO4? Considering they fucked up everything but the gameplay, the least they could do is at least do a good job with the weapons.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59149/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Virgil has the only UNIQUE laser rifle in the game that might look different (idk i haven't played up until that part i always quit before then) according to the wiki

also the HARPOON GUN acquisition was supposed to be a mirror of 20k leagues under the sea in a separate quest where you would actually use the ocean for fucking once. But NOPE Bethesda chickened out when they realized they didn't have an animation for a UNIQUE harpoon gun so they changed the ENTIRE model to mimic the broadsider heavy gun from vanilla and re-used the same animation. The original harpoon gun was supposed to be entirely different looking according to the wiki as well

the one dense gives you is slightly different textured but I understand what you're getting at

my guess is cause they screwed up the perks trying to move away from GURPS to "simple" in their mind (having to guess if shotguns count as a single shot rifle as far as perks go is not simple.)

I mean did you know they screwed that up in 3? certain things get boosts from energy not explosive and vice versa, amongst other fuck ups.

On top of scrapping the quest entirely

I found a raider who glitched into surrendering to me.

>actually use the ocean
I did hear that but didn't know poon gun was effected.

there were supposed to be giant squid synths, kinda like the gorillas. instead all you get is a perk that makes you immune to rads from water (??) and fuck all under the sea (I did have a decent look one time, its like skyrim, the odd thing, then void space.)

nah it just looks like the regular institute rifle, which also happens to just look like an ugly plastic toy gun

the perk system in FO4 was so fucking awful, what they had worked, no idea why they decided to go away from that. Also the righteous authority (reward from Danse) looks exactly the same as regular laser rifle.

NEVAH SUDDAH COME ERE

None of the unique weapons in New Vegas were even remotely interesting or fun.

I love that game to death, but let's not start spewing unnecessary bullshit trying to make Fallout 4 look bad. It does that well enough on its own.

>None of the unique weapons in New Vegas were even remotely interesting or fun.
I guess that's why every "gunfu" thread to reach bump limit has a dozen of New Vegas guns. The only FO3/4 ones I saw in those threads are rail rifle from FO3 and gauss rifle from FO4.

New Vegas shitposting on Sup Forums is hardly a new thing.

>perks were bad

fuck off.

>bullshit trying to make Fallout 4 look bad
nobody is saying anything bad about FO4 todd...

All of them had unique textures/models to signify that they were unique. I thought they were interesting just for that, made it feel like it had some history and you became attached to it. It's honestly one of my favorite parts of that game, no idea why you're trying to downplay them. Do you want them to shoot magical rainbow beams or something?

charisma 10 perk maxed lets you do that normally, how'd you bug them?

I get what they were trying to do, make it so you don't have to sit for days planning your build, but they really screwed up when it comes to what they did to achieve that.

few good things they did were making silent killer useful by adding silent weapon damage aswell as sleep kills, and things like ghoulish or gun-fu to help flesh out your build.

charisma 6 crafting lock (also 2nd level of that perk) is some next level bs though.

>everything I don't like is shitposting
Very well, then.

I like the look of the default laser rifle.

Does the Bastard Laser deserve more love?

This is the one criticism on 4 I'll angrily support. The way level ups depended on perks made "skill" development agonizingly slow, combined with how most quest completions and kills barely fill the EXP bar later on. This shit was annoying in Skyrim and it's even worse here.
Hopefully, they'll get it right and go back to the Fallout 3/New Vegas standard.

I do too (one of the few weapons of vanilla FO4 I like) but that doesn't mean the unique variants has to look the same as the default. No reason to not give them some flair.

Have modders got on giving them unique models yet? FO4 modding seems so boring and disappointing.

I thought this weapon was going to be awesome since it looked and sounded awesome (Maira; Ave Maria), but it turned out to be more garbage than bare fists. What a nipple puller.

Why does a laser rifle even need a stock

>it turned out to be more garbage than bare fists
If you don't play on Hard/Very Hard, load it with JHP and it kills anything with low armour pretty handily. I killed Cazadors with it and lower level bandits without much trouble.

because it'd be harder to aim without one

A gun like that ain't designed to be fired, anyway. It's too gaudy for that shit. It's more of a collector's item.

Long-barrel guns look less silly with a stock.
Also this

fallout lasers have recoil

don't think about it too hard, you might hurt yourself.

the astounding thing about that is the laser itself does not carry mass and does not disrupt objects.

To shoulder it steadily. It's a heavy gun.

why are fallout 4's guns literally magic?

It has a pretty solid DPS for a small pistol thanks to a high rate of fire. I like it for killing weak unarmored humans.

>FNV
>Unique weapons

Literally only like 2 guns over all the main game and dlcs had a unique model.
The rest were just reskins or with exclusive mods you otherwise couldn't normally put on the gun.

FNV has a lot of things going for it over FO:4 but holy shit was custom weapons not the right one to bitch about.

FO:4's weapon customization is one of the things that makes it playable.

>weapons that suddenly shoot magic projectiles or armor that cloaks you for no visible reason

Bethesda couldn't get it right, no matter how much you defend it.

Literally only like 2 guns over all the main game and dlcs had a unique model.

Semm syou haven't played the game lad.

Every single unique weapon had unique texture and in most cases model.

Not even mentioning stats or perks assigned to those weapons like gobi sniper rifle.

Yeah it should give +10 holky damage, just like my generic fantasy RPGs!
What is worldbuilding and characterization? Nonsense!

MF Hyperbreeder. Instead of being a boost of some other weapon it sits alone in a little niche midway between the recycler pistol, laser RCW and gatling laser. I was excited when I realized I've found a weapon I have to figure out how to use.

I meant both texture and model. Nearly every unique weapon in NV had one or the other, even a different texture is good in my book. And there are a lot of them.

The custom weapons system isn't bad in itself, I never said that, but the end result is most of the time just going from a pistol to a rifle and increasing damage output. If you look at some of the fanmade weapons on the nexus many of them make way better use of the modding system than Bethesda themselves did.

>play ghost recon wildlands
>each boss you take down gives you their signature gun
>special attachments and camo
Pretty cool but none of them have any silencers in a game called ghost recon.

I'm tired of this "laser have no recoil" thing.

You're talking about a dispersion of compact energy powerful enough to travel distance and pierce materials in a short burst. That's a fuck ton of energy, the super heated air decompression at muzzle point alone would cause a blast.

>Literally only like 2 guns over all the main game and dlcs had a unique model.
1. There's nothing wrong with reskins.
2. Avenger, Two-Step Goodbye, Light Shining, Nuka Breaker, Lil Devil, Gobi rifle, Bozar, La Longue Carbine, Paciencia, Survivalist's rifle, AER prototype, Smitty's Special, C-Finder aaaand I'm tired of writing them down. You're wrong.

>using energy weapons
>ever

Ah yes, the Ratslayer.

When you can get to it, you no longer need it.

By the time you get it? Yeah it's trash, but it uses certain plentiful ammo pretty well.

Why do competition shooters use an stock on their recoiless air rifles?

Do you no know what reskin means?

Same model with a different texture or a few small extras not not count as a unique model.

You can't spray paint an AK-47 and strap a few mods on it and call it a completely different gun.

you don't have to explain it to me I understand that fallout is bending the rules of physics to get away with portable lasers of that magnitude.

that you take it this seriously in a setting full of radioactive zombies is disconcerting however.

Holorifle nigga

Oh All-American my love.

I wish I could play FO:NV with FO4 gunplay. But after playing FO4, I can't get back to that shitty shooting system now. I've also played FO:NV to death.

>or a few small extras
Moving the goalposts further? Nice. So according to you, an unique version of a gun should be completely unrecognizable from the gun it's based on? That is perfectly logical.

Literally every weapon you listed other than the Nuka Breaker and the C-Finder is a reskin of an existing weapon.....

I thought I couldn't either but I started a new playthrough the other day and got used to it. It's still way more fun than 4 which I always give up on after 5-10 hours.

Wrong.

Hate to go with the Hines argument, but this
Science in Fallout is really soft. Taking every little thing seriously is a fool's errand.

>require less STR
>often better value per weight
>always better value per round
>three types of ammo, all of them fairly common
>Vigilant Recycler covers basically everything you need, for all energy weapons
>incinerate victims or melt them into goo
Jingle jangle is nice but excuse me while I max charge mfc into this fine YCS/186 and ragdoll that deathclaw alpha from halfway across Mojave

Why bother? The mods fix it.

THey all have model changes, though. For example, Joshua's Colt is based on Colt New Agent - it's shorter and has a trench sight instead of classic irons.

Are you kidding? Ratslayer is an incredible weapon.

Every gun is just a thing that shoots other things
Every game really only has two weapons, hitty things and shooty things

Unga bunga, smash 'em

>bought Fallout 4 for about $56 when it was on sale a few months ago
>it runs like shit and never exceeds 15 FPS, stutters, crashes constantly, all while in very low graphics settings, and in the time I take to try to get it working my playtime exceeds 2 hours and I can't refund
Just goes to show:
Sup Forums is always right when they can actually agree on something

>Considering they fucked up everything but the gameplay

but they did fuck up the gameplay

Wasn't that thing worthless anyway since it used up two ammo per shot for just a slight increase in damage?

>new Vegas bullets shoot from the crosshair, not the tip of the gun like fallout 3

why? also why are object hotboxes so shit? I want to use cover but my gun hits the fucking car or whatevet

>Complain that a game can't run on his pathetic toaster

Because pressing the rifle against your shoulder helps stabilizing it.

>Moving the goalposts further?

Unique model and unique skin are completely different.

The Nuka Breaker is a unique model, it functions as a sledgehammer but someone had to completely start from scratch when designing that weapon.

A Light Shining in Darkness is the same base model with a different texture. That is a skin.

AER14 prototype is the same BASE model with a few extras and a different texture. That is a skin.

did you use the unofficial patch? also i would highly recommend the texture mods which not only have better textures but take up less space. bethesda bloated the FUCK out of fo4.

>not modding a bethesda game

Works gud on my machine :^)

>Fallout 3/4
>"Why did they..."

"Bethesda". The answer is, and always will be, "Bethesda". That studio could not write a story or design a game to save their lives. And the worst part is: they're right, the majority of the people who are now buying their games don't give a shit. They just want a flashy shooter with music blaring from the radio and lots of gory explosions.

they made it feel a bit more natural as a shooter, but that's just barely

get that mod that fixes the collision meshes, not that I defend how bad they are or anything

Exactly.

Post webms of Bethesda's hilariously awful grasp of firearm design.

>A Light Shining in Darkness is the same base model
It's not, it's shorter, smaller and has different sights. It's not M1911, it's Colt New Agent.
>the same BASE model with a few extras
That's still, by definition, a different model, because those "few extras" require a different mesh. No matter how much you try to redefine the words. Skin is texture, a flat stuff that is applied to a 3D model.

Man, New Vegas with FO4's combat would be so amazing.

The game is very very very poorly optimized and chugs RAM like a cum hungry faggot.

I don't understand this meme, I can play with the New Vegas combat without issue.

only thing my PC has going for it is a lot of RAM so F4 works perfectly on max everything for me
stop playing on a toaster

>tfw we could have gotten 13 years of fantastic Fallout games from Troika instead of spending all that time locked in Bethesda's prison of shit

If you havnt played fo4 you wouldnt understand. The gunplay is leagues better than new vegas.

recc me some texture mods

The YCS/186 is some ridiculous shit
Not a single rifle can outclass it in sniping
Max charged YCS/186 will fuck up almost every thing

let go, faggot

I've played FO4 and don't agree.

Would Fallout have saved Troika from VtMB killing them?

The one thing FO4 actually improved is the gunplay. It's a lot faster, more dynamic and you don't have to rely on VATS all the time (unless sniping from a distance). Enemies actually use cover now and flank you, or climb to higher vantage points.

I don't hold it aginst NV though since they had to work with FO3's shitty engine and most of its assets.

My main issue with the gunplay of NV is the way enemies behave. The shitty pathfinding and shitty animations makes them incredibly unpredictable just because they're spazzing around just trying to chase you. FO4 wasn't as bad at this.

I would say almost any half decent FPS has better gunplay than NV. It's pretty hard to defend that engine

Yes, but it's in the same weight class as the modded sniper rifle, which is easier to get.

Yes, only if they made their game 3D/FPS hybrid.
Their last game would have been the third one if they made another isometric RPG.

A lot of people shit on F4, and I remember my own negative feelings towards it when I played it after it came out.
However, I reinstalled it recently and it's not that bad, I'm having a lot of fun. It's your typical bethesda game, perhaps with a little weaker story han usual.

Shut your mouth, the gold will fall out.

>redefine the words

Apparently taking basic 3D modelling terms used by programs like Unreal, 3DSmax aswell as real gun manufacturers is "redefining" words.

Jesus fuck, you FNV fanboys are cancer.

YCS bullet is not affected by physics and has no max range. It will travel in a straight line until it hits something. Basically, if you can see something, you can blow its head off.

>game had no revolver-shaped energy weapons
Missed opportunity.

You might want to take a look at this

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59149/?

still had more variety in terms of weapons and combat than FNV

With that logic all rifles are reskins of the base one, all pistols are, etc.

You do realize every single model is based on one single basic model, right? You never start from scratch with modeling unless the weapon you're making has a unique animation set.

>gun manufacturers
>using a term like "skin"
Really makes me think.

Anyway, according to you every single AR-15 variant is the same gun, regardless of caliber, barrel length or accessories. Fuck off.