Removing the time limit to Atelier games was a mistake

Removing the time limit to Atelier games was a mistake.

Indeed

i played the Arland series. was cute as fuck, albeit a bit aimless. redpill me on Dusk & Mystery.

You mean a good idea

I disagree. I play those games to self-insert as a little girl. Last thing I want is a ticking clock.

The pressure from the time limits is what made these games fun. And you're saying little girls have bad time management?

Is it as bad as sophie?

having the time limit just disguised that all the zones in arland were tiny as fuck and most of the tasks were literal mmo fetch quests

make the player busy enough so that they don't realize what a lazy rushed piece of shit our game is

remove it, and the trash is 100% on display

>Removing the time limit to Atelier games was a mistake.
only if you're autistic
>The pressure from the time limits is what made these games fun.
Nah looking at a cutes and fapping to them is fun. Also crafting.

>Nah looking at a cutes and fapping to them is fun. Also crafting.
Alchemists aren't for lewd, user.

>let's force the player to play less of our game, that's a good idea

What makes a game good is mixing the presentation with a interesting gameplay loop and challenges, the time limit helped provide that.

>pressure from the time limits is what made these games fun
Yes, coming home from work and dealing with more time related stress really gets me excited user. These games are way more comfy now

>once i beat the game i can never ever ever touch it or do anything with it ever again

was your first console the ps2, by chance? just asking.

you mean making it open world and they blew their budget on this. notice how shit the game looks compared to sophie. well its because they used all their money on just making it open world.

they should bring back awesome spritework like mana khemia if they keep making games for babbys.

Meruru and Totori were open world more or less, that worked

Totori's exploring was pretty great, lots of areas had dangerous monsters when you first go in that you could get absolutely stomped by. I wish the ng+ carried over your relics like boots of speed and such though.

>b-but it's c-comfier this way
Fuck everyone who thinks this.

Anyways, what really killed Atelier was the subpar characters and their interactions

Literally nothing wrong with time limits and the game progressing without you.

>i play games once and no more

im assuming you didnt even play firis. its nothing like totori/ meruru and they looked 100x better they also were not open world.