Why would anyone want this?

Why would anyone want this?

I don't understand the appeal at all. Is it really only selling because of zelda?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RAEgP7qsfvc
amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK?tag=b0c55-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no but because nintendo

absolute fucking trash is okay if nintendo does it

Because it's a good console and Nintendo make some really good first party games. Plus it's a portable console.

To be able to play console games in portable mode, at least for me.

Wii U crashed even with the same exact fucking games as Switch has

so not an argument

the only reason is that toddlers can play protable

The appeal of buying Nintendo systems are the Nintendo games.

>it's not an argument if I don't agree with it

People who dont play videogames love nintendo

can't you fucking read you monkey?

IT HAS THE WII U GAMES

WII U FAILED

THEREFORE THE WII U GAMES ARE NOT THE SYSTEM SELLING POINT

Switch owners want games made by Nintendo. Is this so difficult to understand?

>Plus it's a portable console

Most games aren't fun if they're portable though. Trying to play a proper singleplayer game on the go is just awkward and uncomfortable. It's like pulling out your laptop and trying to play an RPG on the subway. Even if it runs well and is comfortable then the nature of it being portable kills any feeling of immersion. It's like the equivalent of masturbating in public.

youtube.com/watch?v=RAEgP7qsfvc

This thing overheats and throttles when docked while playing BOTW, the throttling causes FPS drops

Switch is officially a piece of shit

This is what I was thinking. I just can't imagine these new AAA multiplats coming to the switch. I'll eat my own socks if that wasnt the case.

It's used to play video games annon. Thats the only thing it does. So if you don't like to play video games, then it may not be for you.

If you like Nintendo games, then I guess it's worth the purchase. But personally, I can't name a single nintendo game that I've enjoyed over the past 10 years. They all suffer the exact same problems:

>they're way too casual
>they're cinematic garbage
>too much content is cut out or held back as DLC, or they make the games pay2win
or
>they pander way too hard to the esports crowd with ugly multiplayer

Not a single game they've made this gen is immune to these issues. Each is guilty of at least one problem.

why would anyone want anything at all?

Children and manchildren love their shit-tier platformers

got one off craigslist this morning for 280 including zelda. person didn't like it. gg.

>Why would anyone want this?

For Nintendo Games.

it's for the Wii U audience, so no one

and portable players which are legitimately underage or autistic

What the fuck are you going on about. Seriously, that makes no sense. Throw in some fucking headphones and what is the difference.

Does your couch teleport you into the game your playing? You,may want to market that shit if so.

Is Nintendo making new games for the Wii U?

Too casual lol. There's definitely truth to that. My 4 year old niece beat super Mario 3d world all by herself. I thought it was amazing but then I played it for myself and I finished it in 5 hours and got all the coins in each level(the big coins). Only difficult part was probably the clone levels.

To this date I have never beat super Mario world or 64. I really want to beat world though.

Because it's a handheld that's getting all of Nintendo's games plus some multiplats which aren't coming out on other pocket devices.

>I don't want it so why would anyone else

Gamers really are entitled. Movie lovers, book lovers, even TV lovers dont have this attitude. Fuck off.

>I play my PC games in windowed and 6'' windows

People want nintendo games. No one wants nintendo consoles.

The graphics don't get upgraded significantly because it's always marketed with some weird gimmick, so you just end up spending a couple hundred dollars to play new nintendo games that look only marginally better + some weird gimmick that you don't even want like portable play

No one is excited about buying a new nintendo console. Nintendo just holds you hostage because of their exclusives.

>To this date I have never beat super Mario world or 64
I beat that shit at 7 you're just a 4 y/o

Lmao this. Hilarious the underage retards try to piss, scream and whine even when people give good reasons

>Why do you want this
>Because of these things
>YEAH WELL THAT'S WRONG FUCK YOU REEE DRONE

here's your monitor

It can be played as a handheld or on the TV. There are several games announced for it that I want.

>Hostage

Ah, I see we have a nu-pirate in the thread. I tip to you, fellow nu pirate.

>Movie lovers, book lovers, even TV lovers dont have this attitude.
You seem delusional enough to have a Switch.

Guess the games weren't good enough to sell the Wii U

peer pressure in form of manchild gaming cred and karma/retweet potential. it will be the most deprecated plastic toy of our era in 2 years.

Interesting gimmick (portable console) and good marketing.

Plus, good first parties (splatoon2, Zelda) and some third parties (skyrim).

Yeah, everyone played skyrim, but not skyrim on the go.

Yeah you may play skyrim on Nvidia Shield but then again; good marketing and recognizeble brands.

Nintendo's continued existence seems to offend them for some reason. Some days, I wonder why. Did a R.O.B.touch them as a child or something?

>Why do people want thing
>Because of this
>REEE THAT'S WRONG

kek

Someone explain this logic to me.

>people say Nintendo games are amazing because they have high metacritic scores
>game journos give high scores to sony and MS games
>these people say that sony and MS bribe them and that game journos secretly hate Nintendo
>but they give Nintendo games high scores
>which means Nintendo is either bribing them, or game journos like Nintendo, but that can't be since everyone says the industry is against Nintendo

And don't give me that broken clock garbage. When you hate someone, you never give them a single bit of leeway no matter what, especially when you're not getting anything out of it.

The fucking chainsaw levels man. To be fair, I was actually 4 myself and it was the second game I ever played in my life. At the time ps1 was a thing and n64 too. I ended up playing these new generations of games and had nerd gasms. I'm kinda glad I got to experience gaming the way I did. Much better than my younger brothers absolute shit taste in games.

Guess nintendo games weren't good enough to sell the Wii U

But hey, releasing the same games again on the Switch will suddenly make them good enough or something

face it, the only possible mass appeal with this thing is the portable aspect, in other words, kids might like it

And Wii U had shit marketing and several other issues coming with the console, your argument is so shit it might as well not be one

Nintendo games and the added benefit of a portable console for people who travel a lot. No other reasons exist really.

Guess not enough people wanted a Wii U because of nintendo games

people just didn't think it was worth getting for the nintendo games

I have two friends who got this garbage and basically their defense is. "Well nintendo is gonna release more games for it, their lineup for next year looks alright". And they want to support nintendo because they love nintendo. I guess it's cool if you know that all the games coming for it you'll enjoy. But I honestly can't see myself owning a console just for fucking splatoon 2 and mario. From what they've announced so far I'm not that excited. The lineup is ok I guess, but it's still sparse, and the things that are there aren't that exciting. I'll probably get one when they get things like new smash, new pikmin, new bayo, new wario game, new animal crossing. But for now pc and ps4 are good enough for me. Plus I just got a wii u recently so I'm just gonna pick up all the good games for that now that they're all like 20 bucks

>has never beaten SMW or SM64
>has the nerve to call other people casual
No John, you are the casuals

I'm looking forward to the return of Fire Emblem and Story of Seasons to consoles. That, Zelda, a 3d Mario, and whatever else they do? Sounds worth it to me. I'm glad that you're enjoying games just as I am, user!

Pikmin is confirmed and coming within the next few months

but you didn't buy a wii u because those games weren't good enough back then

but now that they release them again they suddenly are

>implying normies, who were the majority of the Wii buyers give/know even the slightest of shit about that

okay so normies don't look at games they buy but instead only the console, got it, games don't matter

You would think this thing is ideal for kids. Children fucking LOVE tablets (sometimes i feel like they're the main demographic for those things) and most of the games will be kids friendly i suppose.

Thing is, all people I've witness it buy or own were all grown men. Kids around me (mostly my gf's little brothers) are happy with their 3ds and tablets. So yeah, i dunno.

I already gave my reason. Get off my back.

What if I said I beat blackthorne all by myself before any of my older cousins?
made me feel good when they freaked out and congratulated me.

The traditional game console is a box that you semi-permanently install in your house. Turns out that's exactly the same CONOPS as a PC. Historically, consoles were still competitive with (or even superior to) PCs because of:
1. Ergonomics (from controllers)
2. Cost
3. Greater selection of games

Basically all of these advantages have disintegrated over time. You can use controllers for most games on PC now, and while PCs are still more expensive than consoles upfront, PC games see much steeper price drops, so you can make it up over time. And, rather than having fewer games, PCs now have arguably the greatest available selection of all, albeit without a few very specific major exclusives. Not only that, but PCs are easier to upgrade over time, allowing them to stay up-to-date with technology on the leading edge, compared to consoles which are stuck on a periodic development cycle.

As a result, it is unlikely that the traditional console (a box you semi-permanently install next to your TV) will continue to be a thing in the long term. In order for consoles to survive, they have to bring something to the table that PCs cannot. Sony's best strategy here, in my opinion, is entry-level VR, which would otherwise be a huge investment. Long term though, PCs will almost certainly regain the advantage there.

The Switch does something very different-- it offers a totally unique CONOPS that PCs will never be able to match. People complain that the Switch has shitty graphics, but that's not really a valid complaint, because consoles will never reliably be able to win the graphics war ever again, so even trying is arguably futile. They could potentially win the CONOPS war, though, and that's what the Switch is trying to do.

I haven't bought one, but I'm tempted, and it's because the Switch can do things that my PC can't and will never be able to.

The majority of them just know a title or two and then get what is reccomended to them, they don't search autisticaly about future releases and third parties. Maybe if you had any amount of friends you would know that

You should. World is great.

Go for 96 exits

I can only see the first point being even remotely valid.

real question, why didn't they just make it stream the image to your television through a chromecast tier device? you know, the Wii U gamepad but in reverse

wifi is good enough to support proper 1080p 60fps low latency and good quality

Why not just have the dock?

I live in an adult world where my friends don't play video games

all you are saying that the games don't matter but what's advertised to them, neat

you could have multiplayer where one player sees the game on TV and the other on the tablet

The real question user.... Is why didn't Nintendo just make a legit console and at the same time release the switch later to replace the 3ds. Boom, best if both worlds. You get double profit.

>I live in the real adult world
>I don't know what advertisment does
>I browse 4chin
This is the last (You) you get of me and it's just out of pity

>I live in an adult world where my friends don't play video games
This isn't 1997.

Doesn't seem worth all the flaws that comes with not having a dock.

yes, in 2017 there are large parts of society that don't play video games

It probably sold as well because of Zelda, had it launched without the most anticipated Zelda game since Ocarina of Time then it's probably only fans who'd buy it. Especially after the shitshow that was Wii U.

The steamlink with wifi is the reason why it's not an option. It's shit.

the dock does nothing really

but if you for whatever reason want it, why not have both? you being able to stream to the dock

1 in 6 people owned a PS2.

What good is a console, though, if it has terrible gameplay performance? Who cares if you can bring it with you when it can barely maintain 20 FPS, which results in a ton of input lag?

It charges it, allows for overclocking, provides a higher quality connection very little delay, and is less resource intensive.

you're probably one of those retards just assuming everyone is american, kill yourself

even worse if you think that over 1 billion people had a PS2

okay so you bought the Wii U so you are part of the nintentodd audience and not representative of normies

*barely maintain 30fps in zelda
*only while docked
*doesnt actually effect gameplay t. someone who has beaten the game twice on switch

You sound like you've never even played it.

special snowflake terms for saying it's a HDMI converter and a charger

also dodged half of it, though I know you will say nintendo is cheapo since that's the reason

But I buy consoles for the games. Scorpio is going to be pretty powerful for a console but it dosen't have the games I want so I could not care less about.

>framerate doesn't affect gameplay
Some of us don't like looking at slideshow presentations. Stop defending this.

The scorpio is a joke because the XBONE has less games than the PS4.

Ooooh, my self-esteem will never recover. I play baby games like SoS and Zelda. I'm in my first summer in Trio of Towns and I'm just starting Breath of the Wild. Feels good, man.

as I said you are not representative of normies

>Why would anyone want this?

Children want it because 'can't let go of muh games on car trips'.

Neat but it still isn't enough to sell me on the console. Gonna wait for more worthwhile games to trickle in. If anything I'll probably pick it up on black Friday next year when it comes in some new deluxe version bundle and the hardware has all the kinks worked out and improved and the library is worth owning.

I'm a white collar, government office worker! It's tough to get more normie than that, user.

you bought a wii u

This is an American website.

not anymore but even so every popular english forums and boards are international

guess every youtuber and youtube commenter is american too

Cause 1 2 switch is a 10/10 casual party game

You've totally missed the point.

The NES came out in 1985, the same year as Back to the Future. The visuals on the NES were orders of magnitude worse that those in Back to the Future. Why would anyone have bought an NES when they could have just watched awesome movies like Back to the Future?

Answer: because movies aren't video games. Video games let you experience content in a fundamentally different way than movies. Even though visuals are important, it doesn't matter that the visuals of the NES were worse than movies, because people were buying the NES for something other than *just* the visuals.

It's like that with the Switch. Sure the visuals could be better, and if the idea catches on, they almost certainly will become so. What matters is that the Switch lets you interact with the game in a different way; specifically, one not purely confined to your own chair.

>framerate affects only visuals

It's not selling

That's why its down to $320 on amazon

amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK?tag=b0c55-20

The dock is better than having to plug in a charger and it's better for advertising to dumb normies.

>framerate affects only visuals

wat

imagine having both then, the dock acting as the chromecast tier device, so you can stream to the dock or just use the dock

I prefer this, actually. I'm pretty happy that I only have to buy one console for all the Nintendo games from here on out

cheaper to make games only for a single platform

if only a single platform is available and '''''''''does''''''''' both tasks then it will get sales from both markets

>down to $320
nigga msrp is 300
also those are scams, they're all accounts made today. that shit is rampant.