What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JS5t4hpHe34
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he was a nigger

The reapers

Fuck, I remember this game looking way better than this. In fact, I'm gonna go binge-watch some announcement videos for early 360 games.

came here to post that

He was mad that he was in a shit game

>that crazy elaborate bonus quest in SR2 where you find out what happened to Troy, Dex and Julius.
>Troy and Dex got real jobs while Julius sells you out to Ultor and you kill him.
That was so cool to see in a game that just felt like a wacky GTA knockoff up until then.

Yeah

That part was the Saints Row ending for me

>What's happened to you?!
>I woke up.

And I have got to disagree with you on the 'wacky GTA knockoff', the Brotherhood questline was dramatic as fuck.

Even the Kenshin questline was great. Jamaican Zombies was wacky shit but fighting the voodoo henchman was pretty cool.

>the Brotherhood questline was a pissing contest between Maero and the Boss that just resulted in huge collateral damages and the lost of loved ones/loyal friends on both sides
>it all started because they met peacefully but couldn't agree on terms because Maero didn't want to appear weak by submitting to the 'new guy' on the block while the Boss wanted to be top dog again and was greedy

That shit seriously caught me off guard.

Literally you.
I mean, your character was his problem.
Julius did nothing wrong.

He was the real hero of the story.

So you're just gonna forgive him for staging your assassination?

Protag was a piece of shit.

Wouldn't Maero have heard of the menace the Boss was in the first game? I'd have given the guy at least 50% of the city if I was Maero

He was a loyal lap dog until Julius decided to just blow him the fuck up.

>mute and followed your orders
>he's the piece of shit

Fuck off, Jules.

He wasn't the Boss back then. He was a grunt, only the Saints and Ben were the only ones who still knew who he was and the shit he was capable of. Maero knew of the Saints and the Boss, but that meant jack shit at the start of SR2.

His problem was you player.

not the flood?

>Julius Little: "You tellin' me if I woulda asked you to walk away you would have said yes?"
>The Protagonist: "Fuck no, this is my city."
Julius didn't have any other choice.

And Jules was also the one who made the Boss who he is. I would have had more respect for that piece of shit if he had offed himself in the process.

Was there someone more based than Ben King in the entire series?

Does this game still hold up and is it worth playing now?

Carlos wascool

The Boss would have stood down, then Julius killed him and his Mazoku ancestry was awakened which made him even more evil.

SR1 doesn't hold up, but it's worth playing so you can enjoy SR2 (which holds up great) more.

Julius geniuely had good intentions and wanted to save his city from gangs. It's just his method of building up a new gang to stop the old ones is always doomed to fail. if someone is psycho enough to eliminate entire gangs why the fuck would that person stop? He basically groomed the boss from a bystander into something worse than what he was originally fighting against.

I fucking hate how sanitized the boss and the saints became in 3 and beyond.

Fuck you.

Get up.

I forgot about Aisha, she was pretty cool too

When the boss killed Julius it was the first time I didn't like my created character.

>His whimpers
>The boss desperately trying to kick the chain off
>The boss holding his hand

That scene fucked me up man

He was a traitorous faggot, but in the end he probably did the right thing. Boss is a fucking psychopat really
Wasn't it Dex who set up both of you?

Yeah, the boss was never fighting for anything other than to satisfy his megalomania, but I still side with him cuz that nigga Julius blew me the fuck up.

SR1 is very enjoyable to be honest, I played it for the first time 4 years ago I think and replayed it 2 times since then. And 2 is 11/10

>chained to open bed truck
>boss doesn't just plop him in the bed and carefully drive to a hospital or somewhere to get the chain off at least
It was a sad scene until I noticed this. The Boss is a dumbshit

Yeah, Dex just wanted to deal with two birds with one stone

Still pissed we never got to kill him

>The Boss is a dumbshit
He's the dumbest fucker in the game

>Dex

What did he do? I can't recall much but wasn't it Troy who set you up so that he can get rid of all the gangs in the city? He even made Police Chief afterwards. I remember something about Dex working with Ultor though.

He's in Gat Outta Hell. "Underwhelming" is too generous too describe what happens with him

The boss was panicking and Carlos would have probably bled out before they got to a hospital

Did you play Gat out of Hell? He was in it. All the NPCs were the exact same, except him because he wore a hat and called you a motherfucker a couple of times. Also they didn't spell Stilwater right.

On a volition stream they said the mocap actor shot the scene at the end of SR1 incorrectly. He was supposed to run away in shock when the boat exploded.

>shoulda gimme %80 Maero
>no I don't care that I'm a nobody :)
I like the Boss for their flaws, though, so it's fine
Excuses, excuses

>The Third Street Saints hold a birthday party for lieutenant Kinzie Kensington (Natalie Lander) on their spaceship, but while playing a game of Ouija Board with a board that once belonged to Aleister Crowley, they unwittingly contact Satan (Travis Willingham), who proclaims that The Boss will marry his daughter Jezebel (Kate Reinders). Satan drags the Boss down to Hell, with Saints lieutenant Johnny Gat (Daniel Dae Kim), as well as Kinzie, volunteering to rescue them.[7]

>Upon arriving, they find Ultor Corporation has a branch in Hell and suspect former Saints enemy, Dane Vogel (Jay Mohr), is responsible. Vogel denies involvement, but admits he is taking advantage of Hell's economy, offering to help the Saints save the Boss. Meanwhile, Jezebel is rebelling against her father, as Satan declares her a possession to him. Vogel helps Johnny and Kinzie get Satan's attention by going around Hell and gaining allies such as Kiki (Ashly Burch) & Viola DeWynter (Sasha Grey), William Shakespeare (Liam O'Brien), Blackbeard (Matthew Mercer), and Vlad the Impaler (Liam O'Brien).

what the fuck happened

>I fucking hate how sanitized the boss
I hate it so much. There aren't many non-RPG where we can play as a total maniacal asshole

>implying anyone who worked on SR1 or 2 is even still there
I remember when they showed off that unfinished PSP port of SR2, literally one guy at the entire company knew what it was.

Dex dropped out of the Saints to work for Ultor, and then led Julius and the Boss to the same spot so that Ultor assassins could kill them both.

Troy wanted the Saints to step down peacefully and turn themselves in, but Julius knew the Boss wouldn't give up, so he just blew him the fuck up. Troy used a lot of money to keep the Boss alive for reasons which escape me right now.

Dex wanted Julius and the Boss dead. He sent in the Ultor hit squad.

Troy feels guilt over selling out the other Saints leadership. It's why the boss was kept alive those years. He can even become one of your homies.

>SR2 had a huge variety of areas despite being set in the same city as 1
>you had residential suburbs, projects, a farmland area, a secret military base, underwater wrecks, underground cavern system that's also a tourist spot, a futuristic city, industrial areas, downtown areas, a pretty big shopping mall, a prison area, a pier merchant square, etc.

>SR3 has a single aesthetic repeated ad nauseam
>SR4 sets the game in the same city with added red sky and same alien towers

Hurts so bad.

They went the lolrandom xdd route.

Volition fell for the "SR is wacky!!!!" meme. Actually THQ forced 3 into a more lighthearted direction in a bid to get the masses attention because they were slowly dying & trying so hard to stop it. 3 was the best-selling game in the series(not enough for THQ tho) so they just kept going

I mean in SR2 bonus mission. Basically Troy was an undercover cop in the Saints, he arrested Julius and persuaded him that getting rid of the gang will be the best for the city. Most of the members surrendered and got their crimes forgotten, Dex even became chief of security in Ultor, but since Boss would never step down Julius had to get rid of him by blowing him up. Later when the Saints returned, Ultor wanted to get rid of them, so Dex lured both boss and Julius into a trap when Boss calls him. You can get his number and find recordings confirming that Jules blown you up in the police headquarters in SR2. Troy, even though he helped to destroy the original Saints and became chief of police was bro to the end, he gave amnesty or lighter senteces to Sains that surrendered and helped them get away with stuff in SR2

Everything went to shit after 2.
3 was too lel random and it just got worse because normies eat that shit up.

Yeah, I liked the Boss especially for all of his flaws, then he just became a friendly neighbourhood gangster.

That was super disappointing how bad the city in SR3 was

I kept hoping it would get better as i played more but it was always just shit

IT'S NOT THE LOS CARNALES, IT'S JUST THE CARNALES

LOS MEANS- FUCK IT

Go to hell Dex.

Not to mention all the secrets in the game, like that secret crypt with blowup dolls in the graveyard and those weird greek-style ruins in the middle of the sea.

Everyone was really likeable for their flaws, even the enemies.
God I wish SR2 PC port is flawless and has all the DLC

Was there ever the series which got fucked so bad in such a short time? They even had a perfect opportunity to fix it with the "rewrite storyline" ending of GooH but decided to make a FUCKING MOBA instead or whatever this thing even is

Shit I forgot another important one

>old Stilwater underground

I'm still amazed they managed to expand so much on the same fucking city.

Stilwater is one of the best open world cities in my opinion. I played through SR2 probably at least 6 or 7 times and yet I find something new and interesting on my every plathrough. And the map isn't even that big.

>MOBA
Wait what

Julius was NOT supposed to blow you up at the end of Saint's Row. It was the fault of lazy animators.

Watch Flippy's video about it. The Volition devs even admit it wasn't their idea.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JS5t4hpHe34

About 5 mins in the devs are talking about some random crew animating the ending and getting it wrong. So rather than fix it they just go with it.

So that's why Julius betrays you. Because lazy devs.

Funny thing is though that SR2 is in my all time top 10.

Let 'em make a new IP you autist, they already said it's an alternate universe and not SR-canon. Save your REEEEEs for if the next SR is just more of 3 & 4
Agents of Mayhem, new IP. It's not a MOBA but the inclusion of multiple playable characters scared people & made them think it was

Agents of Mayhem or whatever. Was never too interested in it, but from what I know they're making an Overwatch clone with cartoon graphics instead of another Singleplayer SR game

Oh that one.
Isn't it obviously looks like Crackdown though?

So who was going to blow up the ship originally and why was Julius there?

>Isn't it obviously looks like Crackdown though?

Doesn't play like Crackdown at all, from the videos. It doesn't even look like a properly focused game either, just a mess of mechanics instead.

We haven't heard anything about it or Volition for a while though, so hopefully it's being tanked.

Yep, Crackdown but wacky & with multiple characters.
It's single-player only, actually. Would it kill you to look into it a little bit before acting like SR is being killed or neglected

If you watch the video they explain it was supposed to be left ambigious

Julius was supposed to be seen running down an alleyway broken and bleeding like he just escaped somebody capturing him

Ah I only watched the reveal trailer

>Saints Row was supposed to take part in Red Faction's universe

I still believe it takes place in an alternate universe where Ultor managed to kill the Boss and wipe out the Saints.

And Deep Silver didn't even get it when THQ was selling all of its IP

Saint's Row is pretty much a textbook example on going to far on tone. The boss from 3 onwards is basically nathan drake, a lovable rogue which fucked up his whole arc. Shandi went from a stoner fuck-up to a whole new character, gat should have stayed dead. All the new companions were so wacky they ended up being boring. everything ended up so cartoonish nothing mattered anymore.

I think the story is the most dissappointing part of 3. The boss has 0 edge and several key story points happen off screen. Like, most people didn't even realize loren (the guy who killed gat) died. The boss brutally murdered a rival's girlfriend for killing a dude he knew for a few months. Hell, you don't even get to kill most of the gang leaders!

>most people didn't even realize loren (the guy who killed gat) died.
but he dies on-screen
you crush him under a giant globe

Not really. You don't see him actually getting crushed or his mutilated body afterwards. It's more implied that he got crashed. Anyway, he got killed WAY too early in the story for someone supposed to be the main bad guy. They should have went with a 3 separate plot lines again really, with a longer than usual STAG epilogue.

>saints row 2:

>the boss and gat bury shogo alive, then let his father burn to death
>murders the general's crazy voodoo henchman and disrupts his drug empire before killing him
>gives maero radioactive burns before killing his girlfriend and then maero himself

>saints row 3

>kills loren quickly and painlessly
>takes in viola into the gang instead of killing her
>lets MATT FUCKING LIVE
>not only lets killbane live but SHOOTS A MOVIE WITH HIM
>simply drives STAG out of the city instead of destroying it

Why is Saint Row 3 and all after that so shit?

>Tfw Saint's Row will never be good again

I think Saint's Row 3 had some great gameplay and ideas, but the tone was so fucking inconsistent. Feels like the devs want to address things like Gat's death properly but OH NOOOOO

sad.

It hurts so much, I have no idea why the devs decided they have to firstly make a fucking boring as fuck stock map and then just make the game into WACKY LE MEME :-DD

Was I the only person that immersed myself and pretended the boss was a literal hobo that got caught in the crossfire? I kept him dressed in a doo rag and raggedy jacket the whole game.

He was in Saints Row The Third?

Don't you wreck the truck as the mission to save him in the first place? Dude was beyond fucked anyway even if he did live who the heck would want to? Entire back skin and scalp torn off

You wreck the truck to the point it can't be driven to get it to stop, so that's out of the question. Not to mention mercy killing him was probably better than having him to through surgeries to get half his fucking skin back. Even if it did work out, he'd never be the same.