>>371748725

I tried Wolf 3D a few years back, played like 2 levels then quit. It isn't really that good.

I tried Doom recently and actually finished it. ID improved pretty fast. Although Doom wasn't as good as all it's dicksuckers say it was, it was still playable and fun in 2017. Quake is fun too especially the expansions which are legit good.

>my all-time favorite game is Far Cry 2 for christsake!
Aaand dropped.
Hell, I spent countless hours playing and modding Wolf3D mere 10-12 years ago, and it was still great.

>Far Cry 2 is shit
lol, way to prove that you're just fucking stupid

actually it was fucking badass, finding secret rooms with weapon caches was fun as shit even as a young lad.

>Portal
>FPS

Lost me

>wtf i played pong and the story sucks

sure, if you have the mental capacity of the average chimp

It was good at the time, as in it was the only thing like it out when it was released.

It's to be expected that a game like that would be lacking when you compare it to what evolved from it, it's pretty much the bare bones that shooters evolved from.

Still doesn't make it any less significant than it is in the history of fps's.

but it was outdated the day it came out, both mechanics wise and graphically, consumers already had access to far superior games

Like?

No, I'm just not a retarded consoletard with absolutely disgusting taste and no standards.

>wheels are stupid, all they are is round. 2 stars, I guess cars use them sometimes.

For fucks sake, the Genesis and SNES was out already that point, with great games, are you fucking retarded or something?

you're fucking hilarious

Answer the question, faggot.

What first person shooters came out at the same time as or before wolfenstine 3d that you would consider superior? Also what would make them superior?

Ore are you just talking out of your own ass?

And you're fucking pathetic. So?

Sounds like someone couldn't play on daddy's pc growing up. Can't wait for the next update in his blog where he pretends doom doesn't deserve its praise.

Far Cry 2 was shit

The only comparable game at the time was Ultima Underworld which required a monster of a computer to run.

Wow, so if you make a tech demo before the hardware is even mature enough to support a good game in this genre and it's impressive, that alone makes that game good? You're a fucking imbecile, how hard is it to rub two fucking brain cells together and see that mechanically it's so dead simple that a it's practically a game for six year olds. You don't see anyone hailing tic-tac-toe as a great milestone in board game history do you?

Wolf 3D is okay, the lack of armor really hurts it though

just the comeback you can expect from a small-minded moron

far cry 2 is a shallow unfinished game and its boring as fuck

Old games had simpler mechanics huh... wow.. really made me think.

no they didn't, old games for children like the ones you enjoyed playing had simpler mechanics, adults actually played proper games

No one thinks Wolf 3D is a great game. There's a reason people still play Doom and not Wolf 3D.

I mean just the way damage is randomized is fucking garbage.

Says an Xbot who thinks the literal prime example of modern, generic Bloom & Blur + Ubisoft "openworld" design would be anything but literal shit. It was always a VERY poorman's Stalker wannabe, and it hasn't changed.

stellar review retard

calm down ubicuck go play your open world cardboard tasting game

Wolf3D was good for its time, but Doom is better in literally ever way.

why don't you go back and play Binding of Isaac like the other retads, people like you are the reason why the market flooded with indie trash these days, companies like EA and Ubisoft actually drive innovation while you still play retarded little dungeon crawlers with shit graphics

I came in here to laugh at you.

cardboard is still a magnitude better than shit

>companies like EA and Ubisoft actually drive innovation

Icycalm thinks Doom is bad too, don't worry.
Icy is that you?

This review is some serious-ass cancer. That whole blog is an enormous example of Poe's Law. Any individual as radioactively autistic as the author should be put down for their own safety.

Ken's Labyrinth was a million times better.

It's what you do, mostly because you are incapable of learning anything valuable

Always take the clamman with a grain of salt but I agree with his takes on this and Doom.

Care to explain me who makes the most technically impressive engines in the world wiseass?

what a long ass way to say things I don't like are autistic. thanks OP

I always thought this game was shit.

I thought Goldeneye was pretty neat for awhile but I think that was more the friends I had at the time and the limited game selection on the Nogames64.

I mean christ sakes what other game has AI so bad it can fail the mission for you before you even enter the level.

that's a really weird way of saying that i don't like you

Definitely not "all-our-games-are-full-of-bugs" Ubisoft or "ten-years-on-one-engine" EA. geT Out, IcyCaLM, you're an AUtistic faggot.

that's some interesting points you are making there

I doubt Carmack and the boys care if their games are art or not.

Croteam.

I've never seen a rabid defense of Wolfenstein 3D like this. Not even nostalgia can explain this kind of devotion. What the heck is going on here?

your friends aren't hipsters, don't worry

It's a good game and the reviewer is an autistic manchild who still lurks Sup Forums in his early 30s desperately trying to bring back the days of his former shitposting glory.

>being this paranoid

Don't even try, Icy. You can't hide your ugly writing style and typical swears even if you try. It's not your fault, after all — you're an autistic twat.

I'm not Icy you retarded fucktard, go suck a dick faggot

Doom is that good though
It needs more dick sucking

and you're just the right faggot for the job

Where do you think you are?

>It's a good game
No it's not. Even back then the only thing motivating people to play it was the novelty of FPS, the graphics, violence, etc. That was all anyone talked about, how cool it was, not how much fun it was. It was a bad boring game even back then.

Wolf 3D plays good IMO
It may not be as good as Doom but imagining being in 1992 with all the other shareware trash it's easy to see why people hyped it.
In one episode you've basically played the whole game. People who loved it and wanted more easily bought the whole package. While many beat it and moved on to the next computer fad.

When I play it today, it's simple but the basic combat is fun. Compare it to it's knockoffs like Blake Stone and you see why Wolf did the best it could.

Blake has more interactivity but it pays a price when it comes to shooting with guns that pack no punch. It gets old faster than Wolfenstein, and Blake is one of the better ones as there are dozens.

anyone else really hate how close minded Sup Forums is? really makes me angry when I see some loser neckbeard making fun of EA or ubisoft...

being cool and violent is a part of being fun. Also, Wolfenstein has a great visual aesthetic going for it, a mix of every dumb action trope in existance, culminating with mecha Hitler. And don't forget the deliberately slow gameplay, akin to dungeon crawlers. It was a unique fun experience and there isn't quite anything like it even now. Even Doom was a completely different beast. Are you possibly autistic?

Everyone knows its not good anymore. Cant wait for how much he complains about being shit at quake though

> Have you actually played it? Well, I hadn’t either, not until very recently that is, and then only for ten or so minutes, solely for the purposes of this review, so as to be able to say that I have indeed played it.

I clicked in the article and gave him +1 view, now you guys don't need to do it!

It was the game that pretty much put id on the map moreso than commander keen.

>expecting someone to wade through 10hrs of shit to determine, that it's actually shit

@371759852

xD

In hindsight, the Model T Ford is a piece of shit as well. Doesn't make it any less important.

No, Model T actually had something called merit.

What an awful thread

to have autism

>tfw can't run Wolf3d mods on Windows 7
Wolf Skevos Jones had the best mods though

I hate Wolfenstein games because they're anti-Nazi propaganda

far cry 2 is a driving simulator. it's shit. if the check points didn't respawn it might be a passable fps but it gets real old real fast fighting the same fucktards over and over again.

The only good thing about Far Cry 2 was setting bushes on fire and using grenade launcher.

>t. autistic completionist

the only good thing about your mom is that she tried

2D Genesis and SNES games were a dime a dozen in 1992. Wolf3D was doing something new and original for the time

this really is Sup Forums: the blog

>id
>first big name indie
coincidence?

blake also had the super unfortunate timing of coming out RIGHT as Doom did