Missed me, Sup Forums?

Missed me, Sup Forums?

no
mass effect 3 nuked the franchise which is why they had to soft reboot in another galaxy

To this day I can't understand how they got away with this.

Why do people hate the ending now again? I was okay with it.

thats because you are a fucking retard who didnt pay attention to the story

No need to curse at me. I get it, you are a pissed off NEET reflecting his own problems at others.

I did pay attention to the story and I have played through the game 3 times, and I always pick the destroy ending. The endings weren't very good at first but then they released the extended cut DLC which fixed most of it.

Maybe I am not as fastidious as most people tend to be here. In relation to them I actually enjoy games.

no you are just a retard

Got you by the balls NEET.

ez

What the fuck makes you think they got away with it when they got massive shit for it?

sure thing retard

not really

Andromeda is so shit people arent even making fun of it anymore its just sad. I honestly would love to know what they did for five years

same happened to mirror's edge catalyst

this always makes me giggle

Can I get a quick rundown?

Not really. Whole series was a ripped off story with a lame as shit moral system glued on with no consistency between the style of play in the games. Popular due to being Xbox level RPG that more and more compromised the RPG portion for more meatheads. And let us not forget the DLC that all too merged to the game without seems.

Not saying they are all bad games, I had fun, but Bioware isn't some dev saint or at least hasn't been in the last 10 years.

tldr; 360 made so many C+ B- games popular due to an audience new to gaming with low standards.

please tell me this isn't real

>I was only getting one ending
fucking roasted

The only decent thing about that shitty game was the multiplayer. It should've been a bad Horde mode clone but it came out to be pretty decent.
>All those unique abilities
>Those options
>Unique classes and plenty of playable races, only time Volus was ever given a proper animation
Granted that the only reason why it became better was because EA was damage controlling with a bunch of free DLC.

They did get away with it. Haven't you heard about Andromeda?

If they really got shit for it, there wouldn't even be an Andromeda.

This is a good point. The worst fate of a game now is indifference. To die ignored.

A game that can make a stink atleast will get defended by rabid fans and trick some people into sales. Surprised Capt Racist didn't cause that with ME:A, but I guess nobody is on twitter anymore anyway. Better to burn out than fade away apparently.

I imagine that development was a clusterfuck as they were trying so hard to juggle incompetent devs, EA wanting to invest as little money as possible but were expecting a zillion dollars somehow, pander to every special snowflake, dodging poo on the office floor, everyone shitting on it before it even comes out, and trying to market a game after the disaster that was 3 with Andromeda barely having anything interesting.

I would be honestly surprised if a sequel was greenlit.

Kinda makes me think at least Ion Storm failed from big dreams and lack of discipline to see them through.

This thing is a case of a studio making its own grindhouse knockoff film in a cash grab pandering attempt to get the last few dollars out of a franchise they had already compromised.

Fuck me EA ruins everything.

Its like the EA business model.

>small faction makes niche cool game that gets some popularity
>EA gives them some money and a few requests to make a bigger game
>EA compromises the shit out of a third game nobody likes nearly as much
>EA under funds a shit sequelish game years later that sucks dick
>EA sends the devs on small side projects
>EA blames them for making no money and closes the studio.

If their next game is a small title, Bioware is about to follow Pandemic and many others.

What? You're retarded. Bad games don't destroy franchises. Final Fantasy still exists after II and XIII. Dark Souls still got games after 2. Zelda didn't die after Zelda 2 or the CD-I games. etc.

You're a moron.

The top two are, but they're from different games.

I think this game took a lot of (deserved) shit for the ending, but there was a lot of stuff story-wise that was deeply satisfying (not to mention the gameplay improvements)

>The death of Mordin and the genophage resolution
>Me2 squadmates popping up in various forms and ways (esp. in the citadel DLC)
>Everything involving Wrex
>Better backstory/sympathy for the geth

Yeah, you gotta fight through all the stupid bullshit with Kai "Weeaboo Adam Jensen" Leng, Hackett, and the super very serious reapers are killing everything tone of the story getting in the way of the writing, but I think 5 years on the good outweighs the bad.

>SHILL
>SHILL
>SHILL EVERY GAME IS SHIT
Wrote your replies for you.

it's actually sad that this could be real

I don't play ME, but I'm curious as to what this means? Is the only difference in that game's ending the color of the portal thing?

In the beginning, yes. There was an ending where you control the reapers, one where you destroy the reapers, and one where you combine organic and synthetic life through the entire milky way. The only difference in the ending cut-scene was the color of the space laser that did these things. They since added some extra stuff afterwards in a free patch, but it's still a pretty huge disappointment.

Plenty liked Zelda 2 it was only retroactively the blacksheep for being different. Nobody had a CD-I. Dark Souls 2 was a compromise of improvements and mistakes. Tons like FF13 because Lightning was girl Cloud and the series has a ton of grind happy female fans.

I don't know if it would kill ME though to be honest. I think EA would sit on it for a decade if it does bad enough then have some other people make another one to bank on the name after the stink has cleared. BattleFront 3 style reboot. Probably be terrible too.

The one poor bastard that tried to get EA to make good games nearly got fired for it because he spent money to make good products, the bastard!.

Here's thing thing:

If Bioware had done something ballsy and stupid, and marketed as the first all-American VN?

I'd be cool with it. Because ultimately, that's what the game is: A VN with decent dialogue and some unfortunately truncated arcs, and also some interactable moments. Fuck's sake, they outright said something like they didn't want to make it "too videogame-y" or something.

But they marketed it as an RPG shooter. So yes, they have to take shit for the underwhelming shooting in storymode.

Also, fuck Kai Leng. More importantly, fuck whoever thought giving all these expanded universe fags an important role was something anyone wanted instead of Shepard and Harbinger shouting at each other.

*Here's the thing

Yeah, turning the Geth and Legion's storyline to "I wanna be a real boy like organics" sure was great.