Would you buy the rumored portable Dark Souls Trilogy?

Would you buy the rumored portable Dark Souls Trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/videos/dark-souls-3-ringed-city-dlc-demon-prince-boss-gam/2300-6437751/
youtube.com/watch?v=cbRA1mCbrac
youtube.com/watch?v=9yFON2UON3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> implying the nintendo Shit can run the games at playable framerates

>Portable Souls

yes.

absolutely

Why bother releasing a trilogy when it's literally the same game 3 times in a row?

Yes easily

No, because they've been out for years now and I've already played them.

If it does happen, then that's good for maybe the 2% of Nintendo fans that both A) only own Nintendo systems and B) want to play a Souls game. And 2% is a generous estimate for the size of the population that fits both those criteria.

>No, because they've been out for years now and I've already played them.

So have I, on PC. But I would love to have a portable version.

From had DS3 running internally on switch late last year and were pleased with performance. The others are lower in graphic fidelity and the switch is a 4-5x more powerfully than PS360 in theory

>smuganimeposter
bait

>dark souls was good
>dark souls 2 was absolute garbage
>dark souls 3 was absolute garbage but slightly less to than 2
not if it's more than 19,99$

If it doesn't run like garbage, sure. However, I doubt it would do well financially. Nintendo is an alternative to hardcore gaming. There may be those who are interested in Souls who own a Switch, but it certainly is not the place to attract newcomers to either the series or the system.

this

except I dont own III either

Would I buy it???

I would buy the Switch solely for this shit.

>Prepare to die, Scholar and The fire fades on a bundle

I'd lying if i say I'm not very tempted on that scenario even when I own 2 of the 3 already

>spending hundreds of dollars to play games you've already put hundreds of hours into
I have no idea why people do this. Fuck this no-balls generations and its lack of innovation.

>Dark Souls 3
>on the Switch

They could definitely get 1 and 2 running at a stable 30 with PS3 level graphics, DS3 ain't happening.

Only if they managed to fix DaS1. I dont care how much I want portable souls I'm not going through blight town and new londo at 10 fps depending on where your looking

Otherwise just play it on PC since thats the only place the fps doesnt die

>Portable Dark Souls
>Playing Dark Souls in bed
>Switching to the TV when I want to

Hell yes.

I think it's just gonna be a way to wring a last buck out the series.

Can't do anything else with the series. So slap them all together in a bundle and put them out on PC/Bone/PS4/Switch and rake in the money one last time.

knowing nintendos audience they should make a babys dark souls with low poly colorful graphics and make it easy as piss.

>were pleased with performance

You really trust From's standard of satisfactory performance?

Like people already said, FROM had DaS3 up and running on Switch to a stable performance.

I'm not going to kid myself and think it's the highest settings. But they could easily pop the medium version onto Switch and it'd be fine. Toasters can run DaS3 on medium.

what the fuck is the appeal of portability to me, the average "gamer"?

Everyone asks for a trilogy when that cant fit inside the catridge. Hell it cant even fit inside the switchs own internal memory. Most we will get is just DS3.

fucking kek. skyrim is the casual type shit that will find itself being ported to switch. they wouldn't waste time putting souls on there. the end result would be miiverse post asking how to clear the asylum demon with 56 yeahs!

How hard is friede at SL 70 with a +10 straight sword?

>implying the switch could run dark souls

>the switch is a 4-5x more powerfully than PS360 in theory

What did he mean by this?

>FROM had DaS3 up and running on Switch to a stable performance.
Source? I hope it's not from that typo on an IGN video or the tranny, otherwise you're gonna be waiting for a long time

It can, FromSoft already stated they got DSIII running on the Switch.

not even remotely
her patterns are very simple, she just hits hard

If its all 3 games plus DLC I would buy it day 1

It's like 1.25x Wii U in pure compute docked, so he meant he was a complete retard.

Source?

A trilogy on everything except the Switch makes sense. It just seems like a huge risk otherwise. The install base for the Switch might be substantial, but the people buying Zelda aren't typically the people who have interest in Souls-likes. Combine that with the amount of work it would take to cram even a couple of those games on there and it just seems very unlikely.

yep

gamespot already showed it off but took it down a while back
gamespot.com/videos/dark-souls-3-ringed-city-dlc-demon-prince-boss-gam/2300-6437751/
is what it was on, now says ps4

Woow I can play the worst game of the franchise on the go! A couple years later at full price too?! Will it run even worse than on Xbone/PS4 where it already had terrible performance? Ohh geeeee can't wait for the sudden drops to 20fps and literal freezes when ragdoll physics activate on large enemies just like in Zelda!

Sight me up! I have my 330€ ready for a brand spanking new Switch!

only if it didn't include dark souls 2

It was a mistake user.

and of course you can say that for sure.

? I mean it doesn't mean that the Switch can't run it. It's just that gamestop made a mistake with that one video.

>the switch is a 4-5x more powerfully than PS360 in theory
LOL

Wow I can't wait to play Dark Souls 3 at 30fps with dips, and worse graphics than what has already been out for a year.

From also thought Blight Towns framerate was "acceptable". You mother fuckers are completely daft if you think Dark Souls 3 will run well on Switch.

We know that FromSoftware IS working on something for the Switch. I guess it could be a port? or something new?

>Dark Souls 3 at 30fps with dips
That's how it ran on the PS4.

On the Switch you could expect a rock solid and cinematic 12fps.

Almost as much as Zelda!

Where did they ever say that? The game barely runs at 30fps on PS4 and that's an actual computer.

Already playing it on PC at 4k/60fps. I'd much rather From make a Metroid game.

That was the typo on the video title. Don't you think it's strange the guy doesn't mention it's running on the Switch once in the entire video, with next gen graphics and performance to boot? Seems like it would be something worth mentioning.

Anyway, believe what you want, doesn't make any difference. Dark Souls 3 isn't coming out for the Switch since it can't run on the Switch.

They could easily sacrifice polygons to make it run better. On the PS4 performance isn't prioritized, it could run so much better if it looked worse.

>stable performance
Yeah yeah yeah, I'm sure by their standards the Xbone/PS4 version is "good performance", I can't even begin to imagine what "stable performance" actually means.

Actually we know. It'll be DragonQuest Heroes 2 all over again.

This is probably the guy who couldn't beat Donkey Kong Country as a kid.

>PS4 and that's an actual computer.

Shitty PC with a brand stamp, what else did you expect? no better than alienware fans.

Dark Souls 2 is the only one that would feasibly run well on the Switch, it's pretty well optimized

Forgot pic

This. Would gladly pay $60

It's more like 50% more powerful in GPU performance docked, 6x more usable ram but same bandwidth and no edram/esram, and a much better CPU. It could handle any game from those systems, but current gen ports will have to be watered down a lot.

>Shitty PC with a brand stamp, what else did you expect?
Lel, do you really wanna go down this road?

The Switch is running a Tegra X1. It's literally tablet with a brand stamp.

I can just play the games I already own on a pc, with higher (and stable) framerates and fidelity. There's no reason to get something like a switch to play games you already owned in lesser quality, and even if you had the system beforehand there's hardly any reason to buy the same games twice, unless you're somebody who's never played anything other than Nintendo titles.
Also isn't Dark Souls a bit too grim to have on a Nintendo console? Don't they have a family friendly policy or something?

>b-but Nintendo!

lmao pathetic sonybro. Doesn't make the Ps4 any less shit.

>b-but Nintendo!
Yea, why would I be talking about Nintendo in a thread about games on a Nintendo console?

>Don't they have a family friendly policy or something?

No, that's a myth.

I'd buy that. But I'd buy an Armored Core 1-LR bundle, or a 4-VD bundle faster. Or King's Field. Y'know what, just put anything with a From label on it on any console, I'll buy it.

Not him but this IS a thread about Nintendo so bringing the ">b-but Nintendo!" defence makes zero sense.

Also he just replied with your own logic, no need to be so butthurt at yourself.

>the people buying Zelda aren't typically the people who have interest in Souls-likes
What did the user mean by this?

Zelda is the closest to Souls Nintendo has ever gone, and people seemed to like it.

If my shitty 08 laptop can run Dark Souls 1 and 2 at 60FPS, the Switch can easily make them run. I'm not sure about 3, but DeS+DaS+DaS2 are all definitely within reason.

Yep, can't wait to play it along side portable Demon's Souls.
Oh wait. Not falling for that again.

>Nintendo thread
>bring up perfomance
>gets shit on
>Performance doesn't matter! Just look at Nintendo! XD

He has no logic.

I have many doubts. Zelda, graphically barren as it is, has trouble running on the switch.

There are dramatically more moving parts and dynamic components in BOTW than in Dark Souls. Even the grass needs to be constantly checked just in case it catches on fire.

>Thinking Demon's Souls can ever see the light of day again after it's distribution rights issues

You only have yourself to blame.

Souls games are never arriving on Switch.

Depends. Is it coming with the DLC expansions?

If yes, then maybe. If no, then Hell, no.

You forgot people like that are rarely at home and therefore only play on handhelds

Yeah I can't wait for the slidehow edition

I don't know, why did they release a MegaMan Collection twice, one with less games than the other?

>Yeah I can't wait for the slidehow edition

I thought the PS4 version already released?

That's why I played it on PC user

Only if it was a demake like pic related.

Good, So did I.

>Skyrim
>Dark Souls

Is Nintendo obsessed with 2011?

A fiend gifted me ds3 for the ps4 even thought I already owned it for the pc, wish he'd just bought me the dlc instead. Ps4 runs at 30 and pro at 50-60 now. It's not stable so it can be off-putting sometimes.

There's no way the switch can run it though, these rumors are silly. It would be lucky to chug along at 15 fps.

fucking smug BTICH

>CH's ass

Yes but I only want DaS 1.

Nintendo just needs to stop making consoles and start doing multiplat games like they're doing with mobile. Its one embarrassment after another.

*CU
No idea how I fucked that up.

Is that even a question?

Hell. Yes.

This thing ain't getting shit

>People still want to say this after Sony lost the Souls series both to Xbox and then to PC.

Yes
Portable (read: in bed) Souls would be amazing and the Switch is basically a portable PS3 anyway, so I have no doubt it could run the games

It isn't for you, it's for people who never got into the games and/or the portability factor appeals to them

Sony didn't lose anything. They willingly turned it down. It was a stupid choice, but still their choice.

>and the Switch is basically a portable PS3 anyway, so I have no doubt it could run the games
The PS3 and 360 couldn't even run DeS, DaS1 and DaS2 at decent framerates, the games constantly dropped to 20fps.

But I suppose you're already used to that after having play BOTW.

youtube.com/watch?v=cbRA1mCbrac
youtube.com/watch?v=9yFON2UON3k

If you care about performance the Switch probably isn't the system for you

Just so you know the framerate is better in mobile form, which I would imagine he'd be playing BotW in.

>But I suppose you're already used to that after having play BOTW.
Not him but I'm used to that after playing almost any console game ever.

no. I played all three games already. I want a whole new one, with new lore etc.

No, I already own them.

Do they really think that the Switch audience is worth porting those games to?