Try to replay this for the first time in 10+ years

>Try to replay this for the first time in 10+ years
>It's mediocre as fuck

What are some other games better left to nostalgia?

Other urls found in this thread:

dessyreqt.github.io/alttprandomizer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why don't you make a thread about something you like?

I never actually finished this game myself. I always thought when I was playing it that it was like Link's Awakening, but not as good. Tried to replay it a few times but lose interest around the first Dark World dungeon.

At least you came to realize this yourself. Way too many LttP manbabbies still fail to realize how goddamn awful the game really is.
Ocarina Of Time holds up way better in all possible ways, and even LA DX is more enjoyable.

My problem with it is that a lot of the Zelda series' charm didn't come until Link's Awakening, so the three games prior to that feel a lot more bland than future ones. This was also my biggest complaint with LBW, since it tried so hard to be LttP2 it forgot how much fun characters and side quests in Zelda are supposed to be.

It's still a great game though, it just doesn't hold up as well as Link's Awakening.

I replayed most of the Zeldas before BOTW came out. Ocarina of Time was mediocre as fuck too. I actually enjoyed TP way more, loved every aspect of that game more than Ocarina. Wind Waker still has more personality than any Zelda, and the triforce shit wasn't as annoying as I remember. Majora's Mask still the best. A Link to the Past isn't bad at all, I don't know why people are suddenly shitting on it. It's classic top down Zelda, what are you fags expecting from it? It also holds up pretty well, it's a fucking SNES game. For what it is it's still great.

Phantom Hourglass was the only playthrough that was meh

>I actually enjoyed TP way more, loved every aspect of that game more than Ocarina
you got some issues mate.
TP has some of the most forgettable dungeons, items, cast members, story, even music.

People bitching about WW's triforce hunt are literal ADHD Xbot-era kids.

LttP has always been shit. I realized this already back in 2003, when I first got to play it. Floaty as fuck game, designed to frustrate. Even NES originals are better designed and more playable.

No idea how one can love MM without liking OoT.

Don't you know? Only shills post about things they "like".

>literally just spin jump and shoot with the yellow gun: the game

the 1st one is so much better

>mfw playing a link to the past for the first time right now
>it's actually bretty good
Nah

>Play Super Metroid recently
>It's better than I remembered
Pleasantly surprised.

Skyrim

I think most N64 games should be left to nostalgia, honestly. Except maybe Conker, but that game out in 2001.

The triforce hunt was extremely tedious. When has backtracking in a video game ever been done well? I love WW too, It's definitely one of my favorites games and the Ganon fight is the best.

>played Super Metroid for the first time under a month ago
>loved it

That game is magical, and Metroid games don't overstay their welcome, it's nice.

>When has backtracking in a video game ever been done well?
when the area you come back to has physical changes like destruction or something similar
shit game, but fighting all the way up from lowtown in during the qunari invasion in DA2 was one of the best parts of the game

What was the worst part of Twilight Princess and why was it everything to do with Ilia?

>Ocarina Of Time holds up way better in all possible ways
OoT holds up even less.

I started with zelda 2, which obviously holds up flawlessly, since it was my first zelda game.

None of the 2D zeldas are actually good

>since it was my first
made me smile, gj user

>I think most N64 games should be left to nostalgia, honestly. Except maybe Conker, but that game out in 2001.
This. I remember N64 kids mocking snes kids for being "nostalgiafags" back on the very young Sup Forums in 2004.
Now N64fags are the most unbearable nostalgiafags around who still pretend their 20fps shitbox is actually worth anything other than their nostalgia and precious childhood memories connected to it.

So are you saying all zelda games except for botw are shit?

You gotta be 40 and still on Sup Forums? Goddamn i feel bad for you.

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm so scarred from all the terrible backtracking in The Thousand Year Door that it completely closed all doors to the idea that backtracking can be good.

>implying there's anywhere else to go to talk about vidya

OoT is one of the most overrated games of all time. It is not that great of a game

30. Had a break of about 5 years during my last relationship. Since that broke up I started giving less of a fuck, went back to posting on Sup Forums and fuck 20 something girls that weren't even born yet when I played my first vidya regularily.
The meme that Sup Forums is for sad people is only brought up by sad sacks of shit from reddit.

being positive makes you look like a sheep

WW is the first one i played so it's the best one

I'm worried that Skies of Arcadia will not have held up if I try to play it again, even though I kind of want to relive the experience after all these years,

I just recently played Skies of Arcadia for the first time.
That game somehow is magical. Was pretty good despite the long tedious fights. Something about this game makes it a very very good game.

Replaying Banjo Kazooie right now, it's pretty awful. Levels are small as fuck and the mechanics are clunky. Mario 64 holds up a lot better.

>I have meaningless sex with sluts with daddy issues instead of raising kids because my gf of five years cheated on me with a nigger

Nah, I think the sad sack meme holds true, senpai.

I played ALttP for the first time two years ago. It's the only Zelda game I actually liked. You're talking mad shit.

Same here. I usually have troubles with retro games and for now I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Zelda 3 had the best exploration tho.

Never could get into it or understand its phenomenon. Overrated af. First time tried it over a decade ago on gba simulator. tried again 2 years ago. nope.

I don't get the praise it gets either. I really enjoyed Link's Awakening though.

Naw, man. Your soul has died. It's one of the best Zelda atmospheres that ever was.

Ocarina of Time is a good Zelda game hailed as great by nostalgia cucks who are so blinded that they cant see its obvious faults.

I played the GBA version and enjoyed it.

The SNES version is kind of dinky though, I agree.

you guys always judge this shit on today's standards, at the time it was a really new and exciting game.

>it's mediocre as fuck
how many patches did you have to download for this game compared to ones out today?

"floaty as fuck"

do you even know what that means? the game is great and you're a shitlord

the only legitimate gripes with alttp:
- too easy
- weak soundtrack (some good tracks but far too little and too many reused)
- the bad wizard guy has a terrible name and sprite
- a bit too many progression blocks (ie need longshot...need gloves...need pearl...etc)

>all these fuckin FAGETS shitting on my favorite Zelda
im mad

Part of the problem with the game is that by doing what the game excels at compared to most other Zelda games, exploring, you overpower yourself and take a lot of the challenge out of the game, it one of the few games I feel doing a minimalist run is actually a good idea.

My other major gripe is just how basic the puzzles are but at the same time its nice that its not as invasive with its puzzles as future Zeldas, like a boss can be a straight up fight instead of a use the dungeon item then whack on it while its stunned type of boss modern Zeldas use.

pokemon red and blue

I've never heard anyone saying it's anything but a diet GTA 3.

Demon's Souls.

>That game is magical, and Metroid games don't overstay their welcome, it's nice.

???

the only thing really wrong with this game is the "fake" open world where you have to go to each dungeon in a certain order to progress
but even so its a better zelda game than any of the other games in the last two decades except maybe the oracle games
either way I know that OP is a filthy contrarian whose favorite zelda is link's crossbow training lel

No

i think this game has aged well, or at least better than most

Most games from the PS1/N64 era. Horrible graphics, horrible controls, dodgy camera angles and abysmal framerates.

world of warcraft

>you have to go to each dungeon in a certain order to progress

The dark world dungeons can be done in 66 different orders, the palace of darkness must be done first and Ganon's tower is obviously last.

That game still holds up. It has some ridiculous charm tieing together all the elements that should be cliché but end up being amazing.

>weak soundtrack

I'm sorry, come again?

>Mario 64 holds up a lot better
In what fucking universe do you live in.

Is it still 66 if you don't count quitting a dungeon halfway just to get the item as not doing the dungeon at all

because I feel like you're doing that

Pretty sure at least the hookshot is needed for a lot of stuff, and you get that in the Swamp Palace
The get stronger item from Thieves Town (which is usually your fourth, sometimes third, dungeon) is also a world progression item iirc

Not only are 2D Metroid games pretty short, but the backtracking only really includes you jumping through a hallway. That is not tedious compared to an RPG game forcing you to backtrack where every encounter takes you to a new view. Metroid is literally "pew pew you're dead" with enemies.

how so? I know theres certain dungeons in the dark world where you need an item from one to get into another or progress through it

t. Ganondorf

The worst part was the twin statue puzzle, hated that shit.

maybe he like to complain like a whiny bitch

Oracle of seasons/ages says hello & ALBW was alright.

I got bored as soon as I hit the Swamp dungeon. Remembered that I hated the layout and quit.

Palace of Darkness must be your first dark world dungeon because you need the hammer to access Swamp Palace, and if you exit the dark world and use the hammer to access a warp tile in the light world you can then access Skull Woods and Thievestown as your second dungeons.

Thievestown must be done before Ice Palace, Misery Mire and Turtle Rock

Turtle Rock additionally requires the fire rod from Skull Woods and the Cane of Somaria from Misery Mire

Thats it.

I know this thread is bait, but for those who have played LttP many times and want a different experience, try this.

dessyreqt.github.io/alttprandomizer/

It randomizes the positions of all chests in the game, but it always makes it possible to complete.

I really like when you return to the Undead Asylum in Dark Souls. It's cool because it's a) optional, b) fairly different from the first time, and c) you're taunted with items you cant reach the first time that you can get on a return trip

>I always thought when I was playing it that it was like Link's Awakening

Wow, happy 15th birthday bro.

For fuck's sake...

Play Minish Cap, it is the best Zelda game ever

>Mario 64 holds up a lot better.
Enough with this "Mario 64 is completely flawless" meme. The level design is completely uninteresting and aesthetically it's unappealing as fuck.

Oh look, another thread with children talking complete shit about game design, which they have absolutely no fucking clue about.

Agreed

Literally just finished it two days ago, sucks, not as good as LTTP which I finished five days ago. The only cool thing about it is the Roc Cape and you only get that at the very end.

To give a little more detail most cases where you think you need the hookshot can be done either by using Magic Cape or Cane of Byrna to just be invulnerable, if its over a pit you can usually dash bounce or bomb jump across.

>Mario 64 is completely flawless
Where in his post did he say that you retard?

The part where he said it "holds up a lot better" despite it aging like soggy milk.

If you genuinely think that saying X game holds up better than Y game equates to "X game is flawless", you've been here too long and you're just looking to get upset over nothing.

Super Metroid

Literally every Zelda game, even newer shit like WW, TP and (god forbid if you even like the game) SS

>Being this assmad about other people having opinions

I got Link to the Past on Virtual Console a while back, it was fun at first but I lost interest halfway through the Dark World. I tried again a couple weeks ago and got the Fire Rod, but I just couldn't have fun with it and dropped it again.

>older games limited by technology aren't as fun as newer games

YOU DON'T SAY WHITEBOY

Zelda 1 was more fun than Link to the Past, what he's trying to say is that particular title doesn't hold up as well as the others.

Link's Awakening has literally one dungeon with multiple floors. I love it and all but I've never understood why I'm the only person bothered by this.

The base mechanics are better than BK's. In BK you're basically only using the flutter jump, the jump attack, the Kazooie run and the stomp attack. In M64 you've got double and triple jumps, the side jump, wall jump, far jump, dive jump, jump kick and stomp attack. M64 overall plays a lot more fluid.

The level design picks up in the later stages of BK, I've been playing it a bit more and the ice and desert levels are a lot better than the first stage, the pirate stage and the swamp stage. I still prefer M64's stages, especially since the stage architecture often changes depending on the star you select.

The hub of BK is a bit bigger and aesthetically more pleasing than the castle of M64, but I don't like its design, it's not intertwined enough. It doesn't feel as rewarding to explore.

The few areas where BK has M64 beat are the music (although not by a lot, BK's OST is kinda overrated), the minigames and the overall charm. Oh yeah, and it doesn't have annoying puzzle pieces like "collect the 8 red coins" or "collect 100 coins", I guess. Then again it has the 100 notes per level which are a bitch to collect, at least you didn't have to collect every single coin in M64.

It's a fun 3D platformer, but M64 just blows it out of the water.

Cloud Tops is fucking terrible, thank god you can skip it

Oracle of Ages > Link's Awakening > Oracle of Seasons > Link to the Past > Minish Cap >>> Link between Worlds > every other 2D Zelda game

Link to the Past has weak dungeons compared to other Zelda games after it and it lacks unique aspects from the games before it.

I like it but hate how it railroads you to the next dungeon

I hate how like half the town is closed until 70% of the way through the game, and how you cant get some items without beating the game already

sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2

LOL faggots who started gaming in 3D

SAme. I love LTTP

How does one pick up young girls at 30

You got the internet.

lol

Even /vr/ wouldn't fall for this bait.

Just tinder?

You jest, but Zelda II holds up great.

I re-played Link to the Past a few years ago after not having done so in a long time and it was really good. Easy, yes, but I wasn't 11 years anymore.

>People bitching about WW's triforce hunt are literal ADHD Xbot-era kids.

Sorry I don't like to have my time wasted with shit tier content that's not enjoyable to play through and was literally ONLY added to pad out the playtime.

This is why Ocarina is still the best 3d Zelda.