Shadow of Mordor 2

Didn't play the last game, didn't know what to expect.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Xg2-NC8Ijw

Did not expect this many cutscenes and some rando being a better necromancer than Sauron.

What do you think about this game and its' prequel Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU
youtube.com/watch?v=xCu1nYXPQC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hope they flesh out the Nemesis system more, I'd like to form and train my own warband.

Yeah, I was a bit unnerved by how much time was spent watching orcs do cool orc stuff in cutscenes, but at the same time might be cool to rear your own Wormtongue.

I just feel a little unnerved watching a bunch of orcs listen to a human. I know IP power is stronk, but I feel like this system would've done wonders for an Overlord game reboot. Or even a Dark Messiah of Might and Magic sequel

First game was a blast, I really really loved the Nemesis system and the orc's characterization / settlements.
Loved how every boss had their own "chant" when coming down to battle.

WE

It's awesome button garbage for people who aren't all that fond of gameplay

I don't know why so many on Sup Forums are shitting on Shadow of War. In SoM, the Nemesis system was GOAT, and this looks like theyre making it way better.

I can't fucking wait for this shit.

Probably has something to do with the nemesis system being only a gimmick and the core gameplay being garbage

My only fear is that the fortress thing will get stale fast and be the game's main gimmick.

I legit didn't know about this game until today and yeah, gameplay being sparse is my main concern

The gimmick seems hype, I just find it hard to have faith that there's enough unique responses to stop everything feeling automated after a while like said

It'll probably work like the war chiefs in the first game.
Just fuck around in the open world enough until you're ready to tackle the fortress.

This. The Gameplay trailer included a lot of variables that I have a hard time believing will be actually fleshed out.

What if it wasn't the sniper that gets branded but the flame guy? Will you then gain control of the drake from the get-go and not be able to blow up a wall? Is infiltration even affected by what kind of uruk you brand or will it always be a bunch of explosives placed at a weak point?

How will your forces get in if you don't have a gatecrasher? Will they still be able to get inside? After all that troll didn't demolish the gates until the player killed the necromancer, meaning his special ability as a gatecrasher only triggers when the player captures the given wall. How does that work?

Will you gain control over specific areas within the fortress if you brand specific captains? Will you be able to just walk into a fortress if you brand every member of the overseer's posse?

Shit like this is what makes me skeptical. That's a shitton of variations to cover and that's just with those captains. Apparently we're getting way more variations than in Shadow of Mordor so it all becomes nigh limitless. There's got to be a catch or a disappointing limitation.

True, but that's not what I meant. My fear is that the game will revolve around the fortresses and less about fucking around the world messing up orcs with the occasional surprise Nemesis spawn.

If all you do is gather forces to conquer fortress X, rinse and repeat, it's gonna get old fast.

reminds me of viking battle for asgard
pretty cool

Devs said they extended the open-world and it'll be 4 times as large than in Shadow of Mordor.

Might not be saying a lot, seeing as a fortress in SoM was roughly a fifth of an area and a fortress in SoW looks twice as big as a SoM equivalent, but I like to believe they meant the areas you roam around and do shit in addition to the fortress regions.

LIke I say in all threads about the Shadow series;

>More customizability of captains (strengths, weaknesses, fears, equipment, etc) when you recruit and when they rank up
>A world map that isn't filled with nothing but empty settlements and nothing in between. The entire map(s) should be a settlement/city. Perhaps even maps that made you travel through them to get to another 'hubworld' a la Assassins creed 1 style

>no reply
Sad!

The map they showed looked much bigger than 4 times

So it's shit ?

Hopefully the strongholds won't take up half of it.

I enjoyed it

Pretty much
youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU

except this video is bullshit

WE

what's bullshit about it?

what is not?

>Lowtestiny

>tfw you encounter an Orc with autism
>youtube.com/watch?v=xCu1nYXPQC4

that video is pretty accurate. granted he rambles on and spergs a bit, but everything he says is accurate.

the game is shit

It looks like the first game really, and that's the problem. First one was fun but it didn't hold my interest for long, repetitive as fuck and the combat was easy unless you were against a max level warchief. Plus there's the fact that it takes a nice steamer all over the lore and makes Celebrimbor out into some kind of badass, when in actual lore Sauron just laughs at him then kills him instantly, then cuts off his head and stabs it on a banner that he set at the front of his orc legions. Then like you said some rando being able to take on Sauron. Even without the Ring (which Sauron poured his power into so without it he has very little power and can just barely physically manifest) Sauron would still win because of servants he'd send after you. At least in Bright Lord it's made clear that Celebrimbor only has a chance when Sauron doesn't have the Ring, and when Sauron does it's not even remotely close to a fight.

>that video is pretty accurate
you keep believing that

care to point out what's inaccurate about it

I loved the first one, and I think I'm going to reinstal it now.