Literally the same game

Literally the same game

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/VFUP6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The rules for victory are fundamentally the same.

New weapons, maps and hair customization open it to new gameplay and aesthetic choices.

Also story mode hasn't been shown off yet zo u wouldn't pass judgement so soon.

>Sequel barely looks different
>Has all of the problems of the prequel

Well done, Nintendo.

Thats what I wanted

There comes a point where you have to look at the aesthetics of a game like Splatoon and know that its made for kids, your grown ass should not be playing that shit.

Grow up you manlets.

Problems?

Seems more balanced this time. Mostly because all the Specials suck ass.

No AI to replace missing players and PvP are the only issues I can remember off the top of my head.

First time seeing a japanese game sequel? Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Musou etc, obviously it will be the same game.

And that's why it will be good.

*P2P

Duelies are OP

From my understanding the Switch online is no P2P. It was really smooth for me anyway.

>no more bubble or Kraken

It's an improvement.

uncharted has been the same game for 4 games yet nobody complains, is it ok only if sony does it?

It is, hard to argue.

Literally ok when sony does it.

>get rid of the bomb spam special

FUCK IT

>Literally the same game

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You have only to look at Star Fox, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, and Mario Party to know what happens when enough people start asking Nintendo to try something new just for the sake of being new.

>AI

virtually impossible for this game, but you knew that already. It's a non-issue.

>b-but sony
irrelevant

>b-but nintendo

counterpointed

>B-B-BUT S-SOOOOONNNNYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time.

Also people have complained, retard.

Is there a story mode coming? Thought there wasn't.

All we know is it takes place two years later.

Couldn't they use something like the Octoling AI? Not trying to argue just wondering.

Yeah, no shit. We have been saying that since the Switch was announced, but saying it makes you a dumb sonybro that can't appreciate art and fun, two features that belong only and exclusively to Nintendo.

Also no, it's not the same. For this one you have to pay for the shitty online features Nintendo offers.

Uncharted has a bigger budget and more work put into it compared to this cartoony game.

This is a thread about Nintendo

Can you imagine someone posting in an Uncharted thread that it's okay Uncharted is samey because Splatoon 2, how retarded is that?

>multiplayer game critically acclaimed for it's gameplay
>sequel retains all old weapon classes, adds new ones, and completely reworks specials
>WAH, WHY ISN'T IT COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
The only problem Splatoon ever had was bad local multiplayer and the inability to change weapons in the lobby. Pic related.

You have to pay for online multiplayer though, which fucking blows. Shame on Microsoft for starting it, shame on Sony for normalizing it, and shame on Nintendo for adopting it.

Sorry, Nintenbros too busy enjoying video games to make shit posting threads about Sony, so we'll just occasionally use yours to remind you that your shit stinks just as much, if not worse, at times.

i don't even own a playstation

jesus consolewarrers are fucking retarded and almost certainly underage

So which is it faggots?

>"BotW is nothing like previous Zelda games, it's missing a lot of things that make it Zelda!"

>"Splatoon 2 is exactly like the previous Splatoon game, how lazy!"

Fucking shit posters just shit posting for the sake of shit posting.

garbage art style

Nice meme

>i don't even own a playstation
Classic deflection.

Even an AI that acted completely randomly would be better than nothing.

I would consider picking this up but paid online is a dealbreaker. Still pissed that Nintendo pulled that shit. I understand that they have zero market incentive not to do it (fucking Sony and Microsoft), but it's sad to watch.

Well from what I played you can't switch weapon loadout in the lobby. Also, I really hope the map rotation system from the first game is gone, same with only having one ranked game type playable at once. In fact, the competitive modes should have been playable outside of ranked to begin with. Fuck me, four hour rotations. They made such a great game mechanically but that rotation system weighed the whole thing down.

it's cheap as fuck though

and yet Uncharted is still the worse """game"""

But the budget and work went into all the wrong things.

3 hour map rotation, only two maps during that rotation, and not being able to switch weapons without leaving the server

Paid online is a much bigger problem than Nintendo fixing what didn't need breaking.

uncharted is a sp story driven game

and don't act for a second like it gets a free pass because you know full well it gets shat on here

"it's okay when nintendo does it"

it isn't.

yeah fuck these nin toddlers

Nintendo makes a rehash? This is unlike them...

What's wrong with more of the same?
The only complaint people had with Splatoon 1 was the lack of content.

>muh sjw boogeyman

did they announce the price range for it yet?
If it's cheeper than their competitors, then although it's still not okay, it's certainly better.

and weapon switching in lobbies only.

This is a bad thing why?

>No Squid Jump
Instant 0/100

You messed it all up, Nintendo

being able to mix up the lobby music is no replacement

>they're still fucking my ass, but at least they're gentler than those other guys

It's somewhere around 20 bucks for a year.

archive.is/VFUP6

good, splatoon 1 was fun as fuck

I wish people would learn the definition of the word 'literally.'

Other words you could have used instead to avoid sounding like a retard are: essentially, basically, somewhat
Other phrases you could have used instead to avoid sounding like a retard are: "This feels like the same game," "This game shares many similar features with the first game," or "I feel there are aspects of this game that are reminiscent of the first game."

But you opted for sounding like a retard instead of offering a means to have a productive talk about the game. Kill yourself. Literally.

idiots payed 50 dollars for a beta

What if they replace the tips with the ability to play Squid Jump in the final? Split the screen with the lobby status.

Yes. That is what I said
Wish it were free, but I guess at this point it can't be helped. Can't complain too much about it, as videogames have never been a poorfag hobby to begin with.

so literally the same game then

oh fuck thanks for reminding me that jack is tonight

You know the testfire is completely free, right?

The octoling AI is pretty simplistic, to put it kindly. It'd need some significant development to hold its own against even middling players.

>splashdown has the exact same "panic button" functionality as kraken, except you're still vulnerable, without the added benefit of continuing to be offensive, and can also be used to punish super jump camping
>tenta missles serve the same function as inkstrike but requires just a bit more finesse and has a better chance of actually killing enemies
>inkjet is a better inkzooka that has the tradeoff of making you more vulnerable to being caught off guard
>sting ray is a sidegrade to killer wail

So far I like all of the Splatoon 2 specials WAY more than what was available in one, and the dodge roll with the splat duelies is way more useful than I originally thought.

>i'm a pedantic faggot who literally cannot grasp colloquial conversation and have nothing else interesting about me so i have to be pretentious over language on an bhutanese bukkake bulletinboard

I can grasp colloquial conversation just fine, but misusing words is just stupid and not colloquial in the slightest.

That's fair, though it'd be better than nothing

>Same awful map rotation system
>Can't switch weapons without having to exit out of the lobby into the menu
Nintendo polish their games a lot, but they so often miss some very important things.

literally =/= literalistically
you cry over words you do not understand

So i didnt get the first one on wii u but after the test fire im thinking of getting it, my question though is there any other online modes that are fun or is it only turf wars? And i heard Single player was fun too? I noticed the inklings have diferent clothes, do you customise your character? In game currency to buy items? Do they give you better stats?

A sequel to a successful series not radically altering the gameplay.

Shocking. Call the presses!

How's Street Fighter IV and V treating you?

There's rainmaker (like CTF but it's a fish that shoots tornadoes), tower (like payload but it plays ice cream truck tunes and gives children ptsd) and splatzones, which is like king of the hill.

Single player is short but fun, there's clothing and currency.

It's alright, sad the reality is just nintendo cashing in on the game's popularity to sell switch units. That'd probably explain why the global's are only like an hour long, so people won't notice.

Yes there is, confirmed from the developers and treehouse.

Why don't they just copy Zelda and let you use both analog and gyro for both axis? I found aiming in Zelda to be much better than Splatoon.

>The rules for victory are fundamentally the same.
For one mode.
We don't know what ranked modes are or aren't returning, or if there are new modes, etc.

>I noticed the inklings have diferent clothes, do you customise your character?

Clothing customization with hats/tops/shoes was a big part of the first game and the second now has added pants and hairstyles, so there's going to be even more customization.

Additionally, all gear gives you one major perk and one to three mini perks. In the first game, the major perk was fixed (baseball cap A was always going to give you defense up), and the minor perks were randomized and re-rollable with a special currency from events. I've heard that in this one, you can change what perks are on what clothing, so even minmaxers can look fresh.

It does come down to what other modes come for it. Turf Wars is a fundamental part of Splatoon. It's the main mode that the game was first ever shown off with and it's Nintendo's solution to make it so everyone can play and feel like they're helping. We'll see what ranked mode has in store.

Nigga the fuck are you on. No good game does this.

This.
Especially when you consider the number of pedophiles who play this shit, and jack off to the inklings. It honestly doesn't feel like a game for kids, it feels like a game for pedophiles, and it gets extremely uncomfortable to play when you realize that.

>Focus test your game
>Focus testers don't give you the bias confirmation you were looking for
>"Meh. They're just sexist. Lets do it anyway."

>ELiter3K will return and it will have the ability to keep the full charge in squid form
>>It will probably keep the Burst Bombs too.
>>That shit is going to have a panic special for when people get close

You can't say it's an improvement yet.

>shit that never happened
I'm almost certain he realized that it was a shitty game and the "sexism" is just a cover story. No human being actually cries about shit like that.

Damn...

Why is it always okay when Sony does this?

Eh, it's got plenty that's new, but we'll see. It's more like a 1.5 than a 2.0. If it has enough "new" stuff, it'll be fun enough. No one owned a WiiU anyways.

>b-but Sony
Every time.

>"Stop insulting muh Sony!!!! We dindu nuffin except make this shitpost thread!"

Was that in the original game's Testfire?

>bigger budget
>more work put into it
>yet it's still the same game copied 4 times

lel not helping your case

oh yeah I see daily uncharted 4 hate threads just like for zelda, mh mh, totally, yeah, sure LOL

People piss on Uncharted but they actually gave a shit. The whole "cinematic experience" thing wasn't a cop-out for wafer-thin gameplayz

We know that
>It takes place 2 years in the future
>Octarians are involved in someway
>Callie fucking dies but Marie lives

Man this game is fucking boring as shit, why is it even popular in the first place?

Yes

>but they actually gave a shit
>3rd game removed all fun bonuses / unlocks
Nah.

The Wii U doesn'r actually have any worthwhile games, it's literally nothing but post-purchase rationalization.

How is it better? Sony gives me up to six games a month depending on how many of their systems I have.

Microsoft gives me 4 games a month and are permanently part of my collection.

Nintendo gives me one game. And it's an NES or SNES game. Per month. For the month.

The third game is the worst in the series.

>Callie fucking dies but Marie lives
Can I get a source on that? Can't find anything

>The whole "cinematic experience" thing wasn't a cop-out for wafer-thin gameplayz

You're joking, right?