Do you agree with this sentiment?

Do you agree with this sentiment?

>Even among people who aren't consciously doing it, there's always a sense of derision when it comes to talking about Japan or Japanese media
(cont. in the pic.)

That is a good thing

It prevents normies from ruining our hobby

Pity the westcuck, they know knot what they do.

I guess that's a good point.

In the last tweet that guy talks about a sense of legitimacy from what he enjoys, but honestly I found that a stupid idea. What else do you need to feel legitimate about your enjoyment than the enjoyment itself?

this is not your personal twitter blog, fuck off retard. please kill yourself.

No, this guy is retarded.

>hurr people don't like thing
> that's the fault of thing, not my fault for being a boring cunt that can't convey thing interestingly enough

Or just get friends who aren't pretentious cunts that say no to everything.

>WAHHHH PEOPLE NEED TO VALIDATE ME AND THE THINGS THAT I ENJOY

I agree that it true for a lot of people, but obviously not everyone. This sort of thing gets better with time. Anime and Japanese games are not just for otaku and weaboos anymore. And the acceptance of foreign media in NA has always been a problem, but the fact that I can watch Korean dramas, anime, and Spanish film on Netflix is a sign of changing times.

It's because westerners are bland and puritan as fuck and see pretty much most of what Japan does as "weird shit" to chuckle about, and nothing that any "normal person" should take seriously. Like they don't overtly dislike Japanese media, they just see it as too strange or juvenile, and that only serious Western games have real merit. It's nonsense of course, just their own cultural bias and ignorance.

quit your whining and enjoy what you enjoy

who care what Joe McNormie thinks of your chinese cartoons

>Anime is for Otaku.
Except it largely is.

MGS series never had this problem...

do you even read the op's picture?

MGS also happens to be one of the most west influenced Japanese series.

Why are weebs pretend to be victimized?

Is it because everyone talks shit about them?

they're insecure beta sissyboys

>something made with a certain culture in mind doesn't interest most people from a different culture

Gee what a shock that is. I prefer it that way, normalfags ruin everything

These statements are not entirely false.

That is only a good thing. Normies fucking ruin everything. Keep them away from my tibetian cartoons.

>people dont like anime but THEY SHOULD!

retard

People aren't wrong in disliking anime for those reasons though. Anime is inherently Japanese with cultural references and everyday occurrences people in the west won't have any familiarity with.
You bet your ass I cringe when it's another anime that takes place in a high school or when the main character is a beta that girls love for some reason.

First post best post.

Why the fuck you should care about what normalfags think? Furthermore, why do you want they to join in when all they do is ruin anything they touch?

>but I have to practically do backflips to get people interested in Nier
Why not just leave people alone when they're clearly not interested in whatever weeabrony thing you're currently obsessed with, instead of trying to "make them see the light?" An inability to empathize with others is literally a symptom of actual non-meme autism.

MGS is a Japanese product. For that matter so is Resident Evil. These games have never had this "sentimenet" attached to them. So maybe the Japanese factor has nothing to do with it. Fucking Mario and Zelda!

He's being a huge pussy about it.

>WHY DO AMERICANS LIKE AMERICAN THINGS AND EUROPEANS LIKE EUROPEAN THINGS

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a nice product being niche,especially when it has a cult following with a lively fanbase - something that was never so strong with Yoko Taro's games. The discrepancy between interest in foreign games is even higher in Japan so I have to wonder if there's westaboos there complaining about the same thing.

or maybe nier is just not the good of a game

>the point
>you
Miles off, but hey! B- for trying!

Once more, are you reading the image posted in the OP? Hint: Read the fifth tweet in specific and then you'll realize it's correlation with the series you mentioned.

This

If people aren't interested in Japanese games or culture and don't want to then that's them missing out and not anyone's problem but their own

You should follow this user advice, OP.

Also you are wasting your time thinking about this. Specially in these time where sjw are trying to 'correct' Japan's values with cancer censorship tactics.

I actively will not touch a game if it has Japanese origins, and I make sure to convince people on the fence of buying such games not to.

no he is a cherrypicking faggot or delusional, probably both. zelda, mario, dark souls, street fighter and tekken I could go on all day.

Or maybe anime shit is just way too goofy and childish constantly having stupid fanservice moments?

Otacool pseudo-normalfags are the worst thing ever. They just join in so they can find sense of belonging because they are lonely fucks and then try to morph it to something "normal" from the inside so that they can join in the normalfag group they so much long for but couldn't join in first place which is why they ended up in the position they are right now.

i was talking about the 4th tweet were the guy said that when people like something japanese it's because "trascends culture" or avoid being anime

Why do you need to have your interests approved by others?

>People who actually want their hobbies to become infested and ridden by normalfags
Pitiful and pathetic.

That is subjective opinion. The series' I've mentioned seethe with Japanese culture. Just because someone enjoys a piece of media does not mean everyone will.

Good question. I considered kastel-sama a cool guy, but recently he's been revealing himself as quite insecure.

>normie

You mean those of us who have had sex with real, actual women instead od Hentai bodypillows? Who would've thought those kinds of people aren't interested in stupid storylines and shitty "art" styles.

Keep your weeb garbage, the more weeb NEETs there are busy playing shitty JRPGs the less shitty opinions there are floating around about games that actually matter.

I never understand things like "I don't play Guilty Gear because it's very anime".

Shouldn't you not play a game because it's bad, you don't like it or something like that?

subjective opinion versus what, an objective opinion? please stop posting, underage retard.

We will. Thank you. Have a nice day user. I hope you keep enjoying your life as I do mine and the less we intertwine the better for everyone. Don't you agree?

Point proven.

>normalfags are smug and xenophobic
Stop the press.

I doubt you could. What will you add? Street Fighter and Final Fantasy? RE and MGS were already mentioned.

Those are all very light on "Japanese-ness". Compare them to something like Nier or Neptunia or even Tales.

Because those people might not like...huh.....hum.....like.....huh......anime, maybe?

I mean, I don't fucking know. It's almost like someone's conditioned to play games influenced by shit he likes.

I'm a huge weeaboo but you can quit acting like such an enlightened faggot.

Good, normies destroy everything they touch, look at the state of western games

It's weird, because back in the 80s and 90s none of us knew or cared that everything we played was Japanese.

Fuck off reeeee

Subjective opinion within the context of the tweet. Objective opinion is a thing you brainwashed Philistine.

Eleanor is correct.

Speak for yourself faggot. Even back then I preferred Japanese games. Seeing Square Enix or Capcom on the cover always meant quality so I always bought their games.

No. Categorically. As long as you aren't a complete normie who only watches capeshit and doesn't play games, the majority of people who play games dickride Japanese media to no end. There is a small group here that calls out weebposters but that's only because it's so widespread and weebs are so in your face about Japanese everything being superior. I don't know what's up with this fag but it seems that he has a persecution complex over something that doesn't happen unless you are trying to yellow pill grandma on how great anime is.

>smug and xenophobic
>it couldn't possibly be because Nip culture is weird and stupid
>it couldn't possibly be because JRPGs are a dime a dozen and every one of them is boring as fuck
>it couldn't possibly be because most people who are into weebshit are strange, offputting, and often malodorous

Yeah buddy, it's everyone else, not you.

Why are there so many "weebs" who feel like they need acceptance from normalfags and society in first place? Do they even realize that the medium they are involving themselves into is by definition not normal? Do they even know what "otaku" means? How it is treated and it's meaning in Japan itself?

It baffles me how lacking in awareness these people are.

I don't think that's weird. In 80s and 90s internet wasn't prevalent, it was harder to learn things. Now you can know everything, compare everything and hear everyone instantly.

pokemon, splatoon, super smash, evil within, even spin off shit like wooly world sold over 1million user

You call anime childish for having fansevice moments but children shows usually don't have fansevice. Calling the adult part of a show childish is dumb.

And which of them is about anime girls?

This is just an aspect of American "nerd culture" and its obsession with being taken as seriously as possible.

It's the same reason why cape comics have a tendency to be either stupidly violent or preachy. The people who write them are convinced that if they don't make Batman say "fuck" their comic will be mistaken for Superfriends. Same goes for cartoons and stuff like Game of Thrones. Everyone has to show off how "not for kids" they are.

Japan has never given a fuck about any of that. The people that make JRPGS and anime don't care about anyone outside their target audience, and their target audience accepts that their interests are outside the norm.

>proving them right

None of them user. Are you doing this on purpose?

No, but it seems you are.

not him but it's not about people liking what you like

I am a white person who grew up in a major diverse American city. Listening to rap and being into urban culture was fine and expected. Getting into Reggaeton and Spanish music and culture was fine and often praised by other Hispanics. Got into Japanese culture recently: You like Japanese stuff?! *smirk*

This
There are a lot of good western media that also realize this and those are the good ones.

This is only a problem for smaller Japanese titles, stuff from Capcom, Nintendo, Sony, Square Enix (sometimes) don't have these problems. Mostly because they developed their games with a Western or World-wide audience in mind.

Because of all the backwards shit they do, because they were allied with the fucking Nazis... I mean is it really that difficult to understand? The average American doesn't have a positive view of Japanese

Yeah.

>yeah it looks like anime, but it's really good!

>normies ruin everything
>you proved their point lol 360getrekt
>as if the point made by a lifelong NEET is relevant or worth a damn

Dood, nobody gives a shit if you fags are right or if your point has been proven.

I absolutely love how normie is a dirty word on this board. The very concept of it nourishes my body and soul. The hatred that Sup Forums weebs have for "Normal" people is not only irrational, it is downright insane. Again, it is so awesome being someone who has a job and a life outside of vidya, and isn't into super weird Nip games/shows.

You can feel proud of the fact that you're not a normie, you weeb neets can circlejerk each other all day about your strange ass tastes, but the absolute best thing about it is that you faggots are literally the only ones who truly care.

Its just as viable to point out the other side of the coin with a bunch of obnoxious fucking cunts buying into anything from Japan despite its quality, which goes hand in hand with shitting on anything Western simply because of its origin.

Weebs are just fucking normies pointed in another direction. Just like normies buy Fifa or CoD every year you'll get fatheads spastics buying yearly trash like Neptune and thinking its perfectly ok because one has anime girls in it.

Shush EOP.

>Being so smug about your own headcanon
So... narcissism yay?

>normies buy fifa or CoD

Whoa there bub, lemme stop ya right there. Even I have limits.

You know fanservice is more than just boobies right?
And what childish does not mean for children retard

>oh loli~ you got what I need but you say you're just a dragon, but you say you're just a dragon oh loli~

"wahhh anime is much more than just otaku pandering."

Yeah not anymore its not. Anime has been fucking deader than shit for a long time and its more or less entirely the fault of the domestic fanbase and creators.

Fed up with being shamed by people for liking anime and lolipedofin shows? Stop watching them and try and find something else to show people.

No fucking Jojo does not work.

western videogames aggressively imposed themselves around 2007, target audience started to change in the same period.
its simply a matter of how much money you can put in marketing and dev budget, japan couldnt keep up and now is the outlier

The main problem is how money-hungry and how costly publishers and games even are. Nier: Automata would cost a whole lot more to develop than some Super Nintendo game in staff hours, at the very least, so the amount of requires sales making this shit worthwhile is a lot higher. If you aren't bending over for normalfags or going full independent, you're not getting another game.

Call it what you will.

I remember being the same way in high school. Seeing the popular kids who went to parties and got laid, I resented them so much because I never got invited to do any of that shit. So what did I do? I demonized them, called them narcissistic and shallow, made it seem like it was THEIR fault I wasn't having fun in life.

Then, when I left high school and joined the real world, I realized that all I had to do was not be such a skeevy little weirdo and act my fucking age. Suddenly, I found that people didn't hate being around me, I didn't get made fun of for stupid shit, and I starter to bring successful with the opposite sex. Huh. Imagine that.

Weebs who shit on "normies" are doing the exact same thing...except mentally they never left grade school. It's everyone else's fault that you're seen as strange fucks, everyone else is the problem. It's not the fact that you should have outgrown anime when you were 13, not allowed it to spiral out of control into some strange obsessions where you fetishize Nip culture like it's relevant in the west.

Call me narcissistic if you want. I call it "enjoying life".

Is there a Japanese game with good writing by western standards?

I don't just mean a good story or good characterization, but good character dialogue that feels natural and not "anime" as the OP described it

but there's good animes that exist.

Gee whiz, needing half a dozen tweets just to make a point; it's almost as if there are better mediums for this sort of thing!

>Call me narcissistic if you want. I call it "enjoying life".
Nothing................. personnel, kiddo.

no, at least not in Japan, I enjoy Otaku anime the most but most of the time you get shows that are made for much more general audiences, this becomes a lot more obvious the more shows you watch

>Call it what you will
No, user, I'm calling it what it is.

You're projecting your own mistakes and stupidity onto others, thinking their problems are identical to your problems, that's retarded, narrow-minded and ridiculous, you smugly congratulating yourself on your own stupidity is subsequently narcissistic drivel.

But yea, enjoy your life all you will buddy, I'll be here doing the same thing without sticking my head up my ass.

>I really like Japan because it has unique characteristics
>It's really hard to get people to like Japan things because they aren't as receptive to these unique characteristics

No fucking shit. If you like something that is different, don't act surprised when people treat it differently.

boo hoo

Maybe if Japanese anime culture wasn't so transparently trashy and aimed exclusively at degenerate shut ins for the most part it'd get a better rap.

Anyway enjoy your new version of console wars with the East vs. West thing Sup Forums. Can't wait until this one has it's own reaction face memes and people just spamming them left and right.

NOPE! Unless your talking day time franchises that have been around for decades just NOPE! Also good job getting taken over by Sup Forums somehow there Sup Forums

Natural-sounding dialogue isn't inherently good.

>All the retards going IT'S TRUE AND IT'S GOOD, IT STOPS NORMIES FROM TOUCHING MY STUFF
You faggots, it just means you have normalfags working on things like localization, removing all the 'creepy Japaneseness' to make it more palatable. As long as Japanese stuff is seen as weird, everything that enters the West from Japan will be tampered with.

Noone should be considered weird for enjoying respectable Japanese media like lolige.

>games that actually matter

Yes, because games with huge budgets and pretty graphics but garbage gameplay and generic movie soundtracks are the only games that matter

>needing localizations

>Do you like hack-n-slash?
>Do you like butts?
>Then try Nier:Automata
Is that hard? I bet that person is some kind of autist overthinking the plot, probably a Evangelion fangay

>projecting this hard
Holy shit user just stop before you embarrass yourself any more.

dude stop lying, you don't enjoy life, you're in Sup Forums.

>Children's shows usually don't have fanservice