Persona 5

>tfw cancelled Take Your Heart Edition to get the game early and now I regret it
What can I do to feel less regret? It was like only $77 on Amazon..

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/mjjkpk.mp3
twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/575723576701014016
youtu.be/BS_kPKA9plA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>8/10 from Edge
You made the right choice cancelling this trash

In what world is 8 bad?

So...howd you get it early?

8 is a bad score for a game of P5's caliber, but this is Edge we're talking about. They are extremely harsh with RPGs and usually only give extremely high scores to the games people forget immediately.

>for a game of P5's caliber

sounds like it's caliber is "8"

It's a super shitty CE anyway. Fair enough that it's cheap but nothing in it is particularly great

I live in NYC and they have Steelbooks out now. There were TYH editions but they were $90.

This is the final week and it feels so....fucking...LONG. Ive been spoiled on everything. But i still want to play it SO BAD. Do you think my gamestop will give it to me early in california?

GameStops are the worst places since they have systems in check that blocks games being sold before release. Same with other stores like Walmart.
You can try and hope for the best. It works sometimes with certain stores.

No, most people who have played it describe it as the best JRPG in a decade at least. It's an easy 9 at bare minimum.

But Edge only rarely gives high scores, and when they do it is out of left field for games like Horizon. They won't even give Witcher 3, the darling of the industry, a 9 - it got an 8, and Witcher 2 got a 6.

Buy it digital.
Get take your heart edition just for the cool shit.

>buying special editions
>ever
you're a total retard

Man im fucked then...well 10 more days for me then

>digital
>not getting standard edition for fancy controller skin

P4G got a 9.

How does that make any sense? Everything about P5 looks like it's way better than 4.

There are a legion of Persona 4 fans that think it has the best cast and story and comfy feelings in any game ever and hate the feeling of Persona 5 because it's a bit more like Persona 3. We're talking people who actually outright hate Junpei but think Yosuke is the best fictional friend ever created.

because P4G wasn't that hyped. only persona fans and vita users actually looked forward to that game. P5 however is popular/hyped as fuck and EDGE is this edgy magazine that gives low scores to great/popular games just for the muh we are different, we have our own opinions, go buy our magazine because we have integrity,so special, the game you are all looking forward to only got an 8 go read why.

Proof.

This is also what Persona 4 fans look like.

>nu male neofags

Please dont use them as a source. Even fucking reddit hates them. Neofag is the washed up coke addict forum of the game industry

It's the perfect breeding ground for Persona 4 fans which further proves the point.

>It's an Emergenji!

Fucking really? P4fags man. Vapid cunts.

She's a journalist who will be reviewing P5 for EGM.

>persona3 cucks trying to wiggle in P5 saying it sort of like that

Fuck outta here, nothing like your trash game that takes 40 hours to make you give a fuck with its garbage ass hallway dungeons

Persona 3 in the same pile of trash as 4.

Reminder Persona started at 5

EGM?

They threw away all meaningful development Yosuke could've had to drop on you the exact thing that Junpei had of being jealous of you. Except with there being zero evidence for it save that final Social Link.

You can try looking for mom and pop stores in LA that sell them. I heard there's some that has them.
How? P5 improves in every way.

It's been so long I don't even fucking remember what the Take Your Heart edition comes with.

I kind of don't want to look it up though, it'll be a surprise.

>How? P5 improves in every way.

I guess, this?:
Don't underestimate the isolated fandom of P4. They're fucking crazy.

It's the epic new Sup Forums maymay. Soon, 10s will be considered shit.

>It's the epic new Sup Forums maymay
>taking the piss out of the review scale
>new

There's something here that's new alright but it ain't that.

I cancelled my Special edition to get the steelbook when i realized that I didn't want anything in the special edition

Jesus I love P4 but you have to admit that P5 just runs circles all over it on a all fronts. I guess if you really like P4 story and characters that's another thing.

This

Only retarded drones will buy that shitty collectors

But the artbook man

the edge review completely misinterpreted one of the main themes of the story.
they said that they think that it's creepy pro-nuclear family propaganda which detracts from the game's themes
but most of the characters in the game come from non-nuclear families, even the ones that are nuclear are pretty fucked up. the whole message and point of this is that it doesn't matter if you don't have a perfect, stable family, you just need to find people that are good for you and surround yourself with them. some of the most poignant co-op moments are about single parents, adopted children, orphans, etc. being able to rise up and make the most out of themselves even if society looks down on them and shuns them (which they often are in japan).
while this is pretty accepted in the west, it's a fairly progressive outlook in japanese society. edge somehow took this to be P5 condemning non-nuclear families and saying everybody involved in them is destined to be shit. it's very bizarre how much they missed the point.

I never got the point of special editions.

Just give me the game, man. I just want to play the game. Everything else is just going to clutter up my already stupidly cluttered living space.

There's still some small, animal part of me that likes looking at things on shelves and sticking discs into things, otherwise I'd just go digital for everything. I really could not care less about anything other than the game, the disc the game comes on, and something to protect the disc in storage. Everything else is faff.

The fuck does nuclear mean in this context? Is it an American term?

Nuclear family is a household that is a married father/mother and their children.

There will be a bigger better artbook soon

Well ok, why argue about that in a game? Seems like nitpicking for the sake of it.

Having played both games very recently, I think I can say that yeah, P4's cast IS lightyears better than P3. Almost everything about P4 is a strict upgrade from P3.

P3 is very fresh in my mind, AND I've played through it four separate times (FES, P3P Male, P3P Female, FES again last month) and I still couldn't tell you anywhere near as much about Mitsuru or Yukari as I could about Yukiko or Chie.
Aegis is the most compelling character of the lot, and she's a literal robot.

when did EDGE reviews ever matter?

it's fair game to analyze and look at what a game is trying to say, especially considering P5 is much heavier on the sociopolitical commentary than P3/P4 ever were. edge just missed the point so hard it's difficult to take their review seriously, it'd be like taking Polygon's Doom review seriously.

I would say that the P4 cast is more fleshed out than P3 in that you get to know more about them in a more complete way. But the P3 cast is way better written.

that's her defense? LOL

Man I don't care about any of this.
Someone just tell me how many chicks I can bang and post pics of them.

I have a hard time believing Atlus Japan wanted this.

Of course not, but they can't even call her out on it because it would hurt publicity of their own product. So she can just use them as a scapegoat and the people supporting her will eat it up.

Should have done what I did and bought both.

Atlus Japan has been actively going out of their way for years to take down Persona 5 videos on Youtube, refused to promote the game in the west at all, and distributed a Persona 5 trailer on a DVD only included in first prints of Persona 4 DAN.

Atlus USA is really bad, but Atlus JP is very backwards and dumb as well. I legitimately wouldn't be shocked if they made the dub bad as a joke, they've publicly said they're putting all their overseas efforts into China and Korea now anyways.

It may not be Atlus Japan that wanted it, but I do believe her when she says that she was instructed to pronounce names that way. Because every other actor is also mispronouncing the same names in the same way. With consistency like that, direction must have been involved.

How were you planning to get the game early exactly. People were getting their TYH editions early too, you know.

That's not even getting into the fact that, to this day, streaming of P5 is blocked. You need to get around it with remote play or some shit. The western version also blocks streaming.

Imagine that - a company that doesn't want their games streamed. In 2017.

>they've publicly said they're putting all their overseas efforts into China and Korea now anyways.
Surely America and Europe are bigger markets though

I basically love everything about P4 bar the dungeons, but everything about P5 looks much better to me. From the cast, to the gameplay, to the tone and theme. Also it's stylish as fuck.

>its all a conspiracy
Jeezy, maybe. This is Morgana or Haru I think?
my.mixtape.moe/mjjkpk.mp3

And then they actually miscasted a lot of people too when they could have researched how they were in the JP version. And asked Yukari and Yukiko to come back and do the exact same voices for older characters.

I wonder why they even offered dual audio if they wanted to make a point so bad.

Without concrete sales data from the Asian markets we won't know for certain (and getting US data is getting more difficult), but we know that the US/EU made up roughly half of P4G's sales. It's pretty baffling and obvious that Atlus USA has zero contact with Atlus JP, and NISA mentioned they stopped working with Atlus USA because they got cheap as hell about costs. It's shit all around, ideally Atlus USA would get a total revamp and be more integrated with Atlus JP but they'll never want to shell out for it.

That voice is from some random girl gossiping in class.

Part of it seems to be about what's cheaper and easier. They don't even dub most games in Korea or China.

Super Robot Wars V sold 1M in China alone in just a few weeks.

Don't underestimate the fucking chinks.

China does have the largest population in the world and it's only recently that the government started loosening its iron grip on entertainment so they're pretty starving for whatever they could get. Though considering how pissed off China is at Japan lately, that might change.

Hahahahah the same Edge that gave Witcher 3 an 8 but Skyward Sword a 10 ?

koreans actually got triggered because of the imperial japanese flag on ryuji's shoes

Chinks have been importing things either way for a long time. Especially Japanese games.

>Shoes without socks

God no wonder he's a cuck, the neanderthal.

The dub turning out to be garbage is all the more sweet because of the years of contempt from both retarded dubfags and atlus for us wanting a japanese language track.

If only the JP voices were on disc so they could compare.

Since it's a large DLC, the majority won't even bother downloading it.

>EGM
Didn't Electric Gaming Monthly fold years ago?
Or is it a zombified corpse being dragged through the mud now? (Not that it was all the great to begin with.)

>Since it's a large DLC, the majority won't even bother downloading it.
Oh what, how big is it? I just want to play the game as soon as, I've waited too long

How large are we talking?

>Atlus intentionally let some retailers ship out P5 early so that people will play it with the dub.

twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/575723576701014016

You can bet the jp atlus asked them to do that survey and forced the dlc inclusion when they realized people want it.

>tfw bought an early copy on eBay and it shipped today
>Won't be here at least until Fri the 31st
>Cancelled my TYH edition on Amazon for this
>Shipping via USPS
I royally screwed up. I'm only getting it early by what? 4 days?

>Really want the Take Your Heart edition
>Amazon is sold out
>Only game stop in my town is sold out
Anyone know where I can put in an order?

I'm fine with the steelbook

Bros I can't take it any longer, im going crazy.
I NEED THIS GAME NOW

We've made it three years, we can do a week, user

Google mom and pop stores and call them to see if they have it. LA here and I got mine yesterday.

youtu.be/BS_kPKA9plA
>putting stickers on your controller

wait two days after release and check amazon/ebay again

What an absolute manchild he is in the comments. Glad his ass got fired.

it's a pretty nice looking sticker though
shame it'll clash like crazy with my blue dualshock 4