P5 gonna flop

Edge Magazine gave P5 an 8.
Game is gonna flop like ME: Andromeda.
thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-urges-young-people-to-reject-video-games-and-engage-in-activism-instead-a7164376.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares about reviews?

I beat P5 months ago. It was way too similar to P4 and the characters suck. Sup Forums overhyped this game only to get BTFO

>Who cares about reviews

All the fags saying persona 5 was gonna be great because of japanese reviews

Famitsu right?

Still gonna buy it.

Western reviewers, for the most part, are shit at their job anyway.

>It was way too similar to P4
Well thats a reason to avoid it.
P4 sucked.

look at the archives

Every thread. "P5 IS GONNA BE GOTY BECAUSE EVERY JAPANESE WHO PLAYED IT SAYS ITS BETTER!!"

They forgot the fact that Japan has shit taste. Even in famitsu they give good scores to shit games

yes, let's trust japanese reviews where they rate FFXIII a near perfect score

This.

>way too similar to P4
Well that's a reason to get it.
P4 was the best one.

>Edge Magazine

Yeah, and? Are they supposed to be special?

Not saying Japanese reviewers are perfect either. They can be just as bad as western reviewrs.

Yes, they are special.

If this is a flop, ME:A is a tunguska event.
Worth it just for the music and atmosphere.

All you did was post a review score from a shitty magazine and declared the game is gonna flop because of a ONE decently high score.
What the fuck are you even on about?
Oh wait, I know what this is. This what they call "bait", isn't it?

No, Egde magazine is pretty important.

The game has been out for months. A gayman journalist can give it big fat zero and I will still play the shit out of it.

you are fake news

Only diehard weabs give a fuck about Persona, since it's basically a video game anime.

The series could never be mainstream or popular like something like Mass Effect since it's so childish and cartoony, based on the high school adventures of some dumb anime protag with silly schoolgirl relationship subplots that nobody but fat lonely virgin pedos give a fuck about.

It could get a 99 and nobody would pay attention to it other than the typical FAtlus fans, and likewise it could get a 40 metacritic and those same fans would still lap it up.

>The Japanese game was good so mine is too!
They can still fuck up the English translation retard, and they are.

>The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword [10]
>Diablo II [6]

It can't be a flop it's going to easily outsell all previous persona entries

Why?

>2017
>caring about reviews

Yeah I mean undertale is obviously a 10/10, Advanced Warfare is a 9 and Zelda BotW is a 10 amirite?

Like I said, still play the shit out of it.

>"hahaha I've never played any persona game so im just going to shitpost like a retard

They were huge during Gamergate.

>Zelda BotW is a 10 amirite?
Yeah.

sauce?

We'll know in 4 days if its a flop or not.

>Edge

They're alright but definitely not perfect. I love Bloodborne but it's not a ten. Same with Breath of the Wild.

Not to mention, are we still pretending 8 is a bad score? If Edge is worth their salt at all then they must use an actual 1-10 scale and not a stupid "7/10, it's shit" scale.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's already a success in Japan, it flopping in NA will only harm Atlus USA.

What's the point of having such a big open world if it's emptier than the balls of a masturbation addict

My reaction to this game as well.

I like all the people saying "It's just like P4!" Like that's a bad thing.

P4 was goddamn great. And P5 looks like P4, in HD, with the SMT elements turned up a bit. How does any of that sound bad to anyone?

Thats not how things work.

Because they're baiting you.

Wow, edge being edgy, wow

You're on Sup Forums, why expect anything different?

>REVIEWS DON'T MATTER FOR WEEBTRASH I LIKE BUT MATTER FOR MASS EFFECT

Hang on a sec, I just realized something

Is P5 the first true-blue turn-based JRPG of the gen?

It can't be, but I can't think of any others.

>P4 was goddamn great
it was barely a game

No, it's just Edge reviews that don't matter. They're wrong about everything and always have been.

There are have been plenty of turn based JRPGs this generation, it's just that they're mostly Compile Heart tier garbage. I think that Digimon game is the highest quality turn based JRPG until now.

Andromeda is unironically shit though, you don't need a review to know that, maybe in a few months it's going to be a good game like Inquisition

hmmmm I wonder who is behind this post?

t. someone who didn't play it.

Dude, Mass Effect Andromeda dropped big time because of cut corners and lazy presentation.

Besides, critic scores are there to just give us an idea of whether or not we should give into the hype and buy day one, wait a while for the price to drop, rent it, or avoid it completely.

Just look at the following picture for details. Also, FF15 has a critic score of 81 and it was mostly good (save for some questionable decision making)

>tfw own a PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch, 3DS and PC
>tfw still don't want to play this

World of Final Fantasy, I am Setsuna, and Digimon Story cyber sluth say hi.

Besides, this just happens to be the one generation that DOESN'T have a turn based Final Fantasy main entry. Last generation, FF13 was the turn based Final Fantasy game. FF15 just happens to be the first action RPG that is a main entry.

FF15 was supposed to be a sidegame for FF13.
It started as FF13-vs.
Basically we got cheated out of a mainline game as they made a sidegame mainline.

Not really. Plenty of Japanese games start out as a side game that become a main entry.

Resident Evil 3 wasn't even a main entry and was suppose to be RF 1.9.

Devil May Cry was originally a demo for RE4 before it became a thing.

NEIR was a spiritual sucessor to the Drakengard series but became a full fledged franchise with the addition of NEIR Automata.

True blue ? What do you mean ?

>Sup Forums Video Game sales and industry predictions.

Versus was also changed heavily so that Square could tolerate it as a mainline game. It was originally supposed to be a lot darker.

yeah we need to go back to Sup Forums - Falseflagging and Crying Wojaks

Except this game probably has a miniscule budget compared to Mass Effect. It has already sold better than any other Atlus game in Japan and there are a lot of weebs waiting to buy it.

Sup Forums because it gives more fuel to shitpost.

>Reviews are good.
>Shill shill bought reviews don't matter!

>Reviews are less than 9/10
>Flop of the century game is garbage reviews never lie!

lol, i have a PS4 pro.

You rather forgot the fact that westerners who know nip also said it's their absolute GOTY.

>Comparing Persona 5 to Mass Effect SJW edition
OP is a faggot, what a surprise

Why does Sup Forums care so much about scores?

>expecting a 100 hour long waifu simulator to get perfect scores

P5 already was a success in japan. Unless edge magazine constructs a time machine and somehow undoes the success it already had they won't do shit to the game.

Name something you like so we can all call it shit

I mean, anyone expecting perfect scores is delusional. There are a lot of things inherent to the series and the game in particular that the west just doesn't enjoy
>life sim elements
>turn based combat
>self insert character
>ryuji

If you like Persona, buy it. If you don't, don't fucking buy it.

I like medium roast coffe, but brewed stronger than normal so you get a rich flavor without the bitterness of a dark roast.

fite me

Nu/v/

>filename
>not "The Game so bad that it made the pope hate video games"
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-urges-young-people-to-reject-video-games-and-engage-in-activism-instead-a7164376.html

Western reviews will destroy Persona 5, and you know it.

Read my post again and tell me how your post has ANYTHING to do with mine.

>It was way too similar to P4
Lies, the only similar thing was Goro is the traitor

>when the worst game in the franchise has a 94 on metacritic
Suuureee, buddy

So it's way too similar to the best rpg of all time? Kill yourself cuck.

oh shit
next you're gonna tell methe entire game was an elaborate send off to Igor's VA

But Persona 3 has an 89

Persona 4 is trash though.

Dude, I'm as hyped as you are but if you think that P4 is the greatest RPG of all time you might actually want to consider taking a good long look at your life

see above

Franchise fatigue , read the edge review.

They also gave Shit in the Wild a 10/10 and called it the best game ever made.
Edge is an edgy Reddit video games blog with utter shit taste.
What those nu-male cuckolds say means fuckall.

Who believes an 8/10 is a bad score?

Cancerous shitposting double nigger faggots that's who.

It'll most likely flop yes, but not because of the reviews.

Games just don't sell as much as they used to. Either that, or developers expect too much of their games.

Persona 5 is Atlus' best selling game of all time in Japan iirc

6/10 at best. Only a Nintendownie would consider this Ubisoft Skyrim empty sandbox with copy pasted everything and 90% of its content reused a good game.

how you get tired of a franchise when the last one came out on da fucking ps2?

But I guarantee you'd love playing a visual novel with some clunky shoehorned mini games.

P4G on vita.

that's a fucking port

>western reviewers hate Jap games that don't appeal to their pretentious art fetish or whose publishers don't have the cash to fork over to them
Well gee who could've ever seen that coming?

so what?

P4G has a 93 MC score.

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY
SONY IS FINISHED

that's like saying you're tired of BoTW because there's a switch version and a wii u version

no, that's not the same situation.

how

Jews fear the Samurai.

>Basically we got cheated out of a mainline game as they made a sidegame mainline.
this has been the case since 2009.
All of 13's sequels felt like afterthoughts, and although 14 is nice it's an MMO.

>Not to mention, are we still pretending 8 is a bad score?
Why do people say this when it's been known for 10+ years that in vidya review land, 10 is great but flawed, 9 is very good but flawed, 8 is good with larger flaws, 7 is "eh" tier, sub-par and anything below is trash.

If anything it's only gotten worse because now not only do you have publishers buying reviews but people who give scores based on the pretentiousness of the game or for political reasons or wanting to fight with perceived fan rage or whatever. It's become a world where getting anything below a 9 or a 90 or 4 stars depending on the review system is seen as unacceptable due to score inflation.