Witcher 2

You sided with the right guy in Witcher 2 right user?

What other correct choices did you make?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNv9nR7QVPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck him. He's like the SJW-chief of the in-game universe.
Pic related is /ourguy/.

Helped Iorveth, Loredo Lives, Helped Triss foil Nilfgard plot to frame mages

Those are some nice decisions you made throughout the game. It would be a shame if the next game simply...made them irrelevant.

I did. I also saved Triss just to tell her to fuck off because I didn't trust her.

None of this mattered in TW3 ;_;

SJWs never do anything. Iorveth is a freedom fighter for the white race (elves) against invading niggers/refugees (humans)

>Humans supporting non-Humans

Garithos was right. Even though Geralt is part of an aloof and bitter caste of demi-Humans I didn't let that stop me from supporting the right side, mine.

>SJW
you don't know what that means.

Dr. Kalkstein, I'm Blue Stripes. Uh...you don't get to bring friends.

>He's like the SJW-chief of the in-game universe.
No because he fights actual oppression.

HEY I HEARD YOU LIKED MORAL AMBIGUITY AND TREATISES ON WAR AND POLITICS

SO I REMOVED ALL THAT IN THE NEXT GAME IN FAVOR OF WAIFU CHOICES AND DAUGHTERU SIM LOL

Reminder that the Scoia'tael are inspired in part by Polish and Lithuanian freedom fighters in the USSR dominated Eastern Europe of the 20th century

>mfw Americans think they're supposed to be indian savages

What's that!? You want the North to win the war? Ok you have two options: Either let the batshit insane genocidal maniac remain king, or let the spy kill all of your friends.

I'm actually ok with that part except Dijkstra being a moron. No clear cut good choice is a very witcher thing to happen. Not that Geralt generally cares much either way, in character.

can I play this game with a keyboard and touchpad, or do i need a mouse

You basically have to have a mouse or controller.

It was a bit annoying since Roche actually nutted up and helped you fight the Wild Hunt while Dijkstra told you to go fuck yourself. I felt like such a dick leaving them to die after they helped me out. But I hated the Emperor even more so what had to be done had to be done.

will a shitty gaming controller work?

>Ioverth and Saskia NOWHERE to be seen during Witcher 3

Radovid did nothing wrong, KIKE
youtube.com/watch?v=FNv9nR7QVPk

Yeah, Roche was the bro I chose.

Broche.

>It was a bit annoying since Roche actually nutted up and helped you fight the Wild Hunt
Which makes no sense, but I guess I can let it slide. Or could if they actually put any effort into said fan service.

>No Iorveth, Saskia, Siegfried, or whoever else might reasonably be expected to show up or even help at Kaer Morhen
Sad!

Probably

>People choosing Roache
>The same guy who framed you for the assassination

thx my man

Reminder that the forest brothers weren't funded by Western Europe to destabilize the USSR so that's a realy shitty analogy.

>Iorveth was in the game but cut
>They thought more waifu dialogue was more important to put in the game after release

when were u when CDPR became bioware

USSR used Polish rebels to fuck with the Nazis before leaving them all to die just like Nilfs did with the Scoia'tael

>EVER comparing CDPR to Bioware
Absolute blasphemy

>side with roache
Rainy, muddy, military camp. Everyone is pissed off, and gloomy, your friends aren't there
>iorveth
Comfy dwarven village. Get to hang out with your friends, and fuck a succubus.

Pretty easy decision, in hindsight.

>Compared to a filthy elf

Bioware too was once considered a great company

>>side with roache
>Rainy, muddy, military camp. Everyone is pissed off, and gloomy, your friends aren't there
>>iorveth
>Comfy dwarven village. Get to hang out with your friends, and fuck a succubus.
There is literally no reason not to do a playthrough for each

He got outplayed in the game of life. :^)

Hes not the right guy, but gameplaywise, iorveth path is the best.

But he won and lived to defeat Nilfgay?

>made sure to pick up Philippa's dagger at the end of TW2 just before TW3's release so I can have it at the start of the next game and save Saskia
god damn it

Oh god i forgot about that.

>implying that the best of the political endings isn't the restoration of Not-Poland

>Vassal state of Nilgaard
>"return of Not-Poland"
Well actually-

Wait that describes a ton of modern Polish history. So yeah, you're technically right.

>What other correct choices did you make?
I made all the correct choices.

Spared Aryan La Valette.
Sided with Roche.
Killed Loredo.
Killed Henselt.
Rescued Anais and didn't hand her over to Radovid.
Saved Sile.
Spared Saskia.
Spared Letho.

it worked out well enough for touissant

None of the Northern Kingdoms are any real life state but if they were, Temeria would be France.

>All those French names
>The banner

>Saved Sile.
That's just dumb.

>Mwahahaha die Witcher OH SHIT HELP
>Oh ok

It ain't called the Christ of Nations for nothing

The thing that sort of lessens the threat of elves and dwarves in my eyes is how slowly they breed. There's no danger of them taking over society when humans can outbreed them 10-1. Radovid's pograms seem superfluous, and needlessly cruel with that in mind.

Touisant is not its own sovereign state though. I'm just saying it's not a "return of Temeria". It's just for show. Touissant sucks anyway.

Can someone explain to me why Nilfgaard taking over the North is considered bad? They seem much more civilized than the northern retards

He is Nilfgardian Dog. There's no mercy for Nilfgardian dogs.

>The thing that sort of lessens the threat of elves and dwarves in my eyes is how slowly they breed. There's no danger of them taking over society when humans can outbreed them 10-1.
Elves are basically going extinct in Witcher world. They lost too much of their fertile population so it's probably just a matter of time.

>Radovid's pograms seem superfluous, and needlessly cruel with that in mind.
I don't think Radovid himself really gave a shit about non-humans either way. It was just something to distract the masses with.

The Emperor was a cunt to me. Fuck him.

fuck off nordling scum

Can I jump straight to 3 if I read 2 of the books(The last wish and Sword of destiny)?

>Can someone explain to me why Nilfgaard taking over the North is considered bad? They seem much more civilized than the northern retards
The games don't shove your face in it so it's easy for people that started with the Witcher 3 to think NIlfgaard is actually fine. But

1. They caused all the chaos that turned the North to shit in the first place, so they could invade them easier

2. They're big on mass slavery and in the last war went out o their way to try to permanently wreck the North's economy through brutal sackings and massacres of a scale the North had simply never seen before.

While various Northern polities were often at war with each other, they were very short, low intensity wars with comparatively few deaths and low stakes. Total war hadn't been a concept in the North for a couple centuries until Nilgaard invaded.

Who would even want to own Temeria anyway? It's all swampy and poor and shitty. People worshiping fucking crones and bullshit.

He hates Nilfgaard though. By that standard Geralt is a Nilfgaardian dog since he's used by them too.

You can but it would be dumb. It's ok though, CDPR dumbed a lot of stuff down for you so you'll think you understand what's going on. Plus the things that don't make sense to anyone can be written off by you as "oh if I'd read the other book I'd get this". It's the perfect crime.

Kind of bugged me that the entire series focused so much on temeria.

No, there are ABSOLUTELY analogues of European history regarding many of the in-game factions and nations.

NIlfgaard is pretty clearly following Pax Romana, Skellige resembles the Nordics, Kovir sounds a lot like Venice, Toussaint feels quite French, and, as I just said, Temeria's rocky history is clearly similar to Poland's.

I kind of MAYBE think that there could also be a comparison drawn between Temeria and Russia, but I'm less sure of that one.

>Who would even want to own Temeria anyway? It's all swampy and poor and shitty. People worshiping fucking crones and bullshit.
You know that's only one part of one province of Temeria, right? Most of the country isn't like that. North Velen is a shitty backwater.

Trish is worst

>only way to kill the last crone is if Ciri dies

Witcher 2 had such amazing original character

Witcher 3 was pretty ass desu

Everything you named is extremely shallow. Purely cosmetic. Also shows a poor understanding of history what with the "trading=venice" crap.

Daily reminder Nilfgaard winning with Ciri as Empress is the best ending

>Reminder that the forest brothers weren't funded by Western Europe to destabilize the USSR

Actually yes, yes they were.

No people that started with TW3 but think they're super fans that know everything are the worst. Trish is second worst.

First part of TW3 is mostly great with a few missteps. Other than that, when non-Ciri original characters are on-screen, it's great. Otherwise, with the exception of the awesome Hearts of Stone, CDPR's writing really went downhill in TW3.

That ending only exists to pander to newfags. It makes no sense for any of the characters involved or even from a purely logical standpoint.

>Ciri
>A good monarch
top kek

I honestly just didn't remember much about Kovir so I simply took a guess based on what little I could remember and hoped that it was at least somewhat close.

also features the actually best Witcher girl

>Saskia
>Girl
Reminder that Saskia is a male dragon that turns into a human woman.

>you will never fuck her

>choices have large impact on the game
>have little impact on the sequel

I prefer this to the Bioware method where your choices don't matter in the game but have an impact in the sequel. Or the Telltale method where choices don't matter at all.

If the Iorveth/Roche choice made no difference to the Witcher 2 but determined which character would show up in the Witcher 3, you'd be far less likely to go back to the Witcher 2 and play the other route. But because you get two completely different chapter 2 experiences in the Witcher 2 depending on which you side with, you have more game content to play and it makes the Witcher 2 more replayable and richer as a whole.

Obviously the ideal solution would be your choices have impact on the game itself and in the sequel, but decisions can add up exponentially over multiple games which can make it very difficult to balance all sorts of decisions in the sequel, so there's some merit with doing away with the pretense all together, otherwise you end up with shit like the ending to Mass Effect 3.

>keeps trying to marry for allegiances
>they all die horrible deaths just like all of her other girlfriends in the books
>no one wants to ally with Nilfgaard anymore

fucking imagine it

>The woman had the necessary qualities. From her father she'd inherited an empress' political instincts. From Geralt she gad gained a sense of simple, human decency

I agree. Out of the three endings it's a good bittersweet note, and the witcheress ending felt very rushed, and short in comparison. Although if you're a bookfag it's probably kind of nauseating considering what a sick fuck the emperor was in the books.

Finally the manlets win one

I agree but the half measures CDPR did for TW2-TW3 were insulting. It would have been. Stuff like including Roche but totally changing his character, and the botched political storyline in the North? The nonsensical Triss waifu plotline? Philippa being pretty much irrelevant? Iorveth and Saskia just disappearing despite needless callbacks like Thaler showing up and memeing?

Would have almost been better to just reset everything.

When you say original characters, are you talking about characters who are originally from the books or originally from the game?

>>The woman had the necessary qualities. From her father she'd inherited an empress' political instincts. From Geralt she gad gained a sense of simple, human decency

>Dandelion said so in a 10 second ending narration so it all makes perfect sense. Let me forget everything I've seen from Ciri in the entire game and in the books because THE WRITERS SAID.

Biodrone tier.

>can't fuck Ciri as Geralt in TW3
Triss and Yennefer suck, I hate sorceresses.

Yes I played the other games.

Yes, Roche is the better choice. But if you go with him, not only you fuck up his plans and get his entire squad killed, you also manage to fuck up everything else.
If you go with Iorveth however, Roche's people are fine because there wasn't a retarded witcher to fuck up their conspiracy, you get to see how a real sorcerer dies instead of the edgy murderfest. Oh, and Saskia gets to live for a few weeks longer.

Ciri is a sorceress

>hippie
>terrorist
>commie
Fuck off

>I agree but the half measures CDPR did for TW2-TW3 were insulting. It would have been. Stuff like including Roche but totally changing his character, and the botched political storyline in the North? The nonsensical Triss waifu plotline? Philippa being pretty much irrelevant? Iorveth and Saskia just disappearing despite needless callbacks like Thaler showing up and memeing?
I'm and currently playing through Witcher 3 for the first time.

Can I make Anais Queen of Temeria again? I love that girl.

It doesn't make sense at all even if you're not a bookfag but fortunately gamers never stop and think about anything so they didn't notice.

Best ending is Geralt dies. Shame you have to make him act like a retard to get it.

Books. Only decent CDPR only characters in TW3 where the Bloody Baron, the Crones, and the cast of Hearts of Stone. Which is surprising given what a good job they did with their own characters in TW2.

She isn't seen or mentioned once. There were definitely a lot of glaring omissions in the third game.

She's really shitty though since she sort of suppressed all her native non-elder blood magic abilities. At least for awhile.

Read the books faggot

>Geralt
>Ever actually liking a psychotic sadistic elf hunter
Forced as fuck in TW3

Anais is never mentioned again.

>Read the books faggot
I read Last Wish and half of Sword of Destiny. They were alright for trashy genre fiction.

At home, jerking to the bestest waifu (Yen).

>First part of TW3 is mostly great with a few missteps.

Yea, first 20-30% were pretty promising but then after you went to Novigrad goes downhill ...Witcher 2 was packed with good writing, constantly the story developed and you had these awesome moment after moment of good writing and dialogue.

Witcher 3 story didn't really feel like that except stretched to 80 hours, most of the stuff they attempted to do was just a dud. Almost any king in the series had more presence than Emhyr, and he was voiced by charles dance.

The best explanation i could come up with Is I remember when the game was out there was discussion on the forums and they told me the lead writer of Witcher 2 (Sebastian Stefien) was made the lead writer of Cyberpunk, and that was done in late 2012.

>wants to fuck emotionally disturbed adopted daughter
That's our Sup Forums!

>reducing good characters to waifus
Video games were a mistake

>Make best writer the lead writer for a game that is never ever coming out
Why does CDPR hate us so?

Accommodating the open world elements into Witcher 3 had a negative effect on the story.

That being said, Witcher 3 is still a great game, even if it is a couple steps down narratively from Witcher 2.

Fuck no, Iorveth was a prissy little cunt. I laughed out loud when Geralt socked in the mouth. The scoatiel in general are such blatant hypocrites in the witcher universe. 'We just want to live free and in peace.' But instead of fucking off they instead opt to raid human settlements and incite riots.Absolute twofaced little shits.

Roche by contrast is a fucking bro. Watching him shank Henselt and castrate Dethmold was the highlight of my witcher 2 playthrough.

Witcher 3 is a pretty good game but it's a disappointment to me after TW2. Open world should either never have happened or been cut down to about half its current size, at least. Hearts of Stone proved how much it damaged the writing by being a standalone try in a limited area and blowing the main game out of the water.

The writing in Touissant was shit but I guess by then they just didn't give a fuck.

With every open world game the story suffers from it.

>hmm what's that?
>you need me to stop this quickly approaching threat to the entire world
>hold on one minute i'm gonna help this guy find his cat

>m-muh Iorveth
>m-muh Saskia
Off screen death by Nilfgard conquering Northern Aedirn is a better fate than those Scoia'tael scum deserve.

They're no better than common bandits.

>'We just want to live free and in peace.'
I dn't remember any Scoia'tael leader ever saying that. Especially Iorveth. If anything it's the other way. Iorveth is very open in his hatred for all humans but is willing to adopt Saskia's compromise for the sake of his people.

>Roche by contrast is a fucking bro.
Roche is just a spetznaz guy that uses Geralt. He'd kill him in a second if he thought it would help him out. Only reason he even helps him on Iorveth's path was to fuck with Nilfgaard.

It will be out, but even if the game is a buggy mess of ideas at least the writing will be good and that will save it, critically.

I think they could have done a lot better even bwith the basic plot outline they were working with

"Bro who breaks you out of prison" vs. "a literally-who non-human terrorist who introduces himself by shooting at you"

Gee, tough choice there

He's a fucking nationalist terrorist. Pretty far from SJWs

The only difference between Roche and Iorveth is that Roche's side won years ago.

>he thinks the choice is "who u want as a bro senpai" and not "what is your priority, finding the Kingslayer as fast as possible or finding out more about them before pursuing"
Gamers are so shallow.