The Great Flood never happened in this timeline yet Koroks exist and Ritos coexist with Zoras as an independent race

>the Great Flood never happened in this timeline yet Koroks exist and Ritos coexist with Zoras as an independent race

Why doesn't Nintendo just flat-out admit they don't give a shit about Zelda continuity?

Other urls found in this thread:

zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Salt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because all you spergass fucks would implode

>roommate trying to fit it into the timeline starts giving up, saying it's an alternate universe

They should have never started.

Timeline theory is fucking nonsense.

Because Nintendo don't want to piss off their hardcore fans by telling them that they to get the fuck outside and get laid.

Although they will never admit it, Nintendo don't give two fucks about a timeline. Nintendo just want to make games and not have their creativity stifled by having to adhere to some autistic continuity.

>be nintendo
>don't really have a plan, in fact several times reused an old plotline imagined slightly differently
>have an artbook on the pipeline to milk the fanbase
>realize a good way to market it is to include some bullshit the fanboys rave about
>add a bunch of shit to it that makes no sense
>don't give a fuck they'll eat it up anyway

zelda continuity was invented by autists and is occasionally vaguely mentioned by nintendo as an afterthought to appeal to them

however they are such a small minority that they appropriately dont put any effort into it

>game clearly takes place centuries after TP
>has races that only exist in WW for no reason

They don't actually. They just make up shit as it goes without putting too much thought into it. Most of the references to other games are mostly for cool factor.

If we were to go by every detail and references present in BtoW then the timeline explodes.

I think the biggest mistake was ackowledgning the autists by giving them not only an "official" timeline but also giving them an origin story.

Fucking THIS. When you start having to do split timelines to explain shit you know it's fucking nonsense they made up on a coffee break. Earlier games were never made with this shit in mind but now they're trying to back pedal and say it always was. Then fucking Skyward Sword comes along and makes things even worse with the reincarnation bullshit forever forcing the 3 characters into the same roles for eternity.

zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Salt

>Crystallized salt from the ancient sea

The great flood happened

>Ritos coexist with Zoras
Are you implying ritos in wind waker evolved from zoras? What evidence is there to support that?

Fuck you split timelines are great, zelda is the best time travel story since BTTF

it's canon my dude, look it up

They did add the Rito to the Hyrule Market sculptures that lead up to the castle in the Twilight Princess HD version.

There would have been Picori too but they were cut.

Well that's actually part of wind waker- Medli is a blood-related descendant of the zora sage, which makes her a sage as well

>anti-timeline fags who think the story has no continuity, despite it being nearly perfect with the exception of the capcom games.
>Timeline fags that think Nintendo cares about every single minute detail.
Think that about sums it up.

They wanted to put all their favorite elements in the game and thus pulled stuff in from The Wind Waker like the Koroks and the Rito despite Hyrule not being flooded. They had already said they develop the game first and think about its placement later. Contradicting some stuff doesn't bother them.

Nintendo already said their Zelda games won't have continuity like that.

Expect it to be a movie representation of a book, the base is the same, but each game is like a movie made by different people.

maybe the BotW Zora are from a lost tribe that survived the flood

.... I got nothing

>Post-OoT
>Kokiri can evolve into Koroks when necessary, so it happened
>Rito probably just means "bird people," and at some point bird people appeared without descending from Zora

Problem solved.

>>Rito probably just means "bird people,"
Quite literally. Rito is just tori (bird in Japanese) backwards.

Wouldn't surprise me

not ALL Zoras would have evolved into birds. Its possible that some Zora did stay in the water and never changed.

Why is it so hard for autists to accept that character models can take on different roles in each legend? The series literally has the word "legend" in it. If you don't know what that means look it up.

No kidding. They never had any "timeline" bullshit until a bunch of autists convinced themselves it was all connected, because apparently that matters at all. Nintendo saw a way to make some easy money for minimum effort, and took it.

Further point:
>Post-skyloft, there were still people living in the sky (Minish Cap)
>Bird people could descend from those

>zora that lived near the surface of the water evolved into rito
>zora that lived deeper down continues to evolve traits suited to more and more abyssal ocean living
Bioluminescent zora with knife teeth when

You fucker, BotW happens in all timelines.

I thought it was stated that in BOTW the timelines converged, and Ganon was also permanently defeated?

Since this is potentially tens of thousands of years in the future I'm going to say there was more time fuckery its a merged timeline now.

I mean timeshift stones were in SS, the "origin" that features ancient technology. The master sword and sage of time sealed you for 7 years. You have direct control over the flow of time in another adventure.

The first games are directly connected. Same with alttp and LA. WW timeline went on for 2 more games

The autists are the ones that try and connect separate links.

If they didnt always start with "long ago some crazy war happened" they would be easier to deal with honestly.

and in TP we see those mutant bird people

Yeah BotW looks like a convergence point of all 3 timelines. Would be cool if BotW acted like Zelda 1 and acted as a soft-reboot from which we can get more split timelines, it would really please my autism.

don't the Koroks grow more land in WW with thise trees you have to water? this Hyrule is probably the result of that

>and Ganon was also permanently defeated?

Thats what zelda said then she fucking contradicted herself. Getting real tired of this sealing magic light arrow bullshit in every single zelda climax

You never killed him. I cant even remember the last time you actually KILL ganon since alttp

>Why doesn't Nintendo just flat-out admit they don't give a shit about Zelda continuity?

Because it's always been obvious to anyone who isn't an utter retard. They just don't want to offend their autistic fanbase who came up with the timelines fan theory.

All Zelda games aside from obvious sequels like Majora are a retelling of the same legend.

Hyrule Historia is false fan pandering, it was just published because it helps sales if nerds think these stories are deeper than they are.

I think Wind Waker Dorf died permanently

I played the end of the game and didn't see anything like that

I just saw gannon's ghost pig head float up into the sky

WW dorf was best dorf though

That does explain why they're found on so many mountaintops.

Cause Zelda killed him, Ganon gave up on reincarnation and manifested into the world.

Don't you remember at the end when Zelda literally nuked him into non-existence?

We need a new villain anyways. I love Ganon but he needs to take a break.

The game also takes place more than 10 000 years after OoT, not a measely 100, it's entirely possible the Kokiri and a tribe of Zoras naturally evolved into Koroks and Ritos instead of being magically forced to do so.

>All Zelda games aside from obvious sequels like Majora are a retelling of the same legend.
But practically every single Zelda game is an obvious sequel you fuck.

BRING BACK VAATI

Zero confirmation and hes survived worse so who fucking knows.

I use to hate him but the more I think about it the more it seems like he never wanted to fight, he was always holding back, always. He let link get away even though he saw that green tunic. Even in the end he never used all his magic.

He just seemed so. Tired.

I hate all the fags that portray him based of of the one line, you know the one. Those people ruined him for me for a long time.

I agree with this.

Fuck, just give me a remake of Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

I would gladly play a rehash of that.

Are Zora aquatic mammals or fish or what?

This pretty much. Theres different versions of the same legend and some fanfic where the hero fails also

Sure whatever you want to believe.

They are fish, they lay eggs as evident in MM

>They planned 4 Swords for DS ages ago
>Could have resused the idea on 3DS/Wii U still because of the 2 screens
>They still didn't bother
Bastards. Suppose that DSi game was the result of it all.

source?

She says that but she has zero way of knowing first of all, and secondly all she can do is seal evil.

You must not have gotten the whole ending because zelda says and I quote
"Although Ganon is gone fore now, there is still so much more for us to do."

Stop pretending zelda could end demise' curse when ganon and the goddess both dont even touch his true powers.

>for now

DLC bitches!

Explain how it's not. Just look at only the Adult line for fucks sake. ST is clearly a sequel to PH which is clearly a sequel to WW which is clearly a sequel to OoT. Besides the Capcom games and BoTW, there is little discrepancies between the games.

This game is pretty clearly at the end of the WW timeline. It's just been a long motherfucking time.

Ain't no timelime bitches,let that shit go. It's about making money off of people,not feeding your autistic sensibilities.

Am I the only one who always thought and still thinks the oracles games never "really" happened?

The intro to them just seems so on the nose to me.

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill

Why do you pieces of shit keep trying to find continuity in the Zelda games? It's literally a meme at this point, and Nintendo has never committed to creating a coherent timeline. Enjoy the games as they come, don't try to connect everything. I literally want to kill anyone who talks about the Zelda timeline as if the games SHOULD have such a timeline.

because that would stop people from talking about it.

and that's not profitable.

WW is clearly a sequel to OOT?

The scope of the passage of time in botw is so huge I don't see how it matters, especially if the implication is that 10,000 years between Ganon reappearances is standard. Why can't the game just be in one timeline but so fucking far in the future that things that happened in other timelines happened in this one? Maybe koroks and ritos evolved like they did here for different reasons than in wind waker? Maybe this happens after wind waker but that timeline had a run in with the twilight realm at some point?

Events in separate timelines are not mutually exclusive.

Hero of Time statue in the dead center of the castle.

OoT link is the hero of time.

Nobody makes money off this autism.

Yes

Timeline shit started in OOT/WW. It is right there in those games, it's not a recent thing. The devs planned it.

>Explain how it's not.

Does it matter? Your thought is too constrained, looking for an answer that you already have and don't even need. It's a sad state of affairs that this digital age has brought upon us.

>What are Hyrule Historia and Hyrule Encyclopedia?

>especially if the implication is that 10,000 years between Ganon reappearances is standard

How would that be the case when we have no way of knowing what happened to him the last time? Unless thats his regen timer after a tough fight like superman.

I just saying hes been killed, sealed, resurrected, and more. I dont think theres a set way for him to return.

That's a pretty fancy way of saying that you have no argument.

>Why doesn't Nintendo just flat-out admit they don't give a shit about Zelda continuity?
Haven't they?

Doesn't your very sentence before this prove they don't?

Why aren't people this autistic about the Mario timeline? I mean, they're spergy about "Lore" and shit, but I never see them poring over stuff like the Zelda fanbase does.

Reminder that autistic people have problems with abstract thinking. So you have autists like OP that have to find a meaning and backstory for every small part of the game because they refuse to believe that the devs merely used koroks because they were cute looking creatures.

Exactly, even the "hero never returned" segment alluded to him going to MM

Oh they do. It's what causes people to get Zelda tattoos and Zelda merchandise because they are "about" Zelda. Pandering to people who need a timeline leads to consistent sales and they breed the next generation of consistent sales.

People need to stop separating the stories they love from the profit bases corporations they come from, the two are interwoven.

that could be any link.

more like they are too stupid to realize that a korok is just a generic forest spirit. They can be any shape they need to be. they are born from the great tree and are spirit beings.

Its insane that they cant fathom that just maybe the koroks are the most primal form they can take when times arent so good. And when hyrule is prospering they can re-emerge in more relateable forms.

Zelda stuff sells well because people like it, not because autists argue timelines online.

>Why aren't people this autistic about the Mario timeline?

There are threads about that too, it's even worse because there are no straws to grasp other than the ones they make up in their heads.

There was only one hero of time, and there is windows which display the sages from ocarina of time in hyrule castle in wind waker, the reason that the link in the intro disappeared is because he was sent back in time in the ocarina of time ending.

Because every 3D zelda since OoT has had explicit references to OoT happening in the past (except Skyward Sword which is explicitly set before OoT)

Mario, on the other hand, plays fast and loose with even having a plot

They never gave a shit until a bunch of autistic fans splurged at them for an official timeline like dipshits

This. It's the same legend told by different people.

The only exception to this is the sequels that are directly, explicitly stated to be sequels (OoT-MM, OoT-WW-PH-ST, LoZ-AoL, ALttP-LA) but they are still part of that overall legend.

Skyward Sword had an ancient sea as well.

>Rito evolved from Zora
>Why are there still Zora?

>Humans evolved from monkeys
>Why are there still monkeys?

Also, the Koroks and Kokiri are p obviously descended from the Kikwi I'm Skyward Sword. The Kokiri only look like Hylian children because they're guarding Link. They're disguised through magic, like how Zelda turned into a dude.

Fucking this.

Its like the ocean in zelda 1 and 2 didnt exist as well.

>Don't you remember at the end when Zelda literally nuked him into non-existence?
You mean when she used her sealing powers to seal him?

Every zelda game has had references to at least some of the ones that preceded it.
Fuck, even Zelda 1 had a reference to Dragon Quest.
Why aren't these autists consistent in their retardation?

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess

>trying to compare fantasy evolution to evolution

Don't even, user. The fact Zora even "evolved" into Rito is fucking retarded to begin with.

>the only race that was wiped out by the Great Flood, in which all of Hyrule was covered in water, is the one race that lives and thrives in water
This never made any fucking sense. Do they honestly expect people to just buy this shit?

the game literally confirmes it takes place in the TP timeline

>The fact Zora even "evolved" into Rito is fucking retarded to begin with.
This.

>hey check out this great big ocean
>cool we can really thrive here
>shit nevermind we're birds now

it more like the three godesses flooded Hyrule and they didn't want somebody to find it
so they 'evolved' Zoras into Rito with their magic

it's easy as that

I don't understand how anyone can think there isn't any continuity. Just take out the Capcom games and you see pretty clearly that a timeline makes perfect sense.

>timeline

Inhale mustard gas

Or they could have just used their magic to hide Hyrule from notice. That seems a lot simpler, and smarter given the fact that Zoras aren't the only ones who would be exploring in the ocean.