Demon's Souls or Dark Souls?

Which of these two games are better in your opinion? Dark Souls will be the obvious choice for most, since the majority of plebs couldn't afford a PS3 after their Wii purchase. IMO, Demon's is better. Atmosphere, controls, balance, everything. The multi-level design of DeS also shits on top of Dark Souls' generic open world baby pucky.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T9wJVpldUPU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mtu9OZfQ1yg&t=43s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can feel the way you do on the right panel in Skyrim too. Just install the Requiem mod.

But I play good games?

Why do you keep shilling that stupid mod?

Did you try Skyrim with Requiem? It's a whole different experience, not unlike the Souls games. The main difference is that the weapons are much more powerful and health is lower, so you really have to dodge and block like a madman to avoid getting raped. Also, no more damage sponge enemies.

Retards like you make us actual DeSfags look bad. I preferred the puzzle bosses, story, and hub more but the games are all so similar that anyone who dislikes the o th hers is a piece of shit (even the disappointing g DaSII)

because he feels like he found something new when in reality its the same shit different glaze

No, and I really don't want to. Skyrim is, by default, a lackluster, boring experience. Oblivion is the far better game.

>samefag

Literally kill yourself.

Honestly if you prefer DS to DeS, you are a piece of shit.

Not at all, you little idiot

>I don't know what you're talking about but I know it sucks

That's a great attitude to have.

>balance

Demon's Souls is the better game overall, but nothing about it was balanced.

Okay, so by your logic, I should give this mod a chance even though the regular game blows dick? That's like saying, "you should really try this other kind of ass rape, it's not like the other ass rape". Is this mod going to make the game less derivative, generic, grey, bland, boring and tedious? No. It's still the same shit game. This mod isn't capable of being anything other than a bandaid on a gaping wound.

Only if you sucked at melee and used royalty like a faggot.

It completely overhauls gameplay into something that's essentially a different game.

Unless your main gripes with Skyrim are weak plot and writing, there's no reason not to check it out. And if those are your main gripes, that means you're expecting good writing/plot from an Elder Scrolls game, in which case, you're truly and honestly retarded.

>no more damage sponge enemies

So the enemies die in one hit.
So it's literally easier than any Skyrim difficulty above adept. LOL

Just saying. I played skyrim for 3000 hours without getting bored.

Can't even remotely say the same for any shitty dark souls game.

Whoa, whoa, whooooaaa, who said anything about story or writing? I'm talking about problems like the terrible gameplay and color palette which consists of grey, brown, dark brown and shit. Oblivion was, is, and will always be the only modern ES worth playing.

You also die in one hit, unless you invest only into HP/armor. Besides, enemies now have unique resistances that you need to work around instead of just button-mashing them to death like a retard.

I think you just need to git gud, bruh. Did Taurus Demon turn you out?

demon's souls by a large margin

world tendency and inventory item burden pissed off casuals so fucking much that they were removed from the rest of the series. death cutting your max hp in half was pretty great too.

>I'm talking about problems like the terrible gameplay

Which, as I've clearly pointed out, Requiem completely overhauls into something that's not even close to the original.

> the terrible gameplay and color palette which consists of grey, brown, dark brown and shit.

Jesus fucking Christ, stop playing video-games and go stare for hours at Windows screensavers if that shit's so important to you.

stop responding to obvious trolls you retard, holy shit

no actual Sup Forums poster likes any TES game past morrowind, it's a reddit immigrant who is successfully trolling your dumb ass

Dark Souls 3 plays better.

Real player right here. WT was the shit. Actually offered a different experience every time you played, especially when played online. Item burden added an extra layer of strategy which was welcome. Poor Baby Souls players don't know the horror of PBWT on NG+ 5, DeS is for men.

Lol Dark Souls 3 is shit and you know it.

i miss demon's souls threads, dark souls threads were cut from a different, shittier cloth.

Demon's souls is the worst souls game by far.
shit bosses
shit linear levels besides Latria
shit PvP
shit framerate

It's a very interesting game to know where the series started but not worth playing more than twice.

> apparently can't have both good gameplay and color in a game

could you be any more of an obvious troll from reddit? Only offsite immigrants would say that, Sup Forums absolutely loves demon's souls

Neither. I prefer the Pathologic feeling.

Character and World Tendency is miles above what came after it.

Related item drops not os much.

> shit framerate
Apparently you've never played anything other than the PC version of Dark Souls because DeS was butter smooth compared to DS1.

Everything else you've said is objectively wrong in every way and you should feel bad about your tiny cock.

>meme souls
>good

W E W L A D

>muh colors

Homosexual detected.

I do apologize that your father fucked you so many times that you're afraid of colors. Did the pitch blackness of the blindfold soothe your discomfort?

>triggered this much
>projecting this hard

See a shrink, my boy, that kind of shit tends to leave lasting consequences on one's well-being.

Why would I see a shrink? I'm not the one with my dad's sperm implanted in my colon.

wew lad you mad

Damn nigga, your dad sure did one on you. This is the single biggest case of projecting I've seen on this site.

>skyrim's terrible combat but with difficulty
no thanks

Were those photos taken before or after father used your bung like a womb?

Seriously, though, is there something you want to tell us, user?

Alright... the truth is... Skyrim really is shit.

Oh wait, I get it. Your dad sat you in his lap and fucked you in the ass while playing Skyrim. Is that it, user? Is that why you're so traumatized by the game?

Sadly, it only took playing the game to leave me traumatized.

I liked Demon's better. Everything that came after is the same concept just rehashed.

You're trying just a wee bit too hard now.

Not to mention it was gayed up for casualcore faggots that think replenishing estus flasks and no health penalty is difficult.

>Controls
Nigga what.
Demon Soul's is clunky as fuck. After going through the whole DaS series and coming back to DeS they felt really off.
The atmosphere is pretty good, but something about the graphics/art really feels off and puts me off playing the game for a long period of time. DaS kinda had the same problem, but in a much smaller scale.

Sorry but if you think that the terrible, sluggish controls of Dark Souls are conceivably better than the smooth controls in DeS, there's no point in even arguing. I've heard people criticize DeS for a lot of things, but graphics/art style isn't one of them... weird.

>limited HP gain that refills along with enemy resets
>more casual than endless grass munching

I wouldn't say one is worse than the other, they're just different approaches to the same problem.

Endless Humanity was munching the problem

If you want to point out something casualised, just look straight at carry weight being removed.

Demons souls had shit bosses
Shit levels besides tower of latria

Worst OST track in the franchise so yeah, is >think replenishing estus flasks and no health penalty is difficult
worse

If you light a bonfire to replensih estus the whole enemies in the area will respawen, thats' the condequence, there's no way to get a new batch unless you do that.

In Des you can just buy another batch of 40 with zero consequences and for a game that loves to focus on equipment/item management they really don't give a fuck about you holding like 90 grass items

Except the game has been significantly toned down in every way to allot for the enemy resets and limited estus use. You could farm grasses to your heart's content but it didn't matter if you sucked at the game, you'd get your ass handed to you before you'd ever use all your grasses.

It plays the best in the series. Bar none.

Oh, please. You can buy infinite grass from half the merchants in the game.

And you even get the Cling Ring within the first 30 minutes, so the "penalty" is hardly.

DeS was even my first souls game and I had no problems with healing. Veterans have even less to worry about.

Lol shit bosses... every fucking boss in DS is almost identical. Worst OST? The profile screen music alone is better than anything in Dark Shit, no idea what you're talking about.

Who cares if enemies respawn? Everything about the game is easier. Having a stockpile of grasses just makes life easier, you're never going to use all those grasses if you suck, you'll die long before you get to use them. It's a convenience feature.

fixed

Aethetics & Story: DeS = BB > Dark Souls and its clones

Music: DeS = BB > rest

Gameplay: Bloodborne > rest

I don't know man. It's not just the controls, it's generally clunkier for me. Lots of the mechanics needed to be improved, which most where in DaS.

And I'm not criticising the graphics or the art. The graphics where decent back then and the art style is on point and really adds to the atmosphere. But there's something that looks... wrong. I've never managed to put my finger on it, and i've discussed it with firends and they agreed and suggested it might be the colour palette or something like that.

If by "best" you mean "most casual", then sure.

Except infinite grasses don't mean shit compared to DS where you aren't even going to use all of your estus because the enemies are retard easy. Cling ring or no cling ring, there's still a penalty which is more than I can say for Baby Souls.

What does that even mean? It is like comparing DMC3 to DMC1.

Dark Souls 3 is just faster and smoother.

>be shit
>run out of grass
>have to farm
>start to hate game
Estus avoided this potential problem for new players and shitty players alike.

Being good just meant you never had to stop and refill, so Estus changed nothing. Maybe making people a little less conservative with their HP refills since there's no potential farming involved or a moot point since you could just go buy them anyway.

I have no particular issues with either method but Estus is overall more well rounded as a healing mechanic.

Like what mechanics though?

I mean, hey, you're entitled to your opinion but I've never thought anything about DeS's art style or presentation looked "wrong", to me it's the best looking game in the series.

Now that is hipster talk.

Let's see... 10 tool items instead of 5, ridiculously fast running speed and pivoting ala Bloodbourne, far easier enemies, bosses that literally encourage you to use summons, selling items for souls, no health penalty, and what essentially constitutes the Nexus but without any of DeS's difficulty.

The best looking game is DaS3 though.

>suggested it might be the colour palette or something like that.
It looks very washed out but it was very deliberate to go with the whole souls motif

Or, you know, logic.

This

Dark Souls is open level design done right

Breath of the Wild is the best skyrim and dark souls games.

It's got a huge interesting world with actual gameplay elements to keep you busy and not lol freedom

It's got tough as fuck enemies and bosses. This is where you prepare to die.

Rpg elements that enable nerdy cucks to overcome their challenges.

BEST GAME

Yes, hipster logic is still logic.

From a technical perspective, sure. The newest game in a series is always going to have the best animation, textures, etc. But the actual aesthetics, atmosphere and presentation of the game are far better IMO. Just look at the HUD. They actually took time to make the DeS HUD look nice. The HUD in DS3 couldn't be any more bare-bones. Although, it's still better than the bullshit DS1 HUD that looks like two rulers filled in with red and green crayon...

>ridiculously fast running speed and pivoting ala Bloodbourne
this is not a bad thing
>far easier enemies
not really?
>bosses that literally encourage you to use summons
when does that ever happen
I hope you don't actually mean you were tempted to summon at any point
>no health penalty
this is absolutely not a bad thing

obvious troll is obvious

No it is just talk.

DaS3 is the best because it is the smoothest to play, not counting Bloodborn.

>no health penalty
Same HP penalty, it's just masked as a bonus in embered.

Yes, increasing run speed is never a bad thing, because you should be able to run through the entire game with no problems. Let's just let you teleport from the beginning to end in 10 seconds, problem solved.

The enemies are easier, by far. As are the bosses. Also, dozens of summon signs right by the door to every boss, never happened in DeS.

Not sure why you think having more health is a good thing in a game that's purposely supposed to punish you for failure, but oooookay.

not my fault Dark Souls is the same game made 3 times. Nevermind Miyazaki himself is sick of it.

That's such horse shit, I beat demons recently and the game is painfully worse than DaS. Fucking bland archetype bosses, few levels to explore, just boring and feels not as complete as games after it

>Also, dozens of summon signs right by the door to every boss, never happened in DeS.
Confirmed late to the party.

DaS3 has superior artstyle because it is just hires DaS1 with Bloodborn influence.

DeS is too metallic and black and white. It lacks the colors and variety of future games.

You literally just described Dark Souls.

>Everything about the game is easier.

Holy fuck, nigga saying in a game where you can one shot bosses (most weak to fire) with firestorm, use anti magic to trivialize bosses (idol slut and man eaters) 2nd chance to literally revive yourself with half your HP and enemies with a single move set youtube.com/watch?v=T9wJVpldUPU

And then finally a final boss who's half of his movesets his a striaght up copy from a previous boss (penetrator) and then spends 50% of the time trying to AOE himself and let you bully him hard?

youtube.com/watch?v=Mtu9OZfQ1yg&t=43s

HAHAHAHAHAHA Des is incredibly fucking easy, infinite healing system and broken ass magic system with retarded bosses that make the game a cake walk

If you think DeS is the easiest of the bunch, then I have to wonder why you find DS3 even slightly difficult.

Off the top of my head, carry weight and equip weight both existing. It's unecesary to have carry weight, and i think anyone can agree to that. All it does is require you to go back to the nexus anytime you want to change armour sets or to try something to fuck around in. It's not like you need to manage what items to keep or anything either, so it doesn't add depth to the game.

The herbs made the game a bit of a grind too. Some people like that, but personally I prefer to just actually play the game rather than killing the same enemies in an area repeatedly to get items to keep moving. It's kinda cheap. It's a bitch at the start.

The inventory also needed an extreme makeover (which came with DaS2 rather than 1 i think? Having the items in a grid rather than in a list).

I played a bit of the game again like, a month ago or so, but I can't remember most stuff too well, so that's all i have off the top of my head.

>increasing run speed is akin to putting a portal straight to the end of the game
what?

Enemies may be easier, I've never found any of the common enemies to be all that difficult in the first place though. You're delusional if you think the bosses are easier though, and playing offline I rarely saw a summon sign.

It's not a matter of having more health, it's a matter of a game not making success up to 50% less likely if you get killed trying to get good at it. I can understand it somewhat in Demon's Souls but I'm referring more specifically to the more recent version in Dark Souls 2, which was a travesty.

Because it has more miniboss mooks and the game is not as broken?

Demon's is better but Dark did an excellent job too. They're both 10/10 games that will go down as classics.

Funny how the two people shitting up this thread are just talking about Skyrim. Take it somewhere else faggots.

> not as broken
I'm dying.

The bosses in subsequent souls games blow Demons the fuck out, especially in terms of moveset variety. What challenging bosses are in Demons? Flamelurker who has like 2 attacks, maneaters who have like 3 and then there's the false king who is fun but retardedly easy to dodge imo

There's no point in having an argument if you're just going to make untrue autistic statements. DS bosses are stupidly easy. I guess it's possible you just need to git gud?

if you're holding 90 of any particular grass that is 9lbs of carry weight you're devoting strictly to grass.

That's stupid.

Come on let's be real here, bosses in des don't even have phases and have like 4 attacks and are just slow in most cases, 3 may have made it easier to spam dodge but the boss fights are still somewhat challenging.

Not to mention that it doesn't have broken shit like anti magic that would for example make crystal sage a complete joke

LOL except crystal sage is a fucking joke. Are you kidding me dude?