Oh, by the way, you can't use your old Splatoon Amiibos with Splatoon 2

>Oh, by the way, you can't use your old Splatoon Amiibos with Splatoon 2.

W O O O O O W

REALLY, NINTENDO?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-producer-on-the-setting-weapons-stages-gear-single-player-campaign-amiibo-online-more/
nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>source: my ass and/or the global testfire, which has tons of the full content locked because it's a server load test

Source

Amiibo are retarded anyway

this
I dont want to buy a fucking mcdonalds toy just to unlock shit, especially when they're almost always gone
atleast give it to us digitally

>locking kawaii schoolgirl outfit behind Amiibos

The monsters.

If you are retarded enough to buy overpriced physical DLC in the form of kids toys you deserve that.

Although I'm sure you're lying.

>This blatant cash grab is continuing to be a blatant cash grab!

Stop the fuckin presses.

How do you "deserve" to have things arbitrarily deprecated just because you purchased them?

Because you support a shitty practice. It's perhaps the absolute worst kind of DLC I can imagine.

If said shitty practice flops or stops being supported or doesn't work as intended/advertised why would I feel pity towards those who supported it?

This is like throwing money away at a kickstarter project, then bitching that it didn't go as planned. You immediately fucked up by supporting it in the first place (regardless of the outcome), I don't care what happens to you afterward.

Source? That's kind of shitty if true

Thanks Doc.

I want to fuck Marie

Then why schadenfreude and get all vindictive? You still seem to think it's cancer if you "don't care".

>using the physical DLC mcdonalds toys anyway
W O O O O O W
REALLY, GULLIBLE CONSUMER?

OP is a faggot, although Amiibos are shit.

I love how fast the amiibo meme died. They were the biggest craze on the planet for maybe half a year.

Everywhere I go, amiibo are marked down and in the bargain bin. Must be depressing for anyone who paid hundreds for a "rare" amiibo back in 2015.

Come to think of it, with the death of Disney Infinity it seems like toys to life as a whole are dying off. That didn't last long.

Shit
And i have like 4
The hell do I do now
>Also implying Nintendo won't make Amiibo specific costumes for all amiibos now that cloths don't have stats

It is cancer. Although not something that affects me in any way, shape or form considering the last Nintendo homeconsole I owned was the Gamecube, devoid of this kind of shit.

It's not that I get pleasure from the misfortune of others, but if I just so happen to catch some of that while scrolling through the catalog I don't mind taking a break and look at it for a couple of minutes - if you know what I'm saying.

I guess I indirectly care in the fact that I wouldn't mind buying a new Nintendo console once they stop being trash (both software and hardware wise) so I guess if, over the next decade, people stop supporting shit like Amiibos and Mario spin-offs and instead push Nintendo (or support 3rd parties) into making new IPs like GoldenSun or AdvanceWars, I would be happier and perhaps even think about getting a Nintendo product again.

But I know that won't happen. They'd rather sell amiibos and go to Mobile than fix their own shit and go back to being good and capable enough to actually compete. The "blue ocean" strategy is just a synonym for "raising the white flag while also throwing the towel"

>clothes don't have stats
SOURCE NOW
if they remove the abilities I'll be mad

It's bullshit. You can bring up the map to see your allies clothes and the stats tied to them, although all stats are the same during the testfire from what I've seen. I think it's lower respawn, lower subweapon ink use, and faster ink recovery, if I remember what the symbols stand for correctly.

FACT: You'll buy new Amiibos, and you'll enjoy it.

Admit it, Nintendo slave.

The Callie and Marie amiibos will let you play as them

Duh, this shit happened because you supported the shitty practice. I'm sure the old splatoon amiibo will have SOME use in 2, but probably an incredibly minor benefit, while they will come out with a new line of amiibo that will have the real content.

Every time they come out with a new major game they come out with new amiibo, when amiibo defenders swore that it was so good for consumers because you bought one mario or one link and had mario/zelda unlocks for life.

But now we're up to what, 6 links? That you have to buy all to get all content in breath of the wild

Thanks doc.

I only have 2, the wolf/midna thing that came with Twilight Princess and someone bought be botw Zelda with my Switch.

I'm not against the idea that DLC is physical, you can trade it and it looks cool.

I don't get the hate.

SHOW ME THE SOURCE OR FUCK OFF

squid cunny

>Although not something that affects me in any way, shape or form considering the last Nintendo homeconsole I owned was the Gamecube, devoid of this kind of shit.

I'd love to know what consoles you own, companies you purchase from and publishers you support because clearly you know which are "devoid of this kind of shit".

Go ahead, look through your catalogue of games and consoles and find out how absolutely full of shit you are. Then reply to this and lie about it.

Look how defensive he is.

>LOL KEK :-) OMG
Look how full of shit he is.

>It's perhaps the absolute worst kind of DLC
>DLC that can be used acrossed multiple games and never have to be bought again is the worst kind of dlc imaginable

You get no points for being a retard

Wouldn't surprise me at this point:

>$300 for under-powered "console"
>$70 for a proper controller
>$30 online fee
>$12 to access locked content

SHUT UP YOU FUCKING FAGGOT. STOP EATING THE SHIT JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE TOLD TO BY DEAR LEADER NINTENDO.

Lego jumping is what broke the camel's back. Retailers didn't want to dedicate entire aisles with "toys to life" games and figures and consumers were getting burned out on buying new Skylanders and Infinity figures every 5 months.

Infinity 3 bombed because all you could find on shelves were Star Wars, no actual Disney character to be found amid the sea of literally whos from the new movie.

see my post above. You will hardly get shit out of OLD amiibo, because nintendo wants you to buy new series every game. Your smash mario or anniversary mario or mario party mario wont' get you shit in mario odyssey when it comes out, but expect a new series of amiibo where mario is in a hat throwing pose which gets you an exclusive new hat that gives you access to a new move, and a pimp suit bowser amiibo that gives you an extra bowser boss fight, and mario's hat with eyeballs amiibo that gives you the flying cap from mario 64, then nintendo will never use those again except for some shitty costume in mario maker switch

I don't see a source.

>pimp suit bowser amiibo
i want this now..

>make a port of Splatoon
>call it 2

What are you talking about?

I got Epona in Breath of the Wild from my Smash Link amiibo.

reminder that for a full copy of smash bros kerfuffle you need around 400$ worth of amiibos

sshh, don't tell him about the amiibo exclusive items hes missing out on

Not saying other companies don't do shit all the time, nor that I am an angel that avoids them even if there are a handful of games I really want to play, but at least they keep releasing a constant stream of games I care about, they don't simply abandon their core audience for a decade+
The fact that no other company relies on 1st parties as much as Nintendo also helps, 3rd parties alone keep their systems alive.
For instance there are literally zero western Sony exclusives I care about, no NaughtDog game like Uncharted4 or LastOfUs2, none of Guerrilla's games, Media Molecule's games, etc. However the console's library is more than healthy from 3rd parties alone, I can still have my NIS, ATLUS, BandaiNamco, KoeiTecmo, FromSoft games, so on and so forth.

From what you can consider "current gen" I guess I have PC, PS4 and 3DSxl+CPP (mainly a MonHun, SMT and EtrianOdyssey machine, notice how they are all 3rd party)

I can go further and list the consoles I have owned from each company:
Nintendo:
GBC>GBA>GBSP>GC>DSi>3DSxl
Sony:
PS1>PSP>PS4
MS:
Xbox>360
Sega:
Saturn>Dreamcast

As you can see my main concern with Nintendo is that their homeconsoles are generally shit and their handhelds always get the vastly superior and more diverse libraries. If only they could change that around.

1) It costs 13€ a piece (AFAIK, never paid much attention)
2) Gives you the equivalent of Oblivion's horse armor in most cases. Which is something that popularized DLC as we know it today and even back then, a decade ago, was ridiculed for costing so much ($5). Amiibos cost even more.
3) But sometimes also have a lot of content locked behind them like Splatoon's, shit that should be in that barebones game in the first place, but even if you're desperate enough to get they may be out of stock in your area for periods of time that are longer than your interest in the game. There isn't even an option to buy the overpriced in-game content digitally.

I could keep going

>$70 for a proper controller
it comes with two proper controllers

?

This whole thread reads like a cry for help.

content locked behind the amiibos

yep

?

1. amiibo content is always completely optional and un-impactful of any game they are compatable with

training modes

2. amiibo are already cheap, but if you're really stingy you can just go buy this from datel (the white one has a free chip, the black one doesn't so you'll need any NTAG215 chip to go with it, and other numbered ones don't work (ie. NTAG213, NTAG216, etc won't work, has to specifically be 215))

nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-producer-on-the-setting-weapons-stages-gear-single-player-campaign-amiibo-online-more/

>Since fans bought the amiibo and feel attached to them, he will make sure that they can be used in Splatoon 2. Nogami asks fans to keep the figures with them.

Just keep wasting your life away being bitter.

>kill your Amiibo horse
>can never get another one
>from your physical DLC

This is DoAX2-tier shit.

>Just keep wasting your life away being bitter.
i know what i'm making as our next banner entry contest

Just scan any other smash Link amiibo
You get Epona from the first time you scan each one, so you can get replacements/multiples.

Or just visit the Horse God and resurrect Epona.

Just revive it at the horse god fountain, retardo

He's talking about how Smash Link, Toon Link, Ocarina Link, 8-bit Link, and all the BOTW Links give different items.
In the past it was just "you only need one of each character not multiples" now you need all of them for all of the content.

>but sony

kys

>he doesn't know about the horse fairy

>no dpad

no it doesn't.

Splatoon isn't even that good of a game. Why would you buy a port of it being branded as a sequel?

It's not funny anymore.

Sup Forums has literally made the same exact threads for the last four years. Nothing has changed. I talk about video games on /vg/ and /vr/ now. The only reason I'm here because of my awful habit of clicking on Sup Forums every so often instead.

Splatoon was bloody excellent, you need to get the dick out of your ass.

Source: My dad works at nintendo

The joycons are shit.
There's no reason they can't make a bundle that includes a pro controller and no joycons.

>paying for cheats

>now you need all of them for all of the OPTIONAL content
ftfy

Came to post this.

Come on now, people. They're a blatant Skylanders rip off for fucking children. If you want weeb it out buy actual figurines or something.

Buying literal physical DLC is braindead territory.

Case in point the Disney Infinity shit

But the game hasn't come out yet

Oh right.

>b-b-but its optional

this

Splatoon sucks, the artstyle is that of a 2010 Nickelodian CGI cartoon.

>mediocre shooter is bloody excellent
shooters are pretty fun, aren't they? maybe if nintendo actually had any third party support you'd be able to experience the actual good ones.

Good. I applaud it's demise. It's just ripping people off. Your kid gets a shitty "figurine" that's cheaper than something out of the fucking Dollar Store and a shitty avatar in a video game.

Highway robbery.

shill

This. Sup Forums has fallen to reddit and Sup Forums
Im here out of habit but wouldnt miss it if the board disappeared

>Reminder that like all Nintendo products the die hard fan boy retards will keep them afloat and they'll still continue to lock content behind these shitty things.

Vanquish is better than Splatoon but Splatoon actually has a multiplayer component.

>Playing kids games

>one of 4chans most hated games
>the greatest shovelware mistake of the 2010s
>good
Fuck off pedo, we aren't here to circlejerk about muppet squids.

>not including the old ultimate in anyway shape or form
that is what pisses me off more, inkstrike and kraken could be included no problem

The only marked down ones are the shitty AC ones no one wants, the current mario set, and reprinted Smash Bros characters no one likes.
>30th Anniversary Zelda prices

I'm morbidly curious to see how a post amiibo developed mainline animal crossing game is going to turn out

???????????????????

>digital DLC with actual content
>bad
>locking cosmetic on-disc content like armor sets in zelda behind $20 dolls
>good

This. Anyone who still plays Shitendo or easternshit has inferior genes by default and needs to be gassed.

Maybe if you want people to like you you should probably leave kiddyshit behind.

Also, Nintendo mocking wojaks are best meme 2017. Fite me bitches.

nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility

it won't be something nice to behold

They'll be afloat in the collectors market that nobody gives two shits about other than collectors.

The Wii U is that system. It's a collectors's system. I just wish Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 weren't on it. They'll never be ported and emulation will be non existent to shit.

Fucking hell of a shame.

Makes it impossible to play them without paying 250+ dollars for a garbage system to experience them.

>Something that's been around since the NES days

>why does Jew company that only survives because they're Jews continue to Jew me?

with the 3ds patch that introduced support for them, i'd say
it'll be very underwhelming, with clothing or pieces of furniture locked behind amiibo cards

>Hey, you know all this cool shit we made for Zelda? Like the Fierce Deity set, Ganondorf's Sword, the Biggoron Sword, the Skyward Sword set?
>Let's just waste the sidequest system we bothered adding on 90% fetchquests that reward rupees and just lock all of this opportunity behind our fucking mcdonalds toys instead
amiibos were a fucking mistake

Nintendo themed items won't be unlocked in game anymore. Want something like a Master Sword or Triforce for your room? Better cough up the cash for a Link amiibo.

Pic related, bitchez.

ikr. Fuckin pathetic.

thats what im afraid of

>>digital DLC with actual content
uh what do you think? an amiibo is ?
Also the digital dlc youre talking about isn't portable, can't be used more than once, cost a hefty price out the gate just for one game, so yes, it is "bad" exg. Ubisoft and EA DLC

>Stick and gyro

yes it does