Need help with fighting game

So I recently purchased Nitroplus Blasterz, and so far I'm loving it. Good, fast paced combat. Fun to play characters, etc.

So my problem is this:

How in the flying FUCK do I perform a 421 attack? For those who don't know what that means, it means I'm supposed to press left, down, down-left, then an attack button. I've done the attack on accident a few times so I know what it looks like, but I've been trying to do it in training for almost two hours now and haven't been able to do it even once. I've also scoured the internet to the best of my ability, and I can't find a single source talking about it.

Any help from veteran fighting game players is welcome and appreciated!

bikini fighters for your time

That's a reverse dragon punch motion (RDP), first used, to my knowledge, for Fei Long's flaming kick in SF2 The New Challengers.

I know this will look like a cop-out answer, but here's nothing to it other than practicing. DP motions are usually the first stumbling block to people new to FGs, but hang in there. In a few days you'll wonder how could you find it so hard

Have you tried doing the input twice? Backwards Z-inputs can be a pain in the ass.

Any specific tips, maybe what newcomers usually do wrong? Like I said, I've been trying for two hours straight and haven't done it once. I'm getting so frustrated I'm about to uninstall...

You mean like left, down, down-left, left, down, down-left, then attack?

Shit man, that's part of the spirit of FGs. You picked a bad genre if you're easily frustrated. Sleep on it and try it some other time, it's pretty common for FG newcomers to have difficulty with the basic motions for days, sometimes weeks. Some people take months to get double QCFs down pat, so don't feel like you should do all this stuff from the get go

My only problem is that I don't understand the core concept of left, down, down-left. That's why it frustrates me so much. I don't get frustrated with the gameplay itself, it's the fact that I don't even understand what I''m supposed to do.

Do I start with left, then roll to down, then roll partway back to the left? Do I press left, then bring the stick back to neutral, then press down and sweep partly left? Those are the two techniques I've been trying and neither work for me...

>have a Senran character
>have bikini mode

Like you do a shoryuken but in reverse
It's easy if you do left > quarter circle left > button
Also, you reverse the input when you're on the other side right?
if you're on the right side of the screen it's a 623

Both should work. If you're using an analog stick, try it with the d-pad - Discrete input is how fighters are meant to be played, you get a lot of noise with analogs. If you're using an arcade stick, it should be obvious, same as d-pad.

If you're using an arcade stick, try starting from 1 (diagonal back), then make a quick clockwise circle in that quadrant, hitting 421 in order

I don't even know what a senran character is, and I found that pic on google ^_^

>Do I start with left, then roll to down, then roll partway back to the left? Do I press left, then bring the stick back to neutral, then press down and sweep partly left? Those are the two techniques I've been trying and neither work for me..

FGs are based on having 4 distinct microswitches: Up, Down, Left, Right. Even if you're not playing on a stick, this is how input will be processed.

The last input of a reverse DP motion is 1, or "downback" - That's two microswitches pressed at the same time, Left and Down. The full input is left, down, then left+down and the punck/kick button. Don't think in terms of "rolling the joystick", think of the input itself. Your hands doing the input will probably look different from what you'd expect

The last street fighter game I played was 2, but shoryuken was easy for me back then.

I'm using a ps4 controller, and I've tried dpad and analog. I usually play with the dpad though. So you're saying start with down-left, then go to down, then swoop to the left?

I usually use the dpad, and I tried being extremely deliberate about hitting left, then down, then both at once. If that is correct and I'm still unable to perform the move, maybe it's a controller error? Or maybe I just can't hit down then left without hitting both in the middle?

>So you're saying start with down-left, then go to down, then swoop to the left?

No, from downback to back, then down, downback and the button. That's more of a stick technique (makes use of the spring), but you can do something similar with your thumb in a d-pad. Either way, think of the 4 d-pad keys as 4 microswitches and do like said

Maybe you're doing it too slow, or maybe

>Or maybe I just can't hit down then left without hitting both in the middle?

That is happening. Maybe the game won't accept a 4121 motion as a reverse DP

If you can't do it it's either because you're too slow or like I was saying here are on the other side and don't do 623
just do 4 > 214 > a/b/c to be honest it's easier and it work

>That is happening. Maybe the game won't accept a 4121 motion as a reverse DP
I just launched the game to try and it work

For some reason the game don't work with the dpad for me, you sure the dpad is working for you?

I'm always attempting from the left, so it won't be 623. I'll try 4 > 214 > a/b/c and see if that works.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I stopped playing for now because I just can't get it (even though I've done it on accident which is why it's so frustrating) so I'll try again later once I've cooled off.

>people that shouldn't be playing fighting games in the first place but still try to

>you sure the dpad is working for you?

Not really, but I did try with the stick as well and I just can't get it. I can easily do every other move in the game, but just not that one. So frustrating...

So you're telling me that I should give up just because I'm new? That's terrible advice.

yes I am, if you are having trouble with the most basic of shit, kill yourself

Maybe you're the one who should kill yourself for being such a fucking faggot
Everyone have to start somewhere, let the dude have his fun

if you really like weebs fighters try to get the pirate version of Melty blood, it's a good game

Either you're trolling, or you have serious emotional issues.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I played in a melty blood tournament years ago at an anime con and forgot all about afterward.

start walking backwards, then quickly do the hadoken move in reverse

eventually you will get good enough you dont have to start walking backwards

That's a good tip. I'll get back on as soon as I'm done eating and give it a shot.

How to learn a difficult move in training mode:
>Turn on input display
>Do your move
>If you have the correct motions and buttons but the move didn't come out, you're probably doing it too slow
>If you have sloppy inputs, you can check the input display see what you're doing wrong and fix it

Its a backwards shoryuken input.
What is so hard to understand?