Anyone else feels like some franchises' games get bonus scores from 'professional' reviewers just for being, well...

Anyone else feels like some franchises' games get bonus scores from 'professional' reviewers just for being, well, part of their franchises?

I'm not even saying they're paid reviews, I just think reviewers look differently to some franchises.

For instance, here's what I think happens with some franchises:

Metal Gear Solid + 15 to score
Zelda +10 to score
Pokémon +15 to score
Final Fantasy +5 to score
Elder Scrolls +10 to score
Persona +10 to score
Mario +10 to score

The opposite is also true for some franchises. Tales Of games, for instance, always get a -10 to score, no matter the quality.

After FF13 and 14 1.0 ruined people's view on the series, I feel like reviews are more harsh on them than your average game seires

Reviewers getting caught up in initial hype which blinds them to flaws thus higher scores.

Though your image does cherry pick some literally who websites.

It used to be +15 to FF games before FF XIII.

reviews including famitsu gave
MGSV solid 10s and 9.5s it doesn't even deserve to be that high for an incomplete game it's only that high because of Kojima

Of course they fucking do.

People treated Twilight Princess getting an 8.8/10 like it was the fucking worst insult ever but that game is like a 7.8/10 in all honesty. I can't speak for BOTW, haven't played it, but I genuinely fucking doubt that's a 98 either.

Now post Phantom Hourglass, Links Crossbow Training, and Tri Force Heroes.

>Tales Of games, for instance, always get a -10 to score, no matter the quality.

It deserves it, Tales is weebtrash for people who like anime aesthetics.

Who cares about spin-off titles?

>The shitty game that I like is always treated unfairly

they're all overrated. So they fit.

>that pic
in fairness he was damn right, those kids were way to try hard with their work.

I didn't say CD-i Zelda.

Also CD-i Zelda

>Reviewers getting caught up in initial hype which blinds them to flaws thus higher scores.
This is the key issue, even getting early copies a week or two in advance you will never be able to get a real in depth feel for a game that is supposed to last for several hundred hours.

BotW is a solid 8 at best.

>Anyone else feels like some franchises' games get bonus scores from 'professional' reviewers just for being, well, part of their franchises?
Obviously.

If Mass Effect Andromeda didn't have the words "Mass Effect" in the title it'd have a 35 on Metacritic.

Don't take reviews and scores as the final nail. Make your own opinion rather than relying on anyone elses criticism

what's a 10

Not him but Ghost Trick

TWEWY
Majora's Mask
Melee
Red Alert 2
Super Metroid

yep

Max Payne
Repúblic comando
Bully

glorified bloggers don't going to have the ability to professionally distance themselves from the content they review, big surprise.

San Andreas.

>JRPG
-10 Points
>JRPG with cute anime girls
-15 Points
>JRPG with cute anime girls from Persona
+15 Points
>JRPG with cute anime girls from Square Enix
+20 Points

Why is this allowed?

They want the sweet early access shady deals with Square Enix, which now also publishes tons of western franchises.