Would a Zelda Maker work as well as Mario Maker did?

Would a Zelda Maker work as well as Mario Maker did?

Other urls found in this thread:

zeldaclassic.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=dSPoPRcuCPY
youtube.com/watch?v=AYec26rPejE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

yes

Mario is a lot more accessible so you spend less time sorting through the good or bad. A bad MarioMaker course is "a billion enemies and hazards in the starting area", and after losing one life you know just to skip that shit which takes maybe 10 seconds total. A bad Zelda dungeon would be "3 rooms in there's a billion enemies". You'd waste a lot more time on bad Zelda dungeons getting to the good stuff I'd imagine.

It could, but with Zelda you'd really need the ability to make a whole overworld + dungeons rather than just single dungeons.

old zelda games play like shit

I think those could be separate features. One section with "whole games" and another with single, hopefully challenging, dungeons

RETRACT THIS STATEMENT!

It would end up being a bunch of autistic mazes or giant forests with one hidden stairace under a random tree and no enemies in any level, like Mario Maker.

Normies don't give a shit about 2D Zelda, especially the first one.

It'd flop hard.

Probably not. Mechanically Zelda doesn't have the variety that platformers do, so there is going to be a lot less complexity in the user content. Unless they let you go in-depth with some kind of item/tool creation and complex mob logic.

Unlikely. Zelda dungeons and worlds aren't really conductive to the whole "closed off, self-contained level" approach Mario Maker took that made it easy to create, and jump into, individual levels and challenges. Part of what made Mario Maker so popular was its crazy low barrier of entry both in terms of creating a level and playing them one at a time.

That being said, they could always release such a game anyway. The level editor crowd is big enough, I don't think it'd be a dud.

Nigger, hear me out.

Warioware Maker.

It would be rather boring if it was just 2D Zelda in an overworld like this.

Now, if you could make entire zelda games like ALTTP... then we're talking, holy shit.

Wasn't that already made? Called Warioware DIY or something. Or was that the joke and I'm making myself look like a fool?

They made it already, but they could probably rerelease DIY.

>All those Zelda Classic games I could never play because I'm too fucking computer illiterate to get them to work

no, it did exist

Alternatively, the overworld could be randomized and the player is given choice on where to place secrets. You can then make slight changes to it lile setting up obstacles and enemies. That way you don't spend hours crafting an overworld, which would really be the major problem with a Zelda Maker's creation system.

Ideally you'd want three modes:
>full game: players can upload a complete overworld with dungeons for others to play
>dungeon rush: just dungeons with no overworld for those with less time or creativity
>random mix: the game randomly generates an overworld and grabs a certain amount of random fan-made dungeons to fill the game with

I actually wouldn't mind a game that just randomly generates the world and dungeons each time you play. Shit would give me a huge nostalgia boner from the second quest in the original.

How fucking dumb do you have to be to not know how to use an emulator?

i imagine there would be a grading system as to filter out the shit (or more likely filter out the good) over time

to answer op i think a zelda maker would only be good if you're into the puzzle aspects of dungeons. Most of the time when Nintendo introduces a mechanic for puzzles they don't really push it to it's full potential like John Blow would. All the shrines in BotW are a testament to this. Perhaps if there was a way to manipulate enemy behavior, power level, and appearance it might make things more interesting.

I'm personally a fan of over-world exploration and sidequests. i If Nintendo can't satisfy those fetishes for me I doubt some neckbeard in his mom's basement can, though I would love to be proven wrong.

dumb anime poster

Considering how MM is trash, yes.

>Nintendo destroying fangames that put tons of effort into their craft in favor of monetizing a "make your own" game and having hundreds of shitty levels to sift through

Nah, if Nintendo actually made a Zelda Maker it would be for dungeons only. The overworld would just be like the map screen in 100 Mario Challenge, with Link automatically moving to the next user-created dungeon. Nintendo releasing an editor capable of making a full-fledged Zelda game in its entirety is unrealistic.

Mario Maker kinda sucked because most of the levels were youtuber bait or kaizo bullshit.

Not an emulator my young friend, there used to be a DOS version of Zelda people made wads for

I cannot into DOSbox despite whizzing all over the place in DOS prompts as a kid

>game allows to make text
>get able to play adventure 'journey to the land of rape and honey'

>If Nintendo can't satisfy those fetishes for me I doubt some neckbeard in his mom's basement can
But you just talked about John Blow with positive regard earlier in your post

>Darknut in the overworld

It's not a zelda maker you mongs. It's a game made with the same visuals as the first zelda titles. Nostalgia fag pandering.

Is this Trent fucking Reznor ?

Mario Maker is great. There are a ton of good levels if you're willing to look for them. Don't rely on the list of top ranked levels because those usually rely on cheap gimmicks.

Well you need four types of maker just like Super Mario Maker
>NES Classic Zelda
>SNES Link to the Past
>GBA Four Sword Adventure
>3DS Link Between Worlds

Every Dungeon is a Water Temple.

I doubt it cuz people dont find top down 2d games fun, mario will always be fun though

shrine creations would be cool tho

>we will never get a Mario Kart Maker

I'd rather Mario Kart maker, maybe a downloadable mario golf maker

not even remotely

I sure as hell wouldn't play it but I'm sure it would sell.

Is there a maker for Zelda/Mario 64 style games? Or PS1 style roaming games with that comfy small render zone with a fog barrier? Those are just so comfy.

How do you find them then?

>Start uploaded level
>Standard overworld
>Play for 20 minutes to find a dungeon
>Go inside
>40 Ganons

It would be fucking terrible.

We already have binding of isaac

We do not neo nintendo garbage zelda maker

>cant get nes/snes/n64 emulators to work
Its literally the easiest fucking thing. It doesnt even require BIOS. Its quite fucking literally download and play.

Sauce on the black chick.

You fucking idiot/underage

zeldaclassic.com/

>ZC
>DOS
try it again

Sup Forums is even more retarded than you are and has no idea what Zelda Classic is, speaking of its a pretty good indicator of the kind of quality a Zelda maker would have, which is to say it'd be mostly shit.

touche

To be fair they probably made a much easier version to get up and running because I haven't made an attempt to get it working in like ten years, but my point still stands

I remember staring down all the cool Mega Man and Metroid quests and then getting super buttmad my dumbass redneck 16-year-old self couldn't just drag and drop to get it running

No but a Mega Man Maker would sell like hotcakes

I just want a 3D level building game that isn't shallow

>Mega Man Maker

it still hurts
youtube.com/watch?v=dSPoPRcuCPY

Africa

I think it would be pretty sweet to play a 2D top down Zelda game with user created dungeons that would randomly generate for each game. Have the same overworld but different dungeons each game.

I would play the hell out of it!

As I said: try it again. And download Panoply of Calatia, because it's fucking amazing.

Dr Mario Maker when?

>tfw I held on to a microsoft point card for like three months because I was waiting for that game
>Ended up buying Final Fight Double Impact instead when I realized that it would never come out

Still got my money's worth

Thanks man, I'll try right now

There were barely any actual kaizo levels, you're thinking of spammy BS levels made by 7-year-olds.

add it as DLC to mario maker, switch in top menu between two games, that would be cool.
as a separate game
>40 ganons

No, it's simply not a game suited for a "maker". Now I COULD see a dungeon creator being added to a future Zelda game perhaps but nothing stand alone.

>mfw Sonic Mania is actually a full length demo showing off what's possible to create with the included Sonic the Hedgehog Maker

We need a DLC for BoTW that adds a Shrine creator, it would be perfect.

In that Mario Maker didn't work all that well, yeah sure.

underrated

Ya know given how copy and paste a lot of the shrines are this could really be a thing! I hope you're listening Nintendo because this man just created $30 DLC for you and all you need to do is transfer use of your developer tools to the users!

it'll work with the proper set up
Maybe stick with the FSA style over the styles from the DS or 3DS games
I would love to go through a randomly created overworld into user created dungeons

Level editors should be released for free. But of course it's the megakikes of nintendo we are talking here so...

Sup Forums threads

Why can't they just give us the new console for free too, we've spent hundreds on games and controllers over the years

Fucking megakikes

you are retarded son

Wouldn't it require at least a bit of scripting? With Mario Maker it's just running across the screen, Zelda 1 had specific enemy spawn timing and other silly bullshit like Death Mountain and the Lost Woods. Without that it wouldn't be the same.

This tech demo looked comfy as fuck

it wouldn't work. There aren't enough variations of the zelda style in the overhead formula to make it worthwhile.

ALttP and Link's Awakening had a lot of variation within them, if an official Zelda Maker were ever made they would be stupid not to include assets from those games.

Zelda 1, LA/Oracles, LttP, LBW

ez, maybe even throw in BS Zelda

They should release this version of BotW on 3DS.

That would be sick.

I forgot about LBW.

there's no way they'd add in the GB games though, it's a totally different system and having it be on a level of fluidity like lttp would just be really fuckin strange and not anything like the actual game. BS zelda is just zelda 1 in the lttp engine. which would sorta defeat the purpose of having multiple styles of game to make. I mean they could re-use it's assets, that would be easy, and i'd expect them to do that anyway.

What Makers you want to see?

For me, it's
>Mario Kart Maker
>Pokemon Maker (Uses 2D art instead of 3D models, allows the creation of fakemons and original things)
>Sonic Maker
>Pac-Man Maker

>mario kart maker
what?
>pokemon maker
really, what?
>sonic maker
okay
>pac-man maker
...dude what the fuck are you smoking? How would any of those besides sonic work as a maker type game?

mario kart as DLC to MM would be lots of fun. maybe just have SNES and 3D mode to start with.

Pokemon would be cool but that seems like a huge project.

Well a fan created pac-man clone became ms pac-man and then you have PAC vs

Absolutely fucking not, the thought process behind puzzles is too elaborated in order to make them fun, it would be 90% shit fan puzzles (kill all enemies in room, light torches, press button, no brainer shit) 9% mildly interesting and 1% genius, but also you would have to create a whole world, or include pre-set worlds where to fit in your dungeons and stuff, choose items to use and a whole ton of shit that only game developers have the time and smarts to do right, and they get paid

Mario was just point A to B and add shit to get to the goal, Zelda is all over the place, it just wouldn't work

Can you link to a thread then?

Yes it would work extremely well.

youtube.com/watch?v=AYec26rPejE

>tfw I found a fix to the ZC screen glitch issue

A new F-Zero with online and a track editor again would be cool