I'm still angry

I'm still angry.

>this will be used as a CS:GO/Overwatch machine

I keep seeing this picture posted, and people being angry about it. Would this have allowed emulation to run decently, or was it just a nice collectors item?

All that data lost by some fucking moron.

We don't know.
I honestly doubt there was anything of worth on there, but who knows maybe there was something.

Why is the ON button upside down?

>piece of gaming history gutted for a shitty case and karma

I will always be mad. Reddit was a mistake.

why did someone grab a device worth thousands and make it worthless?

>>>leddit

>stupid teenager gets their hands on an object of questionable significance
>We will never know if it was important or not due to the stupidity of the teenager
I WILL NEVER NOT BE MAD

I don't know. What's the story behind this?

for uboats

remember that it was posted on the pc master race subreddit.
hes a stupid ass pc gamer who didnt know shit about what hes doing

>Would this have allowed emulation to run decently
There aren't any games to emulate so who cares

Healthy young child goes to Reddit, gets pumped with massive lust for meaningless internet points, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!

Dok?

you can buy xbox and 360 dev kits on ebay for ~200 and probably less sometimes, who fucking cares

ITT:
>some guy does what he wants with his own property, and poorfags cry about it

If it was such an important piece of gaming history, why didn't you get one?

Why do people still believe this story? At most he got an already gutted case. It makes no sense that he would bother formatting a hard drive that old.

Wait is this really what happened? I never knew why people got mad at this picture.

If someone actually gutted this and turned it into a regular PC they are beyond fucking retarded.

These aren't something you just casually find at a store or any day on ebay and when you do find them they are expensive as fuck.

>TFW he never delivered

>former developer gets hands on an OG Xbox devkit
>tries selling it on a deader than dead xbox subreddit with only like 10k subscribers
>obviously nobody buys it
>figures that means nobody wants it
>gives it to son, who browses pcmasterrace
>the autist decides to gut it, trash the harddrive, and put his PC components in it
>posts a picture for karma
>/r/pcmasterrace has a rare moment of intelligence where everybody gets together to call out OP for being the dumb fucker he is

I don't get it. Its just a dev kit right? Shouldn't literally 1000's of these exist.

There's supposedly only 20 left in the entire world.
Microsoft scrapped most of them when they finished doing anything with the Xbox original.

It wouldn't have helped emulation at all

>implying any 6th gen console devkit can be easily be found anywhere in the world

Do you have any idea how hard it is just to find PS2 devkits? Now multiply that by at least 100x for any other console and you see the actual reason why people are pissed.

We don't know what was on it.
>Inb4 "20 gigs of nothing"
And we'll never know.

holy shit you have to be kidding me
what a dumb fuck

We're not, user. It was a gray day in hell.

ANGERY

This isn't a normal dev kit, it's one of like 20 special units that have ever existed.

You can't claim that. A similar early dev unit is what allowed Cemu to exist, that's right the WiiU emulator exists because of a dev kit leak.

Someone selling one of these on Ebay is going to know what data is on it though, for example if one of the dev kits with early Halo shit was on Ebay they would sell it for MANY thousands of dollars. The cheap ones are confirmed to have nothing of serious value on them, and the ones with expensive data are held by Microsoft or MIA.

Microsoft killed him

Can you back this claim about the Cemu ?

Maybe...

>shitbox
>halo box
the original xbox had good exclusives other than halo

This is past the point of being mad. All I feel is pure bitterness and disappointment looking at that.

That would explain why cemu is closed source.

>No Wacked!
And yeah. Xbox is a fucking amazing collection.

whats that?

(was) OG xbox original dev kit

oh
and thats bad?

it was 1 of 20 with
>>>>>potential
unreleased information about xbox architecture on it that COULD have made emulation possible

and now its a giant shitstain of a PC

No.
What happened to it is bad.
>Some kid gets a hand-me-down from parent, who is an old Microsoft employee that worked on the Xbox original
>Checks hard drive, sees it has 20 gigs of data on it he can't find
>Reformats the fucking hard drive before gutting the machine for his low-end PC that would chug running Minecraft on low
Literally fucking anything could have been on there.

oh, im sorry to hear that

Fuck off back to your subreddit you shit eating retard.

Who Gunvalkyrie here ?

I love the art, everything about this game, but I felt like it was more of an obstacle course with heavy emphasis on memorization for optimial runs. Could never get into that style of gameplay.

>some asshole did some dumb ass shit, here's where he posted it
>you can't link that here! it's heretical! it's against tradition!
>but this is where the relevant thing was posted
>doesn't matter! I'd rather remain completely unaware of this event than know of the event if it was posted about on Reddit!

They also wiped the drive apparently

>I felt like it was more of an obstacle course with heavy emphasis on memorization for optimial runs.
I can agree with that for sure, I will never understand why they had no option to replay levels that have been completed.