I really want to play a new MMO, anybody here can give me a quick rundown on pic related?

I really want to play a new MMO, anybody here can give me a quick rundown on pic related?

pls respond

pls respond

somebody will respond right

pls respond

Albion Online has been redone from scratch 2 or 3 times now, each time a new world. Faggots can't make up their mind about anything and the playerbase is steadily shrinking as a result.

Stay the fuck away until it launches. If it ever will anyway.

It's very PvP and Guild heavy game by the way. Wouldn't recommend if going solo.

-Legendary Founder user

But its launching in like june, right?

It's not the first time they've given a launch date. But the game still hasn't launched. I wouldn't trust this announcement either.

Is the game fun at least?

I just wanted good Pvp

Can you do pvp anywhere you want?

Do you have friends to play with?
Planning to join a Guild?

The PvP boils down to which side has more players almost always.

Going solo you will be outnumbered all the time.

The game is heavy in grind, as a warning.

Combat is very simple but lets you mix & match pretty well.

All equipment requires certain skills to be usable and skills are tied to grinding.

All of that sounds good, desu. Compared to most MMO's

My only concern is the UI, what the fuck? it looks overly simple at least when you compare it with your casual WoW clone.

>Going solo you will be outnumbered all the time.

How does the game work exactly? How do you level up or whatever? do you kill mobs etc?

any similar style top down mmo?

There are set zones for PvP with different levels of risk.

One lets you die with just a hit to currency, XP, etc.

One leaves you with nothing after dying.

And so on.

The riskier zones have better gathering stuff, which is a must for endgame gear.

If you are a pussy, you can just buy them from others though.

it's purely player driven, similar to eve online, the only bad thing is that guilds keep kicking me because I don't like to use discord

it's shit

enjoy loading screens every 100 steps

Massively P2W

As in, you have literally NO chance of being competitive in any way unless you pay the sub fee

Paying sub increasing the amount and speed you gather, as well as the crafting speed

You can also spend real money to buy "gold" which can converted into ingame money.

Housing and player cities, how are these?

Is this instanced stuff or out there in the open?

Its an ipad game

No, im not joking. This game is going to be on ipads. Thats why its so limited.

Runescape is objectively better.

can't handle runescape graphics/combat

you can build or buy your house and decorate it with stuff and yes I think it's instanced, never got a chance to get one.

guilds can control mayor cities and build a variety of buildings in them

Firstly this . The developers are incompetent as fuck and cant decide what they want to do.

Second this . The combat is 100% bigger number of players wins. Which also means there is literally no reason to join any guild but the biggest ones, this isnt like EvE at all where you can carve out a little empire for yourself in nulsec. You either join the biggest fish and become a cog or you make no progress.

Basically the developers wanted this to be an EvE version of RS. But they completely fucked up the PvP part. Blobbing into a major faction is better than staying in a small group, so the whole game is nothing but giant clan blob v giant clan blob.

They should remove guilds entirely, and put in clans instead. Limited to at max like 30 people. Otherwise the game will die because no one wants to be a part of one of these huge mega guilds but you have no choice if you dont want to be zerged to death.

this, I could never get used to the tick rate, plus I hear leveling up the skills is super easy now which is a big turn off

Then you're shit out of luck. Sandbox fantasy is dead.

The only other option is Albion online, getting a steam release soon and may be good. Its from the Ultima developers and its a sequel basically.

>The only other option is Albion online
Fuck. I meant Shards online.

All this shit sounds the same these days.

all mmos are dead except for wow and ffxiv

fuk vidya games all suck

No, just MMOs

Developers refuse to do anything different. Case and point Albion would be infinitely better if guilds were limited in size and power, and not infinitely expansive, so there were lots of smaller guilds fighting rather than a couple of huge ones, but they wont change that because they are scared it will upset a few people since that "isnt what WoW does!"

Should I play wow or ffxiv

>WoW invented guilds with no caps

wew lad

Play wow to level cap and then kill yourself.

Why are there no good MMOs focused on solo content? As in, venturing out to meet people and going on adventures, not "let's get 20 people together and kill a boss."

Did the LFG kill the already dying genre?

Literally irrelevant who invented it you uneducated moron, learn to read

>As in, venturing out to meet people and going on adventures
Vanilla WoW was literally that. Until dungeon and raid fags ruined it.

Anyone played Crowfall?

You'd need to make a game that procedurally generates enemies, bosses, quests and dungeons so that people can't prepare for them on lame ways and have all that information server sided, so they can't just datamine it. Problem with procedural generation is that devs are lazy and only make lazy stuff out of it.

Good thing I got a handy time machine.

So is Albion good or not? cant find much info on the whole P2W.

It's good but no one plays because they've wiped like 50 times already.

Fuck that. we're all waiting for release. Go play pic related until then

>As in, venturing out to meet people and going on adventures

That's impossibru.

Blade and Soul tries to be like this, quests and public events are much easier / faster / better rewards if people group up, but they almost NEVER do

It's just the mindset of the modern player, they have absolutely no interest in grouping up unless they absolutely have to

but ESO is no sandbox and pvp is shit

It's the only good themepark

Also if you want a sandbox, why aren't you playing EVE? It's literally your only option for a finished game unless you want to play a UO freeshard or resort to Korean pay2winshit

>So is Albion good or not? cant find much info on the whole P2W.

You should just watch some streamfags play it, even though they're paid to play it, they aren't paid to be honest about it so if shit's retarded, they'll admit it (unless they're just genuinely a fanboy, which sometimes happens).

I've watch Kripp play it (I think?) and it looked pretty shit

Not sure if anons are suffering from Low Skill Syndrome when they say "more people win", or if the game mechanics stop small coordinated highly specialized groups from succeeding against zergs

For example, GW2 had an AoE cap of 5 players, so even though my small group could down chunks of players at a time, we couldn't down them all, and there was also no cap on rezzing so 30 people would get a Defeated player up on their feet in like 3 seconds

>why aren't you playing EVE?

The gameplay in EVE is just terrible. Everything else about it is amazing, but the core mechanic of shooting people or NPCs or data sites or asteroids or whatever, is just fucking terribly boring

I already played Eve for a while.

I guess I just wanted something different.

>Watches any e-celeb & suggests others to do the same

Disgusting.

>Low skill syndrome

Unfortunately no. Zergs have the advantage no matter how "coordinated" your group is.

EvE has been ruined by being P2W now

>PLEX is pay2win
lmao

lol eve is not PW2, they just went ''free to play''

>pvp is shit
pvp and the guild-driven economy is the only decent parts

>No one will make a game like RunEscape with better combat and controls.

Its a fucking shame Blizzard wont just release a legacy server.

Even Nost recaptured the adventure style of WoW that was both a single player game but also an MMO in which you joined random people every night and actually talked and played with them for dedicated periods of time. It wasnt 'minmax' efficient always, as you got dragged off to help someone do something that wasnt related to you or your quests, but it was enjoyable. Running along a coastline then getting asked by your dwarf warriors if you could go into an open dungeon and grab some ore just because he wanted it, and then wiping because your hunters pet pulls the whole dungeon was fun.

Firstly; PLEX is 100% P2W by itself.

But then to add insult to injury we now have Injectors, which literally let you buy power. Converting real money into PLEX into straight up stat bonuses for you is PAY TO WIN.

They also refuse to do anything about multiboxing, which is in of itself its own form of P2W. People are literally using multiple accounts to do all the work themselves rather than play with others and its more efficient.

Not that CCCP will change any of this now, F2P already failed and EvE is profitable as is with its whale base. They have no reason to change anything other than implement more P2W features in the future.

Lol you are either very new to it or never played the game.

>EvE
>Not P2W

>user 1 subs and starts playing on his account
>user 2 subs and starts playing on his 3 accounts
>user 1 progressively slowly
>user 2 buys T2 ships and the skills needed for them using his credit card
>user 1 applies for corps, but gets rejected for being a newb and having no isk or good ships
>user 2 applies for corps, and gets accepted into a top one because hes loaded and decked out
>user 1 gets taught how to play by people who throw a skill book at you and then say 'look at the wiki' by people who dont leave 1.0
>user 2 gets to fly out in a competitive nulsec corp, losing ships often, but with no consequence to him because he can support himself through real money, and gains invaluable skill and knowledge from the long time EvE players
>One day user 1 meets user 2
>user 2 absolutely fucking obliterates user 1 because he paid real money
>user 1 realizes he never stood a chance
>user 2 plays for the next 5 years, before regretting his decision to waste so much on EvE and quits

>user 3 and user 4 join EvE...

>t. user that has never played eve online

Nice!

I played for 3 years before PLEX came out, I knew the moment they announced it it was going to kill the game and they would introduce more P2W features

And I was right. Enjoy losing fights because the other corp spends real money on injectors and you cant/dont want to spend real money on power.

>eve isnt p2w you just never played!
Iv played it, and its P2W. You dont even need to play it to know that though.

Been playing it pretty much since it released. Nice try tho, you might fool the shitters that just couldnt keep up with it.

>Been playing it pretty much since it released.
Okay. That doesnt change the fact its P2W though.

But thanks for the update. No more replies for you.

>can make progress and money by spending real money
Thats like textbook P2W.

@371803920
@371803806

>t. people who never ever played the game

Nice job.

Here, have your pseudo (you)s

hello friend, i've been a founder since cloased alpha and have tested every phase

i stopped playing this phase because they said they would launch the game in june, so i am waiting for that

the current state of the game is probably the best it's ever been with the amount of content, only thing that needs ot happen now is balance

i recommend this for hardcore oldschool mmo world pvp

small group pvp is viable but guild zergs are strong

solo play is doable but very very difficult and not worth it most of the times.

it's a good game, but wil need time to become great.

They get access to games before they come out, and SOME of them are intelligent.

Most of them are shit, I rarely or never watch the top memestreamers, and I only watch Kripp because 1) he's probably the best arena HS player in the world and 2) he has some kind of nega-luck anti-matter field surrounding him, like I'm reasonably confident he could be used as some sort of energy source, or maybe to cause nuclear material to decay faster, or some other way to exploit his reality warping bad luck

Imagine world of Warcraft combat but instead you ha e 4 skills instead of 20-30
Imagine RuneScape skill system but set in a bland unrewarding works
No quests
Limited house building
Ugly graphics
Runs like shit
Designed for tablets and phones

Sorry