Yooka Laylee

Will you still be buying it?

Does the game itself at least look promising?

Fuzzy Animal Mascot Collectathons are a dead genre.

so how are we combating this?

Why did the dev team hire a limp wrist blue hair hipster faggot as their publisher?

I'm still buying but Playtonic's attitude toward the people asking for refunds was retarded. If it wasn't for the fact that none of the other 3D platformers release for awhile, I might miss it.

>fuck-off.

Reminder that if you give a shit about something as minor as a voice change, you don't give a shit about games

>but m-muh SJWs
>m-muh silencing

No. It doesn't matter. The man didn't even work for them, he only contributed to some voice work. Its not a matter of SJWs trying to destroy the 1st amendment, its a fucking video game

>Memes
Steam has a tag for memegames now?

>Jontron goes on about race and immigrant issues (Well within his rights) that people find controversial.
>Playtonic decides they want to distance themselves from his views so decide to drop him as a voice actor (They did a shit job of doing so, but well within their rights)
>Because of the shit job Playtonic did, people are now requesting refunds and boycotting their game (Well within their rights)

I don't see anything wrong with any of the above. Everyone so far exercised their rights as a company and as consumers to do what they see fit. But then you get

>shills trying to shame people into buying the game because otherwise it makes them "SJW's"

No, it makes them smart consumers who have learned the value of voting with their wallets. Get that shit out of here.

>Will you still be buying it?
Yes.
>Does the game itself at least look promising?
No. But I know I'll enjoy it anyway.

Why does a kickstarter game have a publisher.

They could've handled it more maturely. But on the other hand, they most likely could not give out refunds if they tried because the game, and kickstarter was already set and done for a while now. Can't be helped.

Opposite day?

>buy
I'm not a filthy console peasant so unless the jew devs implement Denuvo then on the day of it's release I shall plunder it.

Not even voice work, literally fucking gibberish that would have barely sounded like him

all i see are the proper tags flagged and selected.

Reminder this whole situation could have been avoided if Jontron just kept his mouth shut.

Don't stay controversial shit and you wont get canned, it's just that easy.

>It's Playtonic's fault I gave away my money on a site infamous for scams and failures
>It's Playtonic's fault I spent money ordering a game before it was finished, properly patched and reviewed

Kickstarterfags and preorderfags are fucking hilarious. How BTFO do you faggots need to be beforw you stop giving money away to sham developers? I hope none of you get your money back

Its not a matter of being against consumer rights.

its a matter of you're not buying a video game over fuckign eceleb cyberpolitics

why do you keep upsetting neogaf, Sup Forums?

t-they're the only ones on the side of reason

Every Kickstarter game these days has a publisher for some god awful reason. They make a deal before the game is even penned that if a certain amount of money is raised, the publisher will give them a corresponding previously agreed on amount.

reminder the whole situation could have been avoided if playtonic and team 17 kept their mouths shut

don't act like retards if you want money

No, I was never going to buy it, never played Banjo Kazooie, so this "le spiritual successor" thing does nothing for me.

The lesson is if you want to distance yourself from someone, make a quick and concise disassociation and don't virtue signal.

>Devs are now locking their twitter accounts to minimize damage control

Far too late for that.

No and no.

What I'm seeing is thread after thread after thread crying about some political shit that has nothing to do with the game itself.

Will this game include any e-celeb autism?

>neogaf
>side of reason and morality
pick one and only one

>disses anime user profile pics
>looks like a rejected anime character

neon colored hair is disgusting

The spider one is right
The other sjw cunts are not better than Sup Forums

No.

I don't give a flying fig about e-celeb irrelevancy, but the game has never looked interesting.

Kickstarter is just not the right platform for any game beyond the scope of 2D titles. They never deliver. They can't.

>neogaf calling any other forum a mistake

B-but JonTron is the most important thing in life! And if I disagree with him, my friends will all laugh at me!!

Eh it looked cool but the whole JonTron happening kinda made me open my eyes and realize it's pretty shit comparatively. I still have a lot left of Zelda to play and I have never played either original Banjo game. So, I definitely won't be buying it in 2017, no.

Because Kickstarter is just a glorified pre-order service.

>Steam Sommunity Forums were a mistake

So was neogaf

I thought people learned this with mighty number 9 but I guess they never will. In any case in any decent kickstarter you will never need to actually invest because there's already idiots who did it before you.

Buying it because they removed that e-celeb fag

Should be fun.

Why is Playtonic in the wrong here? Did you guys attack Subway for distancing themselves from Jared Fogle?

I care more about what you greentexted than videogames, so kys I guess.

I wasn't going to play this shit regardless

muh nostalgia! that's all people care about

this isn't a fun genre, that's why people dont make games like this anymore

sh-shut up

Wait, so everyone is mad because Playtonic has kept SJW-ism out of their game?

And you think you can solve this through social engineering and telling people to be more tolerant. Most likely their parents went through much worse hardships, and faced much more oppression back in their day. Yet it's their kids that are turning to radicalism and embracing ideologies that have no place in western societies. When something isn't working you stop doing it.

Playtonic did nothing wrong. JonTron wanted to get political and now it's biting him back. His fault.

I did fucking pedo hating bastards Jared did nothing wrong

I'm still buying it because it looks fun

>you're not buying a video game over fuckign eceleb cyberpolitics

It's the consumers right to do that.

Shitstorms create a lot of threads, from both people trying to fan the flames of controversy, or shills trying to shame faggots into buying the game. Unfortunately that's a consequence of the shit job Playtonic did when they dropped support for Jon.

>listening to neogaf
>ever

I don't even know. Jon Tron did something, Playtronic distanced themselves because of it and now Sup Forums is having yet another autistic tantrum about it as if anywhere here had something to do with it.

>sjws mad others are using their scummy tactics
This is gold

Why is leftism not seen as awful? Do you know there are humans that find helping people disgusting like me? You are being intolerant towards anti altruist like me you fucking bigot.

Lol what a bunch of pretentious faggots.

I backed it. Digital PS4 version.

The game doesn't look 10/10, but I have a strong feeling I'll enjoy it.

Because neogaf is a terrible place. It's this weird mix between a sony worshiping cult and a male version of tumblr.

The people that post there make the self loathing fags on /r9k/ look good. It's like a nu-male suicide cult waiting for the day where they feminize themselves in front of a lesbian high council to atone for their cis white male sins.

bringing political opinions to vidya was the mistake if anything

HAHA HOLY SHIT IT KEEPS GETTING LOWER AND LOWER

Too bad this is going to backfire.
"Alt-right kills video game Yooka-Laylee for removing alt-right spokesperson Jon Jafari" is going to be plastered on every gaming site and paper in the business

TLDR what the fuck is going on in here?

nope. took it off my wish list. not buying it anymore.

They should have honestly just contacted Jon behind the scenes and said that it wasn't personal, and they were going to replace his voice. Jon would have understood given that the political climate is extremely tense right now and they didn't want to risk their game getting politicized. They fucked up however, given that they just came forward, virtue signaled like crazy, phrased it in a way that Jon was a crazy Nazi, and that they were poor oppressed people that just wanted to let gamers have fun. This is why I won't be supporting them, because they shit the bed and acted like complete and total cunts.

>shills
I don't see anyone trying to do that. At most people are calling other people out for letting politics decide what their interests are, right wing virtue signaling like , and NeoGAF screenshots.

>Chill Man
Ain't that ironic.

Looks to me that Sup Forums broke out of their playpen again.

Kinda sad. I mean we all know either way this would have happened, and I guess the aftermath now is better than getting on the news for it or something. But still to think if Jon kept his poltard mouth in check, none of this would have happened.

>Will you still be buying it?

Fuck yeah. Cant wait.

>Does the game itself at least look promising?

Yes. Looks like a great collectathon game. I wish they were still supporting the Wii U, but I guess I'll just get it for the PS4.

I've never been to Sup Forums tho, I've just been away for a couple of days.

I won't be buying it, but it looks like a good game. I'll give it a pirate.

Ehhh let them do it. Just keep making them look nutty.

It's okay, because Sup Forums loves coming to you instead.

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums are so asshurt about the game they're raiding steam tags

So Sup Forums is pretty much Sup Forums SJWs now.

>muh retro gamer cred

Looks bad.

>Implying Sup Forums isn't Sup Forums
>Hur durr you can't like politics AND videogames

>virtue signaling
No I want equality that you libtards talk about, left wing opinions should be met with backlash just as right wing you fucking hypocrites.

If Jon didnt use false statistics to push his hate propaganda it wouldnt have been so bad. You can't associate with someone spreading false information like that.

>either way this would have happened
not at all
saying nothing would have had zero affect.

>raiding makes you an SJW
someone is new

>people actually care about this

banjo kazooie sucked and so will this, who cares that your e celeb got dumped for dropping Sup Forums stats

Daily reminder if you hold any political opinion that isn't far left then you need to keep it to yourself. I'm not saying this as a leftist to control you, I'm saying this as a trump supporter that lost his job for putting "MAGA" on my personal facebook page. Do you know how hard it is to find a job when they call your previous employers and say you're a racist bigot? I deleted my facebook and finally found a decent job to hold me over. You guys need to take care of yourself and just be silent on the issue. Just make sure you vote for what you believe in and keep your political opinions to yourself

>its the consumers right to boycott a game over eceleb drama
You said it, not me

>The pot calling the kettle black

It's like pottery

If he had actually just said blacks dis-proportionally commit more crimes instead of going for the exaggerated claim he'd be fine.

Neofag sjw'd Playtonic so they went full anti-consumer.

>he's a radical centrist

tip top kek

what false stats did he use?

How disgusting, this is exactly why we need to murder left wing people.

Neogaf thread anyone?

No, Playtronic kicked a guy out their game because he said he mass immigration. Then, they made a statement about how their game stands for "Diversity" and "Inclusion of all races". Then, they banned anyone who asked for a refund.

>/i/ was a SJW agenda all along
how could i have been so blind..

>Neogaf can't handle bantz
water is wet

>The hope for the revival of the platformer genre is dead forever because of one tiny decision

I was slightly interested before. Not anymore.

Don't feel like I'll be missing out either since we have Mario Odyssey coming.

No Im a right winger please stop oppressing me faggot.

Of course I am
Been waiting 15 years for something like this

Nope

100% lost my money

Because JonTron's views aren't unpopular or wrong.

Besides that, it was a very tiny minority of people who would've been upset by his inclusion. Possibly under 200. SJWs don't normally play games. And the patch could've been made OPTIONAL for people who still wanted to hear him.

It's entirely PlayTonic's and Team17's faults. They fucked up. They poked the hornet's nest while denouncing hornets.

>these people don't let me speak on my racist views
>LETS KILL THEM
Really?

Did you see the last thread? The OP was

>Reminder if you give a shit about what a company does with 1 voice line from a guy who doesn't even work with them than you don't care about video games

I define that as trying to shame people into buying/not cancelling their pre purchase of the game.

Im not here to discuss Jon's views. I think he's an idiot, but some people agree with him and some don't, that's pretty much the definition of controversial. Note that I said that Playtonic was well within their rights to drop him to distance themselves from his views.

rich black people commit more crime than poor whites. Along with false correlations with his statistics to further argue that blacks inherently commit more crime than whites when whites in the same situation commit the same amount of crime.

>calls the information false
>does nothing to prove it