twitter.com/AnonBabble

it was a commentary about syrian refugees and no one on Sup Forums noticed

it's too easy

Combat sucks.
No customization. No progression.
MC was a literal cuck.
Combat sucks.
Not a gaem.

The game truly improves once you turn some of the handholding off. Glad they at least gave us that option.

>can't sneak
>can't pickpocket
>can't steal stuff from people's houses
>people don't react to taking stuff from their house
>can't attack neutral NPCs
>character development is adding shit like +0.5% crit chance like some Path of Exile tree
>can only use swords
>only 7 spells which you all get from the beginning
>GPS and batman senses holding your hand and solving quests for you the entire time
>""""Alchemy""""" is pressing one button to magically fill all your potions out of ass without even any alchemy equipment
>leveled loot
>0 exploration
>repeating swords with different name
>95% of the time there's LITERALLY 2 dialogue options
>no skills like blacksmithing, forging weapons, taking trophies, sneaking, lockpicking, creating runes

The witcher 3 does what gothic does on the right though... they just also have quest markers...

>The witcher 3 does what gothic does on the right though

no it doesn't, the game doesnt give you proper directions to find NPCs or quest objectives

>Combat sucks.
>It's just dark souls combat
>roll into attack and roll again
you're right it's terrible.

Nothing. It was better than W1 and W2 but that doesn't mean it's necessarily good at all. The combat and quest structure are trash just as they've always been.

gameplay may be very casualized, but nigga i hope you're not gonna argue that witcher 3 doesn't have one of the the most authentic and well-crafted fictional world in a game to date

He said, that the game is unplayable without questmarkers and detective vision because nobody tells you precisely enough where things are and who you are meant to talk to.
You can't really ask around for quests and people.

The Combat sucks SHIT
Atmosphere is depressing
The Score is mediocre and uninspired
You can't customize your character
You can't play as different characters
Ending is unsatisfying
Control scheme is shit
Your character is weighty and unwieldy
Mary Sue cast
Save anywhere anytime

But hey at least everything looks nice and all the characters say cool things, right my fellow normies?

is it the same person making this thread everyday

It became too casualized for normie bucks.

What does this mean? it means the game is simpler when part of what made The Witcher series unique was the fact that it was not simple. I remember back when the Witcher 1 had first come out and one of the selling points was "When you oil your sword, you don't just go into a menu and click a button, you need to stop and oil your sword in real time, the game doesn't pause so you really need to set yourself up for a fight"

Guess what that became? You go into a menu and you click a button.

Otherwise good game.

It's not an RPG but was marketed as one

Nothing whatsoever. GOAT

>witcher 3 doesn't have one of the the most authentic and well-crafted fictional world in a game to date
In terms of story and graphics? Sure, but in terms of gameplay and interactivity?

it's sad some of you try so hard to hate a very enjoyable game.

today on Sup Forums hates massively popular thing

Lack of open world, its tied to one region. Yeah Toussant is a nice change of scenery. But what about Kovir and Oferi and the wilds? Plus Monsters and quests run thin pretty quick if you're ontop of it. I'd like respawns for certain beasts. Biggest blunder for me was not being able to interact with the other worlds when you're traversing with Avlalach. Like getting monster trophies from those worlds or seeing different beasts no other witcher has seen before. Other than mass slaughter of the sand crabs.

And gothic did on the right? It literally says "go to talk to fishmonger" the end. Witcher 3 gives descriptions of locations, etc. It's also a lot easier for people to find something in a shitty low polygon world as opposed to a realistic one.

>hey hero, go down to the only tree in the entire world because that's what technology limited us to, you'll find a quest there
yeah... cutting edge quests user, cutting edge.

>Through time and space quest

MA NIGGER

>Finish game going for terrible choices, carry game over from Witcher 2
>Go for New game plus so I can get good ends, probably won't let me do that AND load a different save from Witcher 2
>Holy shit it does, this is awesome
>Keep grandmaster griffin armor, can kick the shit out of skull enemies with quen spam
>Get to the inn in White Orchard
>My meticulously crafted Foltest Siegemaster deck didn't carry over
JUST

>And gothic did on the right? It literally says "go to talk to fishmonger" the end.
it's about immersion and not treating the player like a retard, and exploring the world and having to focus on what surrounds to you navigate through the world instead of just staring at your GPS minimap is better

>hey hero, go down to the only tree in the entire world because that's what technology limited us to
Gothic's forests are much more dense than TW3's tho

open world

nothing

open world can be done right, take Gothic for example

It's open world and has as much details and hidden stuff behind every rock like in Deus Ex 1

this, TW1 and 2 will always be vastly superior simply because they're not open world, to me at least

Nothing
the game came out two years ago and we're still consistently getting 100+ post daily threads on it

>when you get imprisoned in some ship in Hearts of Stone
>shit crashes and you end up on the beach
I thought I was in a different continent with deserts and shit judging from those guys clothes

Lol nope you just on some shore in Velen

>and not treating the player like a retard
>have realistic world that's gigantic
>player is retarded because he can't find the one tree you mention in the quest dialog
you're stuck in 1990...

>Gothic's forests are much more dense than TW3's tho
you must have not played it because your computer from 1995 can't run games newer than gothic and that's why you defend it so much

It didn't fail, so Sup Forums's angry.

>open world
>80% of the game is just searching for Ciri
>Wild Hunt is just, kind of there, and they made them into fucking Sauron
>White Frost poorly handled
>Roach controls like shit
>Geralt's VA has literally no range

ITT: edgy cuckolds trying to find faults with the best game to have been released in the last 10 years

>player is retarded because he can't find the one tree you mention in the quest dialog
size isn't the problem, laziness is.
and i was talking about gothic 2

>Atmosphere is depressing
What the fuck did you want? Wind Waker?

That had to have been the biggest slap ever.

that screenshot isn't even from a gothic game...

Most loved game of the generation.

What the fuck? I thought it would have all that and more since RPGCodex said it's the best RPG ever.

Nah, I finished the main quest by then. Biggest slap was killing Radovid and Djikstra because they were going to murder everyone. Emhyr ends up doing their work for them anyway

>It's just dark souls combat
>roll into attack and roll again
you clearly never played DaS

>combat isn't just roll, attack, roll
It's clear one of us haven't... heh...

I absolutely love you gothic fanboys, it's a good game, but it's not the holy grail of RPGs.

It's literally one guy

yes it is retard

I thought I was the only one who didn't fall for the open world meme. Good to see this isn't all just a waking nightmare after all, user

>its not DS combat!
>proceeds to describe DS combat
>you clearly never played DS!

top b8

>heavily modded game
>hey guys check out how great gothic 2 was
ok.

>but it's not the holy grail of RPGs.

It's the holy grail of RPGs, becaue it is generally accepted that open world games are shit because they lack details and are empty, and Gothic is the ONLY game that has open world that's filled to the brim with content, secrets behind every rock, and more content and details than most linear RPGs

Try harder mate

the mod doesn't change the forest density, only makes the textures sharper.

The forests themselves are identical to vanilla

Yeah, but at least in Dark Souls I can use more than a sword

list all the mods in that picture and don't forget the denser vegetation mod

As I though, you just confirmed to never have played DaS.

keep being delusional

your bamham game is trash
youtube.com/watch?v=MgyHpqqtctg&feature=youtu.be

>use more than one sword
>game has two swords at a time
what did he mean by this?

>list all the mods in that picture
L'hiver

You can say that from pretty much every game, don't you?

>attack
>don't get hit
TOTALLY LIKE DAEK SOULS YEAHH

So are you saying that open world RPGs are worse than other RPGs? Because if you are, then the best Gothic can be is the best of the worse. Hardly a holy grail in that case.

>DARK SOULS ISNT JUST FAST ATTACK AND ROLL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
fromsoft babies out in full force today
>literally the HARDEST game in the WORLD

Best of the worst**

>So are you saying that open world RPGs are worse than other RPGs?

No, open worlds aren't bad

SHIT open worlds are bad

and most modern open worlds are shit

A good open world is the best

>Best Witcher game
>People praise the slog that was W1 the second it comes out

I did and I only got to right after killing the duke and got ultra bored with the game because in DS there is nothing to carry the game aside from the combat.

Not more than "one", but more than "a", meaning that a sword is not the only type of melee weapon that I can use in Dark Souls

>LMAO DUDE THE WITCHER 3 GAMEPLAY IS TOTALLY LIKE DRAK SOLUS I MEAN YOU CAN ROLL AN ATTACK LMAOOO EXACTLY THE SAME

>my reskinned animations
heh, really changes combat up

Well, yes. DS gameplay is very simple.

The combat. Everything else was fantastic.

>in DS there is nothing to carry the game aside from the combat.

Hm, what about LORE? If you played DaS just because "it's soooo hard lmao" you will most likely get dissapointed.

but all of that is correct

heh. defend your m'lady.

It doesn't change the core of the combat, but changes the timing of attacking and dodging which is already better than seeing the same attack animations of Witcher 3 repeating over the course of 100 hours

PHAHAHA everyone talks that the lore is something you find out indirectly in DS games and you try to pull that shitty argument. Well fuck you TES lore is my fav but that doesn't make the games any better.

AND IT'S EXACTLY LIKE WITCHER 3 RIGHT I MEAN YOU HAVE A SWORD AND DODGE AND SOME MAGIG IT'S OTALLY EQUAL
>what's parry
>what's backstab
>what's a shield
>what's poise
>what's rings

>tfw the witcher 3 reignited my passion for video games after playing garbage games like wow for the past few years

oh shit he mad
>oh shit dark souls has rings, game changer
witcher 3 has mutagens, abilities and mutations

both have the same combat though
>parry
>block
>fast attack
>heavy attack
>roll

>implying there is no stagger, backstab, parry and item buffs in Witcher 3.
pathetic trying to argue with you

Everything. Made it an hour in and stopped and asked for a refund. Enjoying a Real Game right now quite a bit though.

>I'm too lazy to read the wiki and undertand the lore so it's most likely that it is shit anyway

I know the lore and I dont care for. I love reading up lore. DS lore was simply boring. I've probably read all of the TES lore wiki and plenty of other sources.
You are simply a fag who cant into argument.

The x-men tier race stuff is something that was a part of the world since the first Witcher game.
Even the books have that, you are not smarter than anyone.

That's my point retards,Witcher 3 d DaS have two completely different gameplays it's not just
>ATTACK, ROLL, AND DON'T GET HIT LMAO
Duh.

floaty and unresponsive combat
no story
ubisoft sandbox
loot was useless because witcher sets were so good

Your right, the witcher 3 combat is more complex than dark souls.

You're right about most of it.

>people don't react to taking stuff from their house
This is weird most of the time, but guards will actually fuck you up if they catch you.

>only 7 spells which you all get from the beginning
Yeah, but you can alter how they work with upgrades.

>can only use swords
You can use axes or maces as your primary weapon, as well as a crossbow.

>""""Alchemy""""" is pressing one button to magically fill all your potions out of ass without even any alchemy equipment
You need an alchemy recipe for the potion, and you need the ingredients. To replenish them you need alchohest.

>0 exploration
Come on, now.

>95% of the time there's LITERALLY 2 dialogue options
That is a gross exaggeration, but the dialogue system could have been better.

>no skills like blacksmithing, forging weapons, taking trophies, sneaking, lockpicking, creating runes
You can actually take trophies to put on Roach.

What? Didn't you just said you didn't find about the lore because it's indirectly in the game? How do you, all of the sudden, read all the lore from DaS?

Also, if you truly read everything and still didn't liked it there's nothing I can do about. I don't give two shits about TES for example

Divinity Original Sin

>You can use axes or maces as your primary weapon, as well as a crossbow.

HAHAHA You *CAN* but you won't ever use them because they're useless garbage and aren't mean to be used, just like the crossbow which is only useful when the devs planned it.

That's not true, the Dwarvern Axe was the highest damage weapon I could find at multiple stages in the early to mid-game.

I find it very boring and the game itself is very easy
>inb4 t. dark souls is too hard xD fag
these were the reason why I didnt finished TW3

>Didn't you just said you didn't find about the lore because it's indirectly in the game?
I never said I didn't find you shit. And it still doesn't matter because it doesn't change the boring gameplay.

>DUH YOU CANT USE AXE EVER
>axe has the highest damage
>DUH YOU CANT USE CROSSBOW EVER
>crossbow can do up to 1000 damage

>wow dark souls is SO hard
of course witcher 3 is easy on "story only" mode...

I thought it was fun

> daily mass effect damage control thread

your game flopped, and rightfully so. just give it a rest already.