Do you think the Switch is a new failure?

Do you think the Switch is a new failure?

I think you are.

Yes

Conceptually, maybe.

Certainly not sales-wise.
Almost a full month after release, this shit is STILL sold out everywhere.
I was actually at my local gamestop yesterday talking to one of the clerks about it, and they told me a story about how they've been getting regular shipments about 40-50 units, and every single time, they're gone inside an hour

It's clearly not. They should think about releasing some games while the hype is still high.

I hear the Switch snap sound in place of every fap sound I make when I jerk off

No because it will outsell the PS4.

Well considering it's the best launch they ever had for any nintendo system in history, I'd guess no, it's not.

Nope.

>no mario game until december

This was the biggest mistake.

Its Nintendo's new handheld shits selling out because they just know Pokemon is coming.

THEY. JUST. KNOW.

Launching with Zelda only was a fucking mistake

It literally eclipsed the existence of the xbone. Scorpio is DOA.

Xbone eclips itself, nobody even talks about xbox anymore, its just Nintenbros vs Sonybros

>Scorpio

I'm not convinced it will be DOA...yet....But I'm very interested what kind stuff they pull with the Scorpio.

>not adding "I love 1 2 Switch!"

I will edit it later, thanks for the feedback user, im about to came a new batch of wojak nintenbro shitposting images

>~253.4 x 106.4 mm
>Portable console

back in my day, you could keep portable consoles in your pocket

goddamn you should be permabanned just out of principle

Keep em coming. The Wojak edits are the best thing Sup Forums has produced in at least two years.

>no Mario game until the best time of year for sales

Yeah, real big mistake

they should have did the same with the Switch. Instead, they launched it early and now have to deal with a dry season

No, but the way Nintendo is handling the complaints is making it worse.
>A broken LCD screen is a feature

No, it showed that loyal fanboys are everything you need to stay in business. Chances are that you already owned a Wii U if you're a nintendo fan so you had a way to play zelda and there's nothing else on the system to play, despite that fact it sold.

I think it is interesting that Nintendo says it is not a competitor with the 3DS and that they intend to do a sequel to that. I keep expecting the Switch to slowly inch towards being largely in the handheld sphere. I am interested to see how this plays out.

Why do you hate fun user?
I agree, i will colect each and every one of them

I really hope arms is announced soon, the release date's always been "spring" but it's coming up on april now.

Too soon to say, depends on its library. That said, with it being Nintendo the prospects aren't good, unless they've finally learned their lesson.

We'll see. Even if Nintendo had released their own equivalent to the PS4 Pro, I wouldn't buy multiplats on it.

I think it's more of a drip-feed season than a dry season. There's a few high profile games coming out within the next few months (MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2), a brand new IP, and a healthy supply of indie titles. It's still a small, Mario-less library until December, but at least there's stuff to look forward to instead of literally nothing.

>HD monster hunter
>failure
??

Definite short term success but that doesn't make something profitable or successful in the long term, where it matters My opinion is that they rode Zelda way too hard. We shall see.

That being said I'm enjoying BotW and the portability is useful to me.

It's sold out everywhere, no dry season yet

By the time Mario is out the console will actually have a decent library, making it even more enticing

This, Mario is my favorite IP of the whole gaming industry yet I dislike Zelda

What's the lesson Nintendo needs to learn?

Companies don't want to launch new hardware at Christmas because if they can't deliver the hardware they're as good as dead.

Christmas is all about getting as many fucking units shipped as possible, sell through older stock to make way for new releases in the middle of the year.

Apparently, the lesson is that it needs to quit trying to move dedicated hardware and go third party so that it can release games on truly deserving platforms, like iOS and Android.

I honestly think the portability thing is going to shoot this thing through the stars. IMO. Gives 3rd party titles and indies an extra edge on the console.

That their console will falter without proper third party support. I feel like the Switch's lack of power will ultimately work against them in that regard, though, and for two gens straight now Nintendo home consoles miss the big releases unless they're third party.

The biggest problem scorpio have is being on the train tracks of the playstation 4 locomotive.

Nintendo added helicopter blades on the switch to take it off the tracks when the train come, but scorpio is stuck in place, being too heavy to take off.

Depends if the patch the console and the BOTW game. And they fix the hardware problems with the Switch.

Yes

Why even consider a Scorpio when you can just get a PC and play the games on all the platforms on Steam?

I'm a Nintendofag who owns a Wii U and I think it's a failure. I'm just going to wait for an improved edition to show up.

Not everyone is interested in owning a desktop anymore.

Lack of power is just an excuse third parties use to not say something like "we're not publishing the game for this console because it is a failure".
Wii got plenty "impossible" ports, like call of duty, dirt 2, dead rising.
They looked like shit yes, but didn't stopped the third parties from porting to it.

And from a technical standpoint, the gap between Wii and PS3 is a lot bigger than the gap between switch and PS4.
On the Wii you have to throw the entire rendering pipeline, 3D models and textures on the garbage, while on the switch it will just run, but very, very slowly.

I guess that's the same issue I'm having with Sony. Why would I bother with the twins when I can just invest in a PC. And that remains true. But I'm still curious to see what happens with the Scorpio, something to set it apart the PC like the Switch.

Gamestop employee here. Your story is bullshit.

There has been one restock at gamestop since the initial launch which happened this past week. Most stores got a between 6 to 25 units. That was just one shipment.

And a console is not like a desktop how? They are both the same thing with a system that connects to a monitor.

PC gaming has never been bigger and it's only growing. I think consoles are dying (or at least the traditional console).

Starting to think these threads are made by the Wojak poster just to post Wojak images.

Literally barneyfag tier.

Consoles like the PS4 and Xbone have never been more close to being PCs, they're basically budget PCs with a brand stamp.

The concept is pretty good and the games seem solid enough. The actual hardware is trash though. If and when they release a Switch Pro or something like that it'll probably be pretty good

PC gaming maybe, but not really the traditional ATX form factor. It's big and bulky and people consider it outdated.

>people consider it outdated

I think you might be using your opinion and trying to frame it as other peoples. Because PC Gaming has been growing a lot and it has been way easier to own one and actually game than at any other time.

True but people use laptops now. Consoles provide a relatively small form factor that easily fits underneath the TV.

No man, i just look for these threads on purpose, if this was a thread by me, the first response would be a wojak image, i'll do that so the next time you find one, you can get out

So you're the faggot that wanted to sell me infinite warfare yesterday he? I will beat you up next time kid

I don't know man. I just don't think mainstream consumers have much interest in owning old fashioned desktop towers anymore.

Sure, but traditional home consoles are becoming outdated too. They need to offer something different because PCs are becoming more modular. I think in the future it will be PCs with a module hub thing for your TV. Imagine the Steam Link but upgraded (which already works quite well.) look at what the Xbox brand is doing, they already know it's coming and opened a Win 10 store.

>True but people use laptops now

No, people use macs if at all. People use phones now. But brick consoles are dying. Why do you think Nintendo is trying something else?

It's possible but until you can simply walk into a Walmart or Target and find something like you describe stocked alongside the PlayStation, Nintendo and Xbox stuff, consoles aren't going anywhere.

The issue I always have with those statements is that X system getting more popular doesn't mean other ones are failing.

Gaming in general is bigger than it has ever been, and I expect that multiple companies can make money within the sphere.

Kinda.
PS4 is a x86 CPU with a PSVita stuck on the butt, emulating a PCI-E 1x card that have everything.

shit being sold of for nintendo doesn't mean anything, they always have limited stock to drive up demand

Weak

>It's possible but until you can simply walk into a Walmart or Target and find something like you describe stocked alongside the PlayStation, Nintendo and Xbox stuff, consoles aren't going anywhere.

And yet trends show that people are more and more likely to buy digital if given the option. I don't think the Xbox, PS, Nintendo brands will die. I just think they'll adapt, and Nintendo is already doing that.

>The Wojak edits are the best thing Sup Forums has produced in at least two years.

this, especially if you're a PC/nintendo/sony idort and enjoy all of them

Adding to this, the main reason Steam machines flopped is because people didn't know they even existed. Brand awareness was basically nil.

Dam

>They need to offer something different
Which is why the Switch will succeed where PS4 and Xbone will fail. In a couple years, they'll both be copying Nintendo with their own hybrid portable consoles. Screenshot this.

ALL FUCKING 12 OF THEM WEW

>drip-feed
Because that worked so well with WiiU?

Those "High profile" games coming out in a few months aren't really anything special. Those indie titles can all be played on other platforms now. MK8 is just another port (Zelda ports didn't save the WiiU), Splatoon2 isn't going to pull in the same numbers as "real" FPSs, and everything else (Arms, Snipper clippers, etc.) just looks like shovelware.

People love Zelda and are eagerly awaiting Mario. Nintendo dropped the ball by thinking people would buy their console and twiddle their thumbs for 11 months. In the mean time 3rd parties are going to flock elsewhere. Just like with the Wii and WiiU

Exactly. OR do what Xbox is doing and just go for the cross-platform digital store.

no

Hmmmm why do I remember hearing that before?

>Just like with the Wii

The Wii had a ton of third party support albeit no necessarily the AAA multiplats you're probably thinking of.

Care to refute that? Xbox is already adapting to that.

>He thinks that monster hunter isn't already on it way to a multiplatforms and not nintendo
Kek faggot that didn't listen to the leaker

no, I really like it. I can't wait for more games to come out but until them I got zelda, shovel knight, and snipper clips. Those are really fun and worth it. I also love that they're portable and you can play em lots of different ways

Might buy another game if it has good multiplayer to play with friendos, but i'm fine with just waiting. I have a PC so it's not like I need multiplats or lots of games right now anyways

You do realize that it is entirely possible for some stores to receive more stock.

Will it fail and destroy nintendo like every autist who thinks hype equals sales? No.

Will it stagnate and fall victim to shovelware like the Wii and WiiU before it? Probably.

Will nintendo be leave money on the table by doing only 1 release and never reprinting? Yeah.

Switch has dropped off in Japan immensely in the sales charts. It's keeping pace with PS4 but isn't doing 3DS sales numbers.

>Ps4 and Xbox release hybrid portables
>both more powerful than Switch
>not made to replace their home consoles
>third party support
This would be a kick to Nintendo's crotch.

They'll survive because first party games are enough to sustain them for another hundred years but other platforms coming into this weird middle-market to compete would only hurt them

>to the leaker

?

Wii had a ton of shovelware. There's no "must play" third party games for WIi

I mean in theory, the Vita should have been a huge hit. Never count Nintendo out.

>not made to replace their home consoles
That would be a pretty retarded business decision.

>>Ps4 and Xbox release hybrid portables
>>both more powerful than Switch
>>not made to replace their home consoles

Sony can't afford to do that.

That's still third party support though. Choose your wording better next time.

>both more powerful than Switch
Unless you're talking about lynx sized beasts, this is not happening.
Tegra X1 IS the most powerful chip on the market you can use on a handheld sized game console.

To early to see ... Once the Zelda hype dies down it'll have to actually prove itself

Monster Hunter is fucking garbage

ya wanna at least post the leak as opposed to just calling me a faggot?
i just want hd mh :(

>A 16,000 yen product is outselling a 30,000 yen product

These threads always make me aware of how hard it is to get ones hands on actual data points.

It makes it impossible to have real arguments, because everything is dominated by marketing spin.

Vita was a $300 machine to play one game that was put out in a time where people had $200 iPod touches with free or cheap games.

huh... really activates the almonds...

>because everything is dominated by marketing spin.

who's marketing spin?

Vita numbers were exactly the same.