Who was in the wrong here?

who was in the wrong here?

PS2 is the only one with a D-Pad that isn't shit.

only microsoft until the s controller shipped with consoles.

>ps2
wat

Bottom left, easy

You mean Dreamcast.

dreamcast had fewer buttons and one less stick fags

The one without a second stick.
That was the 3D era, how are you intended to control the camera??

As someone who owned all three but the Gamecube how the fuck does that thing play? The four YXAB buttons look so horrendously uncomfortable because it's all different sizes and the placement is all over the place

I think they are all pretty great controllers. If I had to complain though it would be Xbox and dreamcast's lack of 4 shoulder buttons and dreamcast's lack of a 2nd analog stick. With the Gamecube, 3 shoulder buttons is alright, not as bad as 2. But they really are all great controllers either way.

It's great for smash and mario strikers.
I think it's one of the few controllers designed for the games and not the other way around

it made playing fighting games weird but for everything else it was great

dual analog controllers werent standard yet when the dreamcast came out

It's a pretty intuitive placement for most game.
Y is above A
X is to the right of A
Reminds me a graph, X,Y axis and what not.
B is the tiny panic button you need to press every so often. A sits right where your thumb would rest. It just makes sense some how.

not an excuse

>dual analog controllers werent standard yet when the dreamcast came out
>ps1 (one) dualanalog followed with the dualshock
>even some n64 games allowed dual analog by dualwielding

>dual analog controller came out in 1997
>dreamcast came out in 1998
>like 5 games actually utilized the fucking thing

not an argument.

well, deinitelly not ps2 controller, it's definitely the most advanced one her
>4 shoulder buttons
>2 analogs
>analog face buttons
>great d-pad

>>like 5 games actually utilized the fucking thing
Wrong.
Well, if you are talking about the green light of the dualanalog, yes. But the dualshock was utilized by every game that came out after its launchm it wasn't mandatory in most cases to not fuck over the costumers but it was widely utilized.

so i am right, thanks!

PlayStation controller has always been and always will be the best

I still loved the Xbox fat controllers. I know it was the butt of jokes for a long time, but they really did fit my hands perfectly.

dreamcast's controller was fuck awful except for the dpad

:)

Only thing I particularly disliked about the DC controller was the wire coming out the bottom.

I liked the VMU.

All of them besides ps2 were in the wrong. But i will let xbox off since they came close. Nogamescube and memecast controllers are a fucking disgrace though. No l3 r3 buttons. No r3 at all on memecast. No l1 r1. No select button. Shitty dpads. Shitty wires. Triggers on gamecube squishy like a mans ass and lets not get started on the yellow nipple

xbox controller was comfortable to hold and had the best triggers. never liked the dualshock.

Dreamcast had 1 thumbstick and the wire came from the bottom. Worst controller in that picture.
The gamecube controller had that awkward tiny c-stick, and the ps2 controller has awful symmetric analog sticks close to each other and lacked triggers. Also, both the gamecube and ps2 controllers are too small
Xbox controller is the best one, its only flaw is that the white and black buttons are below abxy instead of being bumpers

The upright position made the triggers extremely awkward to press which caused the analogue to be awkward to grip.

The bottom cord was a pain also.

The VMU was neat.

for some reason i thought they black and white buttons were above abxy on the duke controller? am i imagining things?

Xbox S was the best. DS introduced the second triggers/shoulder buttons which I hate, but the controller is good. GC and Dreamcast are fine for some games, Dreamcast's for Soul Calibur was perfect

As far as I recall, none of the controllers had a real good d-pad like the saturn, genesis or snes ones

>That was the 3D era, how are you intended to control the camera??
Some games wiith the triggers. Some other games with the analog while playing with the d-pad.
DC was 1998, it was competing with psx/one and n64. Just dual shock had 2 analog sticks at the time and few games even used both analog sticks
Dual shock/analog was released like in 97, before that the original psx controller just had a d-pad and no analog, like the saturn controller.

For adventure games like Zelda, or a ToS that controller was perfect. For fighting games it was weird as hell

GC had the worst setup for main buttons and the worst d-pad out of the four. But at least it taught me to bear with d-pads of newer generations.

Dreamcast, who the fuck puts the cord at the bottom of the controler, its as stupid as the Samsung S6 ear jack's being at the bottom.

Don't know much about the dreamcast What was the purpose of the small screen?

It was a memory card with a screen.
You could play mini-games from some games(like power stone had 3 mini-games or chao adventure) to get shit into the main-game, or games like snake.
Otherwise the screen would show some logos of the games or characters portraits while playing them, but games like Soul Calibur or Virtua Tennis would show the pixelated character fighting or swinging like in-game. I think some games would show the ammo you had and maps.

It'd interact with games in some way and it'd pop out, or it could play games on it's own.

Ever played Sonic Adventure? You could put Chao in them.

Good thing no one ever tried that stupid idea again, right Nintendo?

Symmetrical analog sticks are cancer so playstation

Dreamcast was comfortable but it wasn't going to be viable in the long-term. Great controller, comfortable for arcade games. From a realistic point of view, it wasn't going to cut it for another year. It needed a second analog and L2 and R2 buttons. The Gamecube controller was already gimped as it was. Trying to get ports running correctly on the controller wasn't going to happen post-2001.

Is your body asymmetrical?