I'm going to play this with english dub

I'm going to play this with english dub.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve5Mnk5UN9o
twitter.com/randomfox/status/845414021327044610
youtube.com/watch?v=FbQbIuG3se0
youtube.com/watch?v=ILT2ftAl9Z4
streamable.com/gkd2v
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ok

Glad we got that out of the way.

I'll allow it.

me too

Me too

english dubs are great my mang, no problem

Same here.

Reminder it has one of the best japanese cast in the whole story of Persona ever.

I have no issue what-so-ever with people of a different race than my own.

Okay Anoon-Chan-Senpai

I'm honestly hesitating between the two... There are some english voices I dislike and also some I hate in the Japanese version too.

Anne is shit in english.
Morgana is irritating in japanese. (Typical shrieking high-pitched bullshit.)
Protag english, Ryuji english... ugh.

I feel Atlus usa miscasted a lot and P5 might be overall inferior to the quality of english voices of P4.

>missing out on the nip VAs
To each their own I guess

Honestly, the dub isn't all that bad, i prefer the jap mostly because MC and Mona and Yusuke just sound so much better to me, but if it was like p3 and 4 and there was no option i wouldnt throw a fit. Mona is really the only voice ive heard that i hate in the dub.

I thought Persona 4s dub was amazing, but the English voices seem really bad especially Igor's in 5. But I really don't know which one to pick, I wanna hear one of the girls say "I love you" in English, I'm not sure I'll get the same feeling if it's in Jap. Im conflicted

I think I'll switch between and see which one I like before I settle

>Morgana is irritating in japanese. (Typical shrieking high-pitched bullshit.)

He literally sounds more high pitched and feminine in English.
In Japanese he sounds a lot cockier and eccentric, but he's lower pitched and more masculine sounding too.
Stop being fucking retarded.

The dub isn't bad per se. It's just not as good as the japanese version overall. Some of the characters are great in english though.

is there like a comparison video? with the english and jap voices back to back?

NEKO JA NEEEEEE. It sounds really stupid. And I don't want to listen to this fucking cat mascot remembering the worst of anime comedy in Japanese.

And I like Cassandra.

>Morgana is irritating in japanese. (Typical shrieking high-pitched bullshit.)
>youtube.com/watch?v=Ve5Mnk5UN9o
Compared to his English voice, he's far less high pitched
What the fuck are you talking about?
The only times he doesn't sound that way are when he's meowing, which sound just as bad if not worse in English
No matter what you think of his Japanese voice, his English one is miles worse and sounds bored as fuck the entire time

>NEKO JA NEEEEEE

You are aware that was a meme used in promo material and he says that literally once in-game right? He's not high pitched, and he suits the character miles more than fucking Cassandra does. You're a legitimate fucking retard

I respect your preference. Enjoy the game, friend!

fuck, that's my biggest gripe with japanese dub, definitely prefer english morgana, same issue as teddie from p4

>NEKO JA NEEEEEE
there is literally nothing wrong with this line, and "don't call me a cat" in english sounds miles fucking worse
you're fucking cancer if you think the dub voice is better

This has got to be bait.
No way can you people legitimately think English Morgana is even passable.

Im also going to use english dubs.

Im convinced that the only reason people are so autistic about games using english dubs is just because they are obsessed with japan

Actually
twitter.com/randomfox/status/845414021327044610

In response to a weeb posting on twitter someone pronounced a name wrong.

>Matt Mercer as Yusuke Kitagawa
I probably could use english VA too. I don't like Makoto and Morgana, but Yusuke and Futaba in english are just amazing.

the better question, how can people find japanese morgana even passable, fuck off with your pikachu sounding mascots

Jap first playthrough, play it, enjoy it, take my time with it

English in 2nd playthrough, going for 100% all maxed social links or whatever they're called now.

Yeah, nah. You're shitposting.

Can we agree that Makoto is the best girl?

Sakamoto is pronounced wrong, other than that English sounds more natural here, Japanese one is overacting as usual

I have to play it with english dub because constantly reading subs is fucking dumb.

>Japanese one is overacting as usual
Holy shit stop. They're not even comparing the same line, the one where she's yelling is after being dragged into the castle with no clue, she's meant to be fucking confused and scared.
The dub is the one that's full of overacting:
youtube.com/watch?v=FbQbIuG3se0
youtube.com/watch?v=ILT2ftAl9Z4

You're still going to be reading text whenever there are unvoiced lines.

I have to agree, it seems like having to fucking read everything would ruin the immersion and pace

i guess, your power level is just that much higher than mine :^)

She would be if she wasn't an upperclassman.
The whole snobby class president thing is better when they're the same age so you can stand up to them.

I don't mind it but I would rather not read the entire thing. I don't have time for that bullshit anymore. Bitch.

But reading the text would be faster than waiting for characters to speak their lines though.

>futaba in english is amazing
I like Erica Lindbeck in other things but Futaba's dub voice is way to deep for her.

Yeah it's an obvious miscast.

>They're not even comparing the same line
just like the videos that you have posted

The voice director on this is one of the shirtless in the industry

The only thing I don't like is the guns are toys. Like, stop being a pussy persona 5. 2 let you buy guns from a fucking Russian.

Japanese VA is good as a fallback when English dubs are shit.
I can't tell the difference between good and bad japspeak and that's better than listening to a bad performance I can understand.

Preferring Japanese audio when you can't speak it for any other reason than dodging bad English dub is pure autism and shouldn't be allowed.

think i'm going to stick with the subs, 'cause i don't want to hear someone say dumb shit like "i will not lose heart again" in english.

The worst part is she's capable of doing higher-pitched voices(see kotoko in danganronpa and orange heart in neptunia) but the director made her use this deeper voice.

>just like the videos that you have posted
The lines in both trailers match up EOP. The first 3 lines are the same in both, and the latter 2 lines are the same too. The only ones that aren't the same are the "Persona 5, coming 9-15" and "Fist of Justice," and the ones that aren't said by Makoto.

May be faster and more efficient, but I'm retarded and I feel like I'd connect with the character more I've I'm listening not reading what they say

holy crap, the American localization is literally 4kidz tier

>but I'm retarded
ok

>shirtless
What did he mean by this?

WASSUP Sup ForumsERSONA

Not sure yet, but Tae sounds like a 60-yo gran, so i'm probably leaning towards undub.

>shirtless

>the guns are toys
what the fuck really?

I don't think you know what the problem was with 4kids dubs

Except that's wrong. The problem with 4kids localizations is different, but their dubs are the same level as this garbage.

STRICT JAPANESE GUN RAWS

THIS EFFIN' ROCKS

>shirtless
im gonna buy 2 copies of p5 so the poor guy can buy a goddamn shirt

Wait really? Thats fucking dumb if it's true. If so, then was Naotos gun even real?

Yeah, probably just some shitty old passed down revolver

The argument is as old as the internet.

An English dub in English speaking countries is more accessible.
The Japanese dub has the original voices but requires reading subtitles and maybe missing out on Japanese wordplay or references.*

*TRANSLATOR NOTE HEY THAT'S MY JOB

ESL posters seem to hate dubs since they can't understand either language well, others hate having to hear just how stupid "I love you big brother" sounds in a language they understand, and others have 4kids PTSD.

>Typical shrieking high-pitched bullshit.
Expressing excitement is not "shrieking high-pitched bullshit".
Morgana's a fucking cat, he's meant to sound a little bit high pitched, but they get a good balance in Japanese.
In English it sounds like a 7 year old girl character and has no personality.
streamable.com/gkd2v
Kindly off yourself.

Same, I dont want to be distracted by having to read text when i could be watching the amazing story unfolding before my very own eyes.

GET REKT

nope where some kind of replica or some shit like that. she even said it.

>is one of the shirtless in the industry
What a fucking pervert. I'm not going to support this game anymore.

That's fine, masochism is pretty common in today's world.

So, what's the score

>The Japanese dub has the original voices but requires reading subtitles and maybe missing out on Japanese wordplay or references.*
Not the case when the game uses the English script regardless. The difference is that you're getting it read to you by amateurs who can't act for shit, and weren't chosen or directed by the original director. It's a Japanese game, set in Japan, about Japanese problems, you're fucking stupid if you think that it's unreasonable someone finds it being dubbed over to be stupid.
Kill yourself you pathetic dubfag.

They buy model guns and and weapons that LOOK dangerous, and then inside peoples minds they ARE dangerous.
It's still an obvious "how do carry around guns" excuse but its better than "i carry a claymore under my shirt into an electronics store"

No wonder the VA is so shit, the fucking director is probably starving to death on top of not even have a shirt on his back. God damn.

Give me a version without the ticks already on there, because there's no androgynous character.

>I'VE AWAKENED TO A NEW POWER
>well, this is what you can probably call fate
???

>Morgana

What are some must haves for the PS4? Planning to get a PS4 and getting Persona 5, FF XV, and Kingdom Hearts on it.

There's the hatred for the English language.

Not androgynous.

bitch its a video game im going to play it how i like you can bitch and cry about how others play all you want

Bloodborne, Nioh, Yakuza 0. Pretty much a pure single-player console

Submit yourself to Nep

>"i carry a claymore under my shirt into an electronics store"
Shit was hilarious in P4 when they got caught though.

You're free to play it however you like, but I'm gonna laugh at you for using the objectively inferior voice track. Even moreso when you try to defend your decision.

ENGLISH MASTER RACE

BECAUSE MISTER TRUMP FUCKING SAID SO

Nier Automata
Bloodborne
Yakuza 0
Gravity Rush
Gravity Rush 2
Dark Souls III
The Last Guardian
Resident Evil VII

there are people like this holy shit

He's right though

>biggest twist in the game literally depends on the Japanese VA
>EOPs will use the dub not knowing this and ruin their experience
kekaroo

Same tbqh famalamadingdong

>biggest twist in the game literally depends on the Japanese VA

I know, dubfags are unbelievable aren't they?

I'm ESL and most of the time have a really hard time deciding with which dub to go, both languages sound really nice to me

explain