Imagine how great this game would be if it weren't held back by Sony's lacklustre hardware

Imagine how great this game would be if it weren't held back by Sony's lacklustre hardware.

I'd say that the gameplay holds it back more than anything else.

if it were just the same thing with better graphics / physics I don't think it would be a wildly better game.

What gameplay?

It is really the citizen kane of the movies

open world

Yeah good thing it's 60fps on the ps4

Game's alright, but no where near the level normalfags put it. The only reason they rate it so high is because of the story. I have no idea why though, story is also just alright, nothing amazing.

>Yeah good thing it's 60fps on the ps4
Still held back by the PS4's piss weak CPU. Plus the liberal use of prerendered cutscenes. I want to dress Joel up as a gimp and have him appear as a gimp in all the cutscenes.

I enjoy sneaking around, that's what it was all about for me

>that one part where you have to turn the generator on and they swarm the room
>I try to fight my way to the door
>go rambo and lay waste to as many as I can
>see them come running in from through the walls and realize they are just spawning endlessly
>not sure if it's scripted or not but basically you can just run straight to the door and they wont get you

>Game
HE SAID IT!!!
HAHAHA
XD XD XD
ITS A MOVIE!!!!

epic xD , you'd fit right in with the nexus modders.

How come Crysis 3 had huge open levels with graphics that put everything else to shame, while TLOU is a corridor? What did Crytek have that Naughty Dog don't? Besides competent game designers?

It is a great game
Retards on Sup Forums just like to shitpost memes and act contrarian

13 million sales?

This. I had to stop watching after a couple hours because I only got full control over my character for about 10 minutes.

So you're saying that there's a direct link between making your game a corridor where every major cutscene is a pre-rendered video, and massive sales?

Crysis 3 also had worse gameplay than 1 and was only 3 hours long.

I have The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 and it runs at a pretty steady fps. Looks pretty good too. That being said I ever understood the love for this game. It reminded me of the Walking Dead TV show and I hate that show.

>Crysis 3 also had worse gameplay than 1 and was only 3 hours long.
Crysis has the best gameplay in the series and is around 5-7 hours long. Crysis 1's gameplay is awful.

Name an actual flaw in Crysis 3's gameplay. The AI is great, the level design is great, the revamped nanosuit is great, the combat is great.

It is already pretty good. What do you want from it?
Let me guess... you want it to be an open world full of meaningless quests or something?

>Crysis 1's gameplay is awful
I can't even be bothered to insult you for having this stupid opinion.

What's wrong with things being pre rendered, never understood this meme
If it looks nice why does it matter

>What's wrong with things being pre rendered, never understood this meme
Ages horribly. FMV is usually 30fps, too. One of the major reasons why the N64 was so much better than the PS1.

Crysis 1:
Broken AI.
Huge levels with nothing to do.
Terrible pacing.
You can't actually destroy stuff. It's just a meme because Crysis 1 fans never play past the first section of the game.
Ceph are kinda shit.
Nanosuit is horribly balanced.

Crysis 3 fixed almost all of these issues.

I really don't understand why so many people loved this game. I couldn't play it more than a couple hours.

It's the only game I've bothered finishing in a long time desu

I hope you're getting money or free games to bash one platform... if not, you're a cuck.

One platform? The PS1 held back gaming when the N64 saved it. The PS2 held back gaming when the Xbox saved it. Not my fault Sony only got gud with the PS4, which is unfortunately still pretty weak.

Iunno Naughty Dog seems to work best when working on a closed piece of hardware. Also their dev time is already pretty long for a short guided experience

How? It looks fine enough and is too simple for performance to matter. Don't try telling me Naughty Dog had ambitious ideas which they would have done if they had better tools to work with. We didn't get 3 way fights between people and zombies, that wasn't a hardware limitation, that was a Naughty Dog being lazy faggots limitation.

Fucking Cuaron of video games. Children of Men can suck my dick and so can this game.

There are no female NPCs because muh ram limitations. GTA V makes TLOU look like a joke.

>There are no female NPCs because muh ram limitations.
That's Assassin's Creed you fucking retard.

Assassin's Creed has female NPCs, you fucking retard. The Last of Us has no female NPCs because Naughty Dog claim the PS3 didn't have enough ram.

What about Joel's boring friend from the start of the game? Couldn't they have just thrown different clothes on clones of her? And multiplayer has women.

Joel and Ellie bashing women's heads in would have just felt edgy though.

Might as well say you hate Sony and be done with it.

There's a difference between hating Sony and hating their weaksauce console hardware.