Atlas - Above average damage and magazine capacity

>Atlas - Above average damage and magazine capacity.

>Dahl - High recoil reduction, at the cost of accuracy.

>Hyperion - Very high recoil reduction and accuracy.

>Jakobs - Never manufactures elemental weapons. Very high damage, but with lower fire rate and recoil reduction.

>Maliwan - Only manufactures elemental weapons, which have much higher tech regeneration rates.

>S&S Munitions - Very high magazine capacity. Usually manufactures elemental weapons.

>Tediore - Extremely fast reload speed, with a slight compromise on damage and accuracy.

>Torgue - High damage and slightly higher fire rate, but suffers from much lower accuracy and recoil reduction.

>Vladof - Very high fire rate, good recoil reduction, but suffers from much lower accuracy.

Which manufacturer makes the best guns?

jakobs, cuz if it ain't dead in one shot your doing it wrong

What character are you playing

>High recoil reduction, at the cost of accuracy
>Reduce recoil
>now become less accurate

How the fuck does that work?

Whoever makes Anarchies and Mashers. Also Hellfires.

>tfw borderlands 3 will be a bigger trainwreck than Andromeda

>no eridian

sway vs recoil

r u evn tryin

Sway is recoil

fpbp

gun has no kick but suffers through shit manufacturing so all your bullets come out sideways

Burst fire is preferred, full auto makes your gun turn into an earthquake generator

jakobs, then probably maliwan

ADS, your sight has movement to it. Slight horizontal, slight vertical.

Fire, your sight climbs vertically at a consistent rate.

What hes saying is that follow up shots are easier to land, but first shot accuracy is lower.

Currently using Jakobs sniper rifle, strong as fuck but so slow it's painful.

Jakobs sniper with a Torgue microwave rocket shotgun.

TOURGE

BADASSS GUNS FOR BADASSES WITH THE RIGHT BADASSITUDE

BADDASS

BADAAASSS

I wish this global trait concept was used in other, perhaps better games

the idea of nailing a combination of gun type and brand to create a perfect combo for your build is pretty cool

Did you know that each part of the gun rolls with a different manufacturer, and getting all parts the same as the overall gun just boosts its stats? It's fucked up. Extra layer of super RNG for no real reason.

Jakobs and Maliwan are my favorites, and Tediore for Second Winds.

Ok, I didn't know that. What the fuck.

Oh man, just imagine if the game wasn't based absolutely on random number to determine weapon power. What if you could craft weapons, too? What if you could feed guns to guns for better guns?!

Torgue
Who needs accuracy with a point blank shotgun?

>>Who needs accuracy with a point blank shotgun?
Siren players? I mean, I never relished getting point blank with stuff.

Sounds like you never played Kreig

I did not. I kind of burned out on BL2 after a while because of the level scaling making it no longer viable to play solo.

Fuck. I miss that comfy BL1/BL2 feeling.

>GET A MALIWAN, AND LIGHT SOME PEOPLE ON FIRE!

>not playing exclusively maliwan snipers and smgs

not sure why you'd use anything else. Keep around one shotgun I guess.

>No one like Maliwan

I hope BL3 brings back BL1's unique death animations. I liked melting dudes with acid.

I GOT ONE QUESTION

EXPLOSIONS?

Best gun.

My build is a jackobs sniper rifle, torque assault rifle and handgun and tediore shotgun(I miss the sword shotgun from 2)

>jakobs sniper with vladof barrel

Please.

>those dahl 3-shot sniper rifles

I can live with most manufacturers in all the games, but fuck that. They're not fucking Torgue, sitting around masturbating to shit blowing up. Multiple shots ain't everything, especially when it makes you shit.

Their SMGs always feel nice though at least.

I always liked the way Hyperion guns looked

Maliwan Hellfire and Pestilence Defiler from the first Borderlands shreds ass though.

Practically and statistically speaking, Maliwan, Jakobs, and Hyperion weapons are always the best

I always carry around a Jackobs revolver. I kind of wish they kept revolver ammo and pistol ammo separate so that I could use my trusted Jackobs as well as a pistol.

i fucking miss s&s

I want to know who's to blame for turning Hyperion guns into pure shit in Borderlands 2.

Also, getting rid of Atlas and S&S was a mistake.

Handsome Jack

>Hyperion SMGs/Pistols
>first half of the clip shakes yur fucking screen like nothing else
What is even the fucking point?

>Tediore for Second Winds
Babymaker is fucking incredible, isn't it?

That's not the Unkempt Harold.

Is this good?

Sure

>second half are pinpoint accurate allowing you to line up repeated headshots with relatively high damage per bullet and a solid fire rate.

Surely I'm not the only one that likes Hyperion guns?

Pistols are ok, but I can not get used to the fucking recoil on the SMGs.

Which is a shame because Hyperion guns look the best by far, especially Purple tire which are fucking gold and black.

get yourself a Bitch.
Thing is fucking laser-accurate.

Currently using this.

For level 25 sure it looks pretty good

Conference Call was pretty good shotgun. By pretty good i mean absolutely broken. Though gunzerking vladof guns were pure DAKKA.

bump

In general, Hyperion, Maliwan, and Vladof. Jakobs for certain characters.

Worst is easily Tediore.

>Siren players?

>not playing Siren with points in Fleet and using the Rough Rider sonicing around

If I remember right she can get over 200% bonus movespeed if you use a good Banshee class mod but fuck the Banshee class mod

What are some fun builds for Borderlands 2? I recently got to like level 65 with melee assassin and I wanna try something new

>God tier
Hyperion (Bl1)
Atlas

>High tier
Maliwan
Jakobs
S&S

>Good tier
Torgue
Vladof
Hyperion (Bl2)
Bandit

>Meh Tier
Dahl
Teidore

>Shit tier
Eridian

Whoever manufactured Whitting's Elephant Gun, that was my favourite from Borderlands. I don't know if I ever finished the second game.

I don't think it had the same name, but the Elephant gun was in the second game as well. It was my favorite gun in both games.

There's actually two that are similar, there's the Buffalo from the quest where you kill that one skag's mom in cowboy town and then the Hammerlock DLC had the Elephant Gun as a rarer drop from some named mob

I wish I didn't need a guide to figure out what all the special gun traits were.

I was thinking of the Buffalo rifle in that case. I never got any of the DLC.

>TESTOSTERONE!

Atlas in 1, Jakobs for pistols and snipers and Hyperion for everything else in 2 and TPS

>Siren players?
>Lilith: can become invisible and ambush or retreat easily.
>Maya: can disable a target and make it completely vulnerable.
Yup, sirens can use a shotgun to the face pretty well.

>not the conference ca.... oh

The art tech is neat

jakobs but only for their revolvers
if BL3 has exponential weapon scaling like 2 with pointlessly high damage/health/weapon numbers I'm going to run over randy pitchford in my car

>did a cowboy run where the only guns I used were Jakobs shotguns, sniper rifles, and revolvers
>played as Axton with Stand There and Bleed/Call Down the Thunder skin/head combo

anyone else just use the save editor to scale your guns up to your current level?

>cheat and give myself 500000000000000000000 golden keys
>shit i get out of it is useless almost a level after i get it

>I'm going to run over randy pitchford in my car
I'm holding you to that, user.

Oh boy, finally a thread for my specific brand of autism. I know an embarrassing amount about Bl1 guns.

>Did you know that each part of the gun rolls with a different manufacturer, and getting all parts the same as the overall gun just boosts its stats? It's fucked up. Extra layer of super RNG for no real reason.

that's only in Bl2, and only affects grips and *maybe* barrels. You always wanted a Dahl stock because there were objectivky the best. But Bl2 gun generation is shit, ruined all complexity and complicated min-maxxing in Bl1. There's always a best and a worst and parts don't affect one another outside of Manufactorer matching. Variety goes to shit.

Second best barrel (highest accuracy, second highest damage), literally the worst body (lowest damage, second lowest accuracy, shitty firerate). Best material, Cobalt gives really nice stat buffs. Scope is personal preference, and is probably what's making it a purple, without a scope it'd be blue with identical stats. Magazine is huge damage boost, but needs to reload every two shots. Great for burst damage.

Overall it's a meh gun, but for level 25 it will shred everything in a headshot or two, especially since most enemies are weak to fire and revolvers have effectively unlimited X1 elemental buffs, and the x2 and x3 will happen whenever you have enough tech.

Recoil/accuracy in borderlands is 4 stats

> starting accuracy
> full reticule bloom accuracy
> speed at which reticule blooms
> speed at which it resets

With high accuracy your first shot will be pin-point, but your reticule could potentially grow to the size of a house after one bullet. With high recoil reduction your default accuracy might be meh, but it won't lose as much under sustained fire.

I don't give a fuck about that, I want to personally meet the man who decided to turn revolvers from god-tier to sell-on-sight-tier garbage in a single game.

Torgue's crater actually got some chuckles out of me. Too bad they thought if they made fun of themselves, that means it's okay to still overuse badass.

I really wish another game with a gun/weapon system similar to Borderlands would get developed. It's pretty damn neat, and I believe a key reason to the series longevity. Because it sure as shit isn't the writing itself.
Story is kinda decent, but constantly shat on by memes

>when you first get cloud kill

I really enjoy the Hyperion shotguns with this feature.

The only change revolvers needed was to be legitimised as a weapon type. In Bl1 anything that affected "pistols" affected Repeaters, Machine pistols and revolvers (despite using seperate ammo), this meant some things were not balanced at all since they were intended for semi-auto or fully auto handguns, but also boosted Revolvers.

What they SHOULD have done was fully seperated light and heavy pistols (since revolver is too specific a term, and some manufactorers should have made Hand cannon style pistols) and had seperate ammo, skills, COMs etc... basically treat them like SMGs and Assault Rifles.

Instead they merged them completly all under one ammo type and tried to balance it from there. When a revolver and a tmp use the same ammunition and are affected by the same gear, one is going to end up shit. Amazing, and impressing everyone, Gearbox made both shit with the exception of a few specific uniques.

Cloud Kill was shit until a year and a half ago.

They're not as bad as memes say. Repeatedly hammering enemy's crit spot from a huge distance is pretty satisfying.
>mfw the last CS:GO update made the Negev a Hyperion LMG

i did that after i got all the guns i wanted, fuck farming for 4000 hours or playing with gimped gear i dont like

Maliwan SMGs

I was less peeved about all that and moreso that revolvers became a "fire as fast as you can pull the trigger" meme.
And a meme it was, considering why I liked using revolvers more than any other weapon type in BL1 was because getting headshots with them was satisfying, and because critical damage boosts with mordecai is literal insanity. I can't really do that now because revolvers are now about clicking as fast as you can and have absolutely no accuracy. And on top of that as you said they are just plain shit to begin with.
Did the pre sequel ever even address this? How much did the pre sequel change from 2 in general anyways?

I'm surprised no one's made a Medival ripoff of Borderlands.

> swords
> mace
> Axe's
> hammers
> spears
> bows
> crossbows
for weapon types
> Hilts, blade shape, metal type, decoration
for parts

different fantasy races/factions instead of Manufactorer each with biased stats and distinct looks.

Tons of games have randomised loot, but Borderlands (1, and only bl1) does it best in my opinion, because you can read a weapons stats just by seeing the model, and different stuff affects the overal weapon in different ways depending on a whole bunch of criteria. EG wanted Mat2 instead of Mat3 even though it's worse, so the mat3 prefix doesn't override the other prefix which gives a higher net total in stats (but only if you care about firerate over damage, otherwise a different combination is optimal).

I couldn't agree more, "fire as fast as you can pull the trigger" should have been an Assesory that spawned on maybe 1/5 guns, like a blade attachment, or an element. Instead they ruined Jakobs, the company motto was all about only ever needing one shot, which is why it took 2 seconds to shoot again on some of thier guns in Bl1. Making them the bullet spam company was hearsay. Same with making Hyperion inverse recoil, it'd be a cool gimmick, IF IT WASNT ON EVERY SINGLE GUN THEY MADE.

Pre-Sequel fixed the exponential damage scaling and removed slag. Lasers are cool. All of bl2's other problems still exist. It's more like a giant DLC than a game, the HUD looks identical and the gun system is exactly the same but with some new uniques and Lasers as a new weapon type.

> All of bl2's other problems still exist.
please don't tell me this means the bee still exists.

Why would you put Bandit guns as good? they seem terrible to me unless I'm missing something

Honestly never followed the brands, just used the better guns I've come across.

Question for BL2, I ear assault rifles and trash, so what're good weapons for Acton?

I gotta admit, I would play the fuck out of that.

After going back to BL1 I can't pkay BL2 anymore. How did they fuck up the weapons (and for the most part everything else) in 2?

Shotguns and smgs

Gaige has class mods that increase her damage and magazine for rifles and torgue rifles are especially good as long as they have good cadency. Eridian rifles are also good but consume double ammo.
I can't help you with Axton, but smgs are universally good.

They didn't wanted to remain relevant for too long, so in bl2 a single level of difference can deal much more damage while in bl1 you could conserve your weapons almost forever.

Mind if I ask how you got a screenshot like that?

Trying Borderlands 2 again was almost disgusting with how wacky and not fun the mechanics and guns are. I do appreciate them making a better turret than the Scorpio and letting you favorite guns at least but there's too many things that ruin the experience, especially the shit story of "we wuz heroes" instead of vault hunters and the unending assault of meme garbage.

Post your gun-fu

I'm looking for a higher level one but I love this. Combined with Metal Storm and Overload it dumps a stream of bullets into enemies

>High recoil reduction, at the cost of accuracy
The what is the fucking purpose of this gun

this