What's the most money you've spent on a video game

What's the most money you've spent on a video game

59€ for the new Zelda

When I was making tons of money at my last job, I bought an American copy of Snatcher

Just look it up on eBay

60+10(and taxes)~ for 2 day shipping.

Never finished the game

Actually when I think of it I spent 695 finnish marks on NHL 95 for SNES back in the day. It would be equivalent of 160 euros today.

60 dollars for No man's sky.

like 80 bucks on a neo geo mvs cart?

what happened to your job

The only game I bought at full price was Overtrash for 60$. I'm never falling for an overhyped meme of a game ever again.

What's the most shitpost you've ever made for the excuse to post a fucking stupid meme you couldn't resist to share?

80 bucks or so for a copy of xenoblade chronicles back when gamestop rereleased it but acted like it was still scarce.

$99 Canadian on Final Fantasy 3 Snes a few weeks after it came out.
That was the retail price, bought in store

>went to my local retro game store
>was selling it for 50
>thought that was a good price
>it's brand new on Amazon for 45
>he lets me get a refund

That's the last time I fall for the retro game Jew

$110 for a Japanese import

It was a fighting game.

Bought the sequel at $78 a year later

a couple of grand on the initial d/wangan midnight arcade games with the memory cards

I bought Orange Box for retail price and lost my wallet with 200€ in it the same trip.

300€ for sims 4

>sealed game prices for 6th gen games

Try calculating all your wow subscriptions together.

why is cat

$20

Oh boy, here we go again.

Over the course of like 6....maybe 7 years, about $300~350 on SDGO.

So even on the high estimate, that's $5 a month.
No complaints really.

Never paid more for a single game than full retail price of a new release, so about 60 eurobucks.

80 dollardoos for a LE JRPG

probably like $250 from various runescape memberships over the years. wasnt even my money, all my parents.

I bought Suikoden 2 a decade ago for 180 bucks.

Thank God for piracy

>Flashbacks to my first F2P MMO
I'd rather not do the math

Probably like 80 bucks just to be a dick on an Ebay auction

>just post the same thing all the time until it's funny
I wish I had something to do at work so I don't have to deal with you shitnuggets

I love when I meet people who actually play sims. They are always really interesting.

N-NANI?

Whatever MMO I've subbed to the longest.

Worked for this. I hated it when it first started being posted, but it makes me laugh now.

The ones I know justify it by saying that it's the only game they play.

I don't understand how or why this became a meme. There are thousands of strange cat pictures out there.

Get a real job then you literally worthless deskhumper

59€ on yakuza 0

Preordered injustice 2, probably gonna be around 69... dumbest decision ever but the game's gonna be neat.

I met a flight sim guy who built a 10,000+ cockpit in his basement. And he played on a server where real people would act as flight control. They are a strange and hardcore bunch.

God bless 'em.

I think it's a genre that can be enjoyed by actual autism patients.

zelda botw, 80 leaf dollars plus tax

I'll never spend more than that on a single video game

$600 on Puzzle and Dragons over 3 years.

Never falling for the mobile jew again

I got paid one day for my school refund. Paid my tuition, fees all that shit. Had roughly 2k left over, so my dumb ass spent anywhere from 6 to 800 on gear on a wow private server. Server is no more now, feels bad man.

this.

lol dumbass
I don't play MMORPGs any more because my receipts page depresses me

I bought 4 copies of Brink to get all the preorder DLC weapons.

Yeah, it was fun, but i ended up quitting cause raiding took over my life. Server went down, and the people have another one up last i checked. But of course, my decked out resto shammy is gone.

I spent 200 bucks for a sealed Fire Emblem game

I bought a Breath of the Wild machine

Thank god walmart has a lax return policy

I've spent over 2000$ on Hearthstone. I've still never even gotten rank 1

$85: (PS2)Guitar Hero 2 with Cherry SG + import fees
$85: (X360)Guitar Hero 2 with White Xploder + Foo FIghters DLC
$85: (X360)Guitar Hero 3 with Black Les Paul
$85: (X360)Rock Band with Drum Set

and on top of that $340, you could add the $250 i spent on a PS2 hard drive loader system, which was used mostly for Guitar Hero 1, 4, 5, Aerosmith, Metallica, Van Halen, 80s, and Band, and also the Rock Band PS2 Track Packs

the GH/RB titles i downloaded alone justifed the cost of the system

hey speaking about it, does anyone know any good GH/RB PS2 Custom ISOs? i remember having a great time with a modded GH2 that had Johnny B Goode

like 80 bucks on dark souls 3 with the season pass

thinking about it makes me feel ill

>not just emulating it in hd

We've all been there, m8. Don't feel bad. Last month I spent 30 bucks on the second SFV season pass

I don't own SFV anymore

That's a scary thought.
Base game, TBC, wotlk, and an uninterpreted monthly subscription from November 2004 to December 2010.

On a single video game?

I'd have to say battlefield4.
Around $130 for the game and season pass.
In all fairness, for as much entertainment I got out of the game I'd say the price was worth it.

I won't ever do it again though.

However much the Halo 3 Legendary(?) Edition was, the one with the big helmet case.

I never counted but I paid the Japanese price for Tales of Graces F and bought a bunch of overly expensive costumes. Probably near $100.

H-HAYAI

$90 Australian dollars for Demon's Souls for an early copy. I never really buy games upon release.

Probably the band set for Beatles: Rock Band. Think it was like $160, maybe more.

Was worth it for that comfy-as-fuck Hofner, though.

M-MASAKA

H-Hes fast!

i want to hack my 360 so i can play the Beatles dreamscapes and try the 3-part harmonies with my hardware... and also play Green Day

I make recordings of gameplay of damn near everything because I'm paranoid of that kind of stuff.

F

The standalone Green Day game is kinda shit, but I dunno if they still do song exports. If they do I'd just try to find those and put them into RB3. Some of their songs were pretty fun on drums.

Nier automata JP for 120 Ausbucks
A friend of mine though has spent over 1.4k on League of Legends

$83,754.89 on tf2 crate unboxing and impulse unusual buys.

I am partly the reason Valve went the direction it went concerning paid item systems and microtransactions. You are free to lay into me, preferably in s vaguely sexual kind of way.

yeah i can always get a little fun out of any GH/RB set. one of the RB Track Packs were complete garbage but i still had plenty of fun playing Little Sister by Queens of the Stone Age.... i'd imagine any Green Day package would be much more enjoyable

AFAIK the entirety of RBGD is dlc now. All old export codes don't work anymore, RB3 is exported to RB4 by buying a 15$ export in an XBL/PSN account that has RB3 playtime. Some of the songs from RB1/RB2/RB Lego are going to be dlc in the future.

probably $120 in battle cats

six years of EVE subscription around 780EUR

70$ for a brand new 7th gen game.
>mfw brand new games now cost what corresponds to 80$
Feels good to not be playing on consoles anymore.

400€ on Hearthstone over the past 3 years

50€ on Witcher 3 and it's season pass 25€ I think

Definitely worth it

€180 for Archage

Never mind. Just realized I had a WoW subscription before and a also a bunch of skins on CSGO.

So well above €360 on some game.

Hearthstone has got one of the biggest esport scenes right now. So assuming you also play regularly you can easily make that money back with online and local tourneys.

Probably hearthstone, I almost never play but when a new expansion comes out I can't resist dropping 40-60 bucks on packs. It's bad, but I have a good job so I don't care too much

Probably buying gil in FFXI because I was a fucking spoiled little bitch.

Spent maybe $250 over the course of 3 years.

2k on fifa ultimate team over the past 5 years

WoW subscription.
I'm guessing about 300€ + the game

Other than that I've never spent more than 60€ on a game

Yeah they're always unique, totally interesting, and sometimes mysterious

I spent $70 total for microtransactions in Pokémon Rumble World.

$80 SSBM
$90 Xenoblade Chronicles

Could've just downloaded the ISOs
Ended up trading XC into gamestop for $45. Gonna hang onto melee.

>try to import Eyes of Heaven from some random Japanese retailer for around $70
>the UPS tracker says it was delivered but it never shows up
>can't get a refund since I can't return it and UPS says they dropped it off
>just give up and wait for localization
>game comes out in English
>buy it for $60
>it's shit

i bought the special edition of spore that was $80, which came with an artbook and a DVD about the making of the game.

Probably several hundred dollars in Runescape membership costs.

Switch for Zelda so £320 plus tax plus tip
Pleased with it though

>tfw friend ended up with extra copy of limited edition version of a game
>decided he would send me the extra copy as a gift
>lets me know when he sent it
>wait 2 weeks before asking post office where the fuck my package disappeared to
>they claim they dropped it off despite it never showing up in either my mailbox or at my doorstep

65£ for Nier Automata import

>Dognald, the petegates

$300 on skins for H1Z1

I didn't read the fine print and "traded up" 5 epic body armors for a legendary from the same cache and got my third wildstyle shotgun.

Turns out you can only get those 3 shitty wildstyle legendaries from trading up, rather than a legendary from the same chest like every other upgrade.

I haven't played that game since...

i dont want to know how much i paid in total for fucking wow