This is a four year old videogame.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I6RyUWgZb64
youtube.com/watch?v=OjG67imnIHY
youtube.com/watch?v=jRhXLpHoqC4
youtu.be/TDvk9_iTq6Y?t=6m44s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>caring about graphics
That said console games are fucking garbage in the gameplay department too.

looks like shit

You'll have to elaborate on that, user.

There's a reason Digital Foundry still use Crysis 3 as part of their benchmarking suite. Game is an audiovisual masterpiece.

>mfw playing this at 7680x1440 on high settings
framerate was only just playable but it was worth it

Crysis 3's opening and ending still give me chills.

youtube.com/watch?v=I6RyUWgZb64

VICTORY COSTS.

EVERY TIME, YOU PAY A LITTLE MORE.

I SAW A GLIMPSE OF WHAT'S COMING... AND THERE WAS NOTHING LEFT OF ME TO STOP IT.

I liked crysis 3 but the picture felt a little busy at times

And it still runs like a shit on a 2017 mid range GPU.

I never understood why Prophet came back from the dead

>And it still runs like a shit on a 2017 mid range GPU.
Bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=OjG67imnIHY
Even w/o a decent AA it has a lot of dips and runs under 60fps.

Suit hijacked Alcatraz's corpse. Suit was already turning his body into raw materials throughout Crysis 2, and when he killed himself at the end of the game, the suit used his corpse to reboot. There's not really a human being inside the suit anymore. It's a corpse mixed with alien DNA that "thinks" it is Prophet.

Crysis 3 ended up being one of the more interesting transhumanist narratives, especially in the FPS genre.

Why the fuck are they running on Very High on an RX480? Those are midrange GPUs. Very High is designed for much higher end hardware.

How can nu-games even compete?

Wait a minute. They're running on maximum settings with MSAA enabled. MSAA destroys performance with games like this. Especially with a GPU like the 1060 or the RX 480.

The game isn't very well optimised, there's hardly any difference between medium and high on most settings, and some of the very high settings basically change nothing. The only ones I noticed had a substantial graphical improvement were the particle effects and the lighting. Everything else putting it on very high was a waste of resources.

Crysis 3 was graphically superior to The Last of Us, and also had massive open levels instead of painted corridors. It also had a properly unified art style where Crysis 1 and 2 had been a bit inconsistent. Never understood why it didn't get more praise, especially since it's also a pretty tight FPS game.

youtube.com/watch?v=jRhXLpHoqC4
This one is with SMAA.
And believe me, i just played it. It has a fuck tons of dips, even at high (you just save 5fps).

I think it's because Crysis 2 was such a disappointment most people just gave up on the series. It's a shame, really. People just made fun of it including the bow meme and moved on.

Is this Eternal Darkness 2

>The game isn't very well optimised
The game is beautifully optimized. The thing manages to run on a freaking PS3, and scales all the way up to a GTX 1080.
> there's hardly any difference between medium and high on most settings
There are immense differences. You just don't know what to look for.
>and some of the very high settings basically change nothing.
Wrong. They often enable more realtime effects. (Realtime GI, for example.)

For people who care about visuals, the maximum settings are worth it.

What a shill. Crysis 3 is one of the worst FPS i've ever played. Its just Crysis 2 all over again.
Just an exemple that says a lot : If you wanna sprint and then go back to walking, unpressing "shift" won't stop you from sprinting, you literraly have to stop pressing "forward".

GI is part of the lighting settings, which I mentioned are among the only settings that make a difference.

And I know very well what to look for thanks, the highest settings are a waste, but not as much of a waste as high is compared to medium.

t. run the game at ultra @4k

That's common in games with long distances, actually, because you'll be sprinting for a long time. In 3 sprint doesn't eat suit energy, right?

Can't read filenames.

>In 3 sprint doesn't eat suit energy, right?
Correct. And you can sprint forever. They tried to address the design issues Crysis 2 introduced.

The lack of PBR & the Lighting in general makes it look a little flat though

>if you wanna stop sprinting, you literally have to STOP moving.
This is just stupid. Its not common at all. Show me other games which do that.
Whats the setting for real time GI anyway? It's not even stated as an option.
Oh and whats the point of a real time GI in a game w/o a day/night cycle?

ok thanks

I breezed thru 3 but it was actually better than 2

>Crysis 3 is one of the worst FPS i've ever played. Its just Crysis 2 all over again.
That's kind of ridiculous because Crysis 2 was a genuinely decent, but flawed FPS games. If Crysis 3 were just Crysis 2 all over again, it would be at least decent. Instead, it tries to fix the design problems of Crysis 2 while trying to find a middle ground between Far Cry 1 and Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 in terms of level design.

Realtime GI is enabled when you set the lighting to the ultra or you can enable it with a console command on settings lower than ultra.

The textures and materials on this game look better than anything PBR has given us so far except maybe Ryse.

Far Cry 3 does that. I think Borderlands, too? It's a really welcome feature in any game with large maps, unless you really hate your pinky finger. You can stop sprinting by aiming, firing the gun etc. usually - all the actions that are mutually exclusive with sprinting stop it.

If the game isn't seeing much performance difference between High and Very High, I'd be inclined to blame the CPU usage.

youtu.be/TDvk9_iTq6Y?t=6m44s

Game is extremely CPU hungry.

This is a 7 year old game. Graphics fucking stagnated

>Oh and whats the point of a real time GI in a game w/o a day/night cycle?
Light bounce is better handled if there's some change in the environment. It's subtle, but worth it. However, it is a somewhat crude GI implementation. Nowhere near as good as modern CryEngine. It's the same one Homefront: TR uses, actually. Prone to a fair bit of light bleed.

Racing games have always been a bit cheaty because all the detail is focused on a narrow strip in front of you.

I find it interesting how Crysis 3 and Titanfall 2 fell victim to the same problem -- selling a 6-7 hour long FPS game with unpopular MP is hard. For some reason, Titanfall 2 ended up getting a lot more sympathy while Crysis 3 kept getting shat on by people who no longer actually knew what they wanted from a Crysis game.

What are your specs?

I think the game was sabotaged by EA, too. Released on the PS3/360 running at 20-30fps instead of being delayed until the end of the year to be PS4/XBO launch title. Splinter Cell: Blacklist has this same marketing problem. The PC version was stuck on Origin, which had a lot of negative PR around it. And the game had the misfortune to be released during a period when it was open world of bust.

>Suit hijacked Alcatraz's corpse. Suit was already turning his body into raw materials throughout Crysis 2, and when he killed himself at the end of the game, the suit used his corpse to reboot. There's not really a human being inside the suit anymore. It's a corpse mixed with alien DNA that "thinks" it is Prophet.

I disagree.
Suit did not hijack anything, the Propet's consciousness already merged with his suit too much so when he removed it and gave to the guy in Cyrsis2 to save his life he did not really die, he was in the suit pretty much. Whole Crysis 2 story is about Prophet emerging as a new creature.
Crysis 3 ending was culmination of it:
"We perfected your technology".

This is a TEN year old video game on an Xbox 360

>go that far to render a thumb
>texture and model on the enemy's mask is complete garbage

>something you see throughout the entire game vs something you see for a split second
Gee I wonder why

Shame that it was shit.

>All that clipping
Impressive!

>Shame that it was shit.
Did we play the same game? Crysis 3 was incredible.

Considering the black magic required to get the game running at 30fps instead of 15fps on consoles, I don't think they had much CPU budget left for clothing deformation.

too bad the gameplay was casualized shit and story was a snoozefest