Star Citizen

Now that the dust has settled

Is it a scam?

neo-Sup Forums will go out of their way to tell you that it's not only a scam, but a front for criminal enterprises

Sup Forums-classic will laugh in your face for not knowing about Chris Roberts and how he operates as a developer

derek smart
derek smart
derek smart

Was right.

>Sup Forums-classic will laugh in your face for not knowing about Chris Roberts and how he operates as a developer

So, it is a scam based on his previous work.

Wait, what happened?

quick rundown?

The will never run out of money, they have too many backers with excess money to burn for that to happen.

Is it a scam? No I don't think so, the developers do want to make the game as good as they can and aren't just doing this to steal money.

The way it's being funded is going to be an issue though, not intentionally but when you have a really nice cushy job and no publisher breathing down your neck you want to extend it as much as possible. This will mean they start suggesting more and more cool things to extend the lifespan of their jobs.

"the game is nearing completion guys"
"hey wouldnt' it be good to add this huge new feature!?"

You could say, just release it and make new content after but you lose the vast majority of players a few months after release no matter what you do.

Nothing, he just made an image faggots.

It's probably not a full scam but they're taking as long as they want and going slow as fuck on purpose with the idea that rich dipshits will continue to give them welfare money.

Not really. CR legitimately tries to make a great game every time, but tends to be very bad at managing projects. He is the progenitor of feature-creep after all, and SC is probably his greatest display of the term.

While you might consider that a scam(because you're socially inept and don't know how the real world works), it's really not.

They're probably gonna release something, but it's not at all impressive for what they've shown. Every demo has been riddled to the tits with bugs, and at the end of the day it's a passing fancy, not 'the last game you'll ever need' as preached by some early backers.

>Destiny
>Halo 5
>NMS
>ME:A
>Star Citizen

this game is Schrödinger's crowd-fund.

it'll be either the biggest coming of Christ after World of Warcraft, or it will crash and burn and Chris Roberts will flee on his million dollar yacht with the rest money.

i bought it for 35 bucks with the access to their singleplayer content. We'll have to wait, maybe my children will be able to play it

>blacklisted from Hollywood after this debacle and refusing to pay people
>thinking he wouldn't scam others

All kickstarter projects should employ the RAD model of development.

what?

So instead of deliberatly scamming you, he's just a moron wasting your money.

Not any better really. Just a differnce of asshole versus retard.

You need to look up the definitions of words before you decide what they mean. Scam implies intentional dishonesty, not general incompetence.

If you weren't socially inept, you'd have been exposed to both by now, and would understand the difference.

>citation needed

Not really.

The Alpha version I've played is already more TECHNOLOGY than anything else I've seen in the last 5 years, even if it's buggy as fuck and rough around the edges.