Resident Evil 7

Thoughts on this? I never got to see discussion cause I wanted to avoid spoilers.

Little girl with super powers is a tired trope but the old lady twist was nice

Other urls found in this thread:

residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Tactics_and_Rescue_Service
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's shit.

It's a good game

Great

Good game

Haven't played it, but I guess it's shit

First 1-2 hours were pretty good after that it drags on way too much imo

Who's aunt Rhody?

Its really good.

If some bitch ass user says RE 5 or 6 are better ignore his bullshit,the general consensus is that they both suck

I enjoyed it, its not as scary as it is goofy and I like that about it.

Pros: Atmosphere, Pacing and Combat is pretty weighty
Cons: Enemy Variety, Weak Puzzles, Mostly Shit Boss battles

You stop that

best RE game.

I don't like how outside of the dlcs there is little replay value

Daughters was complete shite Imo, I didn't get RE7 to have some shitty Outlast style section

I hate it when artists do shit like this. Looks nothing like characters but lets just toss a game logo on it to drum up popularity

>Getting mad people stylize characters in fanart when it takes nothing away from the original

Who
the
fuck
cares

I could sit and listen to Zoe for fucking hours. I can't help myself I am broken inside.

I don't know if its a fetish or what because its not as if any of the other southern accents do it for me in the game. The little chuckle when Ethan is bitching about Marge's bugs. HHNNNGGGGG

That's not the dlc with the replay value though.

>Sup Forums: the post

It only happened a few times but I thought those moments when enemies started popping out and Ethan just went "Ah, fuck" were hilarious.

Also Zoe a cute. I gave her the curse, but mostly because without her we wouldn't have it so it was only fair.

What does Mia say to you when trying to kill you with the knife on the ship if you gave her the curse?

>Sup Forums: the reply

it was meh. Money better spent else where

I mean cure, not curse.

I wish that they found a way to combine the great opening acts with the Resident Evil style plot and silly weapons going awry stuff but it really does feel like two different games bolted together.

Its like it had a really tough development process but completely lacked someone like Mikami to just put up and scrap everything. So remnants of what came before just keep on adding up and adding up and it starts getting bogged down under its own weight.

It also makes no fucking sense even as a RE game. Zoe can't leave the estate because shes infected, you give her the cure and Evie just kills her outright anyway. Giving Jack the cure kills him outright and its explained that its most likely because of the time span since hes been infected, only it works on Mia fine and surely she was the one infected for the longest time. Where did the D series head and arm come from? It would not have come from the boat because that was a simple transferal job from one facility to another, why would the contact Lucas have be sending him old parts and he outright admits he doesn't know what to do with the head when he has it

Last Night i dreamed and in my dream I dreamed that I was in the Baker's house. They fed me soup and made me part of the family.

Its more or less the exact same thing only Mia bundles Ethan out of the door and locks it behind him saying that she can only block her out for so long and to go kill her body while you can

It was shit, and the granny being the big bad was so predictable, it's funny that people even call it a "twist". Especially when the intro cinematic alone spoils it.

Why did she melt and turn into this enormous house monster when you injected her with the supertoxin? Why didn't it just kill her like her creators said it would?

the narrative director for this game was the same guy who wrote the FEAR 1 expansion packs, so it's no wonder Eveline's hallucinations are so reminiscent of Alma

It really does feel like they went "Its RE we don't have to explain shit."

Anyone have that Mia chainsawing Ethan to death webm, but with sound?

her regenerative abilities were too strong and her DNA had mutated over the three years since the toxin was made, so it was not 100% effective on her and she was able to re-form out of her surrounding mold. She only finally dies and turns all calcified when her regenerative capabilities completely burn out, due to the effects of the toxin combined with the bio-pistol and Ethan's own weapons

>implying Lucas wouldn't make babies with Eveline

It was okay. I really liked Jack. 7/10

dunno, but you better go tell her

So, was Eveline about to die of old age anyway by the time the game starts?

i wanna fuck redfield

Would she really die, tho?

Haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet, played all the other RE games excluding the chronicle ones and REV2 what I purchased the other day and plan on playing tomorrow.

RE7 looks promising but from what I've read it sounds like it loses steam at the half way point.

Still it can't be any worse than 4 & 6.

I wish the non-shit fanart was more than just Lucas and more Lucas.

Tell her what?

Pretty sure there was something in the notes mentioning how it could have different effects depending on how long they've been infected.

That everybody's...

that's so hot

So, since Lucas is the only one still alive, will he be in Not A Hero? Or maybe a future game

Everytime I think about going back to play through the starting areas again and have a good proper explore and take everything once more [and look at Zoe's bra again[/spoiler], i remember the forced intro cinematic thing and how fucking long it takes.

They really need to introduce a "jump the meal" new game option.

>Mia has no tits in the actual game tho

Zoe doesn't die in the Mia ending

Did you forget the salt mine lab?
Also the cure didn't kill Zoe, Eveline did for trying to leave. The cure kills based on how far the virus progressed, not exactly the time you've had it in you.

I'd say it loses the steam at the 80% point

>25
>that hairline

A raised hairline is not indicative of balding.

Most likely since Chris went to investigate the salt mind to find who most people assume is Lucas towards the end of the gamw

What I meant was that you give Zoe the cure and then what 10 minutes later she just get outright killed anyway, so the cure really means nothing because Evie has the power to outright kill anyone she wants to anyway. The cure is instantaneous also because it insta-gibs Monster Jack. Hell Mia get mind controlled at the start and then not a single time after that, from running from Marge and being tied up by Lucas, you would think Evie would not like her Mum being tied to a post by her adoptive brother but hey.

You know I'm surprised how much I like the blocking mechanic, it's so simple but it can make for some tense moments since you have another option outside of just running

That gets brought up by one of the scientist when he mentions that Eve didn't mind them locking up Mia in the cell. Even though the family chased after Mia they never actually hurt her, they just made sure she couldn't escape. It's not weird to think Eve doesn't have the same social understanding as us, and as long as they're literally together in the same area she'd be happy as a family.

Also as someone said the cure was developed years ago and the virus probably mutated as Eve got older.

Not to say the game doesn't have some inconsistencies but if you give it some room they're not too crazy

IMO it actually picks up steam after you leave the house. The ship and the end part as ethan are underrated. Suddenly there is a ton of actually challenging combat and resource management against the regular enemies, particularly on madhouse difficulty. It felt like the ends of the old RE games where you are fighting tons of the hardest enemies in the depths of the secret umbrella facilities before facing the final boss.

The only real boss left is the final boss though, and it's really easy, so that part is worse yes

God, she's so hot in that one!

Yes she does. She's there with Jack in the dream sequence. She probably ended herself rather than allow the infection to take her completely.

Pretty good...the flaws are kinda annoying(Lack of variety on enemies,Shitty final boss and lack of extra content) but the good things totally make up for it(Story,Voice Actiing Atmosphere and sound design is amazing)

Also only the last boss is shit...everything else is ure fun

Its worth a buy...but ONLY in a Sale

>only in sale
Yall so fucking spoiled

That face when no wife to murder me with a chainsaw

Cmon i love the game...but the extra modes being dlc was bullshit...buy on Sale + the dlc to even out

Evie thinks like a child. She's not very smart for a big bad, and could have easily killed Ethan and crushed all resistance if she weren't so obsessed with playing house

yes goyim buy Resident Evil 7™ FULL PRICE and make sure to play it with PSVR® for the full experience! Also don't forget to buy the Season Pass®™™™

Dead

She's barely a child. She's 3 years old

does Evie control the molded directly or do they just do their own thing and only appear around her?

I really enjoyed it. While it has its problems, it is easily the best RE game I've played in many years. It plays very well, and while the puzzles aren't so hot, the act of exploring the environment and managing your resources is very gratifying, tense, and enjoyable.

It's good to play a big-budget horror title that not only has a fleshed out environment with a focus on horror (though this isn't totally consistent, it's still quite good), but the care and polish necessary not to devolve the experience into bloated junk (this was RE6's problem imo).

The DLC, as much of a sting as it was to pay for it up-front, really adds to the game with lots of fantastic game modes. Nightmare is excellent, Jack's Birthday and Ethan Must Die (beat it the other night WOO) are lots of fun, and hell, even 21 is strangely addictive. While it is frustrating that it was an extra fee, at the very least you will get your value out of it, plus the upcoming story chapters to flesh out the game.

All in all, while this might be putting my neck out a bit, I think this game will likely grow in fondness and popularity over time, as opposed to an immediate hit like RE4. The more casual and curious people take the chance the more they'll love it.

Lucas notes this, which is why he finds it funny that all he has to do is play pretend with a mental 9-year-old and he more or less gets off scot-free to design new rape-torture dungeons and grow back his fingernails.

Seems like the later

>Lucas notes this, which is why he finds it funny that all he has to do is play pretend with a mental 9-year-old and he more or less gets off scot-free to design new rape-torture dungeons and grow back his fingernails.

He was lucky enough to get a cure just for the mind control, no one else can do that

Hey I like the game and -don't- like the DLC sectioning-off, but you don't need to be so bitter about it. At least you know the modes are great and worth it so when it's in your price range you shouldn't pass them up.

Myself this was the first "new" game I've bought in probably 3 years or more, so I justified the larger purchase based on years of buying nothing but sales/used.

Without VR - 8/10
With VR - 10/10

Very enjoyable, albeit a little underwhelming towards the end. Could have used more content on release or not have so much as DLC but that extra content is still really good at least.

The people who hate the game like the Resident Evil series mostly for its bean counting aspect, not its atmosphere. Everyone who liked the series for its atmosphere like this game for the most part.

honestly it's the most refreshing thing capcom has put out in years

>183 cm 84,5 kg
holy shit what a dyel

6'0'' and 186lbs is reasonably big.

no, it's not. either way the captain of an elite special forces team shouldn't be "reasonably big", he should be 6'2, 240

That's legendary mystical ice giant size for Japan.

>S.T.A.R.S.
>elite special forces team

Both Chris and Wesker have retconned weights and heights now. The ones shown in the live action intro are no longer canonical

Are there any mods out yet to make Mia not ugly in game?

He's not Duke Nukem, user.

lmao probably
>The Special Tactics and Rescue Service (S.T.A.R.S.) was an elite special forces division under the jurisdiction of the Raccoon City Police Department.
residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Tactics_and_Rescue_Service
i see. chris height and weight makes sense, he looks very big for 220 though. albert should probably be a bit bigger. his height is good however.
that's college athlete level, user

Retconned height, but the weight can be attributed to Chris roiding up to fight super Wesker after CV.
I was mostly just being an asshole, since I remember Duke being described with a similar height\build.

RE7 brought back true survival horror and I don't care what anyone says this is survival horror to the bone
I love games like Alien Isolation and Amnesia but there not straight up survival horror.
The last game I played that was truly survival horror was ZombieU and I was worried RE would never return to that style of gameplay but with RE7 it brought back everything I loved from the classic REs.
RE7 reminded me of why I loved horror in the first place and I'm so excited for the future of RE now.

to be honest albert and duke do look a lot like each other.

i see i'm not the only connoisseur of crazy

And Johnny Bravo.

Isn't that JC Denton?

Big tiddies.

Maybe.

I want to fuck the little girl

I want to fuck mia

I want to fuck zoe

I want to fuck the magnum

What is this from?

Pretty sure it was confirmed that Not a Hero is about Redfield going into the mines after Lucas.

Well said

looks like Possession (1981)

I didn't even play RE7 in VR and so many scenes made me squirm or feel uncomfortable.