Get told nocturne is way better than persona trash

>get told nocturne is way better than persona trash

>have a party in nocturne
>if MC dies its game over even though demons could just revive you

Defend this garbage

>>if MC dies its game over even though demons could just revive you
That's exactly the same as in Persona though, just with demons instead of teenagers.

> Master die
> Get freedom

So the same as strange journey? Good

Your demons become unsummoned when you die because you can no longer channel your summoning magic.

Are you just terrible at the game? Your MC is by far much stronger then any demon in the game how is he dying before you demons?

instant death spells can be immuned you daft cunt those are not a valid reason

Unless you have already though certain bosses and enemies you wont know they have insta death spells.

>hedidnt play it blind first run.

I did and got wrecked many times.I also got true demon and didn't come here to complain about a difficult game being difficult like a poo baby.

>implying you won't just get blown up sometimes on enemy advantage

Same thing happens in Persona.

Can't. P4G, SMT1 and 2, SJ, and TMS#FE are all better than it.

Not in Golden.

>get told SMT:Nocturne is a good RPG because it isn't just attack and heal en masse for every fight

>it's exactly that for every regular fight
>every boss is doing the exact same but spamming buffs + debuffs as well

Yeah, SMTfags are pretty pretentious and uppity like that.

>b-but you have to target enemies weakness

>spamming buffs + debuffs
>working around weaknesses
>knowing when to cut the brakes and attack rather than defend, and if you ignore buffs/debuffs for too long and play too defensively you die

"just buffs and debuffs" is like saying that chess is "just moving your pieces to the right space"

the demons could, but why would they? they don't care about your goals, you just hired them.

what a scrub

Its a JRPG.

What did you expect.

what? if the mc dies in golden you still get a game over. unless you're a baby bitch boy who plays on easy, then you get like 20 continues.

Persona logically should have deeper combat than SMT

Don't know why it's the reverse

what makes you say that?

>anything that can be conceived as an inconvenience to the modern gamer is bad

How about you just adapt and play the game?

Speaking in generalities here, not limited to Nocturne.

Except that every boss has dekaja/dekunda so you just can't max buff/debuff your enemy and then just attack

>digital devil saga recommended as start point in series
>buy it on ps3
>the atmosphere is so sad and gloomy i want to kill myself
>i get game over every 20 minutes of playing
t-thanks Sup Forums

Digital Devil Saga is a better first game.

Are you such an emotional baby you can't even play the game?

Pretty shitty mechanic indeed.
Final Fantasy Tactics has the best death systen: Once you lost your HP you have three turns to be resurrected, after that, permadeath.
It's believeable, not too harsh, and adds depth to the game.

>knowing when to cut the brakes and attack rather than defend, and if you ignore buffs/debuffs for too long and play too defensively you die
except almost every boss is a 4v1 (with multiple reinforcements) meaning you can attack and defend at the same time

Except you can because the AI is too retarded to use them each turn making it incredibly easy to buff + debuff before the boss finally decides to break them.

honestly i found the start of DDS a lot harder than Nocturne. i dunno if I just had the worst luck in the world but even with my pumping agility i was getting ambushed by so many fucking demons in the first few dungeons. it's one thing when they get the firs attack in, when they get the first attack and then you have to transform that is the most fucking cancerous thing i've ever seen

>not in casual mode

Found your problem, you should play more Persona games before you compare anything to the series.

Yeah, you just hover at +2/+3 the whole fight instead.