Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=euRa_DOcFXY
youtube.com/watch?v=R9L9vWmvvX0
youtube.com/watch?v=0WHMk4oOPCw
youtube.com/watch?v=W9bY3IZODJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rei best girl.

What game ?

Treehouse didn't translate that game too, did they?

It's a callback to Alpha where Heero and Rei had a similar conversation.

Super Robot Wars V

Just ordered that game, what am I in for? Never played an SRW game before

I like the right side much better. Much, much better.

Why do people buy fanservice games even though they are all factually shit?

It's a reference to a scene in SRW Alpha where Heero and Rei have the exact same "conversation".

Do you like giant robots in general? Or at least most of the ones featured in this game?
The games are like 10% gameplay 90% fanservice, so if you don't like any of the above then you'll only get a rather mediocre and easy SRPG.

I wanna grab this game, how good is it an what series are represented the best

Me too, it shows that you can get work without having the required skills, I should become translator.

The skill employed by the translator was an eye for shitty writing, and an opportunity to have a little chuckle.

The translators have a leg up on the original game writers in that they know we've all seen the boilerplate tortured assassin spiel about a million times. By now, we all know exactly what's going on when two assassins commune silently, and it's precisely what's on the left side. "How many people have you killed?" "I've lost count." I'd rather be able to smile at the suggestion of a tired cliche than have it reiterated without the slightest hint of self-awareness. I'd rather wonder about mysterious characters than have them reduced to a stereotype.

The Japanese never seem to get tired of tropes, and in fact like them more the more they're repeated. Somehow they seem able to approach something very familiar as though it's new every time. It's good localization to recognize that Western gamers are culturally different, and adjust to those demands.

They're reciting quotes from several famous video game characters.

I agree, but in that case it's certainly not how to do it.

>people actually defend this
ok

Looks like pasta to me.

kuudere was never cute

Is the game doing satire?

no u

Yes, SRW is full of meta jokes.

Well, what is? Do you want a dissertation on the conflict between morality and survival? Or a heartrending resignation from any hope for the immortal soul? Or a tacit bond between killers to pursue life instead of death going forward, seeking redemption and fellowship among men instead of corpses? From the genius storysmiths who brought you a "1000-year-old dragon" in the sexualized body of a toddler?

Really, the less writing these people do, the better. Schlock is alright and even good to point, but when it's aggressively average, it takes away from a game. Silence is golden.

what people want is the game translated as close to the original as possible

weebs don't like their shit fucked with user, it's not even about quality

I'd rather a mildly funny joke than Treehouse attempting to translate another support. Yes, it's shit from a character development standpoint, but the sheer fact that nobody wrote any words easily puts it as on of the best written scenes in Revelation.

It was a shit localization for a horrible plot.

YOU ARE THE

The left dialogue is horribly cliche. It doesn't matter though since the game itself is horrible too from the story standpoint.

Like clockwork.

Damn, how did you know it was me?

Can't we just have an SRW thread? Aren't you all tired of shitposting about the same fucking thing over and over?

>Sup Forums
>Tired of constantly bitching about the same shit, day in and day out.
Mate, I'm not sure what you were expecting.

sure, should I buy V?

You're right and I know it, trust me

Just wish it were different.

I disagree I recognize that a localisation can be better or even create something new altogether(like that new vlotron everyone likes) but I'd still rather have my weeb shit as unchanged as possible

The solution to your desire of perfectly intact weebshit is the same as it always has been and always will be.

Learn moonrunes.

Maybe because they're fans? Contrary to the West JPN devs make what the customer wants NOT what SJWs and conformists want. That's why a lot of JPN devs have been around for decades.

So you want a thin excuse for a game as long as it has whatever FOTM anime characters you like in it?

Doesn't sound like what a real fan would want to be honest. You might as well be buying the official handegg, you'd be getting more enjoyment out of it.

They're both shit. Right is actually funny, but it ruins character development and the atmosphere. Even though those were shit too.
I prefer the translation all in all, but I wouldn't play that game anyways.

Fair enough. You want fidelity; I want quality. In the end, neither of us really get either thing, because they have to try to balance those.

For you the solution is to learn Japanese, and for me, the solution is to just not spend my money on what I think is junk. Lucky for them, you'll buy two copies for every one I don't, so losing me and the three other guys who think like me doesn't hurt. Quality won't improve, and they can get away with less and less quality AND fidelity, because you bought two copies anyway.

good thing I didn't watch/cared about Eva or that'd be a spoiler for me, cause I'm just on 12th stage.
for fanservice obviously.
of all kinds.
>SRW Alpha
65%

of the best kind

DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THE EARTH?
youtube.com/watch?v=euRa_DOcFXY

should've started with other image honestly, SRW has much to choose for.
that dialogue in OP just attracts shitty faggots who can only sperg bullshit they learn on Sup Forums and not get actual references.

>fanservice game series exists for pleasing various arrange of fans for 25 years
>somehow bad thing to happen
are you retard or something?
for example inclusion of Might Gaine is first thing fans of that show got for decades, how is that a bad thing again?

wanting an accurate to the Japanese isn't the same as wanting a shit game though, you're right I was excited for fates and i did buy both copies since I had the money, but i do regret that now since neither were really that good, but i'll never do that again at least

SRW V is great and all, but I didn't expect additional 41 SGD of locked bonus missions tied to characters and main story

your daily reminder that ZZ is better than Z.

Of course it's not the same; a lot of the time our interests are actually aligned. Sometimes not so much

Something like SRW really is a fan's game and shouldn't be messed with much. Of course, it isn't even really localized. A lot of people who otherwise might not care much for shonen do like FE, though. The series has moved away from the Western high-fantasy feeling that helped broaden its appeal. Maybe our interests are aligned in this case.

I hope Echoes turns out to be cool

But what about Triple Zeta?

fuckin' weeaboos

>Waiting for Fafner Exdous in a SRW
>Waiting for a non-shit Mark Nicht
>Waiting for all of Soushi's chuuni as fuck battle lines and Maya becoming the Idol of the "Old Man Sniper League"

i'm not worried about srw at all m8, if they did ever localize it they would't change a thing
>I hope Echoes turns out to be cool
me too m8

was that that ideon vs gundam manga ever translated? I wanna see Judau and Amuro hang out

This is fucking insane.

>Want to read Tolstoy? Learn Russian faggot.

what's this

Based Yazan.

Pretty sure that panel is from Plamo Kyoshiro, but I don't think either manga has been translated.

>current year
>not being gundam weaboo

For Yazan, it's always violating time.

>all the westerncucks LOL IT'S OKAY CAUSE IT'S LE FUNNY DAE
this is why you guys get mass effect andromeda while japan makes kino games like nier and BOTW

same artist right? I just figured someone in this thread would know

Everytime I use the Yamato it's so fucking hype.

kek, in a previous game rei had the same dialog with Eureka

>a scene where the Chocolate Man and Char keep trying to steal a loli from each other
>the loli steals their giant robots and becomes a mahou gundam

because Yamato is embodiment of hope itself.
youtube.com/watch?v=R9L9vWmvvX0

The Volley of Fire yells are my favorite, especially Kodai's when he shoots the main cannons.

This would be valid if Treehouse translation was ever better than weebshit. Too bad it's always much worse. It's not like they've hired Avellone to touch the script. The reason people from treehouse work there is that nobody would ever read anything they wrote if it wasn't attached to a popular anime franchise.
Sad but true.
If you want localization hire Chris Avellone or don't bother.

I think it's first time while playing SRW I do not skip battleship attack animations this often
youtube.com/watch?v=0WHMk4oOPCw
inclusion of Yamato in roster was great idea. It took well deserved place

youtube.com/watch?v=W9bY3IZODJg

and they were saying PoD is bad
super aestivalis also freaking nice one

>cross ange is in this

Does jesus from Cross Ange meet with jesus from seed?

The units are cool but POD itself is in fact very, very bad. Great visuals and animation but the plot is completely broken. It feels like they had a complete script but then accidentally put half of it in the shredder and didn't bother to rewrite it. The POD-related plot in the game is better than the plot of the actual movie. It's a shame because Nadesico was such a great TV series.

>The POD-related plot in the game is better than the plot of the actual movie
isn't precisely because of this - inclusion of PoD is better than inclusion of Nadesico?
I didn't dislike PoD honestly, even tho it was quite a drastic change from TV-Series. But I really kinda glad they went with it, cause I got regular Nadesico covered by SRW J.

Haven't reached that part, but Rosalie and Chris have the hots for Assram.

What Super Robot War games are available to an EOP like myself?

No, you're right, one of the things that SRW seems to do well is taking certain series that are hard to swallow for whatever reason and making them tolerable, or at least making their faults stand out less. See Cross Ange or POD in SRW V or Seed or Brain Powerd in J.

But at the same time, I don't want anyone to be under the impression that POD is actually good or worth watching. In fact the more someone liked Nadesico the less I'd advise them to go watch it.

quite a few actually
just off the top of my had you have J and the 2 gba og's
then there are UI translations for z2 and z2-2 on psp
and you can import asian versions of the moon dwellers and V as both have English language options

i'm missing a few there too like the one on playsation that was fully fan translated

Fan translation: SRW 1 and 2 for GB. SRW 3 for SFC, SRW J for GBA, SRW Alpha Gaiden for PS1.
Official west releases: SRW OG1 and SRW OG2 for GBA.
Official English Asia releases : SRW OG Moon Dwellers for PS4, SRW V for PS4 and Vita.
Note - Moon Dwellers are heavy Engrish aka crabsticks. V is way better translation wise.
well people who'll get interested in Nadesico thanks to PoD will see that PoD is a sequel and will probably start with Nadesico TV show.
You worry a bit too much, tho understandable.
I'd prefer if they removed all Seed
Because Seed was a mistake

there's also a DS spin-off called endless frontier plays completely different from the rest though

Endless Frontier is pretty much a precursor to the Project X Zone games.

You don't want to play Endless Frontier unless you want to know the frustration known as FORCED EVASION

Second game is so much better but no English

But then you miss out on all the boob jokes.

this is some fresh pasta

imagine all the shit you can apply this exact same bullshit to

>Rosalie and Chris have the hots for Assram.