It's literally the same game as the first

it's literally the same game as the first

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/octobyte_/status/845707555020124160
youtube.com/watch?v=NhDgrwyxa7o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No shit, that's why it's also called Splatoon.

/end thread

Yeah no shit. It's a nintnedo game.

but how is this not a "deluxe" but mario kart switch is

it's literally the same game as the first

Sup Forums sure loves sperging about inconsequential stuff.

How should a shooter sequel go then?

They should add new modes and mechanics. Which they might in the full game so this thread is retarded.

Dont fix what isnt broken

MOBA elements, duh

Is that time again where shitposters get mad at Splatoon again

Man, I remember when shooters like these used to be good and be about the whole ww1/2 craze.

Now we get these shitty future war games that just make 0 sense

Mario Kart doesn't have new hair styles though

It's nintendo, they love to recycle shit.

I'm nintenmanchildren as well but i feel sick at this.

>shitload of small mechanical changes and rebalances to even base weapons, including completely redone specials
>completely new maps
>will likely have new specials/weapons with unique mechanics that we haven't even seen yet
>b-but it's the same game because the controls are kinda the same

Oh wait, almost forgot
>completely new story mode/single play campaign to boot

Literally every Nintendo franchise

MK Deluxe is just the old game running 1080p 60fps.

Splatoon 2 is so new that they don't even use the same cgi model for shit nobody would notice like trees and trash cans. It's a new game period.

op here. i was one of the PIONEERS of splatoon shitposting

That's a ridiculous thing to complain about in a shooter.

Also

good. i dont own a wii u.

Not alot of people played the first game since it was on Wii U.

I didn't own the Wii U but I bought a Switch at launch and was not impressed by this beta. I am shocked by the amount of hype this game got on Sup Forums

Really?
Played it and it had better visuals.

It also has new weapons, new features and different mechanics regarding clothes and skills/powerups, new maps, more fluid online play. And it'll have its own new story that plays 2 years after Callie died.

A lot more people played Splatoon than Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, Nioh, The Last Guardian, Yakuza 0

>WiiU gets one game a year
>surprised people prop it up as a masterpiece to defend themselves on Sup Forums and rationalize their purchase

I guess when you put it that way I am not shocked. BOTW was great and lived up to the hype for me, this though was underwhelming and felt like babby's first online experience.

>SM3DW
>DKCTF
>Bayo 2
>MH3U with online and pro controller
>MK8
>Splatoon
>SMM
>W101
>BotW
>Pokken
>Pikmin 3
>WW HD
>Smash 4U
>XCX

Wow the WiiU was out for 14 years? That's a long lifespan.

Why is that shocking?

Splatoon is fun in general. Painting turf on top of the aesthetics makes it a fun party game, like Nintendo's multiplayer offerings go.

If you want to play something technical, play something else.
That said, Nintendo should achieve balance between the setups, and should at least strive for the same level of technical quality as the major shooters.

I agree, Nintendo should put the power of a PS4 pro into a handheld and make sure it lasts 10 hours on a full charge while also costing only 200 dollars.

Never insult Nintendo here again. Let the insults the other users here have lapped on you be a wake up call to you.

>that list
Proving my point.

It litterally doesnt matter to me because I don't own the first.

git gud

Remember when Nintendo said there would be no local multiplayer because you NEEDED the gamepad to play (when all it was really used for was launching)?

What's their excuse this time?

Wow that sounds like a below average update at best.

What point?
All the games listed there are excellent.

If you wanted to also name games people had mixed opinions about you could go and list NSMBU + NSLU, Nintendoland, Game and Wario, TP HD, Paper Mario Color Splash, Star Fox Zero, #FE, Yoshi Woolly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse , Mario Party 10 etc.

They probably wanted to just port the first one like MK8 but realized they utilized the gamepad too much.

3D World was terrible.

No it wasn't. Have you even played it?

Yes. And before you ask yes I have played both single and multiplayer

nintendo isn't better than the other companies, they are just REALLY far behind the curve.

right now, they are discovering half-assed sequels that release with almost no meaningful changes or additions that releases so soon after the last installment.

they are also just now discovering season passes and paid online.

because it is the same game? it just has a couple new characters and one new mode, but the rest is the exact same

How many blacks do you think will be in the upcoming CoD WW2 game? I'm going to say at least 50%, they're not as Progressive as DICE and making it 75% like was the case in the real world as we all know.

>no meaningful changes
>completely redo the whole powerup/clothes/gear system
>new weapons
>rework all specials
>new maps
>new online events
>better visuals and netcode
>now plays on a handheld instead of a home console
>completely new story mode

>this is somehow a half-assed sequel

If anything it does everything a sequel could even do in this situation, you fucking shitposting piece of shit.

I meant gameplay technical quality.

But since we're on this tangent, I'd rather have paid $499 for a portable system that could play everything. I think the public would have preferred that, too.

>he says this unironically in a conversation about a game on a console that largely will be played by people who have never heard of the game before, much less played a shooter

You're not wrong, all other things equal, but certainly out-of-touch with reality and a buzzkill on top of that.

I mean, I was going to seek out other Nintendo players when I got Splatoon 2 after actually enjoying a shooter for the first time ever, but you drones just keep shooting yourselves in the foot and revealing yourselves as the horrible people you are.

Which is doubly hard on me, trying to find people to play and talk and have fun with, goddamn.

I'm r-r-retarded!!! I c-can post on Sup Forums!!!

G-guys!!

>>better netcode
Stopped reading there. Dumb Nintenbro
twitter.com/octobyte_/status/845707555020124160

I wouldn't say terrible, because the gameplay was pretty tight, just aggressively mediocre.

>testfire

irrelevant

I imagine it'd be like mwr where there is a decent amount of blacks,whites,and females. but you can choose who you play as. If you play as the girl and she gets shot it sounds like a moan kinda hot desu

You're retarded, the game has a ranking system for a reason. Play with the babies in turf war if you please.

???
The game isn't out yet, how would you know it has better netcode when the testfire is an objective downgrade and all evidence points to the final game having the same tickrate?

>I'd rather have paid $499 for a portable system that could play everything. I think the public would have preferred that, too.

Thank goodness you're not an exec.

It's not particularly memorable, but the level design is top-tier. Main reason some hated it is because it's basically a 2D Mario in a 3D setting, rather than a SM64/Sunshine sequel - but I actually like 3D World because of this fact.

>objective downgrade
Except it's already better than the first Splatoon in how well it works, has zero dips and looks better

Special changes are good too, much more balanced

>game has a ranking system
CoD confirmed for more indepth game than Spatoon.

From what I've seen it seems more like DLC they were planning for the first game that they just decided to call a sequel. Honestly seems pretty cheap of them

You still haven't explained where the game is lacking in "technical quality" relative to its contemporaries, newfag.

Yeah remember that time DLC added a completely new story mode, upgraded the visuals, reworked all specials, added new weapons, new maps, new online events, completely reworked how the entire stats/power up system works, added new gear etc.?

Oh wait, those are called sequels to games in this genre.

You just said the testfire is irrelevant and are now using it as the basis for your argument, kek. And none of that has anything to do with netcode, nice backpedaling.

It just doesn't look as realistic as cod or battlefield, so I doubt anyone would buy this game. probably 300k max lifetime sales lol

sony wins again

Most of those things happen in patches, let alone DLC

You're a blind fanboy

>implying I couldn't play both with practice
I've been playing and mastering various kinds of games for probably longer than you've been alive (and DEFINITELY longer than you've been a decent person, which still seems to be a work in progress).

If a PS3 can sell at $599, I don't see how sticking a PS4 chip inside a tiny ass tablet and simplifying all the accoutrement would make the MSRP higher than $499.

Maybe it would be $599. I don't know. But Nintendo certainly would have benefited from the third party support that comes with the extra horsepower.

hahahahaha

name literally ONE game that did all of that in a patch

Nice anecdote kid. Come back when you can form an argument

It's the best 3D Mario game ever made you idiot

Not even close

>doesn't even know what an anecdote is

Come back when you can use punctuation or have anything to contribute.

They did add new mechanics.

FFXV
I'm not even trying, it just popped into my head

Enjoy your delusion that this is anything other than rebranded DLC. Hopefully it at least launches with more than 5 maps this time, even if most of them come from the first game

>FFXV

kek what, are you on drugs?

>Ad hom

Thanks, again, for proving that you never learned how to form an argument.

They've added all of those things or their equivalents in patches, yes

yeah ok buddy
discussion over

No they haven't.

Not Splatwoon. You had one job.

Tell me what you think they haven't added and I'll link you to the change log that proves you wrong.

just stop
I'm laughing so hard

>i have literally no argument
I accept your concession

Different story mode/single player content

What the fuck do you expect from Nintendo?

Tell me what you think they've added and I'll link to the archived posts of you getting blown the fuck out time and time again, XV-kun.

>XV-kun is in Splatoon threads spamming anti-Nintendo bullshit

Now it all makes sense
For I was blind but now I see

They've added more story, a different way to play chapter 13, they've revamped abilities, added gear, unlocked framerate, special events, and other changes that this post
doesn't even cover

FFXV is just the first thing that popped into my head anyway. PC games get this kind of treatment all of the time. Nintendo are just massive jews

If anything, FFXV devs are desperately trying to finish their broken ass trash game that takes a complete dive in the second half and doesn't even have a proper ending.

>backpedaling
I could say the same thing about a game that only launched with 5 maps.

Here's another one: Shovel Knight. I could do this all day.

Specter of Torment is not free

Plague of Shadows was

>All new maps, plus a couple of the old ones being remade
>All new graphics with the same artstyle
>new weapons
>all new singleplayer campaign
>spectator mode
>offline tournys
>new special attacks

It's a faithful, safe sequel.

Calling it the same game or a port is fucking retarded and factually untrue.

>2004
>waaahh too many WW2 games!
>2016
>waaahh too many modern/futuristic games!!

Factually wrong. Best 3D Mario without a doubt.

>They've added more story
You mean this poorly written trash? youtube.com/watch?v=NhDgrwyxa7o It made the story even worse
>a different way to play chapter 13
A worse way to play an already shitty chapter
>they've revamped abilities, added gear
Nothing they revamped was significant enough to change Armiger and Poison to win meta
>unlocked framerate
Which was worthless due to how inconsistent it is, you're still better off with 30.

Welcome to Sup Forums, where we just shitpost everything to hell and back even if it makes no sense.

Will Splatoon 2 have a story mode? I loved the campaign from the first.

Also lemme guess, you still can't fuck around in the plaza with your friends? I spent quite a bit of time just wandering around there in between matches, wishing that at least the friend I was playing with could also be there

>better visuals
>looks better
>still 720p

ALL OF THE DAY BRO